Imagine if LOTR was made after the feminist wave that took over hollywood started

Imagine if LOTR was made after the feminist wave that took over hollywood started

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5BS0Iz2umhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

goldberry when?

Aren't we getting that with amazon?

Tolkien has been criticised from a feminist perspective for decades.
Its why they removed Glorfindel and replaced him with Arwen, then they invented Haldir (for some reason) which very well could have been Glorfindel if they worried introducing a character we would never see again.

It was.

Actually Arwen was way worse in earlier forms of the films. They even went so far as have her show up at Helm's Deep to fight. They eventually caved on that, in no small part because Liv Tyler said it was wrong and forced.

Based Liv

Thank the gods for that

aragorn x arwen love arc was perfectly fine, suck it virgins
would have been nice to see based glorfindel tho

There would have been a scene where Galadriel pegs Celeborn and steps on his balls haha

/ourgirl/

I thought that objectively it dragged the move down but Liv Tyler was just so fun to look at back then I didn't care.

>tfw they make Sam and Frodo gay

They didn’t invent Haldir, they recycled him from the entry to Lorien. Him being at Helm’s Deep was still whackadoodle.

So no change?

He was at Helm's Deep to replace the stuff shot with Arwen.

so pre 1960s?

Anyone else just want to squeeze Liv Tyler's chin? Her jawline is so doughy. but cute

fucking hackson

Even so, they did put her on every single cover despite having less screen time than Galadriel or Elrond. Still, Tolkien was writing this shit in the 30s and 40s, the idea stwong fehmul characters wasn't a thing. It's like people don't understand that the dude was born 125 years ago.

Even Jackson didn't have much control over the marketing at the time. Can't put that on Liv. She still speaks some Elvish by the way.

But in the book they're gay and Sam is a retard.

Correction, 126 years tomorrow. Happy Birthday Beren.

Tolkien has strong female characters, they are just not "strong rrrrrrriot grrrrrls that kick ass".

Eowyn, Luthien, and Galadriel aren't good enough for them. For some weird reason, I can deal with Tauriel, more she-elves isn't a bad thing, the agenda with her to just to have some female presence, but not force into to take over the entire story like with Star Wars.

This and the troll fight in RotK shows you how lucky we were that the movies turned out the way they did.

Yeah Galadriel and Eowyn are strong enough, they just don't get much screentime.

Aragorn is a damn fool for not picking based Éowyn instead of that boring soulless elf bitch

Frodo: "I fancy Strider err I mean I am quite fond of him"

Arwen was hotter and will give his kids god tier elven genes. Eowyn will hit the wall fast and is too lowborn.

>marrying your vassal's cousin

The Arwen story arc was well placed compared to non-romance movies today. Studios now feel the need to push love plot to the front of every movie, even small budget ones.

>boring soulless elf bitch
She has no outstanding psychological issues whatsoever. She just wants to be with him. Literally inhumanly perfect waifu. Meanwhile with Eowyn you still have all these weird power and daddy issues to sort out.

Yeah, Arwen is a direct descendent of Fingolfin, and Finarfin, and her grandmother is Galadriel. Better than some horsefucker.

>share the load

Why would Aragorn risk to flush his Numenorean chad genes away with some horsegirl from the bumfuck nowhere when he can have a high-born top tier she-elf whose great-great mother was a fucking Maia?

>Yeah, Arwen is a direct descendent of Fingolfin, and Finarfin, and her grandmother is Galadriel. Better than some horsefucker.

>Gibbets and crows? Dolt! What is Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll on the floor with the dogs!? The victory at Helm's Deep does not belong to YOU, Theoden, Horsemaster. You are a lesser son of greater sires!

BTFO

What's the deal with the troll fight in rotk?

I wouldnt mind seeing more galadriel fight scenes

Glad to see a LOTR thread that appreciates best girl for once.

The troll Aragorn fights outside the Black Gate was a last minute replacement for Sauron. The movie used to have Sauron walk out and actually duel him but Jackson decided it was going too far and changed it.

Hackson ruined all Galadriel's best moments with that fucked up voice effect.

she was good in the hobbit, all 10 minutes of it.

