Which ending was worse?

Which ending was worse?

for me, pic related

Jack ending made me grumpy
Falls ending made me mad asf

Why was that?

Both

NONE!

I WAS HAPPY AND HAD A GOOD TIME WITH BOTH, EVEN IF THEY WERE 8/10, INSTEAD OF 10/10! I'M GLAD TO HAVE WATCHED!

Gravity Falls.
Most of the Problems that I had with the Samurai Jack finale could be blamed on the Season only being allowed 10 episodes. The only thing I really have a problem with is the Butchering of the Grandfather Paradox to have Ashi fade away. I felt like that was just shoving in a bittersweet ending where none was needed.

Gravity falls' ending infuriated me. It amplified everything that made Mabel mildly annoying into being unbearable, it Had characters regress and fall into exhibiting flaws that they should have over come already, like Pacifica's cattiness or Dipper's stupid crush, and it failed to Develop Wendy's character in any meaningful way despite her getting a shitton of screen time. These had nothing to do with time limits but with Hirsch having a poor work ethic and too much fixation on his sister stand-in and his super-kewl redheaded waifu.

Korra.

Why?

This

Kuvira did nothing wrong.
(And forced lesbianism for Tumblr appeal.)

Seconded Korra had the most awful ending in recent animation.

I would argue against this, simply on the grounds that it's ended came with the fact that it was over and there would be no more of that shit.

Samurai Jack didn't have Mabel, so there's that.

Gravity Falls didn't shoehorn in a fanfic-tier Mary sue OC for the final season.
Gravity Falls felt rushed, but it tied up plotholes/plotlines and gave a complete ending
Gravity Falls didn't have lolsofunny penis jokes because why not?
Gravity Falls didn't kill off every character the viewers cared about
Gravity falls left you wanting more Gravity falls, not less

I think the answer is clear

Gravity Falls?

>Gravity Falls didn't kill off every character the viewers cared about
Time Baby was my whole world!

But none of this happened on anything that OP mentioned?

>Gravity Falls didn't shoehorn in a fanfic-tier Mary sue OC for the final season.
True, but it had Mabel, who is a hundred times worse.
>Gravity Falls felt rushed, but it tied up plotholes/plotlines and gave a complete ending
Gravity Falls is pretty much wasted potential: the show when it comes to plotlines. They didn't even tie all of the loose ends.
>Gravity Falls didn't have lolsofunny penis jokes because why not?
It had plenty of unfunny Alex Hirsch humor, however.
Yeah, instead they fucked up Stan's well written sacrifice by making him regain his memories 5 seconds later. Also the ending felt so unbelievably happy it was jarring, there were no major consequences which reduces the impact of Weirdmageddon a lot. Mabel even got to keep her pig, for fuck's sake.
>Gravity falls left you wanting more Gravity falls, not less
Only because what we got felt unsatisfying.

I'm not defending Samurai Jack either, but you're giving the hack manlet too much credit.

>Mabel, who is a hundred times worse.
How so

>Mabel even got to keep her pig, for fuck's sake.

What's wrong with that?

If Ashi vanished for 2 minutes and then came back with no explanation at all, if the guardian had been teased in the intro or made cameos in every episode just to be pushed aside, then it would be comparable.

This
Mabel is worse than Ashi by an incredibly long margin. If Ashi was like Mabel she would have cried to Jack in order to stay in the future with him.

>Gravity Falls didn't shoehorn in a fanfic-tier Mary sue OC for the final season.
Ford.
>Gravity Falls felt rushed, but it tied up plotholes/plotlines and gave a complete ending
Things like the ayys were barely touched upon, the key President Tuscupes gave the twins ended up being nothing, how and why Blendin got taken over by Bill didn't make a difference, how the future of Gravity Falls is more decadent than Aku's future never explained, etc.
>Gravity Falls didn't have lolsofunny penis jokes because why not?
Instead you got shit like "Hey... listen..." or that impact font meme joke with Grunkle Stan toward the end as Alex reached creative bankruptcy and the Brothers Chaps moved on to other projects.
No they just moved crucial ones into the background (Soos, Wendy, Pacifica) while spamming inconsequential ones (Grenda, the gay cops).
>Gravity falls left you wanting more Gravity falls, not less
Ehh... maybe... but you're comparing a series that ended abruptly over two seasons to one that ended abruptly after meandering for five.

>How so
She never has to face the consequences for her actions and always gets her way, Weirdmageddon Part II is a major example of this and that episode pretty much killed the show. It doesn't help that Dipper always get shat on even when he doesn't deserve it (Roadside Attraction).

>the key President Tuscupes gave the twins ended up being nothing
I still don't get how they couldn't just work that in for a 5 second scene. It just needs a lock and Dipper to reach into his pocket and happen to have it on him. They even foreshadowed it being meaningful when they did the brain scan thing.

Do the words "mystery hack" mean nothing to you?

Sounds like a nickname Sup Forums would come up with for Alex

Why is it that shows like Samurai Jack and Gravity Falls have a main character whose real name we do not know, but they only mention that the name they go by is not their real name in a single episode and if you didn't watch that episode you wouldn't even know the name they go by wasn't there real name and then they never actually reveal it?

