Why did fans dislike it so much? I don't get what there is to dislike. It's the best film in the series since Empire

Why did fans dislike it so much? I don't get what there is to dislike. It's the best film in the series since Empire

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iXejfGgGxPc&feature=youtu.be&a=
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_faQRibDGw
youtube.com/watch?v=bET74_BkiRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

overreliance on comedy that more often than not falls flat and totally ruins the tone.
Completly disregarding all of the open plot hooks at the end of TFA to basically be right back where we started

Shitty comedy
Dumb plot choices, mainly Finn and Rose
People were also angry with Luke's character direction/assassination, and killing off Snoke for no reason, but those are whatever.

The battle of Salt Hoth was totally unnecessary as well.

>$0.02 have been deposited in your account

making an entire galaxy feel the size of a small country

It is essentially a machine created to make fat white aging neckbeared Star Wars fanboys miserable, so it really shouldn't be too much of a surprise that it does.

Personally the only problem I had was that Rose is even worse than JarJar. The only way she would have been even slightly redeemed was if she died "saving" (fucking up) Finn.

I loved the take on Luke and jaded Luke might be my new favorite Star Wars character

yeah bro it was so subversive, it's like the director reads critical and feminist theory like me and talks about it on twitter, haha crazy

youtube.com/watch?v=iXejfGgGxPc&feature=youtu.be&a=
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_faQRibDGw

>No character growth over 30 years is a good thing
Luke was right, the modern Jedi Order werent anything but dogs of the republic using the Force for their own gain. No better than the Sith

If the movie is excellent, better than The Godfather, better than citizen Kane, heck, if it doesn't win a hundred Oscar, I'll be disappointed.

>It's the best film in the series since Empire

tell your marketing manager he needs to completely rethink his strategy because no one here is buying this sort of shit

It was empire on rewind. Admiral tumblr made my skin crawl. Ripped on capitalism. The one big lightsaber fight was shitty and just felt clunky. Da ebil white male first order, and the diversity squad good guys they don't even call rebels anymore. The stuttering conman was my favorite part of the whole thing. Also reporting is pretty funny.

Fans loved it.

Cry baby original trilogy grandpa types hated it because Star Wars is moving on without them.

Litteral red feminism communist cultural revolution propaganda

Targeted not only at the Americans, but attempting to instill hatred of white men worldwide.

Thanks (((disney))) so fucking awesome.

IT'S TURNING THE FREAKING SAGA GAY!

youtube.com/watch?v=bET74_BkiRU

Haha yeah dude totally just like my commie writing, western civilization has always been fucking shit haha burn it down we replace it with communist utopia

>Changing a character's personality 180° offscreen is good writing
The absolute state of mouseshills

I can't wait for the episode 9 just so the episode I threads stop.

But a vocal minority of its fanbase refuses to move on, trudging along in a feeble attempt to manufacture their perfect individual version of Star Wars for the satisfaction of their wet dreams. The Force Awakens may have been dangerous because it reinforced reminders of the old, but the backlash was strong, even though it utilized structural similarities and plot developments for the sake of mystery-box subversion. Many viewers hated Abrams’ film because it exposed their reverence and mythologization of the original trilogy to an absurd degree and refracted it back in the characters’ personalities. Cries and whimpers of “It’s the same thing as the original Star Wars!!” might as well be re-worded into “I didn’t like it because it gave me exactly what I’ve been worshipping for the last thirty years!!”. While The Force Awakens, in a sense, weakened those who have never moved on from the original trilogy, The Last Jedi leaves them in the blood-red dust. It soars off into the galaxy with a fresh twinkle in its eye and a comical, sly reverence for Star Wars itself and not the version so many people have fabricated in their fantasies. The characters have been freed from their ties to Original Trilogy characters, and while they will always carry them within their hearts. Johnson showcases that no progression can be unearthed without change, and change is the opposite of stagnantly committing to ancient fandom favorites just because that’s how they’re remembered. The truth hurts for the personalities in The Last Jedi and the audience observing it play out across the screen; they have realized their stories are just that. It’s what you take away from them, and where you go from there that matters. This gargantuan space-opera train is finally back to square one freed from the constraints of its sickening fanbase and bursting into hyperspace towards the future. Time to let go

30 years ex machina

The Last Jedi is the first Star Wars feature since Empire to feel like a genuinely great, classic in the making, game-changing film in addition to being a great continuation of the mythos, and the fact that fans have had so much to argue about in the details of that is proof not only of its artistic success and but just how brave Rian Johnson was to take the risks he took. It’s a bold film that dared not only to be political and of the moment within the universal pop-mythos, but to actively interrogate, challenge, and recontextualize the very foundations of that mythos. And as a result Star Wars feels like it has more chance for change, growth, and genuinely culture endurance since at any point since the prequels

Your marketing pr tricks won't work here. You are wasting your time and energy for a battle that was already lost 17 days ago for most, 3 years ago for some. Go home and rethink your life sweetie

Most star war fans are old dudes that wanted Luke to wreck all type of shit. Our hero was turned into a lame no pussy getting joke. Hits too close to home.

>The Last Jedi is the first Star Wars feature since Empire to feel like a genuinely great, classic in the making, game-changing film in addition to being a great continuation of the mythos, and the fact that fans have had so much to argue about in the details of that is proof not only of its artistic success and but just how brave Rian Johnson was to take the risks he took. It’s a bold film that dared not only to be political and of the moment within the universal pop-mythos, but to actively interrogate, challenge, and recontextualize the very foundations of that mythos. And as a result Star Wars feels like it has more chance for change, growth, and genuinely culture endurance since at any point since the prequels

I mean its a shitty, poorly written boring movie. Its not some event or even something truly special. Its generic, boring, plodding and lacks anything that made the originals interesting.

It looks nice sometimes but that's about it and I don't give a shit about star wars.

>It's the best film in the series since Empire
There's your problem, it's not so stop trying to claim it is.

Lurk more, there have been over 100 threads about it in depth since the movie came out

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

If this isn't pasta...

Is that one on the left a flat chested girl or a fag? I can't tell at all.

>why do fans hate a film that destroys any character and lore that made the franchise special
Gee I dunno