Someone adapting or adding to my story

>someone adapting or adding to my story
>reeee it has already gotten told tell your own story
>my most famous stories? Well I stole all of ditko's shit and adapted it, I stole a bunch of literary characters and adapted it, I stole marvel man and adapted it, I stole the story of jack the ripper and adapted it
Why is it a huge fucking reee for him that before watchmen, watchmen the movie, and rebirth watchmen happen (and I assume he hates the shit out of pax america). But fine for him to steal all of Ditko's shit to write watchmen in the first place?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2015/nov/12/alan-moore-donates-10000-to-help-friend-bring-his-african-wife-to-the-uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think what Moore says is more about affirming his public persona than what he really believes.

>for what purpose

Hey, look, one of the butthurt Johns/Morrison fans from the Watchmen thread started his own!

Like every lefty SJW.

Fuck you, Johnsfags are insecure cunts. Moore is right, savagers of others creativity are just pathetic. There's nothing original in rebirth. Before watchmen problem was that it was bad and shitty and lacked real talent, pax americana is fantastic, but rebirth it's just a stupid comercial gimmick

He didn't steal Ditko's characters. They're pastiches, sure, but capeshit is full off rip offs and the "creators" make a lot of money off of this. Stop acting like a faggot, I don't even like Watchmen much but Moore is in the right and DC is in the wrong. And Geoff Johns is a creatively bankrupt racoon.

Morrison has come out and said that adding to Watchmen is a stupid idea because it's a complete story.

lol heil hitler amirite XD I'm so edgy

DC You was horrible, Superman was nearly unreadable (and a BLM activist), Gordon was Batman in a robot rabbit suit.

DC Rebirth fixed that. I don't want originality if it is shit.

How is the lantern color corps wars any different than Moore taking Ditko's charliton characters (and he only made proxies because halfway through writing they told him he couldn't use the originals) to write watchmen?

Morrison and Johns way to approach things are extremely different, pax Americana it's pure creativity, a reinvention and experimented and pushed for even more than the original watchmen. Rebirth has Manhattan comparing his way to see the world with a puppet seeing his own strings and the 3x3 paneling... It's pathetic. Moore was wrong about blackest night, but Morrison didn't want to get involved in before watchmen, both Morrison and Moore share the same feeling that the industry is lazy and lacks creativity. There's no difference between civil war 2 and the button.

Look, if anything, I'm talking about Morrison fans, not Morrison. But it's not even that, I'm talking about the discussion that developed in the Watchmen thread, where some Johns and Morrison fans are butthurt that there's a bunch of people who agree with Moore so one of them started this to shit on Moore.

Bullshit, he didn't even wanted to use Charlton's that was dc's idea and came later, casual

That's a false dichotomy though.

Morrison fans side with moore, mandrak was a prediction of how Johns would act.

Why ?
I legit didn't see your point here.

Not talking about rainbow lanterns. Talking about Johns integrating Watchmen into the DCU and write a kind of sequel with them that he calls "the most personal thing I've ever written". Like it or not, Rorschach, Ozymandias and all those guys are Moore's characters just like how every rip off and Superman pastiche is someone's character.

I don't disagree that DCYou was shit, but that doesn't mean I want more regurgitated garbage from Johns.

Reminder that DC has tried more than several times to make amends for Alan Moore and he refused every time. All he wants to do is worship his retarded statue and bitch about Margaret Thatcher in the current years.

The problem isn't borrowing ideas, the problem is ownership.

When Moore writes Watchmen, or 1963, or Supreme, he doesn't claim ownership of Ditko's characters, or Kirby's characters, or Siegel and Shuster's characters.

When Moore writes From Hell, or Lost Girls, or LoEG, he doesn't claim ownership of Alice, or Jack the Ripper, or Captain Nemo.

He borrows characters, but he makes it clear that they aren't his. He makes it clear that his stories aren't the "true" stories, because those characters belong to someone else. It's just an imaginary story. Aren't they all?

In contrast, Marvel and DC don't borrow. DC and Marvel steal. They take ownership and control of ideas created by other people, and they restrict the creators' access to their own creations. This is why Moore criticizes them.

Is this fair? "They signed a contract", you might say. But remember, DC signed a contract with Moore, and then DC violated the contract to screw Moore over. And then DC suffered zero consequences for violating the contract. How is that fair?

