Is this kino??

Is this kino??

no but it looks like a highscore

One of the best episodes.

well the guy from the season 4 finale was reading a comic book version of this, so it definitely isn't because nothing that comes from comic books is kino

the best

i wish i lived in that reality

I watched all "best episodes", and literally all of them are mediocre or shit, this one for example is 100% shit.
I really don't understand why people love black mirror so much.

it isn't called "black mirror" for nothin

I want to know what things you like

sounds like you've got shit taste, now please go back to your starwars and marvel threads

white bear or whatever was good but no one likes that episode

How are there even fat people if all anyone does is pedal a fucking exercise bike and food costs exercise points? At least to be at the level where you're so out of shape you can't do one of the most mild forms of exercise around.

>implying black mirror isn't made for the same audience as marvel and dc
it's literally the twilight zone but for brainlets

No it wasn't. The entire concept was retarded. Why would everyone be so ok with someone being repeatedly publicly tortured like that? There's no way that could possibly exist in any situation

Black Mirror is something for the daytime intellectual. For a great evening treat I recommend Rick and Morty - very fun.

Most of the people here are too young for anything else.

i'm 20 so they have no excuse. i used to watch the twilight zone with my dad when i was in my early teens

our souls are in that situation right now to learn lessons

Stopped watching after season 1, heard from people that worship it that it continues to be fundamentally anti-technology and anti-"human advancement".

Can't stomach that backwards thinking shit, go live in the woods off bugs and twigs, then die at the ripe old age of 19 from a stubbed toe.

because they thought she was responsible for the death of a child. people get crazy when it comes to children

besides, are we really going to pretend that public torture has never been a thing before?

it's a little far-fetched, yeah, but not as far-fetched as the one where the PM fucks the pig

Michael Smiley is the best angry man ever.

t. brainlet

just because the show is critical of technology does not mean it's anti-technology. jfc

Please, just look at the title, show-runner was obviously and unironically one of those idiots that went "Look at all those SHEEPLE, staring at their little black square COFFINS all day, excuse me for saying it, but I need to do something about this!"

This episode made me really uncomfortable for some reason.

nothing from black mirror is kino. you're a pleb for even considering.

I just watched all of Season one last night, I liked it except that it was the same lesson just told three times over.
I was expecting this show to be a modern day Twilight zone with e decent budget except that it only teaches one lesson
what's the point in that? Does the show grow beyond just "technology is dangerous"?

Black Mirror season 1 is pretty much a dumpster fire of implausible, unbelievable, and clumsily written trash. Anybody who likes the first season or cites any of its episodes as being within the series' top 10 is fucking confused. If there ever was a reliable pleb filter, liking season 1 of Black Mirror would be it.

Watch Playtest or Be Right Back. They're probably the most tolerable out of the entire series. Hang the DJ is a decent episode from the latest season too.

The series is mired by its reckless disregard for any subtlety, amateurish writing, and (usually) really poor acting, but as far as I know it's the only one of its kind. It's like a modern-day, science-fiction oriented Twilight Zone with significantly less profound themes, adjusted for cultural inflation.

Ive seen every episode of black mirror. I dont think its as good as everyone says either. Some episodes are interesting but most end up dragging on too long I think. They all have good concepts behind the episodes but get a little boring. Black Museum is best episode of all seasons aside from ending.

>technology is dangerous
which episode said that?

I personally hated that episode. I do find it interesting how polarized the opinions on every episode of this show are. It seems like no one agrees on which are the best episodes.
My personal favorite is White Christmas. I also really liked USS Callister, very similar themes.

Thats a lot of Negrocoin

For me best 3 episodes were Entire History of You, Shut Up and Dance and Be Right Back

>Playtest
Undeniably the worst ending of any episode of the show. Le epic Reddit "it was all a dream / simulation / never real" tier twist. Would've been great if he came out of the simulation for real the first time, returned home, found the house was an absolute fucking mess. He meekly investigates, ends up in an upstairs bedroom where he finds a fucked up looking woman, perhaps on the verge of starvation sitting on a bed corner facing away from him, a phone next to her on a desk. He approaches her, it's his mother, when he tries to converse with her it becomes clear she has no idea who he is and is developing late stage dementia.

Would've made the episode a more wholesome experience. He went travelling because he couldn't stand to watch his mother's mind decay before him, so he bounced the first chance he got to wander the world and run away from his problems. She kept trying to call him because she desperately wants him to come back and to share final moments of happiness with one another before she loses her fucking mind completely. Hence why, other than meme fears like spiders, the game was taunting him with a faceless monster, loss of memory and an inability to recognize himself. His experience in the game encourages him to face reality and accept he fled his home to travel under a bullshit guise of "finding yourself" when he was too much of a coward to face be there for his mother. By the time he returns home it's too late and she's too far gone to provide anymore meaningful experiences.

But fuck it. Why bother having a compelling character with complex motivations and a satisfying arc when you can do a Reddit-tier "it was all a dream" twist?

The main charachter in this episode is a really good actor imo.

agree

people here will meme on him because he also starred in get out however

I thought he was pretty good in get out as well. But most people here probably hate that movie.

I feel like people like the concept of the series more than anything. I'm still waiting for that one quintessential episode you would wanna recommend to your friends to show how cool the show is, but to be honest, even when thinking of my favorite eps - I feel like they are all kinda lacking one way or another. And it's really hit or miss overall.

Still a really cool concept for a show though.

No, the ending was great. During the entire mansion sequence you knew the whole thing was part of the simulation. You knew he was going to wake up in a testing room and that everything prior was a red herring designed for misdirection. You knew he was going to leave the facility and be just fine. The writers in turn knew that you would know, and so subverted your expectations again by establishing the ostensible ending as a false awakening.

It was a genuinely surprising turn which caught the viewer off guard, having already relaxed from the end of the initial emotional roller coaster. It was a classic Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge move.

>info dump the episode is the best
aside from the kino pain addict story that had nothing to do with the rest of the episode, lol

One of the only good episodes from this shitty show

That's honestly a lot better.

upboated