So

So.

Who was THE ONE MAN who was prophesied to defeat him and use his time portal?

No. Aku is not a man.

It was Jack still, it's just that the prophecy was wrong.

Jack of the present uses it after he becomes Emperor (king).

It doesn't really matter if he's not a man. Aku is a celestial being who was able to overcome demigods and prophecies. He can be a lazy fuck, but when properly motivated he can destroy entire planets.

What if the one man is the one that killed the guardian and portal? The one man was just never shown.

retconned
rushed ending

A guy Aku hired to look like an older Jack.

What if King Jack did happened but it happened during the 50 years between season 4 and 5?

Really activates your almonds, doesn't it?

That's what I believe. That someone did manage to defeat the Guardian and use the portal. Later Aku came and destroyed the portal and maybe killed the Guardian too if he was still alive.

The Jack who got sent to the Aku-less future

That.....actually makes sense

GENNDY, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD

>That's what I believe
There's literally no evidence or reason to believe that.

>this delusion to force yourself to like a shit show ridden with plot-holes

Sad!

There's also no evidence that refutes the possibility that that is just what happened.
It's a hypothesis. No need to get all flustered about it.

Prophecies are fortune cookie nonsense

I'm... not flustered?
And, the fact that we literally see Jack in the prophecy is evidence to the contrary.

Except the Guardian says, "You can't use it yet, Samurai Jack. Not yet. Not yet." So "that man" was indeed supposed to be Jack.

So it was Jack, but it's the Jack that travels to the Aku-less future, like suggests?

Maybe. Except King Jack looks riddled with battle. What battle would be going on if the new future is Aku free?

Well, people are still dicks.

Probably King Jack still needs to stop the portal, but to prevent like a evil human conqueror from ravaging Japan or the like.

Eh. It's not like the world was perfect without Aku.
Just much better.

I guess so. So I think we can assume King Jack = the Jack that got sent to the Akuless future.

I fielded that idea, but why exactly would Jack go to the future now? We're in a single timeline, so we know that Aku's future never happened. Even if the people of the future all still lived but happier and safer, Ashi wouldn't have been there. Is he just going to search anyway? Because he has nothing left? A permanent stranger no matter where he goes? I dunno.

Now the question is whether Jack is still immortal because of time shenanigans, and whether the two Samurais that now exist within the same timeline will live long enough to meet each other in the future.

So, that jack got bad and slaved future, thats why it took a whole mounth for ashi to desapear.
6TH SEASON IS JACK GOING TO THE FUTURE TO FIGHT KING JACK, TO SAVE ASHI.

>92584960
This is like that one arc from Star Trek

Well, no. I think not? King Jack looked more aged than Jack ever did before.

Now the Guardian just looks like an asshole who prolonged the suffering of everyone on earth because of a prophecy that wasn't even correct to begin with.

What if the Jack who got sent to the Aku-less universe turns evil. Like he would arrive in the future, and after getting his bearings, he discovers some other "jack" back in the past up and took his place and "defeated" Aku. Now this jack also wants to get back, but to defeat this doppelganger who took his place.

The jack that defeated Aku would be seen as a hero though, and peoples would want to stop him from completing his quest so he doesn't mess with the future that jack created. This jack would become a warlord searching for time portals, teaming up with criminals who hate the good world the original Jack created.

I mean, it might have been correct about Jack, but it doesn't stop someone outside from interfering by not playing by the rules. Aku broke that wish-granting gem under similar circumstances, magical premonition or no.

How hard the Guardian must have fought, too, to preserve that lifeline of hope.

Two options

1. The gods gave the Guardian that false prophecy because they thought it would be funny.

2. Aku was the one in the prophecy, and he used the time portal. As a buttplug. Which broke it.

Gennedy just forgot.
Plain and simple.

Perhaps in the intervening years, Jack challenged the Guardian again, and then beat him, but Aku showed up, destroyed the portal and killed the Guardian. he did say he destroyed "the last one in existance" so it's not too farfetched.

What if King Jack happened 50 years after he returned to the past?

Clearly didn't forget when he literally showed his demise and the broken portal.

All it was is he didn't want to write himself into a corner and force himself to use something he set up a decade ago without too much thought.
Ironically if he did it probably would have been better lel. Imagine Episode 9 just being a kickass fight between Guardian and Jack. Season 5 really lacked those outside of Episode 3.

Why not aak Gennedy?

Jack already used it in the past while he was going trough his grunge king phase but contrivances made it that he was only transported several days back.

This. I'm almost certain it's intended to be this way.

Nothing about the ending retconned anything.

The prophecy still has the potential to happen.

Jack is back in the past...a past before Aku would have even killed the Guardian.

Therefore, the Guardian exists with his time portal.

Jack is still alive, he can grow into King Jack in the past.

The prophecy was shown via the magic time portal. It shows JACK'S future. And Jack's future is now going to take place in the past.

And since "magic, ain't gotta explain it" there is no reason a time portal cannot show a future from an alternate past.

lol shut the fuck up

Speaking of retcons, was anyone else pissed off that they made the wishing well from the Blind Archers episode Aku's doing? Aku wasn't even mentioned in that episode and it was neat to have an evil force that WASN'T Aku, like the minions of Set. But all of a sudden the well is just Aku for absolutely no reason. It doesn't add anything at all

No we can't.

Samurai Jack.

Except the prophecy was broken/failed/was false the whole time. Shit happens, deal with it.

He didn't forget he just didn't care.

>50 years after
>still in feudal Japan times
>there's a time portal and the Guardian exists
You people are idiots.

It was black pool of evil. Being Aku made a lot of sense.

