At what moment did you give up on western animation?

At what moment did you give up on western animation?

TTG

Around 2000. Just realized I didn't like anything on TV and I was watching tv because I had always watched tv.

Can't remember! Maybe 5 years ago.

When pic related appeared. I stopped watching western cartoons around this time too.

>inb4 weeb

You probably prefer subs to dubs, fag.

The moment Trigger made me realize the Japanese can do Genndy better than Genndy can do himself.

When Korra and Regular Show got shitty endings, then regained hope when Samurai Jack aired its Season 5 premiere, only for me to become even more disappointed than before.

CN is literally 50% Teen Titans Go, Nickelodeon is still airing zombie Spongebob and other retarded shows, and both Voltron and Star vs are on hiatus for a lengthy time.

The only other show I'm currently watching is Archer's Dreamland, but even that show is gonna wrapped up soon and there's rarely any thread about it.

Id like a laaaaarge...

number 9

Never gave up on it, I just look at all types of entertainment, not just cartoons. Still like The Maxx and Clarence to Zoids and Bebop. Just watching one type of show is just asking for boredom.

Everyone watching all types of entertainment, you aren't special.

Its just western animation in particular is nothing but all garbage these days.

>Its just western animation in particular is nothing but all garbage these days.
Because it's mostly for children. You and everyone else on this board grew up, it's happened. You're not "With It" anymore. Cartoons are made for children, most of them aren't meant for any deep meaning and if you try and look for it you're just going to be disappointed.

You're not a kid anymore, naturally you're not going to like it.

>Because it's mostly for children.
>meanwhile adults will watch Lego Movie 5 times and Frozen 9 times while it was still in theaters

Sadly this is true. I don't know why I always get my hopes up thinking Western animation will actually be a respectable medium thats not seen as kids shit. But I keep getting proven wrong.

Movies are different though. They aren't viewed the same by people as a cartoon that airs on tv. Movies are the only way an american cartoon can justify having any semblance to actual writing.

>Meanwhile any good/legitimately deep animation is left out to pasture and is only found on the Sundance Channel late at night or is streamed by a few people on forums
People did try and bring some sophistication to western animation, it's just that the majority of the public doesn't want that and the attempts that were tried were promptly forgotten and were a financial bust, at least in America.

The only thing that's remotely "Adult" is [as] animation, Comedy Central animation, FOX animation and Netflix animations. Let's be honest here most of that is pretty damn juvenile and pandering for the lowest common denominator and is made for humor.

>Around 2000.
You missed out on the greatest cartoon era then.

Animated movies generally have far worse writing than animated series, even considering the runtime difference.

>People did try and bring some sophistication to western animation, it's just that the majority of the public doesn't want that and the attempts that were tried were promptly forgotten and were a financial bust, at least in America.
So Avatar, Teen Titans, and TMNT 2003 were all financial busts? I don't think so.
The problem is corporate culture.

The avatar movie was a huge financial failure and it wasn't even animated

WHAT

>it wasn't even animated
That was a major part of the problem.

When I was around 13-14, gave up on all animation.