Star vs News

We have new info from some people who attended the Meet & Greet with Nefcy in Mexico

facebook com/ALFRELY22/posts/1736347989738896

Translation:
>Just came from the Meet and Greet with Daron Nefcy, it was incredible, was nice and we were able to record everything. Also she really liked our gift and autographed everything we had with us.

>These are some of the things she revealed:
>1) She already knows how the show will end
>2) Ferguson and Alfonzo were created because it was a Disney requirement, they wanted Marco to have male friends. Then she didn’t know what to do with them, so she ignored them. However they're gonna be back in S3.
>3) Probably gonna see more Tomco moments.
>4) She has ideas for other series.
>5) In the episode "Storm In The Castle," Star did a Dip Down (confirmed).
>6) Probably all Ludo's Monsters died, although some may have survived.
>7) Eclipsa's arm seems cut because she pulled her arm out of her glove, just like Star pulled her feet out of her socks.

facebook com/ALFRELY22/videos/1738819112825117/

Summary/Translation (starts at 4 min.):
>New ending with a new song
>Pic related is a frame from the new ending, but it doesn't reveal much info about the season
>Pic description: Star is in Mewni and she's in one of the castle's towers looking at the sunset with the sky full of moons and the famous moon with the asteroids, it goes from sunset to night. Image is a sketch of what the new ending is.
>The ending is 30 seconds long approx.
>Nefcy's explanation for the change is the last ending was too happy because she was on Earth and everything was fine so Daron decide to put something more neutral to the situation
>The new song is "more epic" and heroic
>Apparently, the lyrics of the new song have a lot of information about the season
>Nefcy wanted to make an anime-like ending so she did it and she's so happy with the result

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZbFvuJjaydc
youtube.com/watch?v=tmmqBAwxG-0
my.mixtape.moe/ycthce.flac
youtube.com/watch?v=Zg1bWZAu_uY
my.mixtape.moe/ltyklf.flac
youtube.com/watch?v=yXIhF8ezsQI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3BsvRwrulM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love how we know F&A will be back but absolutely no word on Jackie.
Being "Jackied" will replace being "F&A'd" and they'll be more important than her. That'd be hilarious.

They're going to break up, but it's pretty obvious she can't say anything about that because it's a big plot development.

So I guess we can put to bed the fears that after the first episode the status quo will be restored. It'll be Mewni for the rest of the season.

But if it's common knowledge they'll break up why can't she confirm whether or not Jackie is even on the show

It's not really common knowledge, it's just commonly assumed because that's just how Disney shows typically turn out. Main girl and main guy end up together.

Of course they can't formally confirm that.

>actually going to stay in Mewni this season
That's so cool.

>Disney requirement for a guy to have male friends while Dipper got none

>Between Friends has finally included penetration

thank you for translate and improve my shitty translation, just too fast

No Jackie, you cannot watch

I'd feel worse for Jackie if she was a character instead of a drama device.

>Western cartoon actually updates it's OPs and EDs to fit the change in scenario

Is this real life

What do you think the lyrics to the new credits theme will be?

She really is the only character in the show I can't feel sympathy for.
Hell, I even felt bad with the implication Ferguson and Alfonzo got shafted in universe. They were goofy enough for me to care for their well being as people.
Jackie I cannot see as a real person. No one is that nice, understanding, or chill unconditionally. On top of that, yes, she exists solely to stir drama on the Starco front.
I honest to God value Ferguson and Alfonzo more as characters. I'll actually be happy the day they confirm they have no plans to do anything else with her.

We're not worried. We know the real score.

Well technically GF did that for the finale

>check the blog
>They… did it? They did it. ^///^
>I was going to make a joke but neh ^ ^

IT'S FUCKIN REAL

AND BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF S3 AS WELL

What a bland, inoffensive, down-to-the-t-sk8r-gurl-stereotype, wet paper towel of a "character". Glad there's no mention of her.
Did we finally get rid of all the Jackiefags?

Hah, look at the poor Starcuck.

I WANT TO CUM INSIDE STAR!

You're really not helping the case for the Jackiefags. Shit like this just makes everyone hate her more, and you give no solid evidence as to why we should care that she's being removed.

A finale doesn't count.

Well, no matter what I put up you'll just ignore it and go "JACKIE IS A PLOT DEVICE" so, fuck off.

I'm pretty neutral to this whole thing and I like Jackie but she does sort of feel like a plot device more than anything, hopefully they'll develop her more after the breakup.

>breakup
[citation needed]

Because she is and you need to accept it. Hardly anyone else seriously invests in her, it's frustrating she gets as much attention in these threads as it is.
She's ultimately a character of little true lasting impact once Starco happens, and she's less enjoyable than Ferguson and Alfonzo. At least you can argue they had personality.
It's the same goddamn arguments over and over again with you Jackiefags, but you guys have such a boner for this thicc chill sk8r gurl that you won't get it through your damn heads. She's going away and it shouldn't bother anyone.

You're awfully anger for a character that doesn't impact you, as you say Jackie doesn't. Yet, here you are.