>No. Aku is not a man.
Neither did he use the portal. Loopholes ftw.

lol shut the fuck up

It was Jack, he just never got a chance to do it.

The prophecy showed Jack riding the creature.

Shut up. Genndy just didn't care.

Like Vitruvius from the Lego Movie, the Time Portal made up the prophecy.

The Guardian says he's protected the portal for "countless eons".

Also, "feudal Japan times" does not, in any way, mean there can't be a time portal somewhere in the world; clearly mystical and magical things happen in this world. Like Aku, who makes time portals.

>it was a black pool so therfore it was Aku

Demongo and the Minions of Set are also black, but they aren't Aku. It was a pointless retcon that added nothing to the story.

So if the prophecy was made for Jack after he went to the past and killed Aku to get his "good" ending, why would he be all battle scarred and looking for a time portal?

lol shut the fuck up

Defeating Aku doesn't defeat all the evil of the world.

Has nobody considered the possibility of Aku destroying the portal right after Jack beats him?

>and looking for a time portal

This is the important part.

I always assumed Aku made Demongo since he had the skull with Demongo's essance.

But then it turns out Aku never had any other kids so Ashi could be special. Which just raises the question of why there are two guys that look like that lying around.

Few creators of Western cartoons care even a fraction as much as manga writing hacks when it comes to that coherent story business. You may as well be arguing about plot holes in Pokemon.

An eon doesn't have a number representation. And we don't actually know how far the Aku future is.

>It was black pool of evil. Being Aku made a lot of sense.
hu, now that i think about it the connection was probably made to foreshadow the daughters being "aku's doing". they are pretty similar situations

That scene was pure kino.

I didn't say otherwise. I only pointed out that nothing about the Guardian's story makes it unreasonable to think he existed long, long ago.

the aku-less future is jack doing laundry with johnny bravo

Maybe it was still Jack, but it was future Jack the immortal who waited 5000 years to meet his lover?

Aku's put his Akugoo in other things before, like the Ultrabots. Demongo could have been the result of that, or he could just be another weird mystical creature like the hundreds that existed in SJ's universe.

It all comes together in the end.

Holy shit.. That makes sense.

There's at least two different timelines on SJ now.

we need a new show

But an Aku-less future is the OG PPG world.

Wheres the Jack and PPG teamup?

>stereotypical european king in feudal japan

and that is part Jack starts to create perfect girls after Ashi.......oh wait.

Demongo is Ash Ketchum corrupted by power. Pokemon and Samurai Jack used to exist in the same universe, then Aku destroyed the Pokemon planet and took Ash to his world

Except why would Jack get that fucking old in the Aku-less future if there are portals scattered everywhere including the guardian portal. That's stupid as fuck because if it were true Jack wouldn't waste time becoming a king in that timeline, he'd head to the closest portal and go back to the past with little to no resistance sense Aku doesn't exist.

Jack, obviously.
The prophecy accounted for "One man defeating him and using the portal"
Aku didn't use the portal, and he isn't a man
So he killed him and smashed it. Prophecy BTFO

>Jack 2 gets sent to the aku-less future
>Jack 1 is back in the past, having killed Aku
>Jack 2 gets back to the past
>Jack 1 is already there

The ultimate possible ending would have been:

>Ashi is dead
>Jack is having his sad moment
>looks up suddenly and smiles
>rides miles out into the desert
>among a circle of fallen warriors, sees a dark cloaked figure
>he turns around
>it's the Guardian, and behind his silhouette is a small time portal
>he speaks
>"Samurai... it's time"
>WACHA

and then the episode can end in any way you want

>he saves Ashi outside of time so she Jack can come for her
I'll allow it

I'd rather they just spent the last episode having Jack fight The Guardian again, make that the big fight instead of Aku since without Mako they can't do him justice, The Guardians potentially badass enough to fill in.

Then through the portal, re-play the original Jack getting sent to the future moment, then future-Jack porting back in to a "WHAT?!" from Aku WACHA

This.

LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND
I, JACK-2, THE TIME SHIFTING SHOGUN OF JAPAN UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE JUSTICE
BUT A YOUNGER SAMURAI WARRIOR WIELDING A MAGIC SWORD ATTEMPTED IT BEFORE ME
BUT BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK HIS FOE TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND FLUNG HIM INTO THE FUTURE WHERE MY EXISTENCE IS LAW
NOW THE FOOL SEEKS TO RETURN TO THE PAST AND UNDO THE PRESENT THAT IS JACK-2

And he finds it very easy to do since theres nobody destroying time portals in the future.

plenty of people are realizing that the guardian is alive in Jack's past.

not necessarily, the portal and guardian may have only come into existence midway through Aku's reign. But either way the point is showing the audience.

>You see samurai, only one man has been prophesized to defeat me. And that man is the only man who can use this time passage.

Does Aku count as a man????????????????

>Guardian resembles Morpheus from The Matrix
>in The Matrix, there is also a prophesy that a chosen one will save everyone
>but the prophesy is a fabrication by the machines

GENNDY=POTTERY. IT RHYMES

He's going to use it to travel forward. The guardian never said someone would use it to travel back.

quick don't die

>Speaking of retcons, was anyone else pissed off that they made the wishing well from the Blind Archers episode Aku's doing?
Yeah, I had the same reaction. I always thought that it helped make the world more believable when the show's world had mythological elements outside of Aku's influence.

The man was Jack. But Aku altered events so it could not happen.

It's not the first time Aku has fucked with fate.

Right.

You guys are forgetting the episode from season one where Aku prevents his own prophecy (Jack using a magic jewel to go back in time).