Jodie Foster says Sup Forums is killing the earth

Sup Forums eternally and epically BTFO by lesbian Jodie Foster. get fucked roasties

>“Going to the movies has become like a theme park,” Foster said in an interview with Radio Times, according to Deadline. “Studios making bad content in order to appeal to the masses and shareholders is like fracking—you get the best return right now but you wreck the earth.”

>Focusing specifically on the superhero genre, Foster added, “It’s ruining the viewing habits of the American population and then ultimately the rest of the world. I don’t want to make $200 million movies about superheroes.” Mother! might be more her cup of tea.

>She’s not wrong. Looking at the box office, last year Wonder Woman became the fifth highest-grossing superhero movie—wedged between The Dark Knight and Avengers franchise. So many profitable films were released in the genre that Forbes deemed 2017 “the greatest year for superhero movies of all time.”

>More generally, badly-made big budget films have taken clear precedence to studios. If it isn’t computer-generated 4DX asteroids flying in your face, it’s a strong person in a cape! Foster would rather make movies with deeper substance. “I feel like I make movies because there are things I have to say in order to figure out who I am or my place in the world, or for me to evolve as a person,” she said.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbeGI_NzQY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She is not wrong.

Not that Sup Forums is a hivemind but I thought that was the consensus.

"Waaah, people should be watching MY movies!"

Fracking isn't actually dangerous to the environment.

Yes she fucking is and you have 0 proof to back up either claims

Fracking is where the real money is.

when did this cunt get so mouthy
are they giving her extra cocaine with her breakfast now

>is like fracking—you get the best return right now but you wreck the earth.”
There is no scientific proof that fracking drastically harms the environment

Who gives a flying shit what this old dyke says?
You idiots will agree to anything and call it fact

yes it is. it splits the earth apart

People like the movies that she doesn’t make
That’s all she is saying

>muh Star Wars is good
>the last jedi epic win
>if u dont lik Star Wars it's because u too dum

I swear to christ, movies that she wants to see i could give a rats ass about, you fucks will agree with the 3rd woman to post
>"she's not wrong though"
Have some fucking balls you idiots

I fucking hate star wars, never cared for it
Try again retard

Mainstream blockbuster filmmaking since the 80s has been complete cancer that's profligating shitty commercially-approved divisive messages instead of humanism, populism or introspective analysis. We get dumb platitudes on top of uncinematic trash and it literally lowers the IQ of viewers.

She is right but why doesnt she make her own movie, shes a millionarie and can easily afford it.

We need more films like
>the brave one
>carnage
>beatriz at dinner
>the beaver
>mother
>oceans 13
>mollys game

Ha you dumb fucks are going to miss capeshit when these estrogen all female lead films start to churn out more than capeshit ever did.
I fucking fear the future of films seeing people think jodie foster is some paradigm of great movies.
Pleaaaaseeee god no

nice try Marvel shill

This is really what it all boils down to.

Are you that retarded, this was the best response you could create to defend ms.fosters assertions that capeshit big budget films ruin hollywood?.

If anything capeshit, starshit, makes going to the cinema an easier experience, knowing which bullshit to avoid.

use the word banana in your next reply if you are being held at gunpoint and need help

This, also feminism which all the womyn will start latching on to this comment and
Say
>she's so brave for speaking on behalf of women
Gimme a fucking break she wants money and fame. I do not buy anything short of that for a fucking second. All of them are pretentious and narcissistic as it comes.
Jodie foster is no saint among heathens

I thought she was going to talk about how international environmental damage blockbusters and capeshit have been doing to our and other countries.

>DEEBEE BWONE DUH FUG OUD!!

>Studios making bad content
Who's to say what is bad? If it makes money isn't it good? It's what people want to see you. People have the right to spend their money on whatever they want. Just because it's not some faggy movie like The Brave One doesn't mean anything.

Anyways, Hollywood has been making crap movies for decades. I'd really like to see what she considers "good", because if one of her films is in that list and I have bad news for her. Everything she's been in within recent years has been utterly forgettable.

>continuing to reply to some mong over shit bait
go back, retard

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

mfw parts of florida are sinking because of nearby fracking

Then again Florida is filled with the scum of Earth, so you are still right.

>part of the jewish propaganda machine
>condemns fracking
>working for the same people who demonize nuclear energy, the cleanest energy source currently available to man
>the same people who take money to fight "global warming" while sucking away funds from fusion reactor research

these fucking cunts don't give a flying fuck about the environment, they just want to make sure that the fucking israeli oil keeps being the only financially viable source of energy as long as possible

im so fucking triggered by this REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Go fuck yourself you have no authority in this stinking shithole

I can agree. She doesnt get casted for the big budget action movies nor does she get that attention/money for her films, so she start hating on it.
Dont know how active she still is, but now she is just the actress from Contact and Silence of the Lambs

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE HAS AN OPINION ON THE INTERNET

>beatriz at dinner

How dare you, sir. Beatriz at Dinner was great.

People are against nuclear energy?

I doubt there is even shale in Florida worth fracking.