I know Dipper's real name was revealed in a book (Mason) and it's widely agreed that Jack's real name should be Mako, but come on those are two mysteries that should have been answered in both shows!

Genndy doesn't like names. When he was asked about the emperor's name he just said "emperor". The emperor even refers to his wife as "mother" in episode I.

>How so?
Don't mind me, just droppin a little old cap here.

Also, the apocalypse and thus the entire series finale arc happened directly because of her actions, and the show just brushes that off like it's no big deal

Because it wasn't just her actions

Jesus Christ, did you people even watch GF? Many mistakes had to happen in order for the apocalypse to take place, not just from Mabel.

Ford deserves a lot more shit than he gets.

The show acknowledged Ford's faults, though, unlike Mabel

The more I think about Samurai Jack's ending, the more I like it.
Whenever I remember Gravity Falls' ending I feel nothing but dread and regret for wasting my time with the show.

Ford's fuck-ups were acknowledged as fuck-ups and he more than paid his dues.
Hirsch Had to bring Blendin into the equation because he couldn't dare to let Mabel make a deal with the devil of her own volition, and she got hang out in her own personal dreamland playground for it. It's not just the fact that Mabel fucked up, but that the Show itself will bend over backwards just to make her look like the perfect little girl.

Sure, it wasn't just her actions, but she was the most direct cause of Bill getting his hands on the rift, it happened because of flaws she had that went unaddressed, and it feels weird to have what feels like such a big major scene only to never bring it up again after it happens

This.

did you faggots want a twenty minute sequence of dipper berating mabel for her mistakes so you can watch her cry? would that make it a better show?

>Gives Bill an actual reason to put her in a paradise bubble instead of killing her, assuming he's bound by official deals
>Makes it far harder to cheap out on Mabel not being called out or feeling guilty, thus learning her lesson and growing as a person
>Doesn't bring Blendin in the fuck out of nowhere with zero explanation only to discard him again right away.
>Wouldn't be out of character considering Mabel's impulsiveness and overall lack of brightness
>Adds a neat thematic thing of ever Pines family member shaking hands with Bill at some point in the series.

Holy shit, Mabel willingly making a deal would've been so much better.

Yes and yes.

You know, anons call Ashi a Mary sue for being a competent, plot relevant female character, but I think the most recent example of mary sues in cartoons are probably Wendy and Mabel. The first one is only defined by being "cool and badass and pretty", everyone loves her, has basically no flaws other than a joke-off handed mention of being "super stressed 24/7" and had no real developement. Mabel may have had flaws, but the show bends backwards in order to not acknowledge them and still portray her as some perfect, quirky, to pure for this world kid in spite of her selfishness. Her mistakes are glossed over, she gets everything she wants, and stagnates everyone around her.

This.

Ah.

I guess it would've been neat if Mabel had called her brother by his real name during a dramatic/emotional moment

Gravity Falls is one of those shows that you dislike the more you think about it. At least, that's what it's like for me.

That's because that's what that is

Seconded. I liked the finale when it came out, in spite of its flaws. But some characters were really unbearable and Alex really stopped caring about things. Even then, I still enjoy watching it ocassionally. It wasn't a bad show, it just had flaws.
Oh, thought it was one of those bonus things that you could find in the credits or a book or the bill cipher reddit.

>Oh, thought it was one of those bonus things that you could find in the credits or a book or the bill cipher reddit.

It might also have been that. I can't quite remember.

>Oh, thought it was one of those bonus things

Well, the letter S falls off the Mystery Shack sign in the show, so it's also an Easter egg of sorts.

Oh.

Jack ending was good, only spergs hate it
Gravity Falls was not good

Gravity Falls

You're also a sperg if you don't hate the rest of the season, though (episodes 1-3 obviously excepted).

People wanted more Gravity Falls because at the rate it was going it was pretty clear that the show wasn't going to be able to neatly tie together the many plotlines and mysteries it had AND give certain characters the development they sorely needed. Nobody wanted GF in the sense that it stayed in line with the latter half of Season 2.

This, plus we wouldn't have had that "it could be anybody, nobody is safe" fakeout, only for it to be some throwaway character we all know is bill from the minute he steps on screen.

They teased that it could even be Mcgucket, Pacifica, Soos, or Wendy. Seems like a wasted opportunity

>ITT: Sup Forums still triggered that Pinecest didn't happen
>Sup Forums stills hates Mabel because she wouldn't fuck her brother
>Sup Forums still hates Alex for not having Mabel and Dipper fuck

Let it go.

That's not what this is about and I think you know that.

It could have been any close friend, who only shows minor changes in their behavior, never explicitly telling us that something isn't quite right but just hinting at it. The reveal could have been shocking, Bill has been watching them, there is nobody he can't get to.

Instead it was some nobody he rode in on once.

Learn to write hacklet.

>if you aren't hopelessly critical and anti-fun then you're a sperg!

That's the opposite of what a sperg is, sperg

no u

sperg

Sure it's not...

