senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
discord.gg/rXMbdqP
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPvvPTQaMI
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
tapas.io/episode/622706
pearsonplains.tumblr.com/
cultcontrol.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You dildo.

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on:
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPvvPTQaMI

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

Anyway, I'mma dumpin my own WIP stuff right now. Check em.

pg 2

page the third

page 4: PAGE

Page:Reloaded (page 5)

PAGE 6
That's all I have for now. Some guys on a previous thread complained about the stiffness. I'm trying to overcome it by doing life drawin and shit. That's hard yo

well, you made a thread at least. thanks

don't worry about it, looks fine to me.

i dunno about stiff. arm anatomy is a little off but ehh it's good

well, thanks! I'm gonna try to be even better in the future about the whole "stiff poses" thing.

looking better my dude

Page for way of the gun I did today. If your wondering, The setting is kind of futuristic for reasons I bring up later. I take inspiration from star wars but it's not gonna be crazy tech Everywhere type deal and aliens and all that it's more mellow and the tech is more background stuff anyways. weapons have somewhat of an old western aesthetic , "somewhat" lol. no laser pistols or anything of that nature.

link?

Lame, here.

looks good. You should try inking it in a ligne claire style. I can see it working with some moebiusesque shading.

I'm planning on making a few pages to attract people to reading this comic, so what i plan to do is make a 20 to 30 page Mission (What I call Chapters).

I plan to have some pages be illustrations of the background and etc, like little moments where the viewer can relax and take in what they saw.
The other thing i have to do is spend less time using to much detail on a planning page, I need to try and only draw what is necessary to a panel. I spend to much time nitpicking on this pages and presenting them here.

Anyway here's two pages planned out don't know when I'll show any other pages, I might end up finishing most of the plans this week.

I just started reading some books on writing to better understand what can be done to create an engaging comic.

Hopefully I can then make a more appealing comic that won't be look over, This first chapter has to be something that can catch someones interest. Maybe it will or maybe it won't be I'll do my best.

shit man, nice stuff here, good composition, amazing art.
I wish i was as good as you.

Forgive me, for I know not what I do

Just looked up the style and I like it, somewhat of the vibe I want too, good look user. I'll look into it more when I go digital (traditional inking isn't my thing) damn I have to learn all that stuff eventually, I'm gonna be a noob again.

I enjoy keeping up with this

Very nice

No, Sirvarg Stenström ams origistinal chartater.

Does not steals.

I want my comic to have a lot of metalocalypse references (and maybe connections?)

get a tablet and manga studio. It's good.

You fucker, now I HAVE to read it
link?

tapas.io/episode/622706
This is the only completed chapter so far.
I've hidden a murderface and an explosion in it.

They're just background characters for now, but I may put Dethklok in the comic, when galaktikon 2 comes out. With a bootleg name? Deathticker? Murderwatch

Thanks senpai, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you

well, thanks dude. If the comic gets some following, i'd like to hire a band to do some songs. So we can have the comic and the music that goes with it. That could be awesome.

As someone who is looking to make a webcomic (for my own personal enjoyment really I know it won't be popular my art is pretty bad) where do I start?
I have an idea for what I want to do but I don't want to end up getting lost in ideas how would I go about mapping out what I want to do as to not get sidetracked or accidentally breaking continuity?

Wondering what this looks like to other people.

> I want my comic to have a lot of metalocalypse references (and maybe connections?)

Keep up god's work my man. Can't go wrong with references to best show

could be fappable

why is she so angry

An agree Protagonist walking down the pier near other Background characters cursing to herself about some character we've never seen...

Also to bird ready to mate, Yet unfortunately for their genetic linage one seems to suffer from Mental Retardation. it's a 50% chance some offspring will suffer from "Derp"...

I'm Sorry...

Have you ever played Hollow Knight? I feel like some of the insect design in that game could be inspirational.

I'm interested, keep it up

I've seen the game, Cool but my computer can't run most games past 2007.

Which is a good thing really, I really need to focus on getting better in my art so i can apply to something.

Anyway, I'm try to avoid getting inspired by other media. That why i don't really read webcomics at all.

