I want to talk about the Best Actor award this year. It's really a two horse race, isn't it...

I want to talk about the Best Actor award this year. It's really a two horse race, isn't it? Gary Oldman for "The Darkest Hour" and Daniel Day-Lewis for "Phantom Thread". I just can't see any of the other prospects (James Franco, the guy from "Get Out", Jake Gyllenhall, Hugh Jackman) having a chance. Am I missing someone?

Other urls found in this thread:

goldderby.com/odds/graph/oscars-nominations-2018/best-actor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This twink has won the most from regional critics, more than anyone else in your list

Beach Rats was five times the gay movie that was. Why is it receiving no recognition?

Because its distributor doesn't know how to make award campaign?

Robert Redford for Our Souls at Night might get a nomination

FWIW if you're interested in the odd
goldderby.com/odds/graph/oscars-nominations-2018/best-actor/

oooh shit those DDL odds, I would take that.

Jews giving other Jews awards. Who gives a fuck.

Gary Oldman and DDL are eternal anglos.

Chalamet is probably going to win, we'll see at SAGs

>Am I missing something?
Timothée Chalamet.

calm down mel

>5x the movie
Because it’s not?

But it is. Portrays homosexuals as the soulless drug addict criminals they are statistically destined to be. Honest film-making, not pretty landscapes and predatory father figure boyfriends portrayed as healthy.

>Gary Oldman for "The Darkest Hour"
isn't he blacklisted for saying something about jews?

DDL isn’t winning a fourth. He already holds the record and while he’s great in PT, the performance isn’t a stretch from his usual work, no bombast ala TWBB, nor is playing a historic figure ala Lincoln. Ppl think he’s been rewarded enough.

what did you think of Phantom Thread?

As long as the winner is British then it's all good.

Secretly rooting for Robert Pattinson in "Good Time". And Best Original Score for OPN from the same movie.

There's no way he's not gonna win best director right?

nolan's gonna win it