Best and most interesting character in the film

>best and most interesting character in the film
>everyone ignores it
Why is this board so plebeian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BAD BOARD

>A mommybod officelady that beats the shit out of me
Literally ticks all my boxes

she's a pyscho bitch

I love how much one line fleshed out her character and showed the audience her motivation for being so tenacious.

"I'm the best one."

She's a shit character that only appeals depressed virgin soyboys

What? Wouldn't that be Joi?

I thought her outfit was extremely aesthetic. If I were a woman I would dress like her.

She's the most tragic of all the characters for sure. Died before she could realize that she's not that different from the others.

Her earrings are pure kino

How come she tears up all the time?

She wanted to be special just like K, but her only way of becoming special is by being "the best one" to Wallace, so she couldn't escape those limits.

She wasn't even close to baseline.

>get the fuck up and do you're job

Because she is just as lost and lonely as K was and thought that she can't be a human since Wallace made her believe that she wasn't. She acts so intensely emotional because she doesn't know how to deal her feelings and contradicts her image as the "best".

>her character design gradually changes from full white to full black as her character falls further falls into the depths of her own mental prison
quinoa

Bitch had two chances to kill K but preferred to kill some hologram do nothing.

>b-but she had empathy towards replicants

didn't hesitate for a millisecond in killing Rachael 2.0 because her eyes weren't green

You must have missed all the Luv thread back in November, redditor

Luv vs Joi was the greatest conflict of 2017

personal feelings towards K.

I would love to see that thread.

>everyone ignores
>literally my waifu
fuck off dude, she gave the best performance in the film .

she's kinda ugly so I don't care about her

future corporate wear is always sexy.

No account for taste.

>didn't hesitate for a millisecond
because wallace was right there , she was shook up about it in the limo ride afterwards . unlike wallace that nonchalantly stabbed a replicant and let her bleed and suffer luv put one in rachel's head so that she wouldn't suffer .

I'm gonna watch it again tonight, bros. Haven't liked a movie so much in ages.

even her regular 'street clothes' looked aesthetic af.

I would wear the shit out of the coat.

CUTE BOOTS!!

Perfect for stompin'

that coat is super nice, but I just don't like that haircut

I'm gonna get it for bluray asap. I was stunned how good it was. Music, everything. I know there isn't going to be any special editions, but it would be amazing to see more city visuals etc

tfw i wanna cop a pair of waifu killers

I agree, wrong and selfish values were the cause of her misery.

why did she curb stomped that thing?

NONCE

>that tiniest, teensiest twitch at the edges of Luv's mouth after K says "He named you"
What an absolutely nervotic performance, perfectly portrayed contained emotions.

Also this is a prime example of why you shouldn't watch atrocious dvd screeners/yify encodes

Sylvia pulls it off way better than this slag though

I cannot stop watching this webm, she is absolutely entrancing.

TRUE

she looks like dana dearmond

Not that interesting. She’s just driven to please her master and ‘be the best’. She’s the brown-noser teachers pet from every class you were in growing up.

It looks so comfy.

childish insecurity , when she met him in the wallace HQ she thought she could manipulate K , get all the information she wants from him to find the replicant child for wallace . walllace led her to believe she's superior to all replicants\humans so when K blew her off (because he only likes joi) she got really pissed and insecure want wanted to assert her dominance over him .

thats why she leaves him alive the first time and kills his hologf out of spite (joi is the reason he couldn't be seduced) and the reason she kisses him and leaves him to bleed out at the end .

>She’s just driven to please her master and ‘be the best’
How is that "just"'? She's just as driven as K, to be special, but her only way of becoming special is being the best one to Wallace.

Absolutely shit taste

did you just assume your own gender

no she dosnt , check your prosopagnosia senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

That jaw is WEAK compared to Sylvias glass cutter

uridon how's the hairline?

It’s a one-dimensional and totally external definition of ‘success’.

>A robot is one dimensional and only has an external definition of 'success'

Is it starting to come together for you user?

