If you were a character in a fantasy genre film, what would your profession/role be?

If you were a character in a fantasy genre film, what would your profession/role be?

What's the fantasy equivalent of a fat computer nerd who can't get a girlfriend?

I like to imagine I’d be something cool like a Witcher, but let’s be real here. Everyone on this board would be some pathetic peasant.

Probably a monk

I would be a wizard because I can already wizard things like talk to the dead and will things to happen with my mind.

A NEET peasant.

Town drunkard. Or a farmer. Or both.

the guy who legally marries a 12 year old cunny and owns a few mares

Well, If i'm lucky i could be some rich guy's squire

A ratcatcher.

Probably an alchemist or some sort of gunpowder scientist since I'm a chemist irl

fishmonger for that chill BGM

I’d probably be the guy who tortures prisoners in the dungeons. Not sure how folks signed up for that job though back then.

Town witch doctor for sure.

Soldier/Mercenary. It’s what I am now.

If you don't know, chances are you wouldn't be a torturer but a victim.

Either way would be arousing

My ancestors were mostly poachers, criminals and drunkards in the English county of Shropshire for the last few hundred years.

Poaching the noble's deer, eating caught fish and hedgehog. Sounds alright.

this!

Monks were the unneeded sons that werent eligible to inherit and raise a family of their own.

It was a pretty smart system, other cultures could only use their sons to fuel wars.

Oh, look, brummies finally discovered wonders of electricity.

that was one of the many jobs of the towns executioner.

Those guys had the lowest status among all citizens and werent even allowed to marry outside their caste which led to those entire dynasties of executioner families, their day to day job was usually being a knacker and taking apart animal carcasses which led to them getting pretty knowledgeable in regards of anatomy which in turn meant they were often quite skilled surgeons as well (although not allowed to practice that in the open), they also sold remedies made out of human corpses like ointments made out of human fat.

Oh and they were the guys charged with cleaning out the towns gutter.

Really the most fascinating job in medieval european society.