But Sup Forums agrees with her

yeah, why do you think literally every media source keeps shittalking nuclear energy, and why reactor technology hasn't advanced an inch since the 60s?

the greedy fucking jews are actively trying to kill it worldwide so that the Israel-Turkey pipeline keeps making them enough money and political gravitas to fully control countries like the US

The same thing that happened to music will happen to Movies. The only albums people buy are Taylor Swift ones

/ourgirl/

youtube.com/watch?v=sbeGI_NzQY8

Actual engineer here, not far off at all

clam your tits, Trump won, he supports fracking wholeheartedly

Jesus Christ

getting this butthurt

>Hollywood dipshit has Hollywood dipshit opinions

IMAGINE MY SHOCK

Fracking isn't a good thing, we shouldn't be dependent on oil whatsoever
We could've long since solved the problem of energy forever and in perfectly clean, environmentally friendly ways.

What gets me is the same people who muddy retards' eyes with their 'pro-earth' message are the people holding this technology back, since they actually want oil to be the only viable source of energy - they just want it to be only the oil they're selling.

god you sound old bitter and a Disney shill

Would u also be shocked to know if
You repeat an opinion enough people believe it to be FACT.
No smart user like you probably knows that already.

Mother! was hyperstylistic trash tbf

Hollywood should be burnt down

>TWO Jodie threads
Once again, I give my approval.

Partly because companies refuse to release what their pouring into the environment due to proprietary concerns, but if you don’t look at all the circumstantial evidence, and accept that generally big energy companies play fast and loose with safety and environmental concerns, you’re just a moron.

Didn't read lol
You gonna post nudes of young Jodie or what?

no. someone post the drug episode. you know the one

>nuclear energy, the cleanest energy source currently available to man
Except for all that radioactive waste and ridiculous amount of water necessary for cooling, not to mention the myriad of potential risks such as unpredictable natural disasters that cause horrible disasters rendering entire swaths of land untenable for the foreseeable future.

Other than that it's perfectly viable.

This a blue board, mister.

>yes goy suck the trump dick harder

that's why you shouldn't use nuclear energy in areas susceptible to these disasters, like fucking Fukushima. Radioactive waste is only a problem of keeping the garbage deep enough underground for 50 years, after which it will be perfectly safe to the environment.

Water is also much easier to come by than a finite resource such as oil.

None of the things you noted here are particularly damning for nuclear energy, there's retardedly simple solutions for them. It's just that we stopped looking for them, because of useful idiots like yourself.

Water is just about the most plentiful thing in the world, you just have to put the nuclear plant next to it.

Disaster safety is a very controllable thing especially the more you learn from previous errors. NO ONE can override safety measures anymore like they could in Chernobyl. No one died as a direct result of Fukushima's leak despite widespred destruction. Fukushima's exclusion zone is very small and soon largely inhabitable again.

And I'd rather produce 0.1 grams of radioactive waste per kWh of electricity generated, than blow upwards of 300 grams of CO2 out of a coal plant for the same electricity. Research is being made to enrich and recycle or deplete and dispose radioactive waste more efficiently.

Do you understand how much heat a nuclear plant needs to dissipate? Do you understand that radioactive particles go with the water used for cooling? Either of those factors alone will dramatically affect the environment wherever we dump the water.

>only a problem of keeping the garbage deep enough underground for 50 years
>after which it will be perfectly safe to the environment.
You don't seem to know how half-lives work. Also, you don't seem to realize how much waste is created or that burying it is an incredibly short-sighted "solution".

now kiss

>extremely high water consumption
>contamination of ground water and surface water
>underground gas release
>shifting soil layers can generate landslides and minor earthquakes

it's short sighted because radioactive waste is not a long-term issue, you fucking dunce
and half-lives are a term introduced in middle school, so throwing it around for no reason (as I already stated that the radiation given away by depleted waste has little to no environmental impact after a half century).

>radioactive particles go with the water used for cooling

no they don't, you fucking retard, do you imagine they pour the fucking stream directly over the uranium?
The only actual environmental worry is that radiation given away from the underground containment units could seep into the underground water reserves over time - something that would be simple to solve with more research money put into nuclear energy.

And, if we were to assume your uneducated worries are 100% correct:
Leo Macgarry said on the West Wing - everything that works has, at some time in the past, not worked. If we don't push for research, we will be sucking Israel's dick until we all die from hunger and overpopulation.

James Gunn has responded on his Twitter in case anyone cares

>“I think Foster looks at film in an old-fashioned way where spectacle film can’t be thought-provoking. It’s often true but not always. Her belief system is pretty common and isn’t totally without basis. I say not without basis because most studio franchise films are somewhat soulless – and that is a real danger to the future of movies. But there are also quite a few exceptions.

>For cinema to survive I believe spectacle films NEED to have a vision and heart they traditionally haven’t. And some of us are doing our best to move in that direction. Creating spectacle films that are innovative, humane, and thoughtful is what excites me about this job.

>But, to be fair, at least from Foster’s quotes, she seems to see filmmaking as something that’s primarily about her own personal growth. For me, that may be part of why I do this, but spending many millions of dollars on a film has to be about more than that – it’s communication – so my experience is merely one spoke on that wheel. But I respect Foster and her talent and what she’s done for films and I appreciate her different way of looking at Hollywood’s landscape.”

