Wasn't the sword supposed to be the only thing capable of hurting him?

wasn't the sword supposed to be the only thing capable of hurting him?

Aku can get hurt. Hell, Aku can get sick. He just can't die without the sword doing it.

No.

Hey can be hurt by other things, just not killed.

I think it was the only thing capable of KILLING him

pretty sure anything could hurt him, but he'd just be like "ow" while still being a shiftless mass of black evil that you're ultimately not destroying

Where are those from?

This.

Samurai Jack.

Why was Aku completely destroyed this time but just went dormant when Jack's father defeated him?

Gangster episode

ANYTHING can hurt him, just rewatch Jack and the Zombies, but the Sword stops his regeneration and prevents him from reforming, that's why the edges get red and dissolve away when the sword hit's him.

Thing is, Aku's strength is that there's no real way to stop him, he can just keep going and going and going and going. There's no way to beat him, just cases of immortals like being able to go on forever just like him making him think it's not worth it.

Fuck, time to rewatch the show,I don't remember any of these episodes

Stabbing Aku into the ground vs stabbing Aku into his own spire castle thing while shouting "no more"? Maybe.

No it's the only capable of KILLING him, important difference

He stabbed Aku into the pit of hate, Aku's original point of origin. The Pit of Hate is literally a part of Aku, it grew out of the shard of the ultimate being that the gods tore apart, so him stabbing it had the same effect as stabbing Aku. When Jack's dad stabbed him into the earth, it merely put him in a place he could not escape from, when Jack stabbed him into the POH, it destroyed both, leaving nothing left for Aku to resurrect from.

jack's father explains it in the first episode, something about his spirit being the reason that happened.

Nope.

Going at him without the sword is like going at Raime without putting out the smelters. You'll hurt him, but you'll never kill him.

Episode where Jack joins the Mafia.

I loved so much seeing him being punched like that.

The Robot Samurai always seemed to be part Magical, the way that Jack was "inside" it like a spirit is very different from being "piloted" like the robots were doing, so it is likely that they modified it on these years to be their new "Mondo-Bot".

If it was a magical construct made by ancient jaoanese people, as it was implied on the original episode, maybe it had the power to wound Aku a little. Just like Ghost Scotman got a huge power up and was able to use his music to harm Aku and even destroy pieces of him.

I thought he would transform into his final boss form when he started enveloping the tower.

Why the fuck did it explode?

How do you forget the mobsters?

>The Pit of Hate

The Pit of Hate is a vague place that Aku refers to where he sends slaves. He also summoned Demongo from there.

Aku's castle is the place we actually see.

And it moves all the time, so your interpretation is meaningless.

The real answer is that Jack is more pure of heart than his dad was, and his goodness was able to defeat evil once and for all (since the sword is a manifestation of human goodness triumphing over evil).

It didn't actually hurt him. It just moved him around. Physics apply to him.

Jack's father said it in the first episode. It depends on the warrior.

It literally ripped his horns off.

The sword is the only thing that can deal mortal wounds. Most attacks don't even phase him, but you can set him reeling for a bit with a high enough tier of attack.

That's just a physical change.

I'm gonna need some sauce for those fries.

/thread.

So, how did Samurai Jack end? I'm too lazy to go through and watch the whole season, and I'm bored, so tell me what happened.

Have you ever watched Tengen Toppa Gurran Laggan?

jack went back to the past and killed aku.

ASHI GAINED AKU'S POWERS AND WENT LUL WE GO TO PAST NOW AND THEN JACK KILLED PAST AKU IN 5 SECONDS AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER (NOT REALLY ASHI EVAPORATED LOL)

Rushed

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE IS A SITH

Is anyone willing to take this image but make it about ashi instead?

>NOT REALLY ASHI EVAPORATED LOL
Ashi's death made the episode go from meh to straight 10/10, though.

