Just saw Antman for the first time. I loved it and it's probably my favorite Marvel Studios movie...

Just saw Antman for the first time. I loved it and it's probably my favorite Marvel Studios movie. What do you think of it?

I thought it was funnier than the other Marvel movies. For some reason I felt like this one had more heart and didn't feel like the other movies.

It was a fun movie
Almost everyone among my non comic reading peers thought it would be "Aquaman levels lame" and wouldn't stop complaining about how it wasn't a Black Widow movie

Why would they complain about that?

Because they really want a Black Widow movie
Don't you remember how tumblr wouldn't stop complaining about that as well and tried to bring it to a QnA of Antman?

no because tumblr is a big website and I don't go out of my way looking for stuff to be pissed at. I stick to artists

Entertaining, felt it was too short somehow though.
Like something more should have happened at the tail end. The heist stuff was cool since like Captain America Winter Soldier it was interesting to see superpowers used more indirectly for espionage instead of direct combat, but I still wanted more surreal quantum realm events before he just popped back out of it.

I really enjoyed it

No. I don't pay attention to these movies until I can watch them online. I doubt Black Widow could carry a whole movie alone. Not an interesting one at least.

>but I still wanted more surreal quantum realm events before he just popped back out of it.
What would you have wanted to see? I don't know anything about Ant Man so I don't know if there's anything down there but what would it have added for there to be more?

>felt it was too short somehow
>Antman
>too short
>his power is shrinking
>short

Darn you, you did this on purpose.

i adore ant man

It was really solid, it would have gotten a lot more attention if it came out around Iron Man 1. The Edgar Wright/Marvel Studios conflict really hurt that appeal of it.

I honestly prefer what we got than wrights version

Top five MCU movie for me. And like mentioned it felt like it had a lot of heart.

Without Wright leaving, we might not be getting Baby Driver so seeing how that turns out should be interesting.
I do think a villain Pym would have worked, if he was focusing on the mentally unstable nature of the character. Rather than "evil all along", it's more of a nervous breakdown.

It's probably that it used a bunch of "at least to me" unknown actors. Everybody in the bigger Marvel movies are A lists or at least those are the ones with the most screentime. Couple non A listers being the spotlight with some actually funny and not just quippy writing and it just feels better. Not like something Hollywood would shove out.

>Rather than "evil all along", it's more of a nervous breakdown.
>MCU synergy could have finally redeemed Pym

When is 2 coming out? 2019? or late 2018

Marvel would never have taken a chance with a property as unknown as Antman back during Phase 1. And I'm much happier with what we got instead. The writing was clearly distinct from a lot of the other movies.

The strongest thing that the movie had going for it was the heist movie aesthetic. To the point where I almost wish that Ant-Man had stayed a crook instead of going legit.

It also could of used a villain that wasn't just some douchebag from marketing. but I guess that's just too much to ask from a marvel movie.

>Michael douglas

>not A-list

What planet are you living on?

Are all the actors in the movie Michael Douglas?

Well obviously microverse stuff is out of the question since I imagine like Doctor Strange anything too far out there is something they wouldn't want to blow their load on in the first entry even if they hint at the existence of such things at the tail end.

So I guess to be more bland, I dunno, maybe some sort of particle reaction stuff Scott accidentally causes and has to deal with to stop a larger chain reaction messing with the physics on the large scale. We were already seeing the standard scale consequences from the fight with Yellow Jacket but I'm thinking more
>Ok you just tripled the size of an Up quark, affecting the relative interaction it has with all other down quarks creating a super neutron in a dust speck's molecular structure with the mass of a dwarf star. You'd probably better fix that before you size back up.

Within context of the whole movie the primary threat of the quantum scene was that he was going to lose his chance at family like Janet did and all the tragedy that entails from seeing him struggle to get back into the good graces of them and society, so I suppose the use of the concepts of endlessly shrinking out of sight and becoming ineffectual sufficed in being more personal and bleak than flashy and thrilling. STILL to me the fantastical concept of shrinking to the point of elementary particle interaction to begin with just seems to beg for more to happen besides ducking and dodging particles and curling into a fetal position.

Admittedly I suppose a science lesson during a moment of human drama might be met poorly by most audiences, but fuck it. I don't go to a sci-fi movie to not see exciting weird shit.

I think it was just a small coincidence.

>michael douglas played bill foster before playing hank pym himself
Wow, that's really weird.

>some sort of particle reaction stuff Scott accidentally causes and has to deal with to stop a larger chain reaction messing with the physics on the large scale.
That would have really been pushing it on something you want to happen at the resolution of the climax. I can't see it not hurting the movie to introduce some weird concept the viewers don't know about like that right at the end.