We’re fhe core ships meant to be an early prototype of of the Death Star?

We’re fhe core ships meant to be an early prototype of of the Death Star?

We know the separatists had the planes before handing them over to do Doku. We don’t know how long. They had were in possession of them.

I thought they were just Techno-Union ships. I thought the only reason the Geonosians had Death Star schematics was because the planet had a Sith relic site and they found it there.

Meant to say Trade Federation.

Nah, that was just their aesthetic, also spheres have very high internal volume which I imagine is important to ayyliens who make a living by shipping cargo to and fro.

Nah, they were secretly built from Lucrehulk-class freighters that were actually supposed to be dismantled following their fuck up at the battle of naboo. The Lucrehulks and control ships are from Baktoid, while the Death Star is from Geonosian Industries. Both are owned by the Techno Union. Maybe the Death Star design was slightly influenced by it? Maybe it was just a proven design.

Star Wars isn't for boys anymore.

I like this world-building.

They are deployable commandcenters of some kind

Sure, let's go with that

We'll never see this kind of world building under Disney. I'm so sorry George

You almost got this right. The Lucrehulk-class freighters got retired after the battle of Naboo, but it was Frothnun engineers that were brought in to build the core ships, with assistance from the Githians from the Catta system. Those same Frothnun's ended up being sub-contractors for the Geonisians and likely influenced the Death Stars we saw in the films.

>Muh BALLS!

my bad, I was talking out of my ass a bit there. The ships themselves were by Hoersch-Kessel Drive while the retrofitted droid stuff was from Baktoid Combat Automata

I mean those space droid factories in phantom menace resemblesd the deathstar somewhat, it's not farfetched the geonosians designed both afterall they were factories making their droids

Read this. It describes the construction of the death star perfectly including who was in charge of what, who has the original designs, etc

No, it really doesn't sadly

>disney nu-canon
>tfw they're wasting away lucenos massive autistic eu continuity knawledge and cross-referencing skills
get that shit away from me

The new canon cross references way more than the EU ever did. Especially since there is actually a group of people in charge of looking over it this time around

That ship looks very cool, how realistic would be to have something like that in real life?

You mean because of the sphere?
Because that's it.

I always thought these connect to the "rings" which are stationed in space not unlike how a Jedi Startighter connects to a hyperspace ring

Same

The Core ship is the ball of the Trade Federation battleship. They were forced to remove the ring after the whole Naboo incident. However the Trade Federation made sure they could reconnect as seen here.

Kill yourself shill

That one minute of complete pointlessness cost possibly millions of dollars and wasted hundreds of hours of people's time. Holy shit what a worthless scene.

Did they really think shooting one of those things down was a good idea? It is literally a nuclear bomb if it explodes.

That scene was such a cool idea. It's so satisfying to see those cannons take that thing down as it tries to escape. The prequels could have been way better, man.

It's cool tho.

Not my fault Disney is objectively better

Not very. Space related anything is made to be as efficient and as practical as possible. That thing looks way too aesthetic to be practical.

George loved space ships taking off and landing. Check out how many minutes of Star Wars is just that.

That's what happens when passionate film maker makes a film. You get cool scenes like that that your common pleb won't appreciate. Maybe if they threw in some more jokes and explosions you'd like it more.

Fuck that, mouse shill.

Star Wars: Death Star was better. Even brings up the topic of wookiees with diarrhea. Now THAT'S worldbuulding?

Even if it does (which I doubt is actually possible), it's not worth the investment to get into it because in doing so the reader would have to accept films like The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, as well as Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo movie as part of the timeline. Now unless you actually enjoy the new flicks Disney has put out, then that completely rules you out of their rebooted sphere of continuity. It really is an all or nothing scenario, because the new timeline is forced to include the movies Disney releases. The EU was built during a different time, under a different leadership, under different circumstances. There's a sense of history ingrained into it. It also helps that I actually enjoy I-VI, established works in film and popular culture from the person who's directly responsible for the franchise. Take something like Tales of the Jedi for instance, you obviously can't ever replicate that. It's from different time, it's powerful. It spawned Knights of the Old Republic, which in turn spawn Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords--an all time classic. Then you jump 20 years in time and you got something like Plagueis, a real fucking treat that should not even be possible, but it is. The threads of continuity it weaves together, the amount of stuff it casually references is stupendous.

The thing about the rebooted Disney continuity is that it's really not a direct alternative. It has its audience, but it's a specific audience and one that is also largely still invested into the series as a whole. If you don't subscribe to Kathleens new movie canon, it's unarguably a waste of time. For me, one rotten egg can ruin it all and that rotten egg was EP7. I can't imagine how bad EP8 is. So why should I care how the death star plans are retrieved in Rogue one (a muddled production filled with reshoots and ruined creative vision) when that means that in the very same timeline, you'd get the brilliant ideas of J.J. , Rian and co down the line

5 Disneybucks have been deposited into your account.

This scene is so fucking cool.

EUfags will know what the abandoned industrial building is called at 1:02. It's the LiMerge Building and it's where Darth Maul was also partly trained and where Palpatine already had talks with Dooku before he had even revealed his power level to him. Good shit. Good scene too, very cinematic.

Bait harder.

I don't remember, it's been well over a decade since I watched SW. The problem with that webm is it a minute of pointlessness of showing Dooku leaving, going into space, going to a planet, entering the atmosphere, flying past land, more land, then getting into his safe house. It gives nothing to the viewer that they already knew, Dooku escaped.

Not even bait. Name one thing that was wrong about what I said.

It tickles me that Yoda is the kind of dude to shoot a fleeing enemy in the back

You just don't understand cinéma. Maybe colouring books are more your speed?

Somebody post just ONE scene in any of the recent star wars movies that looks this good.

>core ships
Now I have a question. Is the Ring capable of going into Hyperspace without the Sphere?

My favorite ps2 game

I think the ring might be useless without the sphere.

Are you thinking about whether or not the ring needs to draw additional power from the sphere in order to make the jump to hyperspace? No idea, but the sphere itself doesn't have a hyperdrive

The death star reveal in rogue 1 was pretty great.

Well. I got the impression that the commmand deck was on the Sphere. So, maybe there's a battle bridge on the ring. Or perhaps the chief engineer can go into Hyperspace.

It would be strange if the Ring couldn't . Not to mention a real Achilles heel for the type of ship.

>2 round things are same!

Star Wars isn't for anyone anymore

Most of the ring is hanger space for the landing ships and a reactor. Also I think the weapons are primarily on the ring as well.

>here, have this Disney book

Nyet, Star Wars is fine.

>Especially since there is actually a group of people in charge of looking over it this time around

I don't trust the Story Group and neither should you.

>why should I care how the death star plans are retrieved in Rogue one

We'll always have Toprawa.