What keeps going wrong with the Thor movies?

What keeps going wrong with the Thor movies?

It's called "Thor" instead of "Loki"

"Thor" is alright.

"Thor: The Dark World" had a lot of production problems due to Alan Taylor wanting to make a dark and gritty epic and Ike Perlmutter wanting a light fun adventure.

Thor 1 was an Iron Man clone they rushed out the door for Avengers.

Thor 2 they got a toothless director who would do everything they said and thus had a movie made by "idea guys" instead of any single unified vision or coming from a creative spark.

>have a movie about the god of thunder
>make it a romcom first and an epic action movie second

gee i wonder

Hemsworth and Portman having zero chemistry.

They tried to pass off Kat Dennings as the frumpy friend when she is objectively superior to Natalie Portman. This isn't an opinion, Nat just hasn't got shit.

She's out of the upcoming movie but I'm still wondering who Thor will hookup with.

>She's out of the upcoming movie but I'm still wondering who Thor will hookup with.
Is Comic Thor really hooked up with anyone in a serious sense? If Thor's adventures are not revolving around women, I don't see why it matters.

Unironically these

I feel like they should name them better and more like comicbooks. Like "The Mighty Thor" or "The Unworthy Thor" for the next movie.

Nothing, they're just like the comics, mediocre. I love them.

They remain my fave MCU franchise desu.
What got me into comics too (granted I lucked out on timing with God Butcher).

Just shit subject matter. Thor literally just fucks off to his world until the Avengers movie, same with Hulk, that's why they are being put together here

Dennings would make a much better love interest.

All I know is Cate Blanchett in the new one does things to my heart

The Thor action sequences don't give you anything, no suspense and TV-tier fighting choreography, which makes it more obvious that he is just swinging a plastic hammer around, there are a few instances where the isn't the case, for example some parts here and there, like in the first fight of Thor 1 but normally he doesn't showcast as much variaty as other characters, who really profit from their unique gimmiks.

Nobody wants to see some Norse revisionist story

Nothing. One is okay, 2 is better.

Good dog.

A lot of things, but the biggest problem was Portman. Terrible actress.

>Oh.
>My.
>God!
Haha get it because he's a god

The only thing I legitimately chuckled about the movie was thor casually hanging his hammer on a rack

Though the film as a whole wasn't great, I found Hemsworth enjoyable when he was hamming up being the god of thunder. Smashing mugs, getting in drinking competitions, and acting smug around mortals. I never bothered with the sequel though.

They thought the needed romance in the first batch of Phase One movies (e.g. why they had Pepper be such a focal point in IM and why have Agent Carter be such a large role - versus what the unnamed agent she was in the few of the Cap origins stories in which she exists).

She wasn't frumpy, she was comic relief.
Big tits don't make someone a better love interest. Chemistry does that.

Thor is probably the least developed of the Marvel C/D list collection of characters they used. The same problems in the Hulks movies are the same problems here. Cap's movie don't suffer from this because his origin story is pretty unique and didn't come from Stan, so it didn't suffer from his crap.

Say it with me

SUCH
A
NERD!!!

If not even Branagh or Ang Lee can make a good Marvel movie, what does that say about the MCU as a whole?

???
Ang Lee's Hulk is great. And i don't get your point

>Portman
>Terrible actress

>Ang Lee's Hulk is great
???
No it's not.

Hey, her playing a SW character doesn't mean she's good.

Hemsworth is a shit actor and these movies aren't even trying to stand on their own. Two genuinely great movies (IM1, Winter Soldier) are very much standalone movies that don't just serve as a just another foil for MCU metanarrative, that luxury was not given to Thor movies, won't happen in future either, they will remain terrible.

They really should do another Hulk movie. They have a great lead in Ruffalo and they don't have Perly and Norton Jr. to mess it up!