Watchmen was an original take. Rebirth could have Krona or monarh as the bad guy and nothing would change. Only a retard would think that watchmen is about dispair or to blame for dark comics. Not only you need to be a casual for that but actually stupid ans really really young. Johns isn't that, rebirth uses Manhattan becouse WB asked for him, nothing more, it's not becouse lack of hope or any meta shit. For fucks sake Johns wrote Flashpoint, he has a long history of he dindu noffin, with Hal Jordan first, and now with Barry, if there's a meta in the story is just that Johns is blaming others for shit he was doing, him, Lee and didio are the father's of n52, the hired guns of the executives.

this could very easily be used for someone's /tg/ character.
He looks like he would be a nice Warlock or Wizard.

>Reminder that DC has tried more than several times to make amends
No they haven't.

After DC violated their contract with Moore, there's only one way to make amends: Give him the rights to Watchmen.

As long as they won't do that, they really aren't making any serious attempt.

I once spoke to him on the phone without even realising. He's very well spoken and polite. I always thought he'd sound like a nutter.

>Like it or not, Rorschach, Ozymandias and all those guys are Moore's characters

They are Ditko's characters, not fucking Moores. What about the league of extraordinary gentlemen? Are those Moore's characters?

In every video interview, he comes off as a very friendly and genial fellow.

This media narrative of him as a bitter angry sourpuss is pushed on us by two large corporations with large marketing budgets who have a vested interest in keeping the comics community unsympathetic to his causes.

I was right about to say that he looks like a tree

lol, fuck drumpf right, fuck problematic shitlords need to educate themselves XD I'm so moral and better than everyone

He is a fucking douche about Ditko.

Johnsfags should neck themselves

Moore includes rape in almost all of his stories he's hardly an sjw

>Ozymandias
>based on Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt
>created by Peter Morisi
Apologize for your ignorance and then shut up, you fucking casual.

When a character isn't in the public domain and Moore doesn't have a license to use it, then Moore doesn't use that character. He uses a pastiche of that character. The original belongs to the owner, but the pastiche is a Moore character.

When a character *is* in the public domain, then it belongs to EVERYONE. Including Moore. He's a member of the public, after all.

Learn the law.

So Moore is pathetic himself?

You know who else includes rape in almost all of their stories?
The Lifetime network.

Those are not the characters from Ditko. And the story didn't started with the Charlton characters either you casual. Stop pretending you had ever touched a Charlton comic. Watchmen and watchmen impact its tied to Moore's name, his story has nothing to do with the characters he based the archetypes. Rorschach is the only one that is really tied t a previous character and is still extremely well developed.

He thinks Before and Rebirth are stupid because he told an EXTREMELY self-contained story and carefully constructed story, and he thinks digging into it for more content is pretty emblematic of how the big two are cannibalizing themselves to keep going.

He thinks the movie is stupid because he thinks comics are every bit as high an art as movies or books, and if you do a comic that pushes the medium as far as it will go any adaptation will be fundamentally flawed because it's a different medium. Less "you can't possibly adapt this" and more "why are you people acting like it's a great compliment to have a comic turned into a movie? Stop acting like movies are a higher artform."

I concur with his analysis.

Is is a dumb American that has no concept of left.

Oh look another retard who didn't actually read Action Comics. Why do you pretend to even care about comics? Just go shitpost on facebook about niggers or something, leave the actual readers alone you colossal faggot.

DC didn't violate the contract. Watchman is owned by them as long as it remains in print was my understanding. If I'm wrong let me know. Marvel and DC do not steal, the hire creators to create for them and creators have plenty of avenues to create and also own those creations. This is why there aren't any good new ideas in big 2 comics today but that's for another thread.

Fair enough.

Do you actually believe between Moore and Johns the pathetic one is moore?

>If I'm wrong let me know.
The contract states that they have to pay Moore royalties for all merchandise.

Right away, they manufactured and sold Watchmen buttons but refused to pay Moore royalties.

They violated the contract.

Worse he's someone who doesn't even read comics, he's just here to inject his political crusade into everything. I wish people like that (regardless of side) would just drop dead.

>night owl isn't 100% based off of Ditko's beetle
>Rorschach isn't just Mr A./the Question made slightly more insane

You said that Ozymandias is based on a Ditko character.

Why are you still posting instead of closing the tab and crawling away in shame?

I read the whole trash.
Evil white cops (with Black evil goo) attack the peacefull part Metropolis who still like superman despite him being an alien. And all the tolerant people are mostly minority.

Superman Thruth needed New52 to die to retcon it.

