Why cant Jedi force grip/choke...

Why cant Jedi force grip/choke? Why couldnt Luke just choke Ben in his sleep from across the temple rather than pulling out a lightsaber?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j1UPccudqmU
youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nus
youtube.com/watch?v=_OY1qhrbWJg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Choking people is pretty mean.

but can Jedi do it if they wanted to? Or is it something you have to be on the dark side to learn/use?

Jedi only use the Force defensively or something like that.

Not too sure, never saw any star wars film because star wars is crap.

>Why cant Jedi force grip/choke?
Luke did it in the first 15 minutes of Episode 6. If you include the "non-canon" clone wars stuff, Anakin did it many times too.

The implication is that Jedi are a capable of doing it but choose not to because of the darkness behind the act (wanting to seriously harm another living thing). It's the same reason we see Jedi chop off hands in the Star Wars movies instead of stabbing people in the heart.

Anakin can force choke in Clone Wars cartoon. But he basically was a Sith already so

oh shit thats right I forgot about that. They were just capitalist pigs though

Of course they can you fucking idiot. Its just using the force to push down on a guy's wind pipe.

So killing his nephew in his sleep is kosher but only if he does it with a light saber?

luke was fighting his inner darkness for most of return tho

reflected by the original script where kurtz had luke put the helmet on and become the new vader

The Force cant interact with things with a life force only inanimate objects

when Vader chokes people he is actually coiling their collar around their necks. It was established that Ben Solo sleeps shirtless

your move OP

So you should fight a Sith naked?

This also explains why Jedi remove all of their clothes when they fight

probably, I mean darth vader dies because sheev shocked his big heavy suit.

why not just use the force to rip out someone's spine?

Wouldn't want my naked junk near a light saber.

see

You're a jedi so you inherently have an advantage against sith because hurr you can see the future. You should only be worried about retarded hobos with old fashioned shotguns who are really horny because force insensitivity makes them impossible to predict with your space magic and you can't block lead projectiles like you can a laser. This is canon.

He wasn’t going to kill his nephew
I know this is Sup Forums and it’s a forgone conclusion but didnt any of you actually watch this shitty movie

This is more stupid fluff added for no reason like kyber crystals.

kyber crystals have been in star wars since 1977 actually

Fuck I always automatically default that picture to the waifu edit.

>Fire lightsaber to kill nephew
>Repent, you actually won't go through with it
>Fuck he noticed and woke up
>AHHH, GET UP BEN, SPECIAL NIGHT FIGHT TRAINING, ALWAYS BE PREPARED.
Crisis fucking averted.

>The Force cant interact with things with a life force only inanimate objects
What is the Jedi mind trick.

wait, on a serious note, how would jedis defend against shotguns? Am I retarded or is that a serious issue?

you can only interact with weak genetic material...moving the goal posts further.

Just block them with the force.
I’m the same way you would large boulders

Use force to lift up pillow and throttle young ben in sleep.

your gonna have to go to sleep in a plastic box to avoid being murdered by a jedi in any foreseeable way.

>If you include the "non-canon" clone wars stuff, Anakin did it many times too.
David Filoni's Clone Wars series is canon senpai

why can't they block blaster blasts with the force then?

They probably can now. Ghost Yoda just used force lightning, which was pretty much considering the most 'dark' of the shown force powers since it was previously Sheev's signature.
There's pretty much no reason to believe different feats are locked off to one side or the other now.

it wasn't force lightning, it was real lightning you dip

>moving the goal posts further.
You're not supposed to type what you're doing, user. Seriously, these kids today can't even troll right.

>kyber crystals have been in star wars since 1977 actually

Official fluff can still be stupid fluff. Do kyber crystals need explaining in the OT? No because it's uneccessary which is why they're never mentioned. Not every Lucas idea is a good idea.

... summoned with the force.

They can, as Kylo Ren showed in like the first 5 minutes of ep7
Also I imagine blocking superheated gas is a little tougher than solid matter

Do you think force lightning is fake or something?

it wasn't me moving the goal posts, but we've yet to hear the response from Mr.Force Rules user. Just stating what will happen. Problem is the force doesnt adhere to rules.

not physiological is what it is. Its a psychic trick

It's too aggressive. Jedi are supposed to be defensive, not offensive. If they started force-choking people, they'd be banned from the Jedi club.