All the elves were going to leave middle earth so Aragorn gained absolutely nothing politically by marrying Arwen. On the other hand, Rohan was a powerful human kingdom, the most important ally of Gondor. They could have easily questined the legitimacy of the new king. Aragorn must have counted with that and he could have easily avoided it if she married Éowyn. Plus she a cute.

>the troll fight in RotK
What do you mean?

>All the elves were going to leave middle earth so Aragorn gained absolutely nothing politically by marrying Arwen.
Prestige of marrying the elf descendant of many historically significant people including a fucking maia and the most beautiful woman to have ever lived. Also current canonical most beautiful woman alive. That adds a lot.

>They could have easily questined the legitimacy of the new king
But they'd already sworn allegiance to him and Faramir wasn't going to press rulership of Gondor for himself.

>Plus she a cute.
Cute is fine but if you're spending the rest of your life with someone why settle for less than flawless?

The Elves lingered on for centuries in Ithilien and at the havens. Besides, his sons were literally superhumans who conquered the whole known world, I'd say he made the right choice.

sorry didn't read the thread.

girl power soyboys

Aragorn was originally fighting Sauron in front of the Black Gate. They changed him into a troll in post-prod.

That fight scene was embarrassing.

I still don't understand this complaint. Haldir showing up is OC too, but Arwen was actually the elf character established as feeling invested in the fate of men. What fucking difference would it have made if she led the elf army to Helm's Deep? Why is this so much worse than Haldir doing it?

m'lady

because Sup Forums supposedly hates women nowadays

>Arwen fights in a dress at Helm's Deep and then fucks off to do her crying scenes in RotK
Or
>"An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance."

Hmmmm, that had the potential to be awful yet also fantastic. I always thought the troll looked out of place.

It wouldn't have made sense as gandalf states earlier that Sauron can not take physical form.

Glad they came to their senses then.

>I still don't understand this complaint. Haldir showing up is OC too, but Arwen was actually the elf character established as feeling invested in the fate of men. What fucking difference would it have made if she led the elf army to Helm's Deep? Why is this so much worse than Haldir doing it?
It's not in Arwen's character. She's not a big time warrior. It also doesn't make sense geographically. Nor would Elrond ever let her do it.

Even if he could, Sauron's a lead from the rear type in general. Why take the risk, however minimal, when he can just have fun watching his army crush them?

it probably wouldn't be any different, the last hobbit movie was made in 2014

>I always thought the troll looked out of place.
That's a troll of the Gorgoroth and perfectly well placed in kicking muh Kang's ass.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

wasnt she originally supposed to absorb eowyns character and fight the witch king

Don't be so defensive user, I was supporting you
youtube.com/watch?v=5BS0Iz2umhs
1:11 in

also the barrel riding scene from the hobbit was originally going to be used in the lord of the rings but every time they tried to film it there was a storm that destroyed the set.

>also the barrel riding scene from the hobbit was originally going to be used in the lord of the rings
I find this very odd. Sure?

Are you stupid? The books are much more racist and sexist, the movies are just sjw-junk.The

GANDALF IS TURNING THE FRICKIN FROGS GAY

question
at what point did saruman become corrupted ? During the hobbit timeline was he still researching the ring and not telling the council? I remember in the movie he said the necromancer was not of important business, was that true? or was it him not wanting to bring attention to the ring/sauron?

I don't have to imagine thanks to Amazon. I'm sure they won't completely ruin this.

yeah it was talked about in the behind the scenes part of the hobbit, but it had boats instead of barrels.

Around the same time that Smeagol found the one ring.

12 hours of Goldberry getting split in half by Bombadil’s omnipotent tower in front of four sexually revolutionized hobbits.

same retarded tone?
I mean is clear at this point that Lotr was an happy accident

I've heard that but no idea if it's true.

Fucking peasant tier choice, desu.

Frodo lives.

I thank Allah everyday

This isn't fucking GoT. Take your garbage fantasy and gtfo.

Because
>ancient honor compels bygone allies to sacrifice their immortal lives for justice and fidelity
Is infinitely more compelling than
>this chick wants the D and she happens to be our princess so here we are

Frodo would have been a woman.
Gondor would have been a arab realm and Aragorn an arab.
Sam would have been black.
Gandalf would have come back as a woman in Two Towers.
Saruman would have still been played by a white man though.