/skg/ Stanley Kubrick General Thread

Stanley KINO Kubrick -

Bow Down to the Master - One and Only who was killed by Illuminati 666 days before the year 2001 which is also the name of his most famous movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zC0UUl1QgQ0
debezoeker.tumblr.com/post/124994464036/deep-blue-dreams-666-days-of-stanley-kubrick
youtube.com/watch?v=B62f1gQliLY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Spielberg_filmography
youtube.com/watch?v=CoZJdil0_HI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Saint_Peter
vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/the-hidden-and-not-so-hidden-messages-in-stanley-kubriks-eyes-wide-shut-pt-i/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick's_unrealized_projects#Aryan_Papers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=zC0UUl1QgQ0

God bless the movie overlord

director, writer, cameraman, light manager and a billion other things

If you fancy a trip further down the rabbit hole have a look for any significant events occurring 666 days before Kubrick's death.

May 10, 1997. I cant find anything ...

July 16th was the release date of Eyes Wide Shut, coincidentally the Apollo 11 mission was also launched on the same date on 1969.

And if you remember the kid from Shinning was wearing apollo 11 sweater

DEEP BLUE DEFEATS GARY KASPAROV IN GAME 6
The significance of this cannot be overstated. This was the first time an Artificial Intelligence was able to defeat a Human Intelligence in a professional-style chess match. It made headlines the world over. Kasparov had beaten Deep Blue the year before, & this was the rematch.

debezoeker.tumblr.com/post/124994464036/deep-blue-dreams-666-days-of-stanley-kubrick

seems like an overrated cuck with autist features

Made 13 movies over 5 decades. Eyes Wide Shut took 12 years.

Out of 13 8 are considered masterpieces and best movies of all time.

why the fuck did it take him 12 years to make EWS

Should I watch Paths of Glory today?
Or Bergman's Persona?

Naked chicks

>Stanley Kubrick's Boxes

as helpful as turbo-autism was, it was also hurtful because it took him too damn long to shoot movies. i mean, hate spielberg as much as you want but that motherfucker is as passionate today as he was 40 years ago, the true workhorse who works every day.

Spielberg can be as passionate as he wants, that doesn't change the fact the only thing he's made in the last twenty years that is worth seeing is Munich. Whereas besides Fear and Desire, which he actively tried to destroy every copy of later in life, Kubrick's entire filmography is worth watching, multiple times.

i just wish he made more movies

Paths of Glory my friend.

As do I, but when it comes down to it I'd rather rare excellence than incessant mediocrity.

Absolutely. The more you watch Kubrick movies more it grows on you...

And Spielberg himself said many times, you can not simply outdone Kubrick as he still learns something from Kubrick's movies the more he watches them.

>KINO

Stop it.

Spielberg on Kubrick :

youtube.com/watch?v=B62f1gQliLY

Why did he hate America so much, lads? He did all his best work when he moved and settled in the UK.

Because there was too many government interference in his works and studios did not give him complete freedom plus he hated the corruption and hollywood lifestyle...

>not listing The Killing among his best work

It's above your IQ. Stick to Jedi thread.

Friendly reminder he did the lighting for the submarine base in The Spy Who Loved Me.

>Out of 13 8 are considered masterpieces and best movies of all time

you mean one, and thats 2001

>questions the IQ of others
>unironically uses "kino"

Brainlet meme retard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Spielberg_filmography
just look the ones he directed, i mean he's fairly autistic himself but it didn't prevent himself but it didn't prevent him from making movies almost ever year. he's a true workhorse. sure, most of those movies are blockbusters, but they're usually good and influental blockbusters.

Lolita was terrible

I find Catch Me If You Can pretty comfy

1. 2001 A Space Odyssey (All major directors were influenced/best in sci-fi)
2. The Shinning (Considered among top 10 in Horror)
3. Barry Lyndon ( Best in drama/ Used NASA's camera/ cinematography techniques ahead of its time - influenced top tier cinematographers)
4. Clockwork Orange (Best in crime genre - major cultural and academic influences)
5.Dr. Stragelove (Best in comedy)
6. Full Metal Jacket (best in war - influenced later war films)
7.Spartacus (among the best in epic)
8. Eyes Wide Shut ( Considered the best work of Stanley Kubrick by people like Martin Scorsesse, Spielberg, David Fincher, Bertulocci - one of the most perfect cinema ever)

No one even comes close when it comes to groundbreaking cinemas

I'll be honest, that is his one film I never actually watched.
And that came out before Munich, so I'm still right. Look at the list in post. Before Munich I can't deny, he was on point.

The Killing is really, really great.

Kubrick is just one great among his other greats. If you find that too much to believe, sit for a re-watch. As stated by many other experts, Kubrick movies grow on you with more you watch. Every sub-plot, scene, score has some meaning.

I know dude, but as far as I'm aware only 2001 is a contender for the GOAT title

but spartacus is only a partial kubrick picture, he disowned it multiple times in the past. read the trivia on imdb, it's hilarious, kubrick's autism vs. kirk's pragmatism

I find Kubrick's greatest strength to be that his films are mainstream but arthouse at the same time. He never lets his films grow independent from the audience. You can recommend Kubrick to just about anyone and they'll find something there that will engage them.

My favorite is Kubrick telling that dumb hack piece of kike shit Kirk Douglas the "I Am Spartacus" scene, which Kirk came up with, was "a stupid idea" in front of the cast and crew.

youtube.com/watch?v=CoZJdil0_HI

In Eyes Wide Shut :

Kubrick played this song during the orgy scene.

This song was actually played backwards. Kubrick took a Romanian Liturgy and reversed it to make this. It's literally a piece of Orthadox Church music played backwards.

Significance is : Luciferians often playback holy worship songs of God to mock Jesus Christ. Just like turning the cross upside down etc. Since the orgy song was resembling Satanic rituals, he played it reversely.

I think you may be retarded. Kubrick didn't make the music and upside down cross is a Christian symbol

Upside down cross is a satanic symbol.

Okay, so... what does this mean then?

He didn't hate America and actually seriously considered moving back towards the end of his life. He even had his friends send him VHS copies of football games and episodes of his favorite show, The Simpsons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Saint_Peter

I think you have problem understanding what I just said. Kubrick used the music of romanian church and played it backwards which he thought apt. He had amazing talent to use perfect music at right places.

Like Mozart's requiem in EWS and The Shinning opening score. Or Waltz 2 in EWS. And upside down cross is satanic.

>The Cross of Saint Peter or Petrine Cross is an inverted Latin cross traditionally used as a Christian symbol, but in recent times also used as an anti-Christian symbol.
Says right there

Kubrick didn't do shit with the music. It's a composition from Joselyn Pook which they used for rehearsing which Kubrick liked

>In recent time
Yeah by fucking larpers

This review seems very interesting

vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/the-hidden-and-not-so-hidden-messages-in-stanley-kubriks-eyes-wide-shut-pt-i/

Koo-brick or Queue-brick?

She's listed as the film composer. Did she wrote it before EWS?

The latter

So you deny the satanic allusions by having the God's prayer play in reverse with a symbol associated with satanism?

I think Koo-brick

Yes. Its called ''Backwards Priests''. Kubrick liked it so much he asked for more weird stuff

Dunno bro, haven't partaken in ant satanic rituals

Is there an upside down cross in the movie?
Is it really so unlikely that Kubrick thought the music sounded really cool and haunting (which it is) and used it?

Where the fuck does this come from? They started writing the screenplay in 1994

This fucking scene

that triangle eye mask ..creepy af

Kubrick's unfinished works...so much promise right there

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick's_unrealized_projects#Aryan_Papers