>wanting more Pinecest when the finale was 100% codependency status quo already

Speak for yourself. I just wanted Bill to go out as an awesome dream demon with top quality mind games instead of as a generic schoolyard bully, and for Mabel to grow up and respect Dipper's individuality.

Why is the artist so popular here?

guess

Samurai Jack. 13 fucking years for that shitshow.

Kek. What a whiny little bitch. GF ending was comfy af and you're just an autist

This. People's main salt from GF's ending could be summed up like this: we wanted more. I'd say it's better to leave you wanting more than wanting less

Jack got the big battle right but had an unsatisfying conclusion that goes against everything. Gravity Falls had a retarded final battle they thought was so badass, but the actual way they defeat Bill and resolve everything was nice. The only end salt was restoring his memory so easily.

Both endings were sincere efforts by imperfect but hard working and talented creators. Whine all you want, shit your diapers all day long screaming about your headcanons, but I'm grateful for both these artists and their work. But by all means, stay triggered!

We get it Alex, you don't need to keep posting here

So mean buzzwords in one post

So many* is what I meant to type

Alex is used to twitter so buzzwords are all he can type.

I don't feel that badly about Wendy, because she was basically a background character for the first half of the show. She was just there to give Dipper a romantic interest to idolize, so making her ultra-competent and beloved by everyone kinda makes sense for that role. However, once they started including her in more of the main story, they should've taken the time to round out her character more than "I'm always stressed out, 24/7!".

Mabel, on the other hand, is an absolute Mary Sue.

Why's she a sue?

What was the best GF ship and why was it secretly Mabill you baka gaijin desu?

What was the best Samurai Jack ship and why was it anything but Jashi ?

Everybody loves Mabel, and those who don't eventually come around due to her lovable shenanigans, or are punished for not coming around. Throughout the series Dipper sacrifices things that would make him happy for Mabel's sake. Then, in the finale when Dipper tells Mabel to leave her fantasy world, she chews him out, and makes him out to be the bad guy. Hell, she fucking had a "Cool Dipper" replacement for him, and was perfectly fine without him. Until she so graciously decides to sacrifice her fake wonderland to save the world from the apocalypse, which she released and bears no guilt or consequences for, and we're supposed to feel good about her overcoming the temptations she was perfectly fine to revel in.

She's super competent in everything she tries (usually with a cute, unique twist to make her special), and only fails when the mean people don't like her Cuteness. She is an absolute one note character, that's only there for "RANDOM XD" humor; which for a side character would be fine, but as the co-main character of the story, is boring, predictable and lazy. Several times in the series, it's clear that Mabel cares more about Dipper as her twin than as her brother or an individual, and she's never shown to grow out of that.

That's not what Mary Sue means. Let's never use that word again.

Ford is closer to Mary Sue. I see what people mean about Ashi but Ashi's not a Sue just badly written.

whoah, saved

absolutely

Time Baby is immortal. He'll reform in time.

I actually agree with this. Although you are being needlessly prickly, m8. But it's true. I'm glad that these shows both exist. But Sup Forums is a place for Sup Forumsmplaining, not a place for Sup Forumsmpliments. Always has been always will be. We are more entertained by Sup Forumsnflict than Sup Forumsoperation. So expect people to have Sup Forumsmpletely aggressive absurd meltdowns over stuff that's actually mostly pretty good. That's our Sup Forumsmmunity, Sup Forumsmrade.

Absolutely cringeworthy. I forgot how badly some of the users on this very board would self-insert into Dipper. The "internet history" joke probably hit home dead center with some of you.

>Any of those endings being anything but 6/10

Wow if I ignore all the shit aspects of the show any show I watch is really good!!!

They're really good at capturing the authentic tone of the characters.

Things I've noticed lately is that anything the hivemind dislikes is actually pretty great.

While the stuff that Sup Forums universally approves of is always shit.

The Mist

Maybe you just have terrible taste.

Gravity Falls had an alternate ending?

Gravity Falls had a happy ending, so I'll take that over bittersweet nonsense

>cringeworthy.
You have to go back.

Neither. They are both great and if you don't believe in self-discovery through companionship then you're probably a friendless virgin.

>examining a cartoon like it's a science project
You sad strange little man.

>Gravity Falls had a bad ending because I wanted each character to be punished for actions the characters got over but I didn't

>Gravity Falls had a good ending because I liked the show and that means it can't be flawed

The whole reason Mabel gets away with shit is because Hirsch never got as far as fucking his twin sister, but it was real close to happening and she suddenly cut him off. He doesn't get to have her in his life anymore. She's moved on but he still Pines for her.

Hirsch punishes Dipper because Alex is punishing himself for fucking it up, but he made Mabel insufferable and a piece of shit because deep down he feels like his twin sister led him on and dumped him like garbage when it was convenient, and now Hirsch is stuck wanting to fuck his twin and be with her but wanting to hate her and call her out on her shit, and he can't decide what he wants more.

Nah man, Alex is Mabel.
An emotionally stunted, self indulgent mess. Fantasizing about his childhood and lashing out at his sister for doing what Dipper should have done, moving on.