As a Brit, can any americucks confirm if suburban America at the time was as comfy as stranger things and IT depicts?

As a Brit, can any americucks confirm if suburban America at the time was as comfy as stranger things and IT depicts?

No
watch the Lindsay Ellis about it

for like 1% of the country yeah

True

In any nothern state at least yeah
It used to be americas culture, the suburban life/city on a hill

Can confirm. Growing up in the 80s was comfy as fuck. (((Niggerdom))) didn’t shit up the culture here until the 90s.

Was pretty much my neighborhood growing up. Most midwest suburban cities were like this.

>t.niggers

there's still some remaining places like you are thinking, but diminishing every year as Mexican peasants flood the country and blacks make the streets unsafe.

Yes. It was comfy mostly because all your friends' families could afford to live in the same nice middle class neighborhood. You could roam around the neighborhood with each other. Midwest/Northeast suburbs were more comfy because of the trees/weather.

Now, unless you're rich, the only homogenuous neighborhoods are shitty pre-fab swarms of condos in some far-flung suburb. None of them have yards, kids aren't allowed out, etc.

It was like any other time in history, depending on your situation

IS THAT YOU JOHN WAYNE, IS THIS ME?

No one here is old enough to confirm that.

Was born in 1984 yeah it was pretty comfy. Except for school I hated it.

ah, the typical i'm afraid of black people and mexicans post. fucking lemming.

do you live in an area surrounded by niggers and/or mexicans? No? Thought so.

i live in a city in north Colorado and parts of it reminds me of the town in Stranger Things. an updated version but still quite similar.

Suburbs like that are a dime a dozen. You can still find them, but you'll be bored out of your mind if you ever lived there. There's a reason why guns are a hobby in America.

i've lived in Brooklyn and Miami. now i'm in Colorado.

serious question before we continue. how old are you?

oops, meant to reply to this ignorant cunt

everything was cool up until the late 90's

yep. lack of creativity and imagination plus a whole lot of a time to kill and having limited social skills. however, hunting can be pretty cool. this coming from a city guy who recently moved to the northwest.

Born in 74. Can confirm things were very comfy. I was lower middle class so not really something that was exclusive to rich people. As long as you weren't in niggertown or a giant city then you had a kind of freedom to just be a fucking kid and interact with the world. Everyone is so paranoid now and people get arrested for letting kids walk around by themselves. We would leave the house and hang out with friends, going on foot or bike, roam from one friend's house to another, wander in the woods, whatever. If you had a bike you were free. No kid now will ever know that.

>inb4 kidnapping and fucked up shit (that happened then and happens now, don't let them make you think kids were vanishing by the droves back then)

ah, the typical case of denial
>niggers
>ruin
>everything

suburban and rural life for a kid that age was fucking sweet in the early 80s. you would leave your house on your bike on weekends or during summer at like 7 or 8am and be gone until 8 at night. completely off the grid. insane amount of freedom. it was bliss. one weird thing was that kids would come in and out of your life and you'd think you'd never see them again because there was no internet to keep in touch with people or look them up. kids would just move away and you'd make peace with treating them like they were dead. it was awesome listening to radio stations and recording songs on tape to hear later-- making your own mixtape. kids played with toys and interacted with each other. everything is shit now.

>Born in 74.
same. --oldfag

ah, another petulant child speaks up. let me guess. you've met one and you felt inferior? sure sounds like it.

Definitely pretty comfy. I grew up in the early 90s, and the whole aesthetic of hanging out with the neighbors and having neighborhood bbqs is definitely realistic.

Stranger things is a little bit over the top with it's comfiness though.

>so triggered he replys to the wrong post.
>implies there aren't white areas in these cities.
Again is the neighborhood you live in predominantly black/or mexican? No? Thought so.

>mixtape
Please stop using nigger words. Just say we made cassettes with lots of cool songs inside.

Yes, most northern suburbs were exactly like this. You could leave your car running when you ran in to a shop for a quick purchase. Kids were allowed to play outside with little fear of being grabbed by perverts. The suburbs were communities where everyone looked out for each other. It was truly a comfy as fuck time.
The faggots telling you otherwise here are either 12 or just larping shitskins.
This is the America that frightened the jew so much they had to make it appear lame, spread nigger culture and flood the country with spics to destroy it from within.

This is actually bullshit. Mexicans are actually keeping some of the neighborhood unity a real thing although usually confined to other Mexicans

What's funny is that the thing most people find over the top or unbelievable is the way kids could roam around on their own and parents were ok with you just vanishing all day with friends. That's the most accurate part of ST.

If you had ever met one, you'd know how hard it is to feel inferior to that level of mentality.

