>this was 12 years ago...

Has creature design and cgi peaked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vp1rS_UAvjs
youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8HAy9WAYs
youtu.be/Vp1rS_UAvjs
youtu.be/zOzeuHWQ5YQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's coming back for the 6th movie, I can only imagine how good he'll look in that.
I don't think anything's surpassed Davy Jones in terms of CGI ever since he first appeared.

What PS3 game is that?

>12 years old

youtube.com/watch?v=Vp1rS_UAvjs

what did he say again?

The original Pirates trilogy came at the peak balance of blockbusters reaching new heights at the box office, but Hollywood still thinking they needed to put in effort with the latest and greatest in production values to get there. It's not that they CAN'T nowadays, it's that they won't (or execs won't let them), because the extra tens of million dollars in production budget simply isn't worth it when people will pay to see YouTube short film quality shit anyway. Can't put that genie back in the bottle, it'll take years if not decades of consumer pressure to guide Hollywood back to trying. Davy Jones is quite literally the best of all time in terms of technical prowess and probably won't be topped anytime soon. Even Pirates 6 Davy Jones will be a step down.

DO YA FEAH DETH

It's DETH-A. He's Italian.

ZACHSH FERROW

he's so fucking good that people still think that he was practical and cgi

>that teleport
aw fuck i have to watch this shit again

How was Dead Man's Chest so good but At World's End so trash? They were literally made back to back.

The only CGI which doesn't look 100% perfect in this film is just after the Dutchman surfaces and the water cascades off the deck

Dead Man's Chest is obviously the best film in the franchise, but I think World's End is great too, what don't you like about it?

Looking at OPs picture I was literally just wondering if some of it was practical

Bravo CGI magic people, unironically

CGI has regressed since then. It's more profitable to pay a team of stinky pajeets to half-ass the job then it is to pay a team of highly skilled white males to do it.

>Peak CGI
>Peak Adventurekino
>Peak Hans Zimmer

youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8HAy9WAYs

"Industrial Light and Magic" no longer sounded like a boast when this came out.

YYAAAAAAGGGGGG

>pirate council
>magic pirate talismans and pirate lords
>fucking Jack of all people happens to be one

not that user but Dead Man's Chest -> World's End felt like an early version of TFA -> TLJ. Here's what I mean by that:

>Lots of cool setups being resolved with unsatisfying nonsense (the kraken getting killed, the witch lady being the sea goddess)
>pointless side-arc that rolled back the last movie's momentum (that asian pirate fetch quest)
>reshuffling of the main villians just for the sake of surprise (davey being turned into the trading company guy's bitch when he worked much better as the main antagonist)

Dead Man's Chest was great, but I always prefered the first one due to it being more isolated. Chest sort of feels like half a movie, so it's like you have to finish what you've started and watch The World's End as well.

>>pirate council
Awesome, I loved the city, and their bickering, and seeing that piracy happens outside of the Carribean.

>>magic pirate talismans and pirate lords
Magic is clearly real, we've already seen cursed coins and resurrection, I didn't have a problem with the pirates at some point having a wizard on their side.

>>fucking Jack of all people happens to be one
Yeah, that was contrived. Really it should have been Barbossa or Sparrow on behalf of the Black Pearl, not both.

we did not know how good we had it

youtu.be/Vp1rS_UAvjs

2017 equivalent: youtu.be/zOzeuHWQ5YQ

I haven't watched this one but Salazar seems based, is it worth watching?

It's very bad, featuring some of the worst acting Depp has done.

Bardem hamming it up is the only small ray of hope.