Ashi disappears because she never existed

>Ashi disappears because she never existed
>Yet jack is still in the past even though ashi never existed to take him to the past
>Mfw humans still cant into time travel and paradox

>mfw time travel doesn't exist and will never exist so authors can make up whatever rules they want and you can't do anything about it
same shit with the gods. why did they choose to help jack throughout his journey, with the minions of set, the ultra bots, etc.
they're complete fiction. it happened like that just because. no reason given, no reason needed. take it or leave it

I reckon Aku's evil is sort of like this cosmic, transcended being that exists in all timelines simultaneously, due to him being the embodiment of all evil. If he dies in one universe, he dies in all universes.

Even so, with that theory at hand, the show still treated it like it was some rule caused by time travel, so fuck it, It's a plothole.

>mfw humans cant still time travel

Because all gods are like that?
Like, let's let someone else do it for us.

Here's your answer -

>missing the point
all gods are like that because humans think all gods are like that. they are fictitious human constructs, genius. same shit as time travel, it's a fictitious human construct, so we tell ourselves that - hypothetically - jack can't exist in the past because ashi helped in him in the future and ashi disappeared when aku was defeated
come on, this is not hard to grasp

Jack kills Aku, which means that Aku's future no longer exists, which means Jack can't return to the past because Aku, Ashi, and the future Jack came from no longer exist.

Time travel is fucking convoluted

EVERYTHING INVOLVING TIME TRAVEL IS A PARADOX

I can't honestly say I'm super satisfied, I kind of feel like this season sort of started to unravel in the second half.

Oh well.

There's no paradox. You're thinking of time from your perspective, not from the perspective of the universe.

Jack is exactly where he should be. He kills Aku in his own time. He "couldn't have gotten back to his own time"? Then he never left it. The time portal went straight from his time back to his own time.

Time is just a set of conditions which must all """"simultaneously"""" be true. There is no need for it to make sense linearly to the viewer, only to make sense linearly to itself.

Paradoxes are interesting thought experiments. They aren't contradictions in the laws of reality. Either it isn't possible to take the action that a paradox describes or the universe can self-regulate when a paradoxical situation is encountered. Jack clearly went backwards in time and killed Aku, so the only possibility is that there is no paradox. Jack simply never went to the future to begin with.

he couldn't also made up the rule that Ashi wouldn't die. But that would be good writing, can't have that from a fuck that can't write plots longer than 20min.

jack memories of the future would be gone, not jack himself

Not if you follow the rule that time travel to the past produces alternate timelines

Time travel does not follow laws silly, billy. You see there are mystic janitor faeries that go around cleaning up things that "don't belong." They look at Ashi, go

Faerie 1: Woman born in the future to this guy who just died?
Faerie 2: Better get the cosmic windex.
Faerie 1: How about this mook, who spent 50 years in the future he just erased?
Faerie 2: Nah, it's fine. He already did it.
Faerie 1: Yeah, but I think-
Faerie 2: You ain't getting paid to think. Just leave it. It's fine.

Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

It was magic and the gods. Think about it.

>50 years have passed, but I do not age. Time has lost its effect on me.
Turns out paradoxes are a time effect, and Jack is immune against those.

After time traveling she no longer exists in the future, but instead, she now exists in the past. She would not disappear Back to The Future style.

But by that logic Ashi's portal should have affected her the same way.

On birth people are allocated memory space within the universal drive. On death their space is deallocated, allowing new organisms to use the space.

Whenever Jack and Ashi traveled back in time, they continued to use their addresses in spirit memory, but they had traveled to a universal state where Ashi's memory had not been allocated. As far as the universe was concerned, the spirit memory she was using was "junk data." Though it was meaningful to her, the universe had not reserved it. And thus when a certain baby was born the universe allocated the space which Ashi was using to the newborn and it overwrote Ashi's soul, erasing it from existence.

Jack's soul data, however, was still reserved in universal space since it was reserved prior to him traveling to the future.

So is just going to keep being ageless in the past?

They did it because they wanted a sad emotional moment and no other reason, you know it to be true.

They could EASILY have just said "she was living off of Aku's power and now what she had stored has run out" and avoid the problem entirely but no, they wanted to seem smart. But now it looks REALLY stupid because it looks like Ashi only disappeared because she thought about it and thinking about it causes her to disappear.

Maybe it was the time Jack was janked back out of a time portal that made him immune, right before he lost his sword. Something like that never happened to Ashi.

Because the episode 10 season 5 Jack is a time remnant
>also speedforce they aint gotta explain shit

It's time travel I ain't gotta explain shit

if ashi stopped existing so should future jack since aku would've been slain by the time jack actually got to the future to begin with giving him no reason to return to the past

the only other explanation would be multiple timelines meaning ashi would've lived

genndy pls

this

this is a problem that could've been avoided simply by saying Ashi died of something else

but they didn't do that because they didn't think things through before they started making the episode

I get the whole "sad ending" thing for Jack which required Ashi to be erased from existence, but it leaves so many unresolved questions like why did it take so long for that to happen, does Jack even remember her anyway since technically none of that future ever happened, etc. This is why you never travel back into your own universe and create paradoxes.

Steins:gate approached it well imo. Time travel is impossible anyway, but let's pretend it's not for a second: time paradoxes can't happen, that's why it's a paradox. The only explanation that makes sense is a multiverse one, where when you travel back in time, you leave your own universe and travel to a different one. So if I build a time machine today and go back to visit myself yesterday, it doesn't matter because in my universe that never happened and it doesn't need to, but in the other universe it did happen, and it's not a paradox because it's just what happened in that other universe.

> Overthinking about absolutely glorious ending.

Get back to the past and kill yourself, foolish user.

All that needed to happen was for Ashi to either disappear the instant Aku dies or not at all and live in the past. Don't do fancy bs if you don't havr time to set it up.

>Manchild is angry that his waifu died.

Aku isn't just some monster, he's a magical entity.

Jack was always tied to his original time, hence the agelessness.

When Ashi flung him into the past he resumed aging - likely,

By killing Aku, the time portal magic is broken - Aku as an entity no longer exists across space and time - hence Jack was never sent into the Future to begin with.

No paradox.

Leave Xenoverse out of this

Alternate timelines aren't really time travel.