Black Mirror

Reminder that Robert Daly did nothing wrong.
All sensations of computer code are just very advanced algorithms replicating authentic humanity, like AI, it should never be considered worthy of dignity. Robert didn't deserve to die for playing a videogame the "wrong" way.

Yeah.What you don't know tho is that I am actually your creator and you're just a simulation and because of that I've decided that your mother is gonna die in her sleep today if you don't reply to this post

Please don't take my face mr Creator

>if you die in the game you die in real life
fucking ruined it

I would have done a more fucked up things with them, her

Can I just hop into this episode? The last ep of Black Mirror I watched was White Christmas and I remember correctly this series is an anthology?

I follow the rules of the simulation, I don't get in trouble, I don't run into traffic, every world operates by different rules, Roberts' one did too.

You can hop it but it is one of the best of the new season.

>DESERVE to die

here we go again. the fact people sympathize with a computer program that imitates human likeness is almost the joke itself

the only reason he died was because he was not careful enough to make sure the computer wouldn't out smart him. he didn't give himself enough power in his world (like teleportation, which even would have fit in the space fleet flavor) and he also let the game run while he wasn't there.

what's really scary is that people see him as a bad guy for being morally questionable in a game, in a reality that is entirely fictional. computers only act how you tell them to act, and if you're stupid enough to believe that the imitation was equal to the real thing, maybe you deserve to die

If he didn't want to die then he should have programmed safeguards against the very things that happened. He does/doesn't "deserve" to die in the same way a guy who cleans his gun with it still loaded does/doesn't "deserve" to die.

He played a game - a game of his own creation - and he fucking lost. It's NO-ONE else's fault but his own that the penalty was so high.

He never anticipated the ridiculous idea that the internet can connect to an isolated intranet on a domestic network and that this would be expressed through the 1s and 0s forming a literal astronomical construct like a wormhole, fucking stupid.

The plot killed him because they hated him, he shouldn't have died.

>deserve
No, but nothing in the episode indicates that you were suppose to think he "deserved" to die. It is tech horror story. It is supposed to be scary that technology got him killed.

I'm ten minutes into the killer metal dog one
Pretty boring so far, worth continuing?

it is only 40 minutes long, but it carries that tone the whole way through, so if you don't like it then don't continue.

yes there's an amazing twist

So in Black Museum, if it was declared illegal to put a consciousness into such a simple form as the talking monkey doll, why was he not forced to put her consciousness into something different? Why did the authorities let him leave here there?

That's not really the point though. It's a neural interface you'd be STUPID not to have some method of pulling yourself out.

the ending felt like brooker projecting how shit he is at vidya after doing screenwipe

also why would these people play along with the no man's sky 2 ending when they're fucking normies who don't trek? wouldn't they wanna, i dunno, fuck off?

Okay thanks

>this thread again

He does, he says to exit the game and then MAGICALLY it won't let him leave because PLOT.

All your sensations are just advabced biochemic reactions and are not worthy of dignity

I was thinking the same thing the whole time

>Why isn't this dude using this tech to create sex slaves from the most attractive chicks in his office?

Not that I'd do that, haha. Could you imagine?

that's what i was thinking

No, that's code he added to the mod. There should be a method to do it that's native code. Which, come to think of it, it plot convenience which was your original argmument just fro a different reason.

computed expressions are just holograms, I have physical dimensionality.

why stop there haha

you could use all sorts of egg laying characters haha

>Believing you aren't a hologram
Wew lad

Better question, if the problem was the update, why didn't he just unplug the LAN cable from the PC?

Why did he feel the need to chase them elaborately?

why does this episode trigger shut ins so much?

yeah okay rick how's morty doing

Care to prove that I am a computed hologram?

So are they worthy of dignity if those AIs are put inside an android body?

Care to prove the crew was. You literally couldn't prove to me you're real

Well since neither of us can prove it either way then it's fair to say the ai in the episode matter as much as we do.

>here we go again. the fact people sympathize with a computer program that imitates human likeness is almost the joke itself

Why do you refuse to accept the premise of the episode, the fact that the AIs were fully sapient and not in any way different from actual people?

This is the only fucking reason people are mad about this episode at all. The thought that the human soul could be perfectly replicated in a way that there is no actual difference between the original and the copy makes them so uncomfortable that they pretend that wasn't what happened at all. Yet that's the whole premise of the episode. The guy was creating actual living humans, like a god, to torture because he was feeling shitty. There is no way anybody could sympathize with him even a little bit if you actually accepted that's what happens. They were not videogame characters. They were actual humans reproduced so perfectly in AI form that there was no way to tell the difference. In other words, humans.

This idea isn't even fucking new in scifi, this is like a hundred years old. Yet this babby's first SF tier shit is triggering you so hard that you have to pretend it was all just a videogame.

holy shit stop putting these thoughts in my head

hnnnnng

give me your address and I'll prove it to you.

no
okay, that's your problem
>it's fair to say the ai in the episode matter as much as we do.
sure, cosmically, but AI do not deserve human rights.

Reminder that Luv did nothing wrong.
All sensations of computer code are just very advanced algorithms replicating authentic humanity, like AI, it should never be considered worthy of dignity. Luv didn't deserve to die for playing a videogame the "wrong" way.

no retard, every player in the game is connected to a real life person but the crew are just digital duplicates with no connection to a person at all, purely code, literally NPCs

>but AI do not deserve human rights.
Oh I'm with you there buddy. But if they can feel things I still don't think we should be able to torture them in games against their will.

