ITT: Shit American versions of British TV shows

ITT: Shit American versions of British TV shows.

why?
just..

>It's upload consciousness -episode

There's no way this is real.

believe it

CRISTOFA

Stop pretended Black Mirror was some high art before season 3.

Plots had just as many holes. Concepts were just as stupid. There was just as much stilted dialogue. It's written by the same fucking guy.

> the office
> inbetweeners
> broadchurch

It's still Charlie Brooker writing every episode, but I agree that it's gone to shit since Netflix got involved. Even if it's the same writer, they obviously forced him to use American settings and actors which completely fucked up the series.

To be honest, you couldn't really get San Junipero without setting it in America.

San Junipero was some lesbo trash though.

why do you think it was trash?

Black Mirror seasons 3 and 4.

The rules of the latest episode were all over the place.

I'm not even lying, that's my least favourite episode out of all of them, and not even because of the American setting.
I never understood the love for that episode. It seems to be the most liked BM episode ever, lauded by critics everywhere and with fans begging Charlie Brooker for a sequel so much he had to make a public statement saying he doesn't want to do it.

The Office
Veep
Shameless

The Office is fine but Inbetweeners really was tragic

I've never seen Veep, but isn't Armando Iannucci still the writer? The Thick of It and The Armando Iannucci Shows were kino, so I know he's a talented writer.
Did he lose his touch or is it just not as funny because of the American setting and characters?

>Shameless
They made a US version of Shameless? That's fucking hilarious, how on Earth did they think that could work.

It's overrated but there is a lot to like about the episode.
Anyway, thought the most loved was Fifteen Million Merits

veep is very good

but these are literally the only good american remakes of british shows

>They made a US version of Shameless? That's fucking hilarious, how on Earth did they think that could work.
it does work, it's on season 8 and I'm still entertained

No, San Junipero is definitely the one that received the most praise from critics worldwide.
Merits was well-loved, but got nowhere near the attention Junipero got.

Though I did hear that Robert Downey Jr. wants to make a feature length Hollywood film using the premise of The Entire History of You.

>feature length Entire History of You
>adding 30 minutes
What would they even change apart from giving them American accents? It was basically perfect

It was only 45 minutes long, I think Downey wants a 2.5-hour feature film exploring more with the characters and the technology.

I agree though, the episode was perfect the way it was, and I see no reason to Americanise it and make it longer.

Is that why there are only six episodes in a fucking season? kek

>they actually go to mars at the end

Take your pick.

>amerigoblin remake of Cracker
>he's not massively fat and isn't alcoholic

why even bother

I had no idea they made a---

Oh for Christ's sake, are you serious?

>Oh for Christ's sake, are you serious?

>At the end of the series, it is revealed that Tyler's 2008 and 1973 realities were both fictitious, created by the onboard computer of a spacecraft that is carrying Tyler, Hunt, Norris, Carling, and Skelton on the first ever manned mission to the planet Mars, in 2035. The crew he worked with in 1973 were just virtual reality versions of his fellow spaceship crewmembers.

That did happen. No weird world stuff happening. They're in a VR thing.

I have no idea how to respond to this. That's just beyond anything...I mean, if you literally did your best to intentionally make up the most shitty ending to Life on Mars, you still wouldn't be able to come up with that. Fucking hell.

Americans can't into metaphor or any kind of figurative thinking so they had to make "Life on Mars" literal.

>Bad Education --> An American education
o i am laffin