Long ago in a distant land

Long ago in a distant land...

I, GENDY, MASTER OF DISAPPOINTMENT, UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE ENDING.

BUT A FOOLISH Sup ForumsNTRARIAN user STEPPED FORTH TO COMPLAIN

post yfw this scene

There are many criticisms to have about the episode

But not that scene.

I wasn't expected this coming.

My ability to hate the episode disappeared right then and there.

I also like that its canon that the original intro was a film shot by Aku.

I can criticize it because it deeply cemented that Baldwin isn't even close to matching Mako as Aku, the show outright doing something like this makes it hard to ignore

>Aku has a youtube channel

>Aku is a twitch streamer in his spare time

Only redeeming part of the finale

>only follower is Scaramouche
>was also his only backer on his Kickstarter campaign to kill a foolish samurai

>everyone has a tv
>even everyone who lives in a village owns a big flat-screen

In the Naruto universe all the kids have PS4s and people are driving cars now. Its actually cool to see your childhood adapt like you have

it just made me miss mako more and realize how inferior baldwin was.

The only other scene in history that comes close to the feelings and theme of that scene is in a fucking Digimon movie of all things

You understand this is a long way into the future right?
Why the fuck is this surprising?

My biggest gripe is there was no Mako tribute. Not even a "Thanks for the memories" message, seeing how the season theme was to cherish your memories

Naruto or Boruto? last modern tech i saw was a VCR and a movie theater

There was a theater in the first Naruto movie yeah but I meant to say Boruto I guess. In the very last issue of the Naruto manga they show a town near Konoha is a complete city with automobiles, roads, and buildings like Japan. Its basically modern day now. Boruto his son even uses tech to enhance his powers

Funfact

in places with extreme poverty people have in their stick huts plasma big screen tvs and smartphones but no food and water

i know, but then there's that ancient tribal appearance they have, with their straw houses and makeshift weaponry...also none of the characters flaunt technology around or even carry a smartphone.

best part

Steal enough of something and you eventually end up keeping some for yourself.

I find it weird they didn't do any homage/tribute to Mako.

I don't know if this counts as one. I was expecting something in the line of "In The Memory of Mako" in Avatar. Weird.

It was kind of amusing how everyone apparently led 100% normal lives for the last 50 years despite Aku's supposed reign of terror

He died 11 years ago, if he died recently it would make sense for a "in memory of Aku"
Them playing the original intro was enough of an homage

Baldwin wasn't bad. He does angry Aku very well. The therapist scene was fucking awful and I couldn't ignore how off his voice was. But these last few episodes I think he really nailed it.

It makes sense in Boruto, naruto tech kinda follows our tech boom in the 90s

I laughed like an idiot when this came out.

Is it really such a stretch to assume Aku would provide everyone in his world with a means to watch his transmission whenever he wanted to demoralize them?

it was great

I'm glad they didn't spoil it in the promos.

They put his name in the credits
>Past Aku MAKO

tryhard pandering nostalgia garbage with recycled animation

Yep, I'm sure executives love him for saving budget by basically not animating for some forty seconds.

I wonder if they had him prerecord the "back already?" line and were just sitting on the audio for years.

Really fun part, but Greg going NOT at the end really accentuated how different he and Mako's voices are.

I don't really agree with people that Greg reached dead-on status.

Wait what, THAT was Mako? No way, I was sure that was Baldwin

That's... really not helping your case here. Forty seconds of animation (and it's not just animation) is quite a chunk of change.

It was Baldwin since you can hear the raspy voice in the line.

I had a feeling it would be used for the finale.

They changed the sword sounds here.

>We will never get the first 4 season in 1080p 16:9