The ladybug is actually a pretty new design and a simple one too, any other bug design you'll see later on in the story. In fact one of the Main Characters is sort of a humaniod ant alien hybrid.

But even she needs to be work on...

Almost finished. Finally.

It's no problem have little visual gags on a page don't mind me man.
The bird looks OK. I was just poking fun at it.

I like this

Having watch BeetleJuice only once as a kid...
Isn't BeetleJuice suppose to be the wacky friend this girl summoned or something?

Or was it like this in the Original?

To be really honest, not sure. This was very spur of the moment, kind of experimenting with the character/comic style without having a dedicated story in mind. The overall concept is there but I need to flesh out the finer details of what's going on still.

Sweet!

Sorry, deleted post because I realized it was more dickish than intended. Your post does seem like good criticism though, moved the irises apart and they look better now.

i just love this thing so much
>Avoid inspiration
if i came up with the shit you did...

stick with it. he's shown us the subsequent pages in sketch form before.. but i wont spoil it for you

I think it's a point of contention if anything. Beetlejuice is a kind of curse. I think in the most basic sense he is haunting her.

According to the movie they are supposed to be eternally bound. The cartoon technically continues this but, obviously, she is a kid so he is portrayed as more of a wacky friend in that. But the underlying point is that they are "married." Though, like I said, it's more of a curse, or pact.

Awesome as always you fucking bastard, keep it up

And lmao just noticed the selfie bit

is this a clever ruse?

I like your style mabe you should check out the Manhwa Gosu (The Master) the artist also uses a lot of thin line hatching in his backgrounds and fighting scenes, maybe you could get something out of his art who knows.
Is there any place where I can look up your work in the future?

nah it's just what people use when they're too lazy

buhump

At sperm banks they create a portfolio of the donor so that the surrogate family gets the life story of the donor. Meg is the hottest of Peter's children meaning Lois is the only person in the world with good breeding that's dumb enough to fuck Peter.

lol wrong thread

You might have given me something to read while I'm at work thanks, also I'll look at his style because good I saw one of his mountain panels and it was a beautiful sight.

Planning these pages all night, I know they're lacking but hey I understand what i need to draw and I will be revising all pages and changing what ever needs to be changed.

Almost finished first page. Need to tighten up a few things, do a couple passes with a graphite pencil for shadow and added contrast. Completely unapologetic Link's Awakening homage.

Working on planning and simplifying urban backgrounds so it's faster to draw them. This is a VR-Arcade made of scavenged spaceship chunks and a key environment in the comic.

For anyone familiar with my posts here, Dupe's monitor room I've posted pics of several times is in that smiley face sign. Not sure whether he'll even appear in the comic though.

that's a good opening!

This is technically Sup Forums but I made a webcomic

Man, I've got to scale back these elaborate set pieces. Getting to the end of them is like crawling on my hands and knees.

i love their 'tude so much. also I'm really reading that mom lady as a mom lady now! good job.
also I dig that this guy is actually giving a care about transition to weirdness instead of just eternal hiding

/hyw/ BTFO, the rest of you just stop posting before you embarrass yourself

Step 1 get a nice idea, draft it, store
Step 2 repeat step 1 until you have a bunch of nice ideas
Step 3 try to connect your good ideas with mediocre storytelling

That's how I do it. I think at the end people remember the times it got surprised the most (by plot twists, ridiculous scenarios or unexpected jokes)

You're allowed to make a gorillion mistakes because people brains tend to fill in the blanks. with idiotic conspiracies.

In the early drafts the aliens DID hide, but it was just too unbelievable for the kind of events I want the plot to have. Originally Sargreon and Mistaire used illusion magic to hide their greenness, but I realized that flawlessly masking their appearances was way too tidy. I also once considered having the heroes bust up security cameras and mess with the media to keep them hidden, but that's too much for the reader to sit back and accept.

Pic related, an idea for Mistaire to cover as much of her skin as possible and use face paint to look 'human.' I scrapped it immediately because she looks terrible that way.

alright, so you're saying basically to take my ideas and figure out how to link them together through storytelling? thank you, that definitely helps!

it's funnier if you delete "fuk" at the end
if you're going to make a comic that ends with a silly face you don't need words.