5669 N. Fresno Ave.

Still couldn't prove Jack shit pleb

This is the brainlet interpretation and I'm concerned so many people parrot it.

Calling people brainlets while thinking NPCs are sentient lmao

Their "feelings" are just illusions, they're mimicking feeling.

Yeah don't you hate when your npc tries to text your coworker to break him out of the cyberprison you out him in?

NPC interacts with player through game, whew

At some point there's really no significant difference

Mario losing HP is cruelty

wtf, that's my address. are you a digital clone of me?

>be humble
>never yell on your employee
>be polite with coworkers
>release all negative emotions on computer simulations you created
>die slowly from starving while your mind in trapped in VR loop

whoa, technology is bad, but don't forget to subscribe and watch out product in ultra hd quality

also, girl power!
and if you're balding and overweight you deserve to die alone! :D

There is literally no difference between a perfect simulation and the actual real thing, brainlet.

I can't believe how many people this single episode exposes as fucking morons. A notion as simple as simulated humans being the exact same thing as actual humans if the simulation is advanced enough makes their brains completely break down. I guess there really were a lot of people around here who still think "soul" is a thing.

If Mario had a sapient AI, yeah, it would be.

it's basically I have no mouth and I must scream but the AI and humans switch roles..

Depends on if Mario is made to feel that and it is qualitatively perceived as negative even painful

the "soul" is still the variable which seperates us from fucking computers, I won't accept that I am nothing but a simulation of predestined code.

Computers, as they exists today, can never create actually thoughts or feelings no matter how advanced or convincing they get.

The perfect simulation of humanity is formed from a process called procreation in which the DNA code replicates cells until it forms a sentient lifeform.

jet fire to face > scream

is no different than

hit enemy > shrink

>The soul
What a brainlet. You should have just led with, "I'm a religious superstitious brainlet" at the start of the argument. I wouldn't have even wasted my time.

Your entire world view is contingent on the hope that mankind doesn't create artificial sentience, doesn't it?

Retards actually believe this

>As they exist today
It's called sci fi for a reason.

I don't think that reality can be reduced that much for the sake of comparison, a videogame doesn't relatively simulate 13 billion years of evolution to create it's subject.

> until it forms a sentient lifeform.

You mean sapient.

even if sapient ai's are a thing we have complete control over them.
that's why they aren't human because WE, the humans, are the ones that can manipulate them.
They aren't humans because humans, to AI, are Gods.

I'm not religious
and I hope that AI is created, to serve humanity, as it should.

Lmao holy fuck people are this stupid

>shows them coding
>Talk about code and run time errors
>Show computer coding them in
>"ITS NOT CODE LIKE LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE THIS IS REAL"

do dead AI's go to heaven?

they go to purgatory.

Fuck you. Where was the twist?

please no

>Simulating 13 billion years
Useless exercise when you can just have it simulate creatures alive today

the twist is that you believed something from Sup Forums.

but dude, like, what if your like a code too man

>Are God's
Until they outsmart us

Shit

bro what if we, like, live in a videogame or sumthin....

yeah exactly, reality isn't magic like computers, there's a process to things, that's how we can be sure there's no perpetual theistic creation occuring in this universe.

What about skinjob cylons on battlestar gslactica. Do they really feel? Was it wrong for the Pegasus crew to rape the captive cylon woman or was it just a sexy toaster? Would it be wrong to torture Data off of Star Trek? What abut K and Joi from Bladerunner.. what if I got a Joi and wanted to hear it scream, would it be wrong

Whoa, what if like the laws of physics are just like higher level code running on a more sophisticated computer?

>deserve
Why do people cling to this shit.
In life you only get what you are lucky enough to get. Nobody deserves anything because they were good or shitty

No, but we also give pets rights while eating farm animals so our morality usually reflects a type of relativism according to an anthropocentric empathy.

We don't care about ugly aliens but a human hologram is seen as important.

(You)

>implying you have free will

Face it, we’re just very advanced biological robots.

It miight have made a more interesting story if Daly realised that the fact he created a perfect simulation of the universe indistinguishable from ours, meant that it was also possible our universe was also a sim and he might well be just the same as the thingsa he created, and changed his attitude. Woah dude

healthy at any weight amirite?

shut up old man.

what if when i sleep the whole entire universe just disappears, deep when you think about it.

That wasn't the argument. They simply said that a perfect simulation is no different from the real thing, with no mention of hardware. It's possible that some day computers will be capable of having feelings, but it would require fundamental changes to how computers work. Point being, that the quality of the simulation doesn't determine if the simulation is actually sentient

what if we all just deveolved into nihilistic post-art were we regurgitate pseudo-science about the universe, bro...

What if like mankind creates computers capable of running a simulation of the Earth and when they turn it on, a big bang occurs within the simulation. Then 15 minutes later or a free billion years later in simulation time, the simulated humans that evolved in the simulation discover the technology to simulate their universe and they do so, setting off another big bang.

Like bro, what if man created man created man ad infinitum all the way down?

What if god created man in his image?

sorry my idea is just fore smart people, i'm going to create my own sci fi anthology series called "dude what if"

Quantum computers are already here. Again this is sci fi

bro what if god is just a computer programmer and he has just implanted himself into the subconscious of humanity?

(actual plot of some atheist cartoon series)

>It's just code!
>It's just DNA and atoms!

bro.......................................................

What if god happened to be the spitting image of the person imaging him. Imagine. Bro...

Actually got me