Moore is rich, if he Wanted to sue DC he could, and there was a case you can be damn sure he would, making a big stink doing it. He's full of shit, and pipes his crap so his loyal drones will do exactly what you're doing

Funny you say he is friendly, as he burned bridges with most of his old time friends.

>in before his old friends were Big Two cogs so they deserved it

Not denying the idea he is a nice person, but I've read too many stories he is rather easy to piss off and cut off ties with people for that reason.

Moore doesn't like to use the courts. He believes that people should act morally and ethically on their own, without being forced to do so by the legal system.

DC is even richer and they're the ones who violated the contract. Why do you choose to spend your free time rushing to defend their contract violations?

They both can be pathetic retard. Please remove your infantile black and white mindset.
"Savagers of other people's creativity are pathetic"
LEG alone puts Moore in the pathetic category, but frankly anyone who's written in shared universe capes is pathetic here too.

I just don't believe Moore, he has a history of lying (see: the Morrison feud). Why do you rush to defend rich assholes, the exact same thing you chastise me for?

Are Thanos and Apocalypse Jack Kirby's characters?

>Not denying the idea he is a nice person
Indeed, he's a very nice person who takes good care of his friends.

Imagine someone else in the comics industry doing something like this.
theguardian.com/books/2015/nov/12/alan-moore-donates-10000-to-help-friend-bring-his-african-wife-to-the-uk

Or what he did with Mick Anglo, declining all profits for himself to make sure that Anglo and his family receive their fair share.

He values friendship more than money, and he shuns people who feel the reverse.

Oh no only 4 of the 6 principle characters were stolen from ditko with the other 2 being also stolen

>l-law is what defines creativity!
Fucking pathetic

Kek, stealing and fucking up creators is a extremely long practice

Even a guy that draws heavily from the work of other authors can see that Marvel and DC have turned into a sick ouroboros, rehashing the same tired shit over and over while keeping decades-old characters on life support, and its bad for the medium.

The guy who made thanos said he ripped off Kirby. It is like saying 90% of Liefield's characters aren't him ripping off teen titans and xmen

If it wasn't true then DC would issue a denial.

Morrison is also a known liar. He's also the one who started the feud. He was shittalking Moore in his articles and interviews.
> Keeping all the self-awareness outside the story, we used interviews and forewords to admit to our sources. In them we praised creative theft and plagiarism, quoted the French playwright Antonin Artaud and sneeringly suggested that the likes of Watchmen were pompous, stuffy, and buttock-clenchingly dour. The shock tactics I’d brought with me from the music world, delivered with the snotty whippet-thin snideness of the hipster, had helped me carve out a niche for myself as comics’ enfant terrible, and Steve was happy to play along as the handsome nice one with nothing controversial to say.
You think Grant ever apologized for going on the attack against this total stranger? Funny how you keep taking the wrong side.

>be proven wrong about something
>never reexamine your own position
>never question yourself about whether you've been operating under mistaken assumptions regarding anything else
Wew.

>Apology for stating his opinion
At least Morrison admitted that he was at fault for thrash talking and was a shit in his youth.

Do you have any idea how many times Shakespeare used characters other people created?

Neither do I, I never bothered counting. But it was a lot.

The whole concept of public domain and copyright law is a bit silly. Okay sure, let creators own things exclusively for long enough that they can make profit from their ideas, but eventually it SHOULD be fair game for other creators to step in and go "okay but how about we take those ideas and play with them a little?"

A massive number of sci-fi concepts were basically lifted from Edison's Conquest of Mars which, in turn, was a badly-written "unauthorized sequel" to War of the Worlds.

There was that one interview where he called Ayn Rand a facist. I understand that she was batshit insane ancap autistic but why do they always have to call people they don't like facist?

It wasn't even his opinion. He liked Watchmen. He just pretended to hate it for attention. In short, he's a liar.

He needs to apologize to Moorcock too.
>1970s Morrison: This character isn't based on Moorcock's character.
>1980s Morrison: That character wasn't based on Moorcock's character. Maybe I based him on Ballard's character...?
>1990s Morrison: Yeah, I lied, he was based on Moorcock's character all along. LOL.
>current Morrison: Gee, why doesn't Moorcock like me?

I enjoy LEG, I just think it's hypocritical to call DC creatively bankrupt for using on Moore's work but praise Moore for using the PD characters.

Because LoEG is public domain characters and pastiche characters. Nothing is stolen by Moore from the original writers.

