Exactly what right did he have to kill hundreds of billions of people? Life with aku was worse than no life at all...

Exactly what right did he have to kill hundreds of billions of people? Life with aku was worse than no life at all? Then why did he bother saving anyone the whole time?

Aku got jack to kill billions of innocents. He won. When Jack struck down Aku in the past he should have been possessed by him, because no act of Aku's was ever as evil as jack's selfish desire.

This show is for children.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1UF71GrWFVQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam
imgur.com/a/uKk6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Rewriting history is now killing people

Is Sup Forums too retarded to understand the idea of time travel? Even the most basic principle of it?

Pretty much, I think there was even a survey done that ranked boards in terms of average intelligence, and Sup Forums was (rightfully) ranked as one of the dumbest.

Ignoring everything to to with the show and possible trolling, it seems like there really are some people that don't grasp the concepts of time travel.

Oh please do explain a nonexistent fantasy trope.

You realize that most of Jack's friends died fighting Aku anyway, right?

And that their lives were absolutely horrible under Aku?

>inb4 "It wasn't THAT bad!"

That's because Aku was in a state of depression. If Jack let Aku win, I guarantee things would get a lot worse.

Also, they're still going to live in he future. They weren't alive because of Aku.

You're actually a twat.

Lower or higher than Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums?

>time travel objectively exists

Holy fuck you people really don't know the difference between reality and fiction. Time travel is impossible.

>Implying there aren't time travelers RIGHT NOW
>Implying you would know about the alterations they made to the past because those changes become our knowledge of history
>Implying they don't retroactively silence any public knowledge of it

>You realize that most of Jack's friends died fighting Aku anyway, right?
>And that their lives were absolutely horrible under Aku?

So why did he save them if he knew their lives were worthless?

>Also, they're still going to live in he future. They weren't alive because of Aku.
yes they absolutely were. Without Aku's influence millions of people wouldn't be brutally subjugated and who is born and who isn't is completely different than the world without Aku. Most of the people jack meets were only on earth because of aku's influence in the universe.

Thanks for confirming you're a nutcase.

I don't remember where we were in comparison to Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums, but we were right behind Sup Forums IIRC.

Nothing said in any of those posts implied that we don't know the difference between reality or fiction.

Assuming any objective rules for time travel is fantasy. Time travel is impossible.

Everything sans people and creatures directly born from Aku will eventually be born in a new future again but without Aku's reign and without meeting Jack. And had he not spent the whole series helping the denizens of the Aku future, nobody would've been there to help him in the final battle. He showed selflessness and so did the others in return when he needed it.

How fucking dense are you?

>So why did he save them if he knew their lives were worthless?

.... What?

The Scotsman never died because he never fought Aku.
The orc army never died because they never had to fight Ashi.

Maybe some characters never existed or their people never came to Earth because of the change in history, but many of them are not only alive in the future but living in a better, more peaceful world(s).

I was pretty bothered about how the time-travel thing worked out.
Hear me out on this; the paradox created by any minor alteration in the past (see chaos theory) would make the linear, single universe thought on time travel impossible. Would it make more sense just to say that by traveling backwards in time, one would just create a new universe that would split off from the other at the moment that one re-entered the past? This way, nobody ceases to exist (or never existed at all, rather). In this case, Jack would just disappear from his original universe, basically leaving Aku to reign over it forever, while creating a new universe where Aku is defeated much earlier. Is Jack a hero for creating a universe without Aku, or a selfish jerk for leaving the other one behind?

>So why did he save them if he knew their lives were worthless?

Because Jack is a good person. That's his character, it's why he can use the sword. If he turned his back on people and became cold hearted, it most likely would've abandoned him.

>Most of the people Jack meets were only on earth because of Aku's influence in the universe.

And what kind of life would that be, being born into a universe completely dominated by a cruel ruler that thinks of you as an insect? These alternate people can live their own lives now, without fear of him. I don't know if you forgot Episode 5, where those alien criminals were smuggled to cause havoc on a helpless village.

Aku was ruining people's lives and craved only evil. Life would undeniably be better if he never existed.

To kill someone that someone must have first been born.

You can't kill someone who never existed to begin with.