It was better.

That isn't really the part i find over the top, because i did that in like 1995, more about how everyone in school was well dressed and everyone knew each other etc.

This.

It all started going to shit around 97'. I'm not quite sure what happened, but something really emboldened pedophiles (I mean this unironically). Maybe it was multiple factors, more internet access for them, the Catholic Church getting exposed, idk. But that's when suburban parents really began the helicopter parenting and that high social trust died out.

I grew up mostly in a rural area, which I loved. But I lived in the suburbs for a time as a boy and got to enjoy that Americana feel with other kids. It was really comfy user.

We're edging closer towards peak equality by the day though. We'll be a big futureless favela soon.

el abominacion...

>Anglo
>Plays an American girl
Fuck Hollywood

>nice try sweaty
mexicants hold up in their own enclaves, bring over all their relatives, take over an area and force whites to move.

>t.Southern California/United States

Wtf are you even on about? Just kys

I'm not sweaty, it's like 8 degrees out

And who are you quoting?

80s were extremely comfy for kids. You had the neighborhood bike brigades, Michael Jackson playing on the radio, kids trying to build Johhny 5 in their basements out of busted up vacuum cleaners and Ataris, etc. while all the trouble that crack was producing was in cities far, far away.

You talk like you've only heard about Mexicans in horror stories.

I lived in New York and Los Angeles and for what it's worth, Mexicans aren't nearly as bad as niggers. Not even close. I've seen countless nigger thugs doing niggerly things, and maybe one or two dumbfuck cholos over the course of 30 years. I think Mexicans are like Italians, for the most part they'll integrate. Niggers never integrate.

t. Nigger

Well dressed in relative. At the time we were considered kind of sloppy almost because our parents were in school in the 50's and 60's and dressed much "neater." But yeah, again, unless you were in a big city, most people in a neighborhood knew each other because people went outside and interacted. Not everyone in town knowing each other was either from smaller towns than mine or a TV fiction, but there was a general sense that you knew a lot more people. Again, people went outside and just got to know each other more.

WHO SAID THAT? WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT?

you could leave your doors unlocked
you could leave your bicycles outside and they would still be there the next morning
whats a bike lock?
you could leave your cars unlocked
you could tell your neighbors you were going out of town, they would keep an eye on your house, get mail, paper, mow lawn, ect.
White people just living peacefully in harmony.
Comfy as fuck.

>Talks the boogyman Jew
>Claims not to be 12

Umm, sweety..

This is how much pedowood hates seeing healthy, un-molestable white American children desu.

This was "suburban" America for negros in the 80s.

>suburban America at the time was as comfy as stranger things
you mean that white women were with black men in the 80s?

yes, yes they were. the only people who disagree with that statement are butthurt white boys who of course were born after the 80s

I don't think anything emboldened them or that they suddenly became more numerous. Ugly shit happened before that too. You just didn't get a national news piece every time. Once scary news became the only news and they reported of every fucked up thing in every corner of the country, that's when it seemed like shit got worse. In the 80's if it happened in a different town you probably never heard of it. If it happened in a different state, might as well have happened on the moon; you'd never know.

>>It was the best of times.

The infestation of America known as Mexican illegal immigration is a horror story.
Look up Kate Steinle
You talk like you have not heard of MS13, sanctuary cities, the cartel, Mexico or Mexicans.

i do, i live in Mexico

Nothing emboldened pedophiles. Soccer moms just got freaked out by the internet because their kids could be talking to a stranger from inside their room. Nothing but a meme and moral panic. I guarantee you more kids got fucked before the internet than after. Now you can see every pedophile on google map in 10 seconds, that's the difference

Nothing about this post makes any god damn sense.

>Look up Kate Steinle

>Implying Millie Brown hasn't been blacked yet

Have you not seen how sexually provocative she is outside the series?

oh look, it's racist dumb fucks ruin another thread due to their inferiority complex. how cliched can you guys get?

Why left can't into meme?

That makes sense anons, it all seemed hysterical. I was a 90's kid so my frame of reference isn't great. I just remember it all changing so fast, from comfy to police state.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Amerimutt memes are hilarious, but leftists still didn't make them (because they can't meme).

why can't the alt-soy meme?

the mutthurt is real with this one

no bro, she's been molested by several of the Hollywood pedophiles.
A couple may have been niggers though.