The ownership of Watchmen is stolen from Moore.

>67 posts
>1 File

He's not talking about the legal aspect. He's talking about the creative one. Both are using characters they didn't create to tell stories. Both are "creatively bankrupt".

>Both are using characters they didn't create to tell stories. Both are "creatively bankrupt".
One is borrowing/sharing, one is stealing.

That's the line that he draws in the sand. You may not like the line, but you have to respect that he follows his own line.

I always laugh at the way Morrison talks shit about people that do "grimdark" takes on beloved characters.

I read Dare.

He wrote a "reimagining" of a major English comic book superhero, where the hero is getting VERY LITERALLY anally raped by the "evil triumphant" villain and the only solution is a Watchmen style "nuke everything and hope that more humans than invaders survive" way out.

Like... you don't get to talk, Grant.

Sure, because DC doesn't have a history of lying and treating their workers as shit.

He might be left wing, but he's not a SJW. Those things aren't mutually inclusive. Or do you think Hillary Clinton and her fanbase are actually left wing?

Morrison says that his entire career in comics has been rape-free.

Therefore, the comic you are describing doesn't exist. You must have imagined it.

He was bitching about Johns and the GL shit not because Johns was stealing, but because Moore said Johns must have no creativity if he is talking Moore's old GL stuff and expanding on it.

Yeah, but he also screwed Stephen Bissette when they were working on 1963, and mostly because Bissette said something about Moore in an interview that rubbed Moore off the wrong way.

What I was trying to say in my other post he is a nice guy, but he did shit on some of his old friends over petty things too.

>Imblying he gives a fuck
Old man is now too busy doing wizard magic shit like zapping motherfuckers. Some blue guy in a speedo is not important.

He is literally a practicing occultist IRL.

Aside from possibly Neil, I don't think Alan's on speaking terms with anybody he knew back in the 80s and early 90s. Moore's a great writer, and DC in the 80s did fuck him over, but he does really like to burn bridges at the drop of a hat.

> Morrison, the guy who wrote ZOIDS comics, talking about creative integrity.

DC is not in the wrong. They own the characters. Learn how life works before you go around embarrassing yourself with such statements.

This post is communist propaganda. DC and Marvel simply follow the rules in the contracts that were signed between them and the creators of these characters. The artists and writers agree to the companies owning the characters when they sign their contracts. There is no theft going on here.

This has been contested by DC actually. They've always claimed that they gave away the Watchmen buttons as promotional items and some comic book stores started selling them without them knowing about it. Moore thought they were full of shit, and they might be, but who knows.

>This media narrative of him as a bitter angry sourpuss is pushed on us by two large corporations with large marketing budgets who have a vested interest in keeping the comics community unsympathetic to his causes.
It's also really easy to do this when all of his quotes make him sound like an asshole once you remove context and his vocal delivery.

>DC and Marvel simply follow the rules in the contracts that were signed between them and the creators of these characters.
But they don't. DC violated the contract with Moore. They refused to pay him royalties that the contract mandates they pay.

So fuck off with your corporatist propaganda, please.

Incorrect.

DC says that they're "promotional" items, but DC never gave them away. The price ($4.95) is part of the original package, not added on by the store. See .

>he has a history of lying
No he doesn't. And everything he said about Morrison was proven correct.

He didn't screw Bissette at all. He didn't write the 1963 finale because the Image creators couldn't agree on a storyline. It's not Moore's responsibility to provide him with a living.

>because Bissette said something about Moore in an interview that rubbed Moore off the wrong way.
The thing is that we don't know what Bissette said. Maybe he called him a faggot and Moore had all the reasons in the world to be pissed off. The fact that Bissette says he doesn't even remember what it was sounds fishy to me.

Anyone can read the interview. He basically blames Moore for the 1963 finale never coming out and is angry about it because he needed the money. He then went on to call Moore "erratic" or something.

But isn't Moore pissed off at what he supposedly said at another interview?

No I think it was that one. I could be mistaken though.

Nah it's probably true. I had an LCS try to sell me a free promo Green Lantern ring once. I threatened to rat them out to DC and they cut the shit very fast, I can tell you.

What about

Your arguing in circles, it's pathetic

Im not going down the rabbit hole of that feud but you're wrong.

How dare an artist want his work to be left alone.

Fucking hell, you faggots are literal cancer.

Hi, Alan.

Morrison based 1 character on Moorcock's work, and now Moorcock says that everything Morrison has ever done is a rip off of his work.