Timeline is linear (most likely the case) and everyone in the future disappears via butterfly effect

>Timeline is linear (most likely the case) and everyone in the future disappears via butterfly effect
>Timeline diverges and everyone still suffers because Aku's still there and there's no more magic sword
>Jack doesn't realize any of this until the last fucking second
>Nobody realized this or questioned this and have probably vanished away
>He mourns some bitch he just met because "I WAS SO RONERY"

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/92548911/#92548911
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That would have been a cool twist, if a philosopher or something explained to Jack that in order to save everyone he had to beat Aku in the future and THEN go back to the past and beat him there too.

I like to believe the people Jack helped are living in a much better future.
But if you can bitter the ending a little more you can think everyone died.

I'm more surprised that nobody on Sup Forums realized this was where the show was going despite the intro's narration and the "back to the past, Samurai Jack". It's like you guys start watching the show on S5

Time is linear as proof i point to both Ashe vanishing, and future Aku's "oh no" as they went back in time, and that Aku has been trying for 50 years to destroy every time portal.

Worst case everyone in the future doesn't exist

Best case they all somehow are born but under different circumstances and are living normal lives ether on Earth or their own home worlds.

Everyone died and nothing happened

whole series was just a waste of time

>I'm more surprised that nobody on Sup Forums realized this was where the show was going despite the intro's narration and the "back to the past, Samurai Jack".

Hey retard, nothing in the intro ever said anything about totally screwing over the future. In fact Jack went out of his way to help people in the future all the time, which makes no sense if his end game was to omnicide their entire reality.

>Now we're mad that Samurai Jack went back to the past

Are you actually retarded?

Maybe Jack thought there was a chance he'd fail in the past

I feel like my response bears a necessary repeat. Ahem;

This is how Genndy will be remembered for ending Samurai Jack. Not as a love letter to fans, not as finishing a great cartoon with satisfying resolutions.

NOPE. Just a fat stinking shit sandwich of copypasting Gurren Lagaan and calling it a day.

Now I know how DC fans feel when Snyder makes a comic book movie.

E;R review when?

reminder that without ashi he would've likely just offed himself

>I like to believe the people Jack helped are living in a much better future.
This. By the time the future that is not Aku rolls around all the ayylmaos will still be showing up and having a much better time without pic related letting in every crook and monster in the galaxy. The Woolies for example will still be around but they won't be enslaved because no Aku to let in the evil midget Squidwards.
Ashi's fucked though.

Or, Jack could have just killed himself, pick up Jack's sword to whittle down Aku to a droplet of evil, imprison him inside a bottle of divine glass and lock him away, thereby allowing Ashi to live and go back to the past with Jack and do the same. That way, the future friends all live and get to rebuild their lives, and Jack gets to live with Ashi in the past with both timeline Aku's imprisoned and harmless.

Everybody wins.

Butterfly effect
A couple could meet in a war shelter and have grandchildren
Take away the war, couple never meets in that shelter, take away the grandchildren

>I like to believe the people Jack helped are living in a much better future.

Except Ashi. Now, she's only a memory.

Have you seem Ego Trip? Genndy doesn't give a fuck for time travel shenanigans, and it fits the tone of the show anyway.

This does mean that the viking never got encased in lava, so there's that

Yeah, Genndy ascribes to the 'things that were meant to happen still happen, only they happen better' line of fucking with time travel as a good guy.

Well, with the exception of the Daughters of Aku.

That would be nice, but if so I would've liked at least a short montage of the new future.

What's that?

Incidentally, the 'key to her prison is her heart' theory was 100% true.

Yep.
RIP in non exsistance

Everyone does

Ego Trip was the Dexter's Lab film, meant to end the series. CN refused to let it end and when Genndy's team left the show after the film, they propped it up for...I wanna say 1 or 2 more very bad seasons using b-listers.

Can we hope for a minute short in the blu ray?
Or is it too hopeful?

Dexter's Laboratory finale.

Movie that also had dystopians and time travel.

You're in for some fun times boyo.

I guess that would also mean that the archers never got cursed.

Please tell me these three vicious fucks at least preserved her soul so that, in death, she finally has peace.

Was meant to respond to

He didn't even get to cum inside her.

What about the characters who had problems unrelated to Aku, like the Woolies, or the Japanese family, or the monkey tribe?

Saw ads of it on DVDs but never saw it.
Gonna do it now

Nope. She won't exist anymore. And since Gods are usually dicks anyway, they will look at Ashi as another part of Aku who would need to be destroyed to be sure the ultimate evil was fully gone.

The gods don't care much for mortal love

At very least we should agree that it was the SMARTEST ending, even if it was a big anti-climatic.
It would have been stupid of Ashi to NOT do what she did as soon as she realized she had Aku's abilities.

>Spawn of the spawn of mass of evil that threatened even them
I wouldnt put my bets on it

I guess they're fucked.

Woolies were enslaved by ayys that Aku invited.

The Japanese family were devoured by a demon, the kind that Aku encouraged and employed.

Monkey tribe are probably fine in the Aku-less future, probably with healthier territory to boot.

>Jack's face when he dies and asks to see Ashi and finds this shit out

>She erased herself from existence and no one will ever know but one man and some gods who don't care

Robot civilians and Mondo Bot?

This is what I figure would happen, since Ashi was born after her mother drank Aku's specimen so it would make sense for her not to exist without him.