I always assumed it was real lightning he was summoning through his fingers, a kind of lightning that would probably be found in a deep space kind of storm because its really blue

oh yea, I forgot about that scene. Why do they even bother blocking them with their sabers then? How did Order 66 ever succeed?
No, it comes from their hands or whatever (summoned on the spot). The lighting in tlj was from a cloud ("natural" or whatever)

Serious issue. Kinetic projectile weapons ("slugslingers") can't be blocked by lightsabers because they just melt the round and can fire more shots than they can block with the force since blocking a supersonic projectile is hard. It's also hard to block explosions so if you just throw a grenade while firing at them they're fucked. HK47 also suggests mines because they always fight at close range.

windu was shown to be able to use crush but that's only because he had a sizable inner darkness that he grappled with
youtube.com/watch?v=j1UPccudqmU

they can but it's a big no-no

Is THIS Clone Wars canon now or not? Cause the CG one takes place right after this and they even share character designs which are significantly different in the movies.
Similarly, are KOTOR 1/2 canon still? I would think not but TOR seems to be regarded as canon since it is currently running.

How would any fighter, from jedi to clonetroopers, fare against a standard NATO infantry platoon ? Hint: they would get raped in seconds. Sniper fire, grenades, full auto lead barrage, mortars, nothing in SW prepare them for what your average army can do. Not even speaking about tanks, self propelled artilleries, nukes, fighters or cruise missiles...

honestly i dont know and i dont want to know, the answer will probably only make me sad

2002 clone wars is uncanon KOTOR... the jury is still out but its non-canon until proven otherwise

>why bother
It’s a lot easier, and KR froze literally just one of them.
>how did 66 succeed
Lots of blasters

? I feel like the force would be able to protect from most of that

Well, he's black, so the standards for being a Jedi are probably lower for him.

>Killing your nephew in their sleep is defensive

>How did Order 66 ever succeed?
because the fact it was a prequel means it was already successful. it was just because "this is the plot"

underrated

Luke can force choke. He does it to those Gamorian guards at Jabba's.

He wasn’t going to kill him

luke choked the gamorreans in jabba's palace.

Nope. A lot of that is explicitly stated to be effective against jedi.
youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nus

For the longest time I thought that guy was a bionicle when I saw him in people's forum signatures and shit.

No man resists an ambush, user. If a platoon meets 5 Jedi o a field, face to face, they can simply raise the ground around the others to block all projectile and explosions, move faster than the other can react, etc.
If you've the element of surprise and don't botch it, you'll always have the advantage.

Hmmm. Forbidden technique, this is. Hmmm mmmm

Ok. Lets see this. The jedi, with a 20 men clonetrooper attack squad,come to contact with the platoon. Under fire at 500 meters. 7.62 sniper rounds. He deflects them while closing in. His soondiers are not so lucky but their heavy future armors limit casualties. They cant retaliate however. At 200 meters, the assault rifke supressing fire starts, with self propelled grenades or mortars. Still one sided battle. Clonetroopers start to go down. Still closing, the jedi master (lower ranks are already dead) and the surviving group get under the crossfire of 2 machineguns, plus the rest. Somehow, the master survives and kill the last joe. All his clones are dead. 1km afar, an helicopter gunship understand there is no risk anymore for friendly fire. It already used its AP missiles on the walkers but the 30mm assault cannon is loaded and ready. The area is pounded with HE shells and the jedi master turn to bloody rags.
Meanwhile, barrages of missiles are wiping the walker forces while f15s or rafales us x-wings as target practices...
If everything fail, let nuclear fire devour the place.
SW would get raped in ground/athmospheric combat. Badly.What will save them will be their space navy.

>you had to be a human being
wait what? I thought the people weren't humans per-se

like how neo stops bullets

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

"legends"

it isnt real lightning yes check the wiki :^)

Luke literally says that sensing the level of corruption in Ben spooked him and he turned on his saber instinctually. He was never going to attack ben

was never canon

How did they explain Grievous being broken, then?