>Everything sans people and creatures directly born from Aku will eventually be born in a new future again but without Aku's reign and without meeting Jack

There is absolutely no reason to believe this. How fucking dense are you to just assume this?

Even if the people in the new future are no longer the people he fought with, they will be in a free world. A better world. I'm sure they would be fine in this sacrifice considering they all willingly marched to what would most likely be their deaths to free Jack and put an end to Aku.

And nobody was assuming objective rules for time travel, or talking about how it would function in reality, did you need us to type that the discussion of time travel was on how it worked in a FICTIONAL show called Samurai Jack so you could understand?

Jesus, OP. You can't kill something which doesn't exist.

Stop. You're wrong. It's not "maybe some characters". It's "literally every mortal character".

Aku's dominion over the world was absolute and all-encompassing. Absolutely every normal character in the future would never have been born if not for Aku's influence. The only characters that get a pass are ancient magical creatures like the Guardian.

Because it's an open ending and I'm an optimistic person. If I want to be hopeful of the new future Jack laid out for Earth I don't see a problem in that. You can be bitter and assume that all of it was for nothing and Genndy is a hack though.

So if you kill a random dude and then fuck a girl so she gets pregnant do you think that cancels out your murder?

Killing Aku in the future would also have resulted in a free world.

He arbitrarily decided to wipe out every living thing in the Aku timeline. And he did it without even pausing to consider the moral implications.

Genndy had 16 fucking years to figure out how to address this, and we got an "eh whatever" with Jack never giving the morality a thought.

His goal was to change the future and revoke their existence. Why help something that doesn't exist?

So your parents would meet if one of their parents had died in an accident before they had a kid?

Or does every event in history need to play out exactly as it has for you to exist? Maybe you just watch a lot of shitty fiction that ignores causality in time travel.

>Because Jack is a good person. That's his character, it's why he can use the sword. If he turned his back on people and became cold hearted, it most likely would've abandoned him.
That's exactly what he did by destroying the future where they existed.

>And what kind of life would that be, being born into a universe completely dominated by a cruel ruler that thinks of you as an insect? These alternate people can live their own lives now, without fear of him. I don't know if you forgot Episode 5, where those alien criminals were smuggled to cause havoc on a helpless village.
If you value non-existence more than a life of suffering then you better check out now, you coward.

>Aku was ruining people's lives and craved only evil. Life would undeniably be better if he never existed.
Not for the people whose existence directly resulted from Aku's influence in the universe. Fuck, we don't even know how many people outside of earth were effected. Trillions are dead. I bet jack won't have those ghosts bothering him, he couldn't give a shit less about anyone other than himself.

Well Genndy is a hack for not showing this stuff. What is presented in the show is Jack either sacrificing or abandoning everyone in the future.

When you decide to stay in bed another five minutes in the morning you're killing everyone in the failed universe where you got up on time. Who gives a shit?

Look at the first three replies. Faggots gotta fag.

>Is Sup Forums too retarded to understand the idea of time travel?
Yes.

And what about the trillions of people you would be "murdering" if you chose not to create a new timeline?

People that would undeniably be able to lead better, easier, and more productive lives than those under the rule of Aku.

Aku interfered with the natural order of things, life can develop fine without him.

>Absolutely every normal character in the future would never have been born if not for Aku's influence

Headcanon. Why would the Woolies or those underwater frog people never exist without Aku? At most you could say they would have never ended up on Earth but they would still be living on their home planets.

The world was a shithole riddled with centuries of Aku's destruction and countless monstrosities and villains ruling over it again because of Aku.
Not the same thing. He didn't kill anyone besides Aku. For all we know, countless other would be friends were snuffed out because of Aku and in his abscence more lineages and species will flourish without him being around anymore.

>what right did Jack have
..... divine right? Did you miss that part?

I feel like we don't need to be spoonfed this though. We're big boys. We can piece this stuff together ourselves.

I guess he also missed the part where Aku revealed Jack's backstory to the entire world via broadcast

"Now the fool seeks to return to the past and UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU!"

And the people STILL rallied against Aku, knowing full well their existence would change?

Face it OP, life is better without Aku.

Let's say that you had in past three villages.

