Nostalgia faggotry: The Comic

>Nostalgia faggotry: The Comic

Why do people pretend this garbage is good?

Yes Mr. Sherman, everything stinks.

literally memes
specifically:
>the 90s were nothing but a shitty grimdark edgefest
>Kingdom Come is a direct rebuttal of the supposed grimdark edgefest
>this automatically makes it good because the 90s were bad
>a bunch of heroes fighting other heroes is cool and ~*morally complex*~
>Alex Ross is a good comic book artist

I find it funny that so many comic fans don't like strawmen but that's literally what the villains of Kingdom Come are.

It's meant for Superman fans asshurt over 90's edge and DKR or something. Batman is even neutered in retaliation.
The entire thing is an episode in tearful public masturbation, Mark Waids specialty.
But it's cool that some people think they enjoy it.

Shazam.

>mark waid's specialty

How much of a hack is Waid?

Can you give me some specific examples?

Fuck your shit taste,

>Batman is even neutered in retaliation.
What the fuck are you talking about? Batman is once again in the right in KC you butthurt faggot.

Oh wow that artstyle.

lol

He's physically neutered in a way that very much says, "this is what would REALLY happen to old Batman!" It has fanfiction autism written all over it, not unlike Ross' Earth X.
I don't give any fucks about Batman, user.

whatever gripes you have for the story, you can't deny how much good shit Ross puts into his artwork in this

I thought it was good desu, I never got into comic around the 90s (I was busy watching the fox/marvel cartoons during the time) so I never felt any nostalgia when I was reading it.

I thought the story was alright, though the writing can get a little "too deep 4 you" at moments.

The artwork is amazing though but I can see why some people may not like Alex Ross' art.

call me a normie or whatever, but I like this comic and its one of my favorites from DC as a whole

Ross is good for big epic splash pages and covers, and absolute shit for action

The different take on the characters is interesting but sadly you can almost touched Alex Ross' nostalgiafaggotery with how GL and Flash are handled.
Honestly I really love the designs.

>He's physically neutered in a way that very much says, "this is what would REALLY happen to old Batman!" It has fanfiction autism written all over it
???
The only autism I can detect in that phrase is yours.

Most of the anti-Kingdom Come posts that suddenly popped up lately are autistic, you didn't notice?

>He's physically neutered in a way that very much says, "this is what would REALLY happen to old Batman!"
You mean a lifetime of fighting crime takes its toll on a normal human beings body? Wow what a fucking shock. How the fuck is that autism, that's just basic common sense, Bruce is going to die young or crippled given how he lives.
>I don't care about Batman
Then why did you make a big deal of this?

>"this is what would REALLY happen to old Batman!"
Old batman kept Gotham safe with his bat robots against niggers, formed a network of heroes all around the world and despite the fact he's semi crippled he came back and saved everyone sorry asses at the last moment. If what happens to batman means he's kicking ass and taking names even late in his 70s I'm totally fine with it

he didn't save anyone, it was all Captain Marvel and Norman. Batman just showed up and added a few more bodies to the Civil War

>nu-Sup Forums

Jesus Christ how horrifying.

I was more interested with Shazam then I was with Superman.

The way Ross draws Billy is amazing, and I actually like the way he's written by Waid. I'd be interested to see if that Waid to write captain Marvel/Shazam goes through. I'd actually be moderately excited.

Out of continuity it's fine I think. It's not like Kingdom Come is as bad as Mocking Bird or Cap America Steve Rogers.

>I actually like the way he's written by Waid
terribly?

Grimly Heroic mannequins grimly face off against one another in a glossy, yet flaccid and desaturated grim future.
It's pretty dire.

kek.

Waid didn't have much to do with Kingdom Come's story. It was an Alex Ross project from the start, only changed in small ways from editorial decisions or Waid contributions

Ross wanted to use Hal Jordan, DC told him to use Kyle Rayner which he refused. Instead he used Alan Scott as a middle ground. Ross wanted to use Barry Allan, was denied, so he made Flash a composite of all Flashes so he could secretly still be Barry. And so on.

So you can't pin this one on Waid

Is this what you actually believe or are you just continuing the meme?

it wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the horrible art. how people can cum over Alex Ross' art is beyond me

He's continuing the meme, just like

>>Nostalgia faggotry: The Comic

Not even close, you illiterate faggot.

You're a fucking idiot.

Wrong.

Shout up you little edgefag, Kingdom Come is good. It's not some Top 5 Comics Ever Masterpiece as far as I'm concerned but it's very good.

This and Justice are Alex Ross Silver Age wanking

And Kingdom Come.

>liking current Marvel
>ever

Why do you always post the same image?

That image completely ignore the fact that not all the classical heroes retired and most of them turned up to be no better than the the new reckless heroes based on the 90's anti-heroes that popped up. Only the glorious Superman retired and remained unchanged still retaining his morals. Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and so on were all corrupted by the changing times become just as abusive with their powers as the new reckless anti-heroes.

KC is one huge wankfest to Superman's character with everyone else being a mere prop.

It really isn't.

nah that post, while poorly worded, is pretty spot on

No, it isn't. It would be spot on if the comic was more of a Justice League kind of thing instead of a Superman wankfest. If the Justice League heroes had all retired and then come back to fight these new heroes. In the comic only Superman retired, the rest of the Justice League became terrible people, and only after Superman returned that most of them decided to follow his leadership.