>For me, movies are not about escaping reality - they’re about reminding us that reality is bigger and more magical than what we walk around thinking. They take us outside of ourselves, which is as real as our interior lives, and, sometimes, remind us of the importance of love.

>half-lives are a term introduced in middle school

Wow I bet everything you've "learned" about nuclear energy came from Hollywood or video games.

You wanna say something constructive instead of desperate damage control after being made fun of?

I'd actually say the same thing about you since you appear unable to differentiate your argumentation and just spout '60s tier anti-nuclear propaganda about waste and unsafe reactors when the technology really wasn't sufficiently researched or controlled yet.

You didn't actually argue any of my last points, so nope.

I'm embarrassed he has to waste time responding to an actress's egotistical ramblings about the Hollywood scene.

one thing i notice is the one person who i think deserves to be exempt doesn't realize they are the exception to the rule. James Gunn is a moron. But Guardians was good. He's an exeption and did not need to comment. Marvel just made Gunn say that as Gunn tries to defend his friends who are making the shitty movies. fuck james gun for that. hack bitch nu male fuck. he even fucked up nebula

Doesn't Sup Forums basically agree with this? Big budget trash muddies up the whole industry and is marketed to hell, making lay-people more likely to spend their money on it like superhero stuff or emoji movie. Anyways, who gives a shit, if you don't see stuff which is obviously garbage and I don't see why this affects you.

>i make bad movies so i blame others

there has always been big budget movies

How fucking pretentious is this broad to make a comparison between dumb flicky pictures and fucking fracking?
I hate these play pretend imagination time for million of dollars and bitch about retarded shit like my mentally deficient opinion matters to anybody besides other brainlets type of people
Fucking ree i guess

The Earth is a bitch and deserves to be raped!

Um fuck you guy, gunn worked his whole lifw busting his ass to get where he did. He can say whatever the fuck he wants and be fine in my book. Guy made it from the depths of tromaville to hollywood's triple aaa capeshit. He isnt the fucking director of warner brothers or marvel he still has aboss and has to work and do PR you dumbass

>Mother! might be more her cup of tea.
Mother was pretty bad though. Really surface level shit.

After 30 years of capeshit anything different looks like a masterpiece.

Found you again.

>If it makes money isn't it good?

You cannot be serious. Is the best music is the music that makes the most money?

I wonder what's it like to be this stupid and shallow. What a world you live in.

and that's why i said he shouldn't comment. he made a good movie. but his exception doesn't change the fact he is covering for the marvel and disney shitshows that have occured. The Thor Ragnaroks, the Star Wars, Justice League, Jurassic World, Beauty and the Beast and all these souless MCU movies that braindead 12 year olds like you suck up on like it was a penis.

We already know that the midtier movie is dead. You have big budget and you have indie. There's no in between anymore. You killed the middle class of movies because you're a souless vampire prone to suck the life out of people

kill yourself and do it in Japan's suicide forrest so Logan Paul can film you and make a vlog about your pathetic body

There is nothing wrong with fracking. Anti-fracking “science” is literal Russian propaganda btw, dumb liberals.

Welcome to capitalism, where culture goes to die.

Avatar made money. people a few years later realize it's a gimmick, not a actual good movie.

ohhhh no reply to that do ya? punk ass asian boy

O B S E S S E D

>extremely high water consumption
>contamination of ground water and surface water
>underground gas release
>shifting soil layers can generate landslides and minor earthquakes
Literally none of this is scientifically true. Burning Springs always has flammable water... that’s why it’s called Burning Springs.

she is trying to use a easy to understand simile cause brain dead brutes like you could never understand comparing things for effect. Jesus christ this whole thread is talking about fracking when it's just an example to show how movies are sucking the soul out of america

This guy seems really butthurt about directing family friendly CGI animal Disney capequip shitfests. You should embrace it, James. You're one of the best at that, after Nolan and Raimi and that kind of "artists"

Well it's not like there aren't any other different kinds of movies other than superhero movies, even though superhero movies dominate the commercial market. Now the thing is that audiences love superhero movies, and that's the trend whether you like it or not. It isn't like the market is forced to watch these movies, it's not like disney is using mind control on its audiences, people buy and enjoy these movies. If you don't like it then tough titty.

However I'd argue that this trend will and already is creating a greater demand for more introspective/deep movies. And 2bh at this point in the videogame netflix era-- any type of buzz for movies and moviemaking is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.

>“I feel like I make movies because there are things I have to say in order to figure out who I am or my place in the world, or for me to evolve as a person,” she said.
So literally Man of Steel?

>myriad of
just couldn't make it past the pseud filter

Yeah, flames shooting out of the water tap is god‘s way of telling you you‘re awesome.

Someone will insist that it's not a change for the worse because half of Murrika's tap water isn't drinkable to begin with.

This is nicely worded and it's true

>american education

If this is the kind of bullshitting we have to put up with to get rid of Superhero movies then so be it

>words scare me
whew lad

Remember that time Titanic caused a level 4 earthquake? Clearly a bigger issue than Fraking

>mansplaining