I'm pretty sure you're memeing but if you're not, I advice you you start getting used to the idea or the disappointment will kill you.

I'm angry for the bombardment of Jackie in many of these threads. What's discussed about her has been done to death.
I can not care about Jackie in the show but care immensely about how much she's talked about here.

Is it just me or do Star's horns look more pronounced in that picture.

>bew ending
WE ANIME NOW
POST YOUR NEW ENDING youtu.be/ZbFvuJjaydc

Doesn't seem to be posted much more than other characters, actually, including OCs.

>current year
>still getting angry about things
The poor thing must be really low on (you)llars.

>getting used to the idea or the disappointment will kill you
[citation needed]

Bitch, bitch, moan, moan, seriously, it's like you Starcucks like the idea of suffering.

What the fuck why do so many spics like this show?

>posting any ZEXAL ending besides Zetsubou no Freesia
Please, stop.

I'm talking about relative to her importance or her general level of interest. How come she appears quite frequently, yet most people either hate or are, in most cases, extremely indifferent (in my eyes worse) about her?

Thats for season 4 ending.

>WE ANIME NOW

nice!

This meme has gone too far.

You really must be an autistic lore-only fag if you actually ponder that behaviour during hiatus on Sup Forums.

Maybe the one of the main characters is mexican?

>Pic description: Star is in Mewni and she's in one of the castle's towers looking at the sunset with the sky full of moons and the famous moon with the asteroids, it goes from sunset to night. Image is a sketch of what the new ending

>Apparently, the lyrics of the new song have a lot of information about the season

youtube.com/watch?v=tmmqBAwxG-0

Post screencaps of your waifu/husbandoand judge each other's taste

I just finished the second season. Someone please tell me, is Marco having the mind of a 30 year old ever going to be touched upon? His comment about not even knowing his computer's password fucked me up and it was never brought up again.

Fallen angel was so good
It was address in the book and livestream that the 16 years was a hazy dream to him

Why are those girls covered in milk like that?

>the last ending was too happy
>anime-like ending

welp, guess it's my.mixtape.moe/ycthce.flac

boo fly survived

THUMBY-BUMPIES
But is Boo Fly going to work for Toffee again, or is he going to work for his unnamed employer still? Or is Buff Frog going to convince him to work with Star in whatever army Moon is going to amass to oppose the returned threat? More importantly, why do I care?

>a hazy dream

>from a modernized mewni
>still uses a sword

seconding

youtube.com/watch?v=Zg1bWZAu_uY

Swords are cool.

>Deleted
Hotpockets out in force tonight. It was the shorthair monstar with a collar. You know who you are. At least give me a drawfag name

Nefcy continues the suffering train. The madwoman just doesn't stop.All the suffering theories of Star turning dark under Eclipsa, or Dies Irae seem within possibility now.

ONE WHOLE SEASON OF SUFFERING

What is Japan's obsession with taking cute things and making them unnecessarily dark, disturbing, and lewd? Why must everyone suffer? Why can't we just have a show full of fun and adventure? Why does my princess have to hurt so badly?

Fair enough, but Sup Forums told me that diversity representation was a meme though?

>Nefcy wanted to make an anime-like ending so she did it and she's so happy with the result

Just what you'd expect from the master, Mrs. Nefcy.

A niche corner of Twitter exploded when they found out Janna's last name is Ordana, out of the slight possibility that she might actually be Filipino, which means that they are being "represented" in media. Even if their represented by a necrophilic occultist thief.

Because in this day and age, the regular magical princess shit doesn't sell as well

Shut up I still like her

Marco isn't a token beaner though. He'd pass for white if you never met his parents. He's got a well written character, his ethnicity is not the most interesting thing about him. I bet beaners appreciate a spic character who is actually interesting and likeable.

shouldn't be a meme in this case since Marco is only half mexican and latinos in general are quite common in Cali anyway, so it would be just acknowledging the local realty.

Her problem is that she's perfect. I mean, she's a cardboard cut out of everything I would ever want in a woman. But that's all she is. She has no soul. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Jackie is a Toffee plot to fuck up Star.

They identify better with hurt people, or it activates their nurturing instincts.

Wait, like Jackie is a Toffee lot all along, and not like he corrupts her or anything in an emotionally vulnerable state?

No soul? Not even while trying to help Marco and sympathize with him in Just Friends, or her expressions and overall goofiness and eventual insecurity in Starcrushed?

>Fallen Angels

HQ version: my.mixtape.moe/ltyklf.flac

She doesn't need to confirm it. A boarder, Kristen Gish, said there'd be more Jackie in the next season.

I don't think just totally acting like a character doesn't exist is a thing this show does. Even Ferguson and Alfonzo were still in the background and all.

Of course that could just mean one breakup episode and she's gone, but we know she'll still be there and have lines and shit.

>It was addressed in the book and livestream
We never get any information about the consequences of the 16 year timeskip from the book, just in the livechat.

>that the 16 years was a hazy dream to him
It's not a hazy dream, it was confirmed in the livechat to be more like hazy childhood memories.