Not bad post.

according to georgie he was always like that..

to draw paralels with vader (cough/breathing suit)

wasn't grievous a dude who was made into a robot?

does none of you fa/tv/irgins actually know jack shit about star wars?

ok look:
when you use the force in an aggressive way, the dark side creeps into you
the more you do this the more it happens. and it's permanent
eventually you start becoming an evil dick and your physical body starts to rot
BUT! you get to use force lightning and hide from the jedi better and also do communication shit like snoke

luke had this almost happen to him when he tried to murder ben
that's why he had to lock himself out of the force and not take any aggresive actions in TLJ

This is some tabletop RPG-tier retardedness.

They can, but it's the dark side of the force. I always thought dark side was a bad term because it suggests there is a light side and a dark side. Just think of it all abilities as the same but the Jedi regard some abalilities as off limits, like black magic. The force is magic and the dark side is black magic, think of it like that. That's why Vader and the Emporer can use force choke and force lightning, but the Jedi consider those powers immoral and "dark side" and so they do not use them. EXCEPT THEY FUCKING DO? Did you even watch the ORIGINAL trilogy you fucking cunt? LUKE USES FORCE CHOKE ON AN ALIEN RIGHT AT THE BEGINING OF EPISODE SIX! Sorry the OT wasn't muh explosions and muh lightsaber fights like the prequels or FEMINIST SHIT like the new films. You make me sick, why ask a fucking question if you won't watch the fucking film. You proved yourself to be an ABSOLUTE PLEBBY CUNT. You pissed me off buddy, are you fucking retarded. Learn to use your BRAIN.

>Why couldnt Luke just choke Ben in his sleep from across the temple rather than pulling out a lightsaber?

MAYBE BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE WOKEN HIM UP AND IF HE JUST STABBED HIM QUICKLY IT WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER

THE
NEW
MOVIES
ARE
SHIT

STOP WATCHING THESE FUCKING FILMS AND USE YOUR BRAIN TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS YOURSELF

It's the first thing Luke does after entering Jabba's palace.

He probably never learned that technique. He probably would't use it because it was not a preplanned assassination in cold blood. It was a MOMENTARY bit of bad judgement where Luke let the dark side into his own heart for just a second, was disgusted with himself, and blazed his saber off. He was not going to really kill Ben and certainly not in the vicious, arrogant and intimidating way a force choke is meant to. He woulda hit him with a rock if that was what was available.

or just human nature

>the more you do this the more it happens. and it's permanent
So Yoda is a darkside user now for smashing those 2 guards into the wall?

Force Choke is a Dark Side technique.

all made up by neckbeards in the 90s

it's a just a meme bro

after doing that he definitely had a alittle more darkness in him than before, yes
not enough to call him a dark jedi or whatever, but yoda definitely has the dark side in him
you have to in order to deflect force lightning
he keeps it in check through discipline and fighting is dark self in a clone wars episode or sth
mace windu is kind of like this, too

more like retconned unofficially when they decided to make more movies and rewrite his notes.

what about the force push?

Butchering someone with a laser sword is much more civilized than choking someone or shooting them with a blaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=_OY1qhrbWJg

one of the most chilling moments from the clone wars series

well at least it does automatically cauterize the wound

from a certain point of view

He actually pushes the clothes not the body. It wouldn't work if his opponent was naked

No it was stated after the acquisition by Disney that the only things considered canon were the 6 live action films and the The Clone Wars cartoon show and movie

Semantics? Because it wasn't "Force lightning" that Sith use. It's elemental lightning summoned from the sky, with the force.

Also, books and comic books related to the Saga and Clone Wars/Rebels.

There is no 'dark side'. Force is force, the jedi forbid themselves from doing some tricks because of ideological reasons. Sheev can shoot lightning but it doesn't actually have anything to do with his morality.

The Force is literally a field that connects all living things. It'd be a lousy Force if it could not interact with living things. Also, what is telepathy? Are the cells in your brain inanimate? Well... probably.