She is. Her best role is the one in Léon and probably Black Swan, in everything else (that I've seen at least) she was average at best. She was simply lucky enough to land on roles that managed to impose her in the collective consciousness of the masses

What's wrong with it? Please say something other than "the dogs were silly"
It can get a bit boring but that's the worst thing I'm willing to say about it

emo hulk is stupid

EARTH
Thor 1 was a fish out of water story so it was fine to be on earth
Thot 2 shouldn't have been on earth as it made the movie even more shitty
Thor 3 has the right idea and just fucking off from earth for most of the movie hopefully.

She is a great actor, in fact the MCU had his fair share of great actors yet they turned out to be bland, hardly noticeable, or outright bad, maybe it has something to do with how the MCU handles them and the scripts they are given.

>Hey, her playing a SW character doesn't mean she's good.
Casual do you only watch major releases? I do know the answer already, the question is just introspective tool you should use to cure the disease of shit taste.

They keep making them.

>emo hulk is stupid
Hulk is inherently an emo character, movie was shit though.

I haven't seen them but they're some of the only superhero movies my mother likes so they can't be that bad.
Others she liked: Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange

Apparently people are liking the look of the new one because it's more "fun" so I hope it turns out well. Jeff Goldblum's face bothers me so much though and I'm not sure why.

Emo? Come on dude, Hulk's always been a sad thing

>>She is a great actor
I loved her as a stripper too. Yum.

>shit taste
Says the user who watches cape movies.

>Hulk is inherently an emo character
You mean The Thing.

>>shit taste
>Says the user who watches cape movies.
I do watch capeshit, that doesn't make me an unironic capeshitter like you though.

Yes, terrible actress. Never understood her popularity. And she's an even worst person.

Even if you like her, you'll have to admit her she's garbage in the Thor movies. She barely gives a fuck in the first one, and the less said about her performance in the second one, the better.

>I do watch capeshit, that doesn't make me an unironic capeshitter
Still ashamed of the source material, huh?

Kat Dennings is in them but her tits aren't.

She's as good as the script and director allow her to be. Are we really going to ignore that the same Thor movie s wasted Idris Elba and Christopher Eccleston?
Hating poorly made schlocky capeshit movies does not mean the person hates comics and inspiration. I do hate cape comics actually, but the modern ones.

I don't really understand the appeal of Kat Dennings. She's not a better actor than Portman. Her comic timing is mediocre. And yeah she has big tits but she always looks a bit gross and in constant need of a shower. Maybe a bunch of people are just really into that. Idk

>What's wrong with it? Please say something other than "the dogs were silly"

Eric Bana is wooden as fuck in it.

>backpedaling
Like clockwork.

@92603072
>moving goalposts
Like clockwork.

>Eric Bana is wooden
News at 11.

Thor 1 was good.

Everything during the second phase of marvels shit was just shit.

>Be Viking space god
>Choose a stick over THICC tits

For what purpose?

Phase 3 too, Dr. Strange and GotG2 sucked ass.

>Iron Man clone
I don't understand.

>Everything during the second phase of marvels shit was just shit.
Even Winter Soldier?

Especially Winter Soldier, it didn't even have any Jesus allegories in it.

Maybe Branagh shouldn't have taken his cinematography cues from Battlefield Earth.

Ang Lee's Hulk wasn't in the MCU you know.

Yeah, and the Netflix series aren't canon...

>>Take a character known for high fantasy.
>>Remove all the fantastic elements.
>>"We are not Gods"
>>Spaceships and AA Guns
>>Always going back to Earth
>>The second one is named after a realm with NOTHING FUCKING IN IT!!!!
>>Darcy got more screentime than the Warriors 3 and Sif

Like, they made all the wrong moves.

I agree with the rest, but the first 4 points come from a place of ignorance. Asgard was always more of a techno-paradise than "high fantasy"

Welp, I guess I won't read the comics then. I expected this book to be fantasy.

Like anything comics it depends heavily on the writer or even the artist. Kirby imagined it that way, but there's other authors that made it definitely more fantasy-like, although i wouldn't know who right now

Take the Mad Libs version of Ironman, change the relevant proper nouns to stuff from Thor like:
[Insert Proper noun] is a [noun] from [Proper noun] who gets trapped [on/in a] [Proper Noun] where he discovers his inner hero and becomes [Proper Noun]