Saw what you will about the flawed and rushed pace of the later episodes...

Saw what you will about the flawed and rushed pace of the later episodes, the silly way they handled Ashi's death or the logic holes or whatever.

But there's no denying that this shot along with the background music was a perfect send-off to the series.

Agreed. Some things could have been handled better, but all in all I'm happy with the show's ultimate conclusion.

Pretty much.

Overall I really liked this season and I think it's a worthwhile finale to the series. I just wish they'd have had more episodes to pace things out better.

Also they shouldn't have killed off muh waifu.

I feel like Season 5 has justified itself due to several moments just sprinkled throughout.

Plus. That final shot and music que.

It was and I'm happy it's finally over. Not many unfinished things get the opportunity to get looked at and finished for good.

IT'S BEEN SIXTEEN YEARS......

Yep. That walk through the mist was a perfect visual representation of Jack's situation, accompanied by the flowers in bloom. I'm not saying it was brilliant; it was pretty obvious. But damn was it heartbreaking. I've always had a weakness for endings in which the protagonist is all alone; its easy to sympathize with that, Honestly, that last scene just fucked me up, in a good way. It really was a great way to end it all.

it wasnt rushed you fucks.

A little rushed. They had to cram a lot in twenty minutes. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I feel it could have benefited from at least 10 extra minutes.

The pace was rushed, retard. You know what that means, right?

Well, that's because this is what Samurai Jack has always been good at. Artistic shots and cinematography, not some mind blowing sense of writing.

You watch a whole episode of Jack trying to get new sandals, not because it's plot, but because it's fun to see how it's done.

>we still don't know his name

Yep. Legit teared up.
50 fucking years and its all just smoke in his head. But he won.

The last scene was great, the two to three minutes leading up to it was not.

Wedding was sweet as fuck.

Too bad the exposition line of death had to happen.

I just wish I didn't see the Ashi edit. Now I can't unsee it.

nobody post it

Even if Ashi sacrificed herself for everything, at least she lived long enough to see how a world without Aku looks like, the ending couldn't have been better than this.
Also, the entire series was about Jack finding a way to get back home.
This is all we needed

I liked the weeding, but I think it would have been more effective if Ashi disappeared right after Aku's lair exploded. The following 5 minutes could have been interesting. Still, I enjoyed it.

do you?

we had time for the robin hood guy, the xiaoling ayys, ashi dressing up for her marry ceremony, and generic japanese songs.

BUT

we didnt had time for jack hugging his family, or ashi telling him how much he loves him before disappearing from existence, and we totally didnt had time for jack to say good bye and thanks to his friends.

this wasnt rushed, it was terrible conceptualized.

Gotta go back, back to the past, Samurai Jack
Aku kills himself and Jack gets back home

It was okay, but imo there just wasn't enough build up for it. I didn't even really feel sad that Ashi faded away. There just wasn't enough build up for me to feel a sense of pathos. The only person I felt a little bad for was Jack, and at the end he was content with his decision which was why I liked the last shot.

Also Gurren Lagan had more time and did it better

does anyone have the song name?

Pretty much this. It was resolved. Gennedy had to do what he could with 25 minutes, but he wrapped things up.

We saw a world without Aku, Jack happy, and then some somberness. No victory without loss - I think without Ashi the whole thing would've been too sugary sweet.

I'm glad Gennedy got to finish his story.

Anyone wanna summarize the final episode for me? I'm stuck at work.

I'm still looking for something similar to the ending music. Any recs?

There's something really haunting about that melancholy, gentle background music with indistinguishable lyrics hovering above it all.

>Aku prepares to execute Jack on television
>Everyone Jack helped arrive to fight Aku, Jack is freed in the attack.
>Jack tries break through to Ashi
>The power of nakama helps Ashi break free from Aku's control..
>Turns out she has all of Aku's powers.
>She grabs Jack's sword and they jump back through time.
>Arrive right after Aku threw Jack into the future.
>Aku goes down like a bitch.
>Wedding scene.
>Lol no Ashi disappears in the middle of it because time paradox.
>Jack is sad because his one true love died but happy because his quest is finally over.

I went in to this season going "At the bare minimum, it will meet my expectations and I'll be satisfied."
And it definitely did that.

That final episode could've used a little more breathing room.

Thanks. That was actually a little surprising. I thought Jack was gonna be the one to die.

It's funny to see everyone on here praising the final episode when the majority of anons have been bitching about how trash this season was for weeks, and how it would end as trash. As usual, Sup Forums was wrong.

Meh, i disliked it. I really wanted jack to be happier, have a wife, kids, tell stories, etc. The ending was much somber for such a lighthearted series.

I mean, people were still discussing if aku would really die or just be sealed, given how much he was loved by fans.

Bottom line is, our lesson for this day class is don't watch western animation if you don't want to be disappointed, stick to anime and you wont be disappointed as much.

>stick to anime and you wont be disappointed as much

I will deny it, because it sucked. The fact that Sup Forums is going mad trying to find ways to justify this trainwreck of an ending proves that this board has some of the worst taste imaginable.

>hurr its been 16 years so how could it be rushed.

Do you even need two hands to count the number of animus you've seen that had good endings? Because I sure as hell don't.

I don't think OP is trying to justify anything. I also really liked the final shot.