In Aku timeline, Aku destroys all three and their survivors band together and form a single new tribe that just tries to survive the new world.

In non-Aku timeline, these three villages keep on existing, people who met after Aku destroyed their original homes never meet and so they never have children between each other, instead children are born between couples in all three villages.
Children who never existed in Aku timeline are born and children born in Aku timeline never will be born (except maybe in a rare case where couple of lovers managed to escape from the same town and they had gotten married later anyhow, but this becomes moot right as that child grows and gets together with someone who was never born and their kid is then one who was never born and so on and so forth).

So, for example the scotsmans castle, how old was it? From how many communities did people gather there? In nonAku timeline, what are the chances of Scotsmans parents ever meeting? And if they meed, what are the chances of Scotsman ever growing into the person he was like when Aku was around? Is he anymore even the same person if every thing that happened to him and molded his personality ultimately doesn't happen and his personality is molded differently?
That is if he is ever born.

All in all, temporal mechanics are a bitch and can be affected by the slightest of things, let alone by a invincible being of evil and darkness.

well at least this could mean that Jack still exists in Rick and Morty.
Maybe Rick would help him find a new alternate dimension because time travel is stupid.

>And what about the trillions of people you would be "murdering" if you chose not to create a new timeline?
Why would either take precedence? One existed already, couldn't be helped. Jack decided to kill those people for ones he has no idea about.

>People that would undeniably be able to lead better, easier, and more productive lives than those under the rule of Aku.
Which somehow denies the right to exist to the people who have managed to survive and not completely suffer in the aku timeline?

>Aku interfered with the natural order of things, life can develop fine without him.
Aku IS the natural order of things. He was spawned of a cosmic being no different than the gods that attacked him.

Changing the past is against the natural order of things.

>At most you could say they would have never ended up on Earth but they would still be living on their home planets.
Yes just like you would still be alive if nazi germany won ww2? Or would events have played out differently and your parents wouldn't have met?

Aku's not *burp* he's not real Morty. H-he's just symbolic for the nature of man.

So it's okay to kill trillions if god tells you to?

Wow, wouldn't have expected that moral in 2017.

Well what right did Aku have in the first place to kill just as many if not even more people during the thousands of years he ruled?

None. that's why he's the bad guy.

Is jack the bad guy?

The 1st and 3rd replies were clearly talking about how time travel seemed to work in SJ and the 2nd one doesn't even discuss time travel it's just answering the first post's question about Sup Forums's intelligence.

Well if he is then he was terrible at it.
Helping others and constantly foiling the big bad guy.

Ultimately he killed the bad guy and caused who knows how many people's deletion from existence.
Dunno if deleting someone from reality counts as an evil thing, after all, it is an action that ultimately has no victims as nobody remembers them ever having existed.

SeeThe people didn't WANT to live in Aku's future.

And no, Aku is not natural, he was created by man.

Why are people always saying that man created stuff is unnatural?
Are tools unnatural? If so then call the cops, chimps, crows and dolphins are using some items as tools (sticks and leaves in chimps case, rocks in crows case and sponges in dolphins case) and they are likely going to advance their tech over the millennia as they go on.

I totally get this, trust me. I'm just taking the best from it. I mean, a lot of this show is to be taken with suspention of disbelief because it's a heavily fictionalized world with demons, aliens, magic swords, and time travel.

So yes, I understand the butterfly effect but the enxing was a cliffhanger, and I'd like to imagine that with the way time flows in this show, destinies and variables will simply reallign without Aku and we'd see a parallel future different from before but only in the most arbitrary ways.

Its worse than killing people, it actually makes people never born meaning they never exist LIKE EVER.

>Dunno if deleting someone from reality counts as an evil thing, after all, it is an action that ultimately has no victims as nobody remembers them ever having existed.

Then torturing and killing someone is not a bad act because the person can't remember the torture when they're dead.

Because white guilt is a fad.

> destinies and variables will simply reallign without Aku and we'd see a parallel future different from before but only in the most arbitrary ways.
If that was true, ashi wouldn't have died.

If a forest gets demolished by machinery, would you say that was the natural progression of that forest?

Of course not, it was interference by a higher power, a greater being if you will.