It's a completely internal one, she is trapped in her own state, the most tragic character of the film.
Here's a good read rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049

Can we take a moment to appreciate how kinographic her shoes were in this scene?

who's this soy manlet ?, stop posting him in my waifu's thread

is that why she feels the need to state she is best? sounds like she has penis envy.

I agree that she is trapped in her own state but it is a state whose origin is external from her; it is how Wallace manufactured her. This makes her even more tragic because she is trapped by her creator without any agency of her own.

Are you gay?

*puts on strap on*
*pegs board*

As Wallace's personal replicant who was given her own name, it was programmed into her that she was superior to the other replicants. K challenges her sense of superiority, as the user you're replying to points out, so when she thinks she bested him she affirms that superiority both to humiliate K and reassure herself.

muh nigga

shame about the boob job tho

so, nipple anxiety?

jesus.. just go fucking take your mom's clothes up, but stop talking about it

Cells

Pardon?

Dreadfully distinct

why the fuck did you delete it faggot ?
its simple desire for dominance over others ,she's not envious of K , she believes herself to be better then him (and she literally is , as wallace's henchwoman she was made with the best replicant parts) so when he dismissed her and beats her its crucial for her to dominate him .
in the end this is also exactly the reason that a lesser replicant manages to kill her . she's like a tragic hero in this film in more ways then one .

you know you can aesthetically appreciate a womans looks\clothes while also finding her sexually attractive right ?
real men aren't a homo\dudebro parody.

>no high heels
DROPPED

well op what the fcuk was her problem?

>>why the fuck did you delete it faggot ?
rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049

She tears up at replicants dying (the new model Wallace gutted, and fake rachel) but she kills humans without remorse. the point of these kills is to show that the new replicants are very capable of empathy but due to the ideologies between replicants and humans she refuses to empathise with humans

she fucking stared at the body in remorse after shooting her. She new she had to do it because it was ordered of her but she still felt bad about it

>tfw Luv intentionally calls K a product to JOI before killing her.

Can this kino even be stopped?

>an android is the most compelling character to you
absolute.
kino.

She was only ordered to retrieve Deckard. Her crushing Joi was entirely her own choice.

>what shows the difference between choice and forced to follow command
hmmmmm...
you made me realize it's kino even more

You are the single most pathetic faggot on this board

How do I get a Luv gf, bros?

She calls JOI a product you autist. Shes made by Wallace corp. Shes talking to K when she says that line

They're both products, the insult cuts both ways.

But the way the camera cuts insinuates that she's talking to JOI.

may lord have mercy her nipples are top tier, is this her body or a double?

she's talking to K not joi . referencing a line from earlier when she asks him if he's satisfied with her .
at this point luv is both angry at K for dismissing her and because she thinks he helped kill the replicant child . so when she sees an opportunity to dominate and hurt him by taking away something she sees he cares about she goes for it.

Probably her, she nudes up in Knock Knock too

he didnt even tell her to do it , she just knew from knowing him he'll want her dead . just like when she cried before he stabbed the baby replicant (when he wasnt looking) because she knew what he's like .
she probably saved the new rachel from a death similar to the baby ,as wallace would probably do it to try and shock deckard or something .

It's her

Exactly

Its pretty obvious shes talking to K. Do you really need her to look at him to understand that? Telling JOI that would be like talking to a chair. Its stupid

Her soul makes me diamond hard.

> the insult cuts both ways.
no it dosnt and its not an insult . joi is a product that K bought not the other way around .

How many times have you watch Blade Runner now?

I saw it three times at the kinoplex and three times since the download became available. I'm probably going to watch it again tonight at 0.9x speed in order to more fully enjoy the composition of each shot.

The line has a double meaning, we assume she's talking to K but she's looking at joi simultaneously undermining the love they both feel for eachother

She cried when she killed K's superior.

LUV
BEST
GIRL

Yeah she was looking at Joi in disgust and couldn't look K in the eye because how stupid he was to fall for the Joi meme.

Soyboys gravitate toward aggressive domineering women, because they themselves lack the security and esteem initiate.

but K was a product of Wallace while she tried to make herself out to be something above that

it's primarily towards K, but there is an aspect of it going the other way

TEARS IN RAIN
E
A
R
S

I
N

R
A
I
N