Sup Forums BTFO. The Last Jedi grossing over billion dollars worldwide

*Crushes your expectation.*

I feel like she's going to chomp my dick off

>makes 1/2 of what was expected
>this is good

I see you're one of those city retards.

>50%

it needed 800 million to break even, anyone can read fucking wikipedia you can't OP.

>Avatar ($2.788 billion)
>Titanic ($2.187 billion)

I still didn't like it

>*crushes your expectationg*

We know. They're a billion dollars short of the mark.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

"Not an argument" isn't an argument, try again.

>half of what they were expecting
>only gets 56% of that
>probably spent hundreds of millions of dollars on advertisement (there's literally four different Nissan/TLJ commercials i shit you not)

> a bad movie based on a franchise with a HUGE fanbase makes money

Stand alone film completely separate of that brand with the same plot and characters would have crashed and burnt.

>make half what the original made, a movie with high reviews that was praised by most people
>only going to hurt the 3rd movie
its been 3 years and star wars is already on a steep decline

> 56%

What a more simple, much more honest and genuine time that was.

The first one that came out in 2015 did well over 2 billion, some sources say over 2.2 billion, was much better received, sold merchandise very well.

Rogue One and The Last Jedi are selling like shit, the Last Jedi has 50 percent less merchandise in the stores, its going to end at least 500 million under Force Awakens at 1.5 billion vs 2 billion and its deeply divided the fans and has a 50 percent on Rotten Tomatoes and 4.6 on Metacritic. This movie is a big fat disappointment for Disney.

50%

In the fucking LA Auto Show the entire Nissan display was Star Wars themed. They took a bunch of their cars and glued X-wings on them and shit like that. The marketing budget for this project must've been insane to get a Japanese car company to fuck with the one show they have to advertise THEIR product.

How do we rangeban women from Sup Forums? I feel like that would drastically cut down the amount of pro-TLJ threads here.

A few of the Transformers movies grossed over a billion. We're talking like 3 and 4.

this same fucking guy, every time, just rambling nonsense

What do you do in the outside world? Try that.

>he's never seen an autist try and force a meme

So it's not covering the 3 billion dollars that ESPN is causing.

It's star wars.
Are you telling me people expected it to epic fail?

Its everywhere. People have showed photos of Star Wars stickers on their bananas, oranges in bags advertising the Last Jedi, etc. I saw The Last Jedi all over the grocery store when I shopped last week.

I don't know if I have ever lived through a time where one movie punted more of its advertisement up my ass than this movie. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they spent 250 million to advertise this thing.

>outside world

Fuck off normie.

>IT WILL MAKE 1.9 BILLION
>IT WILL MAKE 1.7 BILLION
>IT WILL MAKE 1.5 BILLION
>IT WILL MAKE 1.4 BILLION
weeks of disapointment and losing out to Jumanji later
>HAHAHAHA Sup Forums BTFO IT FINALLY CROSSED 1 BILLION

The most recent successful forced meme I saw was the Bogdanoffs. There was a tipping point where it suddenly became accepted on Sup Forums. Around the time of hwndu.

Collectable paper towels.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Fucking normies. Us autists, huh?...us autists.

>and its deeply divided the fans

This point going forward will be interesting. People have been swearing off Star Wars because of the Last Jedi, saying they won't see any more films. Sure they're probably just bluffing and will come back to see the movies in theaters, but they're not buying merchandise anymore and they won't see the movies multiple times. That's irreparable damage, damage to the brand.

>Yo, where my fourth weekenders at? I've always said the fourth weekend is just the time atmosphere for a big film.

We had dipshits on both sides of the spectrum. Many were saying it wouldn't break a bill.

This. Disney really needs to stop shilling, people will generally forgive (even corperations) if the fuck up and come clean. Trying to control the narrative after a fuck up will make people hate you. (Not Sup Forums but a good example is the Clinton campaign)

All of the damage control is making me resent them further, yes. It's one thing to just have a bad movie, it happens... but it's another to pay shills to write articles that start out "Here's Why You're Wrong About Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi" That's fucking infuriating. It's only ever occurred with this and 2016 Ghostbusters to my knowledge.

Too bad he's bought by the mouse

wasn't it supposed to hit 1.7-2 billion?

They even raised the price to $20 a ticket here Everything else is $12. But, you get a limited edition poster with the ticket purchase....

>I've already refuted your representation based arguments
NO YOU DIDN'T LOLOL

samefag detected

You have to go back

WE DID IT, LADS.

>I am unaware there is such thing as dvd, blu ray, and digital sales

HURR DURR

That's some bullshit, but falls in line with what Disney did to fuck theaters over. I don't know the specifics, but the contract was in order to get TLJ, they needed to run it for weeks on their biggest screens, and they also get more of the profits. That's probably why your theater just said fuck it and made TLJ cost more, they need to recoup the cost of showing it.