Here's the second livechat with Marco:
youtube.com/watch?v=yXIhF8ezsQI

Transcript of the relevant question below:

[25:04] Q: "How was it to spend 16 years alone, and then come back to Earth as a kid?"
>"This is a great question. Yeah, a lot of people want to know... if... I've been deeply, deeply affected."
>"And well... I can tell you that, it's kind of a weird feeling. I feel... I remember everything that happened over those 16 years... definitely... can... remember it all."
>"But it... since I got back to Earth it's all becoming... a little more and more hazy. Like... almost like... a memory you had when you were a kid or something. You can remember it but... it's getting harder and harder to put details together."
>"Although I do remember Nachos, my dragon cycle."
>"I remember my sweet sword. I remember my abs."
>"And of course... the lovely Hekapoo." (she portal smacks him again)
>"You know what? Maybe I'll go visit her soon."

So he can "remember it all", but it's "getting harder and harder to put details together". He likens the experience to thinking back on "memories you had when you were a kid or something". But he can definitely remember Nachos, swords, abs, and Hekapoo.

Personally, it just feels like a cop-out answer so he can avoid answering questions about things that have never been set in stone by Nefcy/storyboarders. That's why he just pivots to listing things that we saw happen in the episode, it's just him falling back to obviously canon details. But that's just my own interpretation.

This one seems relevant.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3BsvRwrulM

I would agree. More than likely they didn't anticipate, either out of negligence or thinking the audience would be less mature, questions being asked that affect canon and plot. That's why in the final live stream Nefcy was there, because they finally realized, "Well, everyone's going to ask what Marco's going to do next, someone needs to be there to save Adam when the questions pile up."

The right enjoys sweet things, e.g. cream.

The left is just a slut and it's probably semen instead of cream.

You know why super satan

Jackie was a Toffee plot to fuck Star up. Think about it, Jackie asks Marco out on the same day that Star is going to be hanging out with Janna? And then when Marco is gone and Star is all distracted, her book gets stolen?
Toffee has been trying to ruin Star. First he destroys her wand and then he steals her book and mentor. Is it too much of a reach that he would drag her closest ally and pillar of support away from her too?

And also Jackie has green eyes which makes her untrustworthy.

I'm thinking maybe from the crew's perspective when working on it could've seemed totally obvious it'd be like a dream/distant memory-- like maybe that was actually written into the outlines they worked from when doing the boards-- but then they didn't realize the audience wouldn't have that perspective, and so didn't do enough to actually convey that idea in the show itself.

That also makes sense. We can only extrapolate what the writers are thinking based on the details they present to us, and without minute details, the audience tries to piece together what's hidden within the lines. Which is how we have Dies Irae.

oh wait that wasn't weird political commentary never mind

That conflicts with the ending of RwS though.

They go out of their way to show the 16 years didn't just vanish when he gets back, e.g. him not remembering his password, remarking/being surprised about how his hamburger is still warm, actually taking the dogs for a walk instead of using the scissors as he did when he was younger (showing he's matured).

If their perspective from the get-go was really to make it seem like hazy childhood memories, they did a completely shit job of it. Which is why the hazy childhood memories explanation comes off more like back-pedaling/a copout than something they planned out all along.

The right also enjoys betrayal although I guess most people still consider the shitty cliffhanger ending non-canon.

That's sort of what I was getting at.

Like they didn't think about it enough because even though it's sort of important re: the scissors/Hekapoo, it's not really "plot important" the way other stuff was. So they didn't expect fans would take it that seriously, and just did that ending scene because they thought it'd be cool or funny or something.

Like they thought the episode was lighthearted enough fans wouldn't think too much about the implications, and so neither did they when boarding it.

I actually thought they were sort of doing the "dream" interpretation for the episode even before that livechat (not childhood memories like Adam said, that's too specific), with the signs of adult Marco mostly fading away and all, but I agree they didn't actually do enough to express that and make it unambiguous.

>No soul?

Fish have no soul user

>lighthearted
>after returning from sixteen years of 1980s sword and sorcery sci-fi adventures his room is a dull, drab gray where no music is playing and all that's heard is the sound of the rain
>cool or funny

Yeah, in the sense that it's overly dramatic when the rest of the season isn't going to refer to that again besides the changed scissors.

I'm not saying I actually feel this way; I'm saying probably someone on the crew thought that'd be hilarious. The ending is honestly the only thing that really fucks with the episode

Maybe instead of a mermaid, Jackie turns out to be a deep one.

what if star was really aroused and her wings expanded and fluttered and she was leaving purple hearts all over the place

If Seaple were dagons I would be happy.

No, you're thinking of the Japanese.

You're describing Mewberty, user.

oh shit whoops

I think it's a sign of good writing that there are polar opposite views on Jackie ("SHE'S SHIT" vs "SHE'S WAY BETTER THAN STAR")

>Deep one Jackie vs Warform Mewberty Star

that'd be fuckawesome

WHATS THE DIFFRANCE

HARHARHAR

>WHATS THE DIFFRANCE
>HARHARHAR
The Japanese are yellow

>hekapoo will never kidnap you into another dimension and groom you for 16 years into her sex slave