>no mobsters show up to the battle
Bummer

While I would have liked to see Don Pibbles, it wasn't really in character

Could have seen them watching Aku's broadcast, though

imagine ttgl end but worse

There was nothing illegal about him being a Sith. In fact his philosophical beliefs were protected under Galactic Republic Law.

>ASHI GAINED AKU'S POWERS AND WENT LUL WE GO TO PAST NOW
And that's where everything went downhill for me.

hey is that a jojos

yeah, part 7

Part 7
The boy got shafted hard
Probably my only complaint from the arc is that gyros purpose for running the race got sidwlined this hard

I feel like Aku got stronger as the seasons went on. Just look at his feats in season 5 or Jack and the zombies, the elementals wouldn't have survived it.

yeah, remember his lazer couldn't do too much in earlier seasons. Now his laser is an instant KO move.

I dunno consider the Elementals were immortal and created by a full blown goddess (and Aku is weaker than any of the gods we've seen appear). They probably could still keep him at bay 3 v 1.

I felt really bad for him here. He looks so terrified.

He just used it against weaklings though.

his voice in this part really sealed the deal for me. He knew he was well and truly fucked at that point.

They should redo Aku's voice in the earlier episodes. It sounded almost perfect in the last two.

Ehh

I think the reason he sounded so weird was because he was quite literally depressed since that FOOOOLISH SAMURAI wasn't dead after 50 years.

I didn't hate it as much as some people did but he sounded Russian at one point.

Question; when Aku squashed those Archers and Woolies,did he just kill them, or did he Aku-ify them into a bunch of tiny Aku clone footsoldiers? The way it played out, it seemed like the latter, which is a lot more horrifying than straight up killing them.

There was no viscera where he squashed them so I'll say akuified. BLACKED

Agreed, I almost didn't notice the change after he broadcasted the original Samurai Jack OP.

>eldritch horror
>not horrible

Aku takes on a semi-human form for convenience

I got the impression it was the latter.

>daughter of aku has aku's powers
>"wow this is stupid"

Really, fag?

I honestly would have much preferred Jack defeat Aku in the future and he stay with Ashi and all the friends he made along the journey. There's basically nothing for him in the past. He spent 50 years in the future so that's where he should feel more at home.

>I would prefer if we just ignored the plot and did what feels comfy

I think what killed it for me is that she instantly made the connection not only that she could send them to the past, but knew exactly how to do it. It's a scene that really highlights how rushed the last two episodes feel.

This and the fact that she immediately was able to use all the powers well enough to match Aku blow for blow.

>Ignoring the plot
>Implying
Jack going back to the past was never something that had to happen it was just his driving force. Jack should have seen that he had a good thing in the future after Aku was defeated and stayed like that. It would be much better than throwing away all the characters we and he knew. At least have it so that Ashi didn't easily use the time power and she could have worked up to it so they had more time together.

I would have preferred it if he defeated Aku in the future and THEN returned to also defeat him in the past.

It's called an asspull. Genndy just did a Fairy Tail.

He would have had to have some kind of spiritual reconciliation with his parents for a 'stay in the future' ending to be satisfying, where they congratulate him on killing Aku and tell him what's in the past is the past, etc etc.

Maybe he could have been nearly killed in the final fight with Aku due to some final dirty trick, and he sees his parents, and they do all that and then tell him to go back, he turns around and sees Ashi waiting for him, wakes up and she's crying on his chest while he's surrounded by all his friends, or something sappy like that.

That would have been better than what we got. Why am I supposed to be happy that the people of the past lived when I never got attached to those characters? The fuck is Jack supposed to do now that he's back in the past? He apparently didn't have any friends then so there's nothing to return to then. All the good times with his friends were totally wiped away never to return. None of his friends will ever even exist.

It's by ICS, who is known for gender bender comics like that.

Why didn't he chase Jack back to the past?

Laziness

>Jack going back to the past was never something that had to happen it was just his driving force.
If Jack didn't go back to the past to undo the future that is Aku, he would have failed.