Another point along with rewatching and merchandise, none of those people are buying the BDs either. Goes with less merch sold. You're gonna see these discs shelfwarm for a long time and Walmart, Target, and Best Buy are going to get fucked by it.

>this same fucking guy
Are you that stupid?

Does anyone actually want to buy this garbage?

You seriously think there will be zero sales of dvd, blu ray, and digital copies?

HURR DURR

i wish she'd crush my fucking windpipe with her thighs am i right fellas

kys

oh wow, a major Disney shareholder on Sup Forums who knows exactly what Disney expected the film to make!

>TLJ doesn't make the fuckhueg bux Disney was expecting
>Will still be the most anticipated movie of the year
>Episode IX will still be made and will again by the most anticipated movie of the year
>Star Wars will continue to be a household name for decades to come
>People will still refer to using the Force, turning to the Dark Side, etc. as popular social, spiritual, political, etc. metaphors
>Every fucking house humans under the age of 10 will probably have some form of lightsaber or yoda or BB8 toy
>Episode IX could still be decent despite all the fanboys crying the franchise is ruined
>People will get over their immediate distaste for the "SJWism" over the movie and will warm up to it and enjoy it for what it was
>People will still make memes about it in 20 years
>People will still watch it on Netflix
>Kids will still dream of being Rey or Poe
>Edgy teens will still dream of being Kylo
>Star Wars will still be the defining pop culture film franchise for Western civilisation

It's actually just over $1.1 Billion. Opens in China in two days. Will be interesting to see what happens.

>Kids will still dream of being Rey or Poe

Literally how would they not?

he wouldn't know because he has never interacted with a woman or minority in the past few years

Parents get upset with TLJ, get distaste for Star Wars as a whole, don't show Star Wars to their kids, popularity diminished.

He's probably the only director the mouse wouldn't fuck with. I mean, why would they? The dude is a fucking cashcow, and he's very consistent. He should be in charge of Marvel and Star Wars.

>TLJ has literally been seen by millions of people at this point, a huge chunk of which are families with young kids, most of whom couldn't give less of a fuck about the politics of it all

>"nah man no kids will see that film everyone hates it"

You just go right ahead and neck yourself you fucking cunt.

JUSTTTTTTTTTTT

Why? Does the truth hurt?

nigger detected

Not as much as your asshole after last night you fucking soyboy

I saw the biggest haters saying it would break a billion. Literally every retard understands it would break a billion, what's significant is that it's revenues are way lower than what the MAUS originally presumed. This is the first strike against the Empire of the MAUS but the war isn't won, not by a long shot.

here's the truth: you're still here wasting your life running damage control on a shitty popcorn movie

and you're wasting your life getting upset over it on the internet, what's the difference?

not being analpained about a kid's film make's me a soyboy?

You're wrong and you know it.

I don't know it man, the movie was flawed but it wasn't a fucking disaster

The Ghostbusters remake made me vote for Trump

this nu male keeps posting the same fucking shit. some times I wonder if people are actually serious with their shilling.

Most of them are college minority brainlets who act "woke"

You can only expect shit quality posts from these idiots

>300 million dollar film budget
>300 million dollar marketing budget
>600 million+ or more spent
>needs to make double to be profitable
>only makes 1 billion

If the high point of your argument is that it made money, then you are in serious trouble. The movie should speak for itself.

Disney studios doesn't take profits after the third week of release, the theater does.

>numbers straight out of your ass.

The Reptilian people are real

They may have made their money back on the movie. But merch sales are down and I expect the movie on bluray and streaming rental etc will be pretty low.

This is the most brainlet shit I’ve ever seen

that's not even an argument. The movie wouldn't make any sense as a stand alone film therefore it wouldn't ever be made.

its like trying to imagine a world where you're not a complete faggot. it would never happen.

They are the same numbers for Force Awakens. So either The Last Jedi had the same budget, or more. Up to you to decide buddy.

I want her to bite off my pathetic white balls

Disney never believed in this movie from the beginning then, why else would they demand a high stake of profit and force theaters to show the movie for 2 months. They knew and planned to recoup their costs.

Jesus, fuck! She looks like a goddamn zombie beaver!

Merchandise rotting on shelves here in Aus.
Force awakens stuff everywhere still

It's too many movies too quickly. They've gotta stock up for the Solo movie in five months too.

>forces Rey into being a main merchandise mover
>fans want Jaina Solo instead

Jaina or Mara.

I want Darth Talon.

A bald masterbation isn't an arsenal. I've already refueled your prostitution based arugulas. Give me something off the shelf.

anyone got any more high res photos of Daisy showing off her teeth and gums?

please
I need more