Honestly using the original opening at the beginning of the episode was more of a gag and nod to the old series as oppose to being a serious thing where everyone knows they'd be erased

Reminder that if Jack stayed in the future his loved ones would be forever lost due to Aku murdering them all. I'd take the possiblity of maybe ruining the chance of friends existing centuries down the line if it meant saving my family from a very escapable death.

No, Jack going back in time didn't kill billions of people. Some people may have never exist, such as Aku's creations. However, the majority of the people Aku affected would still exist and live a life that never had Aku in it to begin with.

>Planets were never invaded.
>Civilizations were never subjugated.
>Criminals were never given refuge.
>Villages were never destroyed.
>Interplanetary mandatory Jewish multiculturalism was never forced on Earth or anyone else.

But if a forest is destroyed by a fire or by another organism, such as locust, it's natural?

Why is a termite mound natural when a skyscraper is unnatural?

Ashi was directly made from Akus essence. That's the same thing as future Aku never existing because he died in the past.

Can someone repost this comic this goes to
vocaroo.com/i/s1UF71GrWFVQ

>all of that
>every single couple that got together in the aku universe also gets together in this universe
>despite all of that

Really?

All of you are retarded, everyone in the future no longer exists because the events that lead to existing have now been altered meaning the new future is full of beings that never existed in the old future.

Every machine in Jack's future will never exist either.

well everyone died in the last battle when AKu got serious anyway

So by changing the future, they could still be born with a happy life

>but my butterfly effect
>but my they would nto be born
>but my back to the future

In the first movie, morty goes to the past, changes stuff and he and all of his brothers and friends are still born, all that changed was that his family was happy now.

Same thing with samurai jack

Yes and Jack was only as old as he was because of aku's powers. Why didn't he die on the spot when ashi did? He would have been in his 80's at least.

>the future doesn't exist since Jack went to the past
OP are you genuinely retarded

>they could still be born with a happy life
No they will never exist at all, why are you people so fucking stupid?

That future is 2000 years from our timeline so they will never exist at all NEVER.

Perhaps the aliens would exist but the actual earthlings are a big what no no.

>put on a condom
>you just killed a baby by preventing it from existing

This is basically what you're arguing OP.

Also OP forgets that Jack made it so that millions of people came to exist since Aku wasn't there to kill their parents.

Some people were affected by Aku's influence and that got them together as a couple. Some people also would have gotten together regardless of Aku's influence.

Also, not every machine: shit like cars and etc. would still exist.

>In the first movie, morty goes to the past, changes stuff and he and all of his brothers and friends are still born, all that changed was that his family was happy now.

A bad time travel story does not exonerate another bad time travel story.

Also the whole "It takes a while for time to fix itself and somehow people keep their memories even when physical things like photos and newspapers change" are bad time travel tropes and are complete plot conveniences.

Because for all you know it's still effecting him and he'll live in solitude as an eternal gaurdian of Earth forever. That, or his life timer just turned back on where it left off once he came back.

No they dont exist I dont you realize how specific the conditions BEHIND YOUR EXISTENCE is retard.

Every being in Aku's future will never fucking exist in Jack's new future ever. The only exception are the most recent aliens to planet earth, but the aliens that lived on earth for millenia YEP THEY WONT EXIST EITHER.

If link related was killed, and some other dude did the mass fucking, a completely new roster of humans would exist and not us.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

>by killing aku, it means the ancestors of the people in the future will not fuck anymore.

even if the exactly people that he meet are not born. NEW PEOPLE WILL

way more people will be happy and not be killed by aku that the people that MIGHT not exist
and even ashi took some time to desapear. the small amount of people that did not die in the last battle would be able to see a world whitout aku before going away

No, everyone was effected by aku. Countless people over countless planets. Not even the acetic monks who lived in isolation were outside of aku's influence.

Every single event in history would be different without aku, so every single birth would be different.

I'm starting to see why you people refuge in cartoons and don't venture into the larger world of fiction. It just sails over your heads.

Convenient plot devices are convenient, aren't they?

So what? Should we kill everyone alive right now for the mere possibility that the ones that replace us would have better lives? That's pretty fucking psychopathic.

