Is there any point in seeing this film?

The story arc is just going to be Peter loses and earns the suit again, and it's most likely the "Doesn't need to earn a spot on the Avengers' will be ignored in Infinity Wars. We've seen Tony and Peter interact already. The villain looks basic. Why is there so much hype for this film everywhere outside Sup Forums?

People like Spider-Man and want to see his first movie in the MCU.

If you like Spider-Man and want to see a slightly different interpretation I guess you'd see it, but otherwise no.

you could make this argument about pretty much every super hero movie after seeing a trailer. they are all pretty predictable. no one goes to these movies for huge surprises. Yeah we've seen these characters interact before so what? does that mean don't see a sequel movie because you saw the main cast interact in the first movie?
The only reason to see these movies are:
>you like the character/characters
> you like the actors
> you like the mcu

if you don't like one or all of those things don't see any mcu movie that's not an origin if you don't like seeing characters that know each other from other movies interact

>The villain looks basic

It's a damn start-off movie. Not every movie needs a high tier bad guy.

Shouldn't you open up with a big villain to get the hype rolling for a franchise? I mean, Cap 1 did start with Red Skull.

who would they go with instead, green goblin has been done twice now and venom, electro, an sandmans debuts didn't exactly go over well.

The second trailer gave away a lot of the film. My hype for this film is maybe slightly higher than nothing, which is the way I felt when I saw the Amazing SM movies. Also I don't like the costume. I know that's really petty, but I don't like it. Ironically enough, one of the worst things ASM2 did was have a perfect costume since that meant that Disney would have to redesign it.

>dreamworks face

MOTHER
FUCKING
MYSTERIO

and the good villains like doc ock or mediocre villains like doctor connors have already been done and i doubt they want to make the mistake of retreading the same villains again

>Mysterio

This is the "first" movie, they're not gonna blow their load this early.

so a guy who is also a no powers tech based villain like the vulture, thats not much of an improvement even if mysterio is the cooler of the 2.

>Hollywood special effects villain
>In a Hollywood movie

They could LITERALLY do whatever they wanted.

This is the sixth fucking Spider-Man film that is purposely avoiding the things the previous franchises have done. If you're skipping Uncle Ben's death cause we know it already, why do we have to build up the villains like it's a video game?!
Mysterio at least is something we haven't seen. Falcon and Spider-Man already fought in Civil War.

Ditko Spidey looks cool, but isn't the whole point of Spider-Man is that no one knows who he is? Why does he have a chubby sidekick?

OH BOY! A Spider-Man franchise made from the bottom of the barrel of Spider-Man villains!

I can't wait for a Scorpion film! Or a Kraven film where they have o bullshit up a reason how Kraven, a normal human can hurt Spider-Man when Spidey could stop Bucky's metal hand with his own fist!

I'm with you on them not having Uncle Ben's death being stupid and everything. I think they should treat Homecoming like it's a Spider-Man movie rather than being just another part of a franchise. I'm just saying they should start of with lower level villains for this one rather than go all out just because they can.

The story arc is just going to be Diana fights Ares and becomes Wonder Woman and it most likely will be ignored in Justice League. We've seen Bruce and Diana interact already. The villain looks basic. Why is there so much hype for this film everywhere outside Sup Forums?

But that's my biggest gripe of the film. Why should I bother if it's just going to be a low ball entry that doesn't have
A) MJ
B) Gwen
C) JJJ
D) Pretty much any Spider-Man staple so they can milk them in future films?

This is like how the Ghostbusters films teased Zuel/Gozer at the end of the first film. Why waste our time if we've could be seeing the more interesting shit already? You already established people are sick of retelling Spider-Man, so why do it again?

>Is there any point in seeing this film?
Twink Tom Holland

Hey, you know why this case is different?

WE HAVEN'T HAD FIVE WONDER WOMAN FILMS YET!!!!!

I hesitate to call that thing that appeared in Amazing Spider-Man 2 "Green Goblin".

You already seen him dress like a maid, why not jack off to that?

You can't make both the argument that you don't want to watch it because it doesn't have the same familiar elements AND that you don't want to watch it because you don't want to see a retelling.
Pick a reason.

By the way early on in Spidey comics
>no MJ
>no Gwen
>no JJJ

I agree with you but doing Green goblin for a third time in a row would put a pretty bad taste in most peoples mouths ESPECIALLY after tasm 2.

>user has to post on Sup Forums to pretend that he won't see a movie because he needs dickriding points from other contrarian cocksuckers

So I heard a rumor that Sony's doing a Venom movie starring Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock.

I want it to be true. I don't care how good it is.

But I've been burned before.

Has anyone else heard this?

Do you understand how the internet works?
It's not a guy who told you in private about that rumor, so chances are other people read that article and made threads about it on Sup Forums, yes.

>Kraven, a normal human
It's cute that you pretend to know what you're talking about.

Yes user. Apparently sony's going rogue in the face of a shit track record baring the 2nd Raimi film.

Also >
vague contractual obligations potentially being trounced upon. Maybe.

>Why is there so much hype for this film everywhere outside Sup Forums?
Because unlike most places, we know this film is just canon, but not SUPER canon.

>Implying I haven't
I have a crush on him, I need more

Sony is letting Marvel use Spider-Man the character, that's it.

Sony is going to milk the rest of the mythos on their own.

> The villain looks basic

>its a first movie, its okay to have a basic villain

No. I don't think anything Michael Keaton does is basic. I'm hyped because of HIM. Comics vulture sucks and being a first movie shouldn't be an excuse for anything shitty that happens in this movie.

it has to happen each movie or else they lose their street cred.

Kraven would've been such a fun and unique villain to bring to the MCU. Just imagine this big smiley Russian who wants to hunt this Spider-Man. Sounds grim but he could've easily been one of the most enjoyable villains they have.

Instead, they go with Spider-Man's lamest villain, an old man with wings.
>But it's his first villain
By introducing Kraven, you can show Spider-Man that there are those who can equal, and even best him on a tactical and physical level without it being a mega-powerful villain like Venom that should be reserved for a trilogy finale. He can severely underestimate him, get whooped, and fight back.
Plus, I like that Kraven's motive is just to hunt Spidey, no sob story needed

To be quite honest, I've been a pretty big Spider-Man fan since birth (first toy was a Spider-Man plush), and even I'm not to excited to see this film. I enjoyed TASM, and even TASM 2 to a certain degree, but this one looks particularly, bland, and I'm really sick of the MCU's formula.

It's Marvel, better than DC or Sony.

Wasn't really saying it's okay nor claim they were using a basic villain. Just saying they don't need to use the flashiest of bad guys for every movie installment. Just like every hero movie needs doomsday or world ending shit happening.

But the whole point of Spidey being his Last Huntâ„¢ is that Spidey is established as someone who is hard to defeat. Having Kraven hunt down a Spidey who is a beginner in a universe wihere he's barely known seems to defeat the point. Right now, he really doesn't look like the hardest game.