So I just watched this movie expecting typical capeshit in space but actually it was pretty nice...

So I just watched this movie expecting typical capeshit in space but actually it was pretty nice, it wasn't exactly kino but not bad either I would give it a 7/10. Delivigne's acting was a bit choppy but nothing too bad and Dane DeHaan was pretty good as an action hero. The alien designs were pretty nice too and the story in general was a bit cliche but still had a few nice points such as the bad guy having an actually valid reason for what he did which made me understand his actions and actually relate a bit even.
So what did you guys think of it?

better than star wars desu.

It ruined the original material with a simplistic plot (meanwhile the BD is often deep) and most of all very unlikeable main characters (meanwhile in the BD Valerian is a funny laid-back hero and Laureline a warm and motherly adventurer)

Honestly I never heard about the material till I saw this movie.
Its a belgian comic book series right?

>belgian
It's french. Not ALL BD is belge you know.

Anyway it's a good read and the 5 first minutes of the movie (you know, the good part) just show a glimpse of the huge universe behind Valerian.

The movie mostly ignore the time travel aspect since Valerian and Laureline are supposed to be Time Agents preventing people from fucking up time-lines. Laureline herself came from middle-age earth.

I absolutely hated Dane Dehaan in this. He definitely ruined the movie.

A better pick would have been someone like Channing Tatum who can handle the action & Humour.

Even Ethan Hawke in this very movie would have made a better Valerian...

>laureline is from 1000 years ago

Frenchies are weird man.
Gives them te inspiration to write stuff like this I guess.

What didn't you like about him?
I thought he did pretty well and the only movie I saw him in before this was the place beyond the pines where he played the goose's son.

the leads lacked chemistry, main actor's voice doesnt fit his twinqy look, acting was bad it made irhanna look like a good actress by comparison to others, dialogue didnt help, generic adventure.
6/10 - plain and mildly enjoyable

Hmm in Valerian timelime it's more like 2000. But time travel fucks everything and in the later parts of the BD the whole humanity is pretty much wiped out by butterfly effects and "gods" tired with humanity trying to rule time.

I was one of the few who saw it in cinema when it came out, and I said that Sup Forums would love it once it's gets ripped.
Sup Forumsfags are a bunch of poor uncultivated fucks...

It was poorly structured, horribly miscast and didn't seem to know how to handle the material beyond throwing everything and the kitchen sink in.

Fuck you op.

>It was poorly structured
what was so poorly structured about it user?

I'm glad you asked me that question user. It's very simple; think for yourself or stop being a cheeky ruseman.

Honestly if I wanted I could have seen it at the cinema but at the time it looked like a typical capeshit movie like avengers only space.
I gave it a chance because some friends recommended it .

Well fuck you too buddy.

In the original story, Valerian starts a time traveller agent sent to stop a mad scientist, bored by the easy life of Galaxicity (pretty much star trek Federation but with time travel), went back to the middle age with reality twisting technology to make fantasy world real (dragons, monsters, magic, etc...)

Valerian meet Laureline the first time in a (recently) enchanted forest where she saves his life and realise he's not from her time. She helps finish the mission and is then recruited as a time agent herself.

Laureline and Valerian relation since then was never very clear. They're mostly a couple and regulary kiss or show affection but Valerian doesn't hesitate to sleep with other women if a mission requires it even if it piss off Laureline a lot.

nice reply dude, knew you were a pleb the moment I read that sentence. keep watching chris stuckmann or whatever other hack you're into.

It was absolute garbage and it says a lot about your taste if you genuinely liked it

He looks like a total chad here, I guess Dane wouldn't fit that but then there aren't any good chad actors in this day and age.

we're all plebs here user. Is Stuckmann that guy the RLMs parody?
>dude
please don't assume my gender.

What was so bad about it according to you?

>implying there are girls on Sup Forums

>It was absolute garbage
Are you illiterate fucko?

I got like 10 minutes in and had to turn it off.

>That intro scene with Dane and blondie
>"oh my god, he's such a fucking badass that he's slept with like a BILLION models and gets A+++++s on all his tests!!!!!!"

Holy shit, someone was actually paid to write this?

The casting
The acting
The story
The casting again

looked pretty though

That's honestly the very, very worst part of the movie. It gets better after they land and they stop introducing themselves to each other as badass as possible.

If you can't give any arguments you can kindly fuck off faggot.

Did that really bother you that much,only thing that really bothered me was cara's choppy acting and that they went for a childish liberal feel good message at the end.

What was so bad about the story?
I'll give you the other points though but the story was better then it should have been.

>That's honestly the very, very worst part of the movie. It gets better after they land and they stop introducing themselves to each other as badass as possible.
>Did that really bother you that much,only thing that really bothered me was cara's choppy acting and that they went for a childish liberal feel good message at the end.

I kind of figured it must get better, but I seriously couldn't stomach it.

That was like the worst thing I have ever seen in a major movie.

To me, that was on the level of that infamous scene from "Troll 2."

Obviously the special effects were much, much better. But in terms of the acting and writing, it was about the same. Not exaggerating.

Well, you could take any French actor. A guy like Romain Duris would have been good I think. The movie would have less exposure abroad, but who the fuck in Dane Dehaan anyway?

When I first watched it I thought it was shit.

Now that I've watched TLJ... Valerian is a masterpiece.

It was p bad.

ive only read one vallerian comic so I wouldnt say i was a fan really...so i could take this movie on its own.
Pretty solid entertainment. The basic plot is fine but then we get a lot of stuff thats unrelated. Like the fat alien wanting to eat cara's brains.
still better than Force Awakens and Last jedi

the two main actors were weird choices