I just like things like that for the same reason I like figuring out costumes. It's a neat logistical thing and i love when animation actually bothers to show the cracks in the facade properly. kinda like those neat bits in batman when jack nicholson has skin colored paint on his skin so it looks like he's painted over his chemical'd-white skin, and then rubbing white paint onto that looks like he's wiping skin colored paint OFF. that kinda shit. this is cool.
it also reminds me of that hot Monster Under the Bed comic I just discovered.. recently what I assumed was painted skin (which would work because even if it looked unnatural or had missed or blotchy spots, it's halloween, so it would instead look like the REST of it was poorly-applied paint) turned out to be glamour, but still. it would have worked on her

I want the bow girl for sexual

>get contacted by a big company
>they flew to my country and offered me $200 per comic page
>it's a big project with several artists, they tell me to not worry about it, I only need to sign the contract
>bragged about it everywhere I could
>2 months later they haven't contacted me again
I thought my time had finally come. I'm afraid to ask one of the other artists if they have started without me. Fug, I have never been so hearbroken.

did you sign the contract?

No, the main office is in the US and they had to produce a contract for me to sign.

I guess I'll have to start using Taptastic for extra shekels.

ghosted, like an awkward beta who thought he was getting a date

>first year of university
>fall in love with a girl
>go out with her often
>notice I'm always the one who contacts her.
>wonder what would happen if I wait for her to call me first.
>never see her again.
thanks for the memories user, I thought I had already forgotten

these stories are not real

You notice that almost of your posts ends with 4's? You must got bad luck.

Also, What is your comic about?

>tfw my life is so pathetic it doesn't seem real
maybe I should make those autobiographic comics most boards hate.

sweet jesus do I know that feel, so many times I've just given up now

I'm practically done, but then I decided to add a few more things. Technically I've finished on schedule, but now I pushed it back even further. One day, I'll be done.

Pic related, it's a panel.

I'm not japanese so the number 4 doesn't affect me in anyway. By all means a muscled up hoodlum like me can't even count to 4.

A young alien is offered a chance to experience an Alternate way of life.This Trooper bored to death on his planet finds out something "New" arrives, that ignites a new view on Reality.

That's all I can say with spoiling it...

I'm at the stage where I preplaned all I can and now I have to at least draft some shit out.

How much work do you guys tend to do before you go for it? I really wanna stop beating around the bush and draw a comic but I also don't wanna go hard and hit a wall because I didn't plan out something important.

link's awakening?

Sweet, haven't seen this type of thread in a while.

Well I've finally finished my short comic. Constructive criticism is indeed welcome.

I'm very new to this whole comic and zine making thing so any kind of help is appreciated.

pretty cool, like doing acid

Forgot to post link, hopefully once I have enough free time I can start doing some more comics.

pearsonplains.tumblr.com/

There's a notable change in artstyles after the first three pages since I started working more on the artstyle and learning more about photoshop in general.

Thanks user, I've wanted something like that.

Legend of Zelda. Damn, I don't want to live in a world where someone doesn't recognize at least the title of a Zelda game

Anyone like comedic space adventures? working on one atm.

>I don't want to live in a world where someone doesn't recognize at least the title of a Zelda game

I thought I'd never see the day as well.
I'm getting fucking old

Hey, these are pretty good comics we have here today,
I hope to be one of them, but I update waaaay too slow for that, among other problems

>short hair
I'm intrigued

she is pretty dang cute

>whats her face from work
I feel personally targeted

link please

C U T E
U
T
E

cultcontrol.tumblr.com
Early writing and art is a bit choppy, I hope to improve it over time.
Nice Quads

Thanks senpai, can't wait to see what you put out.

Well, if it's chapter-based or something, I would have planned out the basic story arc until the end, and when making the first chapter, have it set up the basic premise of your comic

bump

Any tips for drawing sfx? I always end up randomly doing letter bigger and smaller.

Practice free-handing it in the fonts you like.

Then practice drawing 2-3 panels at a time with no dialogue, only sound effects just to get the hang of placing.

>Multi-level future city built on the water

count me the fuck in

These are amazing dude.

I'll try that, thanks for the advice.