You're a supervillain and have your own legion of henchmen. How would you treat them...

You're a supervillain and have your own legion of henchmen. How would you treat them? Like disposable pawns or respectable soldiers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oruC0LSuYgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i like the trope were the bad guy is so good to his own men that they would follow him to hell, it almost redeems them on the spot

Respect costs LITERALLY nothing and makes them much harder to turn against you, more likely to help/save you and make them preform better overall.
Fear has never, ever been a good motivator unless you hire shit henchmen who you expect to betray you.

I'd go Hank Scorpio style.

be loyal to them and they will be loyal to you

be a cunt and they will stab you in the back if given the chance

Monarch treats his henchmen like total shit and has never been betrayed by them. And doesn't 21 admire and respect Monarch so much BECAUSE he's scary? I mean, now 21 and Monarch are best pals because they're all they have left, but before, Monarch would not have blinked twice at his death and 21 still liked working for him.

Pretty good. 40 hours/week, atleast 2x minimum wage, paid vacations, covered healthcare which also covers family members, 20% off for all of the Kebab shacks I use to wash my money, a workers parliament and offices with proper ventilation and natural light (something rarely seen in this buisness)

21 and 24 are comic book fanboys who specifically chose to serve a caricature because it closely matches their idea of the perfect villain. They're both garbage henchmen, and so was the entirely rest of the cocoon. All of which immediately bailed on the Monarch at the first chance, if you don't remember.

A henchman is only as good as his leadership, and the Monarch is not in ANY WAY a good or inspiring leader to be emulated.

>if you don't remember.
I actually kind of don't. I remember the first time 21 and 24 left, it was because Monarch got arrested in season 1. And then I remember Monarch specifically leaving everyone in his cocoon to die during that air fight with Phantom Limb in the grand canyon, where even a henchmen was trying to claw his way into the escape pod and Monarch kicked him out.

After that, I get a little fuzzy in remembering what else he did up until Hatred accidentally blew up the entire cocoon and 21 was the only one left.

That's because he recruits from the dregs of society, people who are literally suicidal.
And while the Monarch may treat his men as shit, this is on a personal level, as an employer he treats them very well.
They get good paychecks, healthcare and dental. And to my understanding the food sevred in the Cacoons mess hall is pretty damn decent and entirely free.
Working for the Monarch is actually a pretty decent gig.

Killinger style. Listen to them, treat them with respect, pay them well, and have them ruthlessly murdered if they cross me.

You guys get paid?

>Uh, I've been turned into a cow. Can I go home?
>You're excused. Anyone else?
>No, no, we're good.

It works both ways. Be nice to your henchmen and they will give you extra effort.

>Working for the Monarch is actually a pretty decent gig.
Until you're ripped apart by Brock Samson, of course.

And if you don't treat them well, even the nicest guy will internally debate with himself if he should kill you with a chandelier.

>be loyal to them and they will be loyal to you
Completely naive. Some people do not operate on the rules of fairness or respect, and will seek to undermine you and agitate your staff simply for personal pleasure. They are a cancer in your organization that require immediate removal.

Can I introduce you to my friend, Judas?

>this thread has already included mean badass Warburton and now includes nice sweetheart Warburton

I personally oversee the hiring process and get only people I feel are competent, a good fit and who I get along with.
I also only take family men, because that is a strong motivator to stay loyal, knowing what I can do to them otherwise.

Good pay, great benefits package, dental, planned family healthcare. Good weaponry and armor. Henchmen is one of those areas of an operation where you don't skimp out unless you want to fuck yourself in the end.

Holy shit, I completely forgot he did both.

How the fuck is that possible, he never changes his voice.

Depends on the power, but I would try to present myself as a kind of messiah/saviour. So I can treat them as disposable pawns and respectable soldiers in the same time. My main goal would be that my disciples do love me enough that they would die for me and endure every torture while praising my name.

I think having healing or telepathic powers would work best for what I have in my mind. I would be cult leader while stil have a legitimated church-front. I would recruit my minions through this manner. Healing drug addicts, desperate people and condition them to love me.

I kid you not, the Monarch Henchmen consider it an honer to be brutally killed by Brock.

But yes, being a soldier will eventually put you into harms way. These are the trade offs you make when you join a super villain. Besides that, the Monarch has a passible, not great but passible, life insurance policy.

This is the most effective way to have their henchmen

>An army can conquer empires but only faith alone can overrun the world in its entirety.

Obligatory:

youtube.com/watch?v=oruC0LSuYgM

Voice ACTING
People get caught up in Different/funny voices but some of the best voice actors are known for very specific voices to the point they get typecast for it even if the character is totally different.
H Jon Benjamin is great because he has good timing and inflection in his voice.
Coach McGuirk is a totally different character from Archer or Bob and you can hear that despite them sounding near indistinguishable.
There might be an issue if you betray the doctrine or they start developing fanaticism beyond your control.

Dana Snyder, even though his only voice is a little funny in and of itself.

Alchemist and Master Shake sound complete different despite have exactly the same, highly unique voice.

Treat them like valued employees. If you have a volcano lair on an isolated island? Throw luaus every once and a while! Treating them like disposable pawns if they aren't robots is how you get traitors and spies.

