So, what's actually going on around these two?

So, what's actually going on around these two?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wachowskis#Personal_life
archive.is/ypASW
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_(mythology)
youtu.be/8V8sLlqJB2w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're box office poison and have produced flop after flop

Who in their right mind would give them tens / hundreds of millions to make anything now

They havent done any movie in 3 years

Remake of Glen or Glena when?

Maybe having their penises cut up impaired their movie making abilities

not so good at making money at the box office
fanTASTIC tools of social engineering, though. the sky's the limit

the estrogen they pumped in their bodies has rotted their brains

>Raised by a "hardcore atheist" father and an "ex-Catholic turned Shamanist" mother,[76]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wachowskis#Personal_life

Never stood a chance 2bh

Can we finally admit in 2018 that the matrix was a fluke

these two guys are a great example of what happens when you accidentally stay in the matrix and become a victim of it, instead of escaping it and checking back into reality

ironic

>reads Baudrillard once

Daily reminder the Wachowski brothers were immediately MKULTRA'd for getting scarily close to redpilling the masses through the original Matrix.

This is their punishment.

yes yes yes

Reloaded and Revolutions are pretty good once you master them

Jupiter ascending was such a piece of shit, it boggles my mind that anyone would green-lit such a convoluted chaotic script, let alone financing it.

I'm expecting them to resurrect Neo anytime now, it's their last leverage with studios. Even Netflix wasn't that happy with Sense8, hence show cancelled.

Look into Larry Wachowski's relationship with the professional dominatrix IIsa Strix, for whom he left his wife and eventually wound up marrying.

Wachowski is obviously extremely submissive sexually and was drawn to Strix, famous for beating and torturing her clients and forcing them to dress in drag, once boasting that she pierced a mans penis with 300 needles. You can speculate a lot about Wachowski coming out as transgender after being in a relationship with Strix for seveal years.

Honestly I was perfectly fine with Larry becoming Lana, but then Andy became Lilly, and I thought their shit is socially contagious. Amidst my disappointment with Cloud Atlas Andy's change to Lilly did not help my opinion of them. I honestly believe they've both done so many variety of narcotics that they are no longer grounded in reality as we know it. For some that can provide a fresh source of creativity, but in their case I believe it has made them so disconnected from reality that they are no longer able to produce content that will connect with audiences except the most fringe niche fans possible.
So I've given up on them long ago, and with no producers such as Joel Silver to keep them grounded there is little hope of that ever changing.

The Matrix trilogy, V for Vendetta, The Invasion and Cloud Atlas were the only quality movies they directed/wrote in my opinion. Too bad they probably won't create any good kinos/flicks ever again. They had a visionary talent and undoubtedly one way or another influenced the conception of cinema with The Matrix (still stands to be one of my favourite movies).

I highly doubt that any studio will risk financing another The Matrix movie. Furthermore, I solely hope this to never happen, they'll shit up their only remarkable legacy and it will become something like the Disney Star Wars.

It actually wasn't. Stop trying to rewrite the history books just because these two brothers' mental illnesses got the better of them.
Speed Racer is in second place behind the Matrix trilogy, and the only other legitimately good thing they've ever done. Revolutions is really underrated.

the illusion of reality is broken for both

Bound is lesbian kino

They used to get fucked in the ass by dominatrixes wearing strap on's they have always been degenerates since entering Hollywood

I'll add that V for Vendetta was good, but I haven't seen it in years.

I used to frequently surf their Matrix website years ago, keep up with everything.
There was an odd pattern I noticed, that whenever there was a dispute with former actors, or anyone they'd claim to have filed restraining orders on whomever there was a conflict with such as Joe Pantoliano, Marcus Chong, or whomever.

It made me question why couldn't they handle their disputes like adults? Why would that have to resort to filing lawsuits? The only answer I could come up with was that there was something shady going on behind the scenes they were keeping secret.

Buzzfeed seems to be OK with their work tho

>Rather than cashing in and pursuing comic book movies or Hasbro tie-ins, however, the pair have crafted a rarefied body of work, making narratively challenging, visually daring films with budgets normally reserved for sure-thing franchise blockbusters — even after some of those films proved to be significant box office failures. The filmmakers' great good fortune has extended up to their latest film, Jupiter Ascending, opening Friday, a sci-fi space opera made for a reported $175 million from an original screenplay by the Wachowskis. The only other filmmaker working today who can command that kind of budget for a movie not based on previous material is Christopher Nolan — and he has many more recent successes to his name.

archive.is/ypASW

>why couldn't they handle their disputes like adults
Well they literally mutilated themselves to identify as womenchildren now so they were always just fucked up in the head.

>Strix (pl. striges or strixes), in the mythology of classical antiquity, was a bird of ill omen, the product of metamorphosis, that fed on human flesh and blood. It also referred to witches and related maleficent folkloric beings.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_(mythology)

What went wrong with these two?

They were probably doomed from the start tbqhwy.

Male fetishists into sissy dom/sub shit.

Underrated

My girlfriend lived in the same apartment complex as Lana and made good friends with her back when Cloud Atlas was filmed. Apparently she's a super likeable and a smart person. What else is that Matrix sequels had a lot of studio execs influence in it and Wachowskis needed to put in a lot of gratuitous fight scenes because execs demanded it. They tried doing their best apparently, but scripts were botched because of that.

Cloud Atlas was fan-fucking-tastic too.

>she

pic related is the real story

tl;dr - they are both fucked up degenerates and becoming trannies was just the next step in living out their fetishes

Lana looks not only passable but also really good for a fifty-something tranny to be honest.

Is that Lil Pump's mom?

Made one of the best movies of all time and now they have a pretty successful Netflix show

But seriously, thank god Speed Racer is starting to find its audience. It is the underrated gem of underrated gems.

Best trailer too
youtu.be/8V8sLlqJB2w

Speed Racer was a lot of fun.

Easily the best live action adaption of an anime alongside Ghost in the Shell.

Here's hoping Alita: Battle Angel can form a trifecta with those two films.

Speed Racer was live action adaptation done right. They embraced the source material and used it as an opportunity to do amazing things with their cinematography. The editing, effects, and action are all mindblowingly over-the-top, but the best part of the movie is that the substance is just as good as the style. Strip away the candy colored effects and you still have a solid movie.

Matrix trilogy, Cloud Atlas, Speed Racer, and Sense8 are all great. I hope they are able to convince someone to finance an original IP as strong as Matrix/Sense8 and allow them to finish it but I'm not sure if they will. They aim pretty ridiculously high for the return they generate.

lol

I think becoming trannies released to much weirdness they can't put in their films right now.

>what's actually going on around these two?
have you seen the matrix?

no, what's ironic is that Sup Forumstards use the term redpill and bluepill from matrix even though matrix is literally
>diverse group of rebels fight against the tyranny of evil white males

Like, it's right there. Right in front of you. And they still unironically use these terms as if matrix is some kind of Sup Forums approved movie.

The zion rave scene. The degeneracy, the non-whiteness of it. People recognize the nazi/empire analogy in the Star Wars but somehow they cannot recognize the same shit in The Matrix And people are still surprised that now the wachowskis are called "the wachowski sisters".

anime

The concept of "taking the red pill" has no inherent ties to diversity or white people being evil.

>as if matrix is some kind of Sup Forums approved movie
No one says that.

Anyone else love that the highest box office number for female directors is still won by a man?

Mental illness