It would be a bad end regardless of what better future he could make after defeating Aku with everyone he knew.

Jack had a defined goal and ignoring that goal in order to be happy is out of character for him.

It's not that he would have ignored him. The option shouldn't have been open. He would have made peace with the situation. Sure he would have failed his original goal but he would have saved the world and he would understand that that was the way things should be.

I love this Earth, Wind, and Fire reference

Season 6 where it's revealed that the Aku timeline continues to exist, and Ashi didn't vanish she just returned to the future, and all the characters are trying to get Jack to return?

I'd be okay with a season 6, but I'd also be okay with there not being one.

Either way, I can tell there was a big debate over whether Jack reverts time or defeats Aku in the current time.

It would be kind of fucked if the alternate timeline happens, at the point of Aku's imminent defeat Jack fucks off back in time leaving everyone fucked.

>Sure he would have failed his original goal but he would have saved the world and he would understand that that was the way things should be.
That's a good ideal if the goal was to just defeat Aku. But it wasn't.

It was to find a way to the past to undo the future that is Aku.

We had an entire season now specifically so he can finally get closure by going back to the past.

Like I said before. It's not like the goal he started with absolutely had to end up happening.

>It's not like the goal he started with absolutely had to end up happening.
If you wanted the journey to actually mean something, then yes, it did need to end up happening somehow.

Except Jack literally gave up on going to the past just so he could help the people of Aku's future multiple times. Did you even watch the show or did you just listen to the theme song you fucking idiot?

No it didn't. The journey has nothing to do with the destination.

>The all powerful sword of the Samurai. The only thing that can harm me.

there's nothing as satisfying as seeing a bully who fucked with you for years get his face punched in
anyone else cream themselves at this?

That would've been awesome.

>Jack vs. 2 Akus

If you watched the early seasons instead of starting on the latest one, you'd know

you are retarded
that would have been a finale, no we had to rush it and have half the episode as anime tier nostalgic pandering filler shit

this i don't remember that happening

The destination was freeing the world from Aku.

What is better, a world that had never had the rule of Aku, or a world that needed to recover from a world of Aku? If Jack had the option, he would have done the former no question.

I'd say allocate less time for Jashi awkward romantic stuff and more for actual fights. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Tumblrina going REEE HETERO but way too much time was spent on the romance

Maybe they operate under something similar to the bad theory Doc Brown had in BttF2 where he thought interacting with ones self from a different point in time would cause some sort of catastrophic reaction that would blow a hole in the fabric of reality.

Why didn't Aku just infect the entire world with black goo or something?

Just how much adderall are you on?

No seriously, how autistic are you?

you don't enjoy seeing people getting just desserts?
I'd say you're the autist

Have you watched episode 1 where Jack had visions of all the people of the past begging him to rescue them and reminding him that he's FORGOTTEN HIS PURPOSE?

Have you watched the other episodes where Jack was telling nostalgic tales to Ashii about his homeland and the land as a whole before Aku swept in?

Not to the point of orgasm. Look I know you got your yugioh cards ripped in half on the school yard but let it go

Sorry but the fight wasn't earned at all.

If the season was just about getting all the shit together that we see, then it would have been satisfying. But as is? It's a toy your mother buys you to shut up, not one you save your allowance for.

As such, it has no value and it will be quickly discarded.

its not even the relationship shit
they showed a bunch of returning characters for little reason walking to TV's which just had stagnant pictures of flames on them
aku didn't directly effect half of them so they are going to be fucked when jack's travel into the future is removed.
wasted time on the old intro
wasted time on the "fight it ashi" repeat button
wasted time on the "oh the good guys might actually be helping but are doing absolutely nothing vs aku" scenes
it just felt like a lot of time was wasted for little reason
a fight between 2 akus would at least have been a kind of badass way to go out, let the last bits of the show shine on what made it good, the fights, the idea of good triumphing over evil. the stanch choices in art design, not some half ass fan pandering