I would even bother with human henchman, I'd try to get away with a robot army and a handful of human lieutenants to help organize them

though more than likely this would piss off the Henchman Union which likely exists in this universe

Clearly any human employees are maintenance or other support staff. I mean, with all you're saving on wages, you could afford the best for your meatbags in terms of benefits, equipment, and bonuses for excellent performance.

You ever played Darkest Dungeon? Like that.

I'd treat them alright. I might be a bad guy, but Im not a "bad guy".

you treat the pawns like pawns and the ones who have earned respect like respectable soldiers

An all powerful Religious Messaih like figure with Hordes of Men willing to die in his name? That sounds familiar...

Why would I be a super villain? Why can't I be a hero with henchmen?

Eh, actually I thought about this guy.

Like a giant harem

I don't understand. Are you saying there's a difference between those two terms?

Yes. It does.

Because there's already Batman.

Matter of perspective.
>in their eyes
Father figure who cares deeply about them and is always ready to lend an ear.
>in reality
Manipulative bastard cult leader.

I don't think I want to be a villain.
Am I a bad person?

They aren't subordinates, they're my team.
We do it as professionals, we do it for fun, and we do it to get filthy stinkin' rich.

You are too good for your own good.

Remember fellas, Friday is the company picnic day where we'll also be doing some bonding exercises.

The best villains never wanted to be villains, either, and don't think they are. They all have their reasons for doing what they do and feel like they've driven/forced to those circumstances.

Only a handful of villains like the Joker can get away with not having any real motivation and have staying power. A good villain has to have humanity and motivation like a good hero or they're weak characters who don't last.

Respect them as rank and file soldiers. I am the head of the family, and should be seen and respected as such. I wont coddle them, but they wont be seen or used as disposable trash.

However, those that turn traitor, are to be locked away and tortured for their betrayal. They will be kept for years, always near the brink of death but never allowed to die. Only until I say when will they finally die.

I thought Warburton was a really weird casting choice for Lemony Snicket and then he nailed the role in a way I never knew I needed.

look if you're going to be supervillain, then what's the fun in not being a full on supervillain

gods sake I bet you fellers wouldn't even work on your evil laughs

Spend absurd amounts of money developing concealed fans so that your evil cloak billows in the wind, and all of your henchmen carry tiny flashlights for dramatic lighting.

When are you going to ditch those old-fashioned henchmen and upgrade to a robot army?
>can operate under extreme conditions
>if one breaks, you just make another
>no pesky morals or ethics to get in the way
>follow any order without question or hesitation
>don't have to pay them
It really is a no-brainer.

11 dollars per hr min, upgradable of course
Over 40 hr get overtime
Retirement plan
Workers comp
General insurances

Run it like a standard business but expect with a lotta loyalty for a higher gun.

Do everything this man does and you'll be fine.

Or do everything Scorpio does.

I feel like 11 an hr is shit for high risk work, I mean alot of Paramedics make $15 an hr, maybe something closer to that

That's high risk because you have to move, move, move or the person you pick up could die, right?

Like Starscream?

I'd treat them exceedingly well, but the food would be laced with potent anti depressants. Enjoy withdrawal should you desert.

This is the best way.

Admiral Thrawn style. Strict meritocracy, success gets you promotions into positions you've shown aptitude for, failure gets you demotions and reassignment. This is a policy free of favoritism, each gets an equal chance.

Remember how that turned out?

Armed security guards with no high school diploma make more then $12 minimum.

You gotta step it up nigga. I'm an unarmed guard and I make $22 an hour to sit in a IT company's lobby all day.

Learn their names, know them as individuals, treat them well, celebrate and reward their successes, mourn their deaths, earn their respect and loyalty (and also make it so much harder for your enemies to try to infiltrate your armies just by wearing the uniform).

Yet have zero tolerance for disrespect and disloyalty. If you handle the "treating your men well" part, they should also have zero tolerance for it.

Punishing failure should depend on the circumstances; if your troops lost because the enemy were just better, or had some advantage, there's nothing to gain from punishing them. A defeat because of actual incompetence or disloyalty, does require punishment. Root out and remove any traitors and usurpers, no matter what other uses they may have.

I would be like Venom Snake. I'd treat them great and inspire them. When I'm gone, they will all strive to copy me and continue my will.

The lower ranks should be treated as pawns.
That way they all strive to be great to make it into the ranks of the respected soldiers.

>as an employer he treats them very well.
They get good paychecks, healthcare and dental. And to my understanding the food sevred in the Cacoons mess hall is pretty damn decent and entirely free.
Working for the Monarch is actually a pretty decent gig.
They devoted an entire episode to showcasing how terrible Monarch Henchman had it in season 4.

Not canon anymore

Fuck, man. I don't have a job right now. I'm just trying to get by school. I guess I'd have to treat them the best I could since they aren't getting payed for shit. So it looks like they're just going to beat up those homeless people who beg for money on the highway to make end's meet. I know that's illegal, but it's the best use I can think for like 40 dudes who are all living in my parent's attic

This system doesn't work because it builds the base of your pyramid out of the least capable workers you've got.

Sounds like a dream, how'd you get hooked up with that? I have two college degrees, albeit useless ones.