I dont think you realize what Aku actually did, he destroyed every human civilization in the 1400s, the surviving humans fucked eachother meaning and their descendents make the humans in Aku's future THESE HUMANS WILL NEVER EXIST NOW.

Then there are the non human aliens who colonized parts of earth and fucked, without Aku they would never fuck at that moment meaning never exist.

Finally the sapient machines would never exist because the guys who made them never exist either.

>They died for nothing

Why is that one dog floating beside a spike?

>they died for nothing.

ow come Sam-Oo-Rai and the bar thugs didn't come to help? Or why didn't Emoji Dog come to help? The Poop/Mud people?

they didn't die at all ya dingus

shutup thot

>mfw the extra thicc scene isn't canon anymore

Also
imgur.com/a/uKk6E

They did. And then it was erased.

which means they didn't die

Everybody dies.
But not everyone truly lives. South Park said that.

No, they did. It was just erased. Like how old movies existed once but the film was lost and now they're gone forever.

you cant kill something that never existed

lets say for a second that the holocaust existed. if you killed his father before he could give life to him, WW2 could not have happened, so all those people would not had died

does that mean you savved the lifes of everyone that died during WW2 or that you killed eveyrone that was born after it? even if its a possibility that they could still be born anyway?>I dont think you realize what Aku actually did, he destroyed every human civilization in the 1400s, t
and jack just saved all of those lives.
>the surviving humans fucked eachother meaning and their descendents make the humans in Aku's future
whitout aku, that could possible still happen.
>THESE HUMANS WILL NEVER EXIST NOW.
there is nothing stoping then from fucking.

>Then there are the non human aliens who colonized parts of earth and fucked,
they can still fuck, in another planet
there is nothing stoping then from comming to earth and fucking in the future
>without Aku they would never fuck at that moment meaning never exist.
they could possible fuck in another moment though
>Finally the sapient machines would never exist because the guys who made them never exist either.
another people would invent another machines

they didnt die since aku doesnt exist anymore

Something to think about:

If time travel to the past really exists, someone from the future would have already travelled back in time.

So, at least one "insane" person claiming to be from the future would have to be telling the truth.

Removing a historical event as BIG as Aku's domination of the world and subjugation of multiple civilisations would result in ALOT of people not being born and technologies being lost.

If the europeans hadn't colonised the west and brought African slaves over to the Caribbean through the triangular trade then me and my family wouldn't exist since grandmother whose African/Arawak Indian mix would have never been born because my great grandfather's family would've never been brought to the Caribbean

If the fire or locust is caused as a result of the forest's own ecosystem, then yes its natural. If an outside force introduces it, it is unnatural.

If the planets affected by Aku would have a different future without him, he is interfering with them and putting them on a course they would not have originally, or naturally, without him.

And since Aku was man made, he would never had been created naturally. It was interference.

A polar bear would never wind up in a desert if it wasn't misplaced by a smarter power. Hence unnatural

>me and my family wouldn't exist since grandmother whose African/Arawak Indian mix would have never been born because my great grandfather's family would've never been brought to the Caribbean
You speak that like is a bad thing

aaaay

He did stop saving them, Scaramouche killed a whole town that Jack probably could have saved but knew it was pointless. Sword left him because he came to the realization that saving all of them was pointless.

No it's like making a film, then destroying it, then traveling back to the past to actually not make the film at all.
There never was a film to begin with, and there weren't any dogs to begin with

>aku's powers.
Jack was never affected by his powers aside from the sick episode.

>Without Aku's influence millions of people wouldn't be brutally subjugated.

...That's a good thing. Maybe a few of those people won't be born, but a lot more people will survive and have better lives. Aku literally caused genocide and Slavery for shit and giggles. Probably everyone in Aku's future lives in constant fear of being devoured by one of those city sized leviathans that he arbitrarily set free in order to wreck nature. Most importantly, all of them knew that Jack was trying to undo the future, and willingly went and helped him.

>Nihilistic faggots still defending the idea that is better to not live at all than to live with suffering but with occasional sprinkles of happiness just because they wont accept the ending to the show was stupid and poorly written.

You kind of people depress me.

That's worse than killing someone.

Meeting them, then going back in time to deny them existence.

Why killing Aku in the past didn't destroyed the Jack that experienced a future with Aku?