No, I don't pay attention to kids or think of them in sexual ways.

as you were, Mr. Dunning-Kruger.

flowers for Charlie

>As a Brit, can any americucks confirm if suburban America at the time was as comfy as stranger things and IT depicts?
yeah, that's pretty much what it was like in suburban USA in the 1980s. I've lived in an urban environment since 2005, so I can't comment about now.

sure have. never been to Brooklyn, have you? nor Miami? I lived in Wynwood, Downtown, and Buena Vista. plenty of latinos and blacks around. i find it funny how little boys here scream and shout racist epithets but wouldn't dare do so to anyone's face. cliche after cliche after cliche. every racist is a closeted homo so deep in denial they project hatred toward ethnicities and secretly listen to Morrissey when no one's around.

>white people are 1% of country
Shit i didnt think it was that bad

The 90's is when the most change seemed to happen. I was early 20s but it seemed like parents were suddenly so much stricter and over-protective. Even by the late 90's I remember thinking how different it was and now I just feel really sad for kids. They get micro-managed until late teens or early 20's. It's no wonder everyone is emotionally retarded and immature. They never had a chance to get that shit out of their system when they were kids and learn to deal with bullies and scraped knees and everything else that made you tougher. I know I sound like fucking grandpa now, but it's true. I feel bad for later kids who never knew that freedom. I think it's part of growing up and now having it is why you see so many fucking varieties of bizarre mental illnesses popping up everywhere.

Are you an oldfag? Can some euros tell me how was life during that time? I wonder how london, paris and berlin were before they got invaded by muslims

Probably the same way the UK used to be good, innit mate?

Oh, yes.

So are you a nigger, spic or nu-male? Honest question. If the latter I don't believe for a second you lived in a predominately black or brown neighborhood.

Then you're mexican

That's how it is when you grow up in a place that is 90+% white that isn't in West Virginia

Illinois burbs originator.. I would say what really took us out of the timeline of peak comfort was the internet. It severed the bonds that comfort had created, forever trajecting us to waste our time on pointless shit rather than going in adventures and being happy nerds together.

90's England was comfy as fuck, even in Birmingham.

lmao

grew up in the upper middle class, spent all my summers in SoCal. it was so fucking comfy you would not believe it. Diversity is our strength though lol

What happened to change it all?

Perfect storm of helicopter parents, paranoia, internet, technology, faster pace of life, and other things. The internet might be the biggest ingredient but it wasn't just one thing. I do think a lot of the blame falls on the current generation of parents being all up in their kids shit and not letting them have any freedom to just go out and be stupid kids together.

wtf do i care what you believe? you're the one radiating stunted adolescence. one day you'll realize how all that racist bullshit someone (probably your dad, possibly the internet) put in your skull is juvenile hogwash. racism is entry-level nonsense you've convinced yourself means something. do grow up and join the adults one day for a decent chat.

where in SoCal? Venice in da house, bitches!

Well Birmingham has been diverse for a long time but it's just way over the top now. The big cities don't really fel like england anymore.

Based gramps

Threads like this make me wonder why we don't have site wide flags. It would make these discussions much more interesting. I get so used to them on Sup Forums.

Yeah that's bullshit. For one thing since divorce and working moms are so common now most kids probably have very little interactions with their parents compared to before when there was always a mom there you could count on pretty much, and then couple that with internet and youtube where kids get their social interaction and parent figures satisfaction from instead.

> I think it's part of growing up and now having it is why you see so many fucking varieties of bizarre mental illnesses popping up everywhere.
It's kind of the opposite. They don't have attentive parents to tell them to stop dressing in women's clothing or tell them they love them when things are hard or what have you, instead they grow up watching Spiderman and Elsa and whatever else fucked up shit kids watch on youtube these days.

100% yes
>neighborhoods were relatively safe (and by that I mean white)
>any minority families were few and were usually chill as fuck and not pushing crime or political bs
>you and your friends would get on their bikes at 11am and get screamed at by your mothers when you got home a 6pm
>no cell phone/social media bullshit
>there would be bbqs and block parties where everyone just got together and hung out
>no need to worry about rapists or pedos
It was a glorious time

Because then 90% of the posts become about what flags people have.

Fucking roller skating reefer fiend

I live in a small midwest town, but I grew up in the 90's. It was safe to play on our block, but 2-3 times a year a kidnapping or child murder still happened in the greater metropolitan area (about 2 million ppl so bound to happen), so you still had to be on guard sometimes.

My neighborhood is still unironically one of the "lowest crime" areas in the nation, yet that didn't stop a guy from being shot at an apartment complex half a mile from my house last year. Also, I've started to see syringes and the like more often around. That wasn't unheard of growing up (I found one when I was like 4), but it's definitely become more commonplace.

That's MISTER bird scooter reefer fiend to you! truth is i'm not much of a pot head. i partake every now and then, but i prefer a mild beer buzz or a monthly shrooming.