Tfw this’ll never be adapted into a movie and join the ranks of broadway movie kino

>tfw this’ll never be adapted into a movie and join the ranks of broadway movie kino

youtu.be/iKSx9RixuQ0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z2r9t6l_eE8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeJWYSECkYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fine by me.

You uncultured swine

Why tf do you think this won’t become a movie? It’s a new musical. They still want people to pay the outrageous ticket prices for the show. A film would cut potential profits. Give it 5 years.

Non-american (Israeli, omg muh palestine etc.) and I'm confused. Why is everyone black? Alexander Hamilton etc. were all white weren't they?

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>tfw the british didn't murder every burger in sight back when they had the chance

The media has convinced white people to hate themselves and write themselves out of their own history to try and appease the blacks, so maybe they won't hate them so much when they take over.

Alexander Hamilton was born and orphaned in the Caribbean, presumably to an indentured servant mother. But if your going to say any of them were black, he is the most plausible. His mother could have been light skinned black.

I have had to listen to the songs of this musical for upwards of 2 years now and i fucking hate this shit so god damned much. i hate musicals so fucking much. they're so fucking hacky and terrible, and the super fucking exclusive black cast about a historically white person and time period really makes me hate it even more.

it's all so tiresome.

youtube.com/watch?v=z2r9t6l_eE8

I'm not American, so my perspective is probably skewed, but this seems like such obviously ridiculously awful trash (on every level - from the cringe inducing, embarrassing music to the conceptual elements) that I have to assume I'm missing some really important cutlural context as to why people enjoy this.

>Mixing rap and broadway musicals

Holy fuck, I'd rather just get AIDS.

This is like Rent on steroids.

>Randomly cast a bunch of black dudes as white dudes

...Why? Is there some "hook" for this? Or is it just...cause?

Can't you just be satisfied? I know it's quiet uptown sometimes but you need to let the fans have their shot to blow us all away, one last time, in the room where it happened.

because, man, we're all immigrants, man

i don't even know if you're referencing something or just being fucking gay

probably both

It's like "the wiz" but with AIDS

I want to believe this had good intentions but essentially it is trying to literally replace white male history find anything positive about it and then replace it with black history "blackwashing" the past. Kids are seriously going to be forced to watch this in class and believe every major founding father was black.

What is that going to do is give white genociders justification for their beliefs. Black people already want us dead, if we can't even have any positive elements to our history without them being stolen how can we justify NOT genociding us?

WE

That doesn't even make sense.

it's a fucking musical

black people are immigrants, white people are immigrants, we're all the same, man

the difference is that black people were wanted here and white people weren't

As a farm animal subhuman.

as a farm animal subhuman... what? what do you have to say?

You sound like a raving retard famalam

The people that wrote the constitution didn't considered blacks humans and their right.

Pure kino

They had difficulty finding white rappers on broadway

There's really nothing wrong with Hamilton, other than its oversaturation in the media (and yes, I've read the "You should be terrified that the people who run our country love 'Hamilton' article which was much more about the political class co-opting it than the musical itself). Casting black and brown actors was unironically an interesting creative choice, and it's pretty brilliantly made if you accept that musicals aren'r shit in the 1st place

Are you so fucking retarded to think that Hamilton presents itself as history or present these figures as black?

Depictions of history need to reflect our society today so that everyone feels included.

>muh ancestors

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeJWYSECkYA

>you will never watch Hamilton live with the original cast
JDIMSA

>literally blackwashing the founding fathers
What the fuck is wrong with the American left?

That's probably not their ancestors. That tribe apparently lives in Sudan, and slaves were taken from the other side of the country. What you're saying is basically the inverse of that time Oprah called herself a "proud Zulu warrior"

>Casting black and brown actors was unironically an interesting creative choice
How? It might have been 'bold and new' in the 90s, but this is just par for the course today. Fucking Marvel beat them to the punch in making a Norse god black. When you're lagging behind fucking MARVEL, no, you're not 'interesting'.

it's cool to be a nigger!

The word isnt "blackwashing". It's "mudbathing".

Is this the next Cats

Hamilton is stupid normie trash.
>hurr le gay niggers rapping about the founding fathers!

worst of all is that it turns hamilton, an elitist proto fascist who fought against including the bill of rights into the constitution, into some sort #feelthebern hero of people, all by dressing it up with minorities (diversity rocks!) and hip music, like some sick perversion of American history into the aesthetics of a bud light commercial. Its borderline creepy to anyone with half a brain, and the whole thing comes off as some weirdo gaudy propaganda.
>hey guys, you know what would be really cool? More unquestionable centralized political authority!
youre a stupid pleb for enjoying this drek. fuck you.

anyone with any taste will watch the John Adams series from HBO anyway.

WE