>It would have been stupid of Ashi to NOT do what she did as soon as she realized she had Aku's abilities.

I suspected it might happen the moment it was confirmed Ashi was Aku's literal daughter in light of Jack painfully reminiscing about his lost home and the effect that wrought on Ashi.

>Ashi's first impulse on being handed the power of a god is to do the one thing the man she loves thinks could never be possible

in 50-100 years from now when we invent AI

If we go by the 'Ego Trip' standard Genndy set, I imagine there'll still be a robot city, peaceful and prosperous.

But who would stop Mondo Bot?

Lulu?
Sweet thing?

Poor Jack needs to get laid with Ashi's would be ancestor, not Aku, or something

Without the threat of Aku would the robots even want to build something like Mondo Bot?

Safe with a retired private detective incarnation of X-9.

Mondo-Bot was built to protect the robots from Aku-scale threats to their city. Without Aku inviting giant godzilla monsters and alien criminals and fucking demons to wreak havoc, Mondo-Bot would never have been built.

That would be worse.

>Look into the face of a woman and see another that never existed, that erased herself from reality helping you and your people, who she didn't even know.

The only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth is how long it took her to die after Aku was killed. It made the pacing of the last 2 minutes horrible.

I want to go back in time and see all the reactions in the finale thread, but the mods made it a rolling sticky so now I never, ever will.

>they knew what they were doing

desuarchive.org/co/thread/92548911/#92548911

>mfw there will never be a spin off series with what everyone else was upto in the 50 years or the 1000 years of Aku's reign before Jack landed int he future

>7000 posts

Holy shit.Well, now I can at least see why they made it rolling. Thanks for the link

The fact that it wasn't specified made it so that the show could do anything

HOLY FUCK
Thank you, user. You are a godsend.

Everything pointed to him staying in the future and having to make due that the past is done.

Worst case being having to face the choice of going back but choosing the girl over it.

What amazes me is how many people are bitching he didn't get the girl and save the past. As I'm sure they'd be whining about how jack doomed billions of people over god knows how many decades to Aku's sadistic acts had he not done it.

Were you in the other thread with the user mentioning he would have never been conceived had it not been for Hitler's antics?

No, have a link to it?
I got it from a French web show about a time traveler (Le Visiteur du Futur).
Second season's villains were the descendants of people in war shelters and were trying to convince the protagonist to allow a war to happen

srs tho what the fuck is jack's name?

same for me :^)
thanks hitler

Mai Son

It also can be that Aku can't go completely through time portals.
The reason Ashi can is due to being part human.

With 50 years to ponder it, I'm seriously surprised he never thought of it himself. In the first 4 seasons, I excused it because it's conceivable that an ancient warrior wouldn't have much of a concept of sci fi time travel theories. But then he spent 50 years, in the future, with nothing on his mind but his quest for time travel, and spent a lot of that time alone with his thoughts. And maybe you can argue that he was under a lot of stress and didn't have much time for deep abstract philosophical thoughts, but the show itself has a lot of damn scenes where he's just walking by himself or camping in the woods gazing into a fire or shit. I know he always has to be on guard, but was there really nothing else going on in his head for him to not put a little more thought into the consequences of time travel? He himself even says he wishes to "undo" the deeds of Aku, so he understands that things will be erased from existence because of his time dickery, why was the idea that maybe some good things like his friends may exist because of influences indirectly caused by Aku so far from his mind, when he's capable of understanding that all of the bad direct actions of Aku would be undone?

I don't mind so much the way the show ended, but in those 10 something years since the last season, I always kind of really wanted to see Jack confront this conundrum and really face the full impact of it, and I'm disappointed that entire concept was condensed into about 5 seconds of "oh no my girlfriend evaporated."

>Implying time isn't like The Legend of Zelda

This is Sup Forums, user. I don't know what you were expecting

The optimistic response would be that the couple might still meet and have those same children under other, non war related circumstances.

Personally, if I had access to time travel, I wouldn't want to chance it.

Except even with a diverged timeline things would still be fucked
Aku's still there

I was a little surprised that Ashi had the ability to tear a portal in time that goes BACK in time. That's something we never saw Aku do, he only ever sent Jack into the future, so I always assumed it wasn't in Aku's ability. Now I can't help but think it's odd that Aku never went back in time to help himself with all those battles with Jack that went just slightly off for him.

For a brief moment while Ashi and Jack were in the time portal, I wondered if she was taking them even further into the future.

He probably can't travel back in time to a period where he already exists. Time paradox and shit. Ashi could do it because she never existed in the past, and jack didn't exist at the point after Aku sent him into the future.

Then why didn't he immediately tear a portal back to just after Jack killed him in the past right after he saw Jack and Ashi enter the portal and he said "oh no"?

for a show that was always show don't tell, they didn't even try to do one of the two

>Jack kills Aku in the future
>Ashi and him go back to the past
>Jack kills Aku in the past
>Now the past and the future are fine, if we assume divergent timelines
>No discount GL ending

THIS IS ALL GENNDY NEEDED TO DO WHAT THE FUCK

22 minutes

Cut the fan service episode.

hey so does anyone remember those scientists Jack helped successfully to get back in time

The ones that built the rocket? They didn't go back in time

retconned
all retconned

>just after Jack killed him
Pretty sure that's the answer.

The whole thing is giving me a headache, really. I don't even get how Ashi can manage to have such a key hand in the undoing of her own existence.

>take away all of the context to make a half passed point
No but are you?