How is this a better show than Star Trek : Discovery?

Seriously, I thought it was going to be a completely asinine series considering I mostly hate Seth MacFarlane... That being said it's completely watchable and miles better than the current iteration of Star Trek. What went wrong with television that something that was meant to be a parody of a science fiction show is actually a better science fiction show?

Same reason parody news shows tell the truth. Daily show, indecision 1996 I miss ye

>Same reason parody news shows tell the truth.
>Daily show

>aaaaaaaaaaand another thread about black mirror
just stop already ffs

MacFarlne wanted to make a star trek show but paramount rejected him. So he pitched a "parody" to Fox.

It's the Orville. Not Black Mirror.

>How is this a better show than Star Trek : Discovery
It's not

except it is

Not trying to be condescending but back when you were still shitting your diapers the Daily Show actually told the news with some degree of truth.

consider that maybe you're an absolute pleb

>babbies first election was for slick willy
>john leibowitz-stewart is a truth teller
>he fell for the globalist agenda then too

They're completely different shows, I'll grant you. However while Orville maintains the ideas of wonder and discovery that were present in the earlier Star Trek series, STD just apes the JJ Abrams films which come off as Battlestar Galactica movies rather than Star Trek flicks. You can like both, but Orville just plain does Star Trek better.

Star Trek is a show about how humanity is challenged morally, philosophically, emotionally, and ethically.

STD is teleporting mushrooms and odd looking klingons.

Orville argues against involuntary genital mutilation cultures and argues for sex equality.

The Original Series had a white man kiss a black woman. Also, the way the Orville protays the genital mutilation bit was mostly left up to the viewer's discretion. What was the sex equality episode, I don't recall?

Oldfag here too. Nah bruh. He's always been a pandering hack. It didn't take a genius or a comedian to see the madness of the bush years. Everytime he got something wrong he said something like "Well we are in the same channel as puppets that make crank calls" and hid. He raised an entire generation of morons that have no idea how to identify bias, and taught people that if someone thinks differently they should be mocked and called retarded.

>We get our news from comedians and our comedy from politicians hur dur.

same episode.

the not klingons perform the sex changes beause women are viewed as inferior and irrelevant for reproduction. so macfarlane goes and finds female hobo. who also happens to be one of the planet's greatest writers.

Because niggers, women, and jews.

I don't like Seth MacFarlane either, but I saw the first few episodes of the Orville, and I'm not seeing anything innovative or original.

Because Discovery is shit and takes itself way too seriously

Another oldfag here. I happen to agree with exactly this. I remember that interview where he asserted he was just doing comedy, and saw what was going on. We're in a place now where a generation has come of age believing they're politically educated because of comics and sarcasm.

>miles better than the current iteration of Star Trek
t.Orville general shill, it's another shade of brown

It's real scifi that does what scifi is supposed to do, which is raising social issues in a safely remote alien/future setting and doing so in an even-handed and thought provoking way (as even an obvious Sup Forums denizen who hates the kike MacFarlane has to admit), unlike STD which is just some nutty SJW nigger sheboon monkeying around and doing nothing of interest or import an she tol' SHE DONE TOL' dat white admiral wat's wat! No one gives a fuck about any of the stodgy formulaic hollywood SJW pablum in STD and it doesn't even tell a good story because the sheboon and thinly veiled representatives of transvestities and numales run around like incompetants in an overdramatic and illogical way. Just like the STRONG WOMYN! in the new Star Wars. Obvious bullshit is rightfully treated with disgust and disdain. The kikes in Hollywood are more focused on pushing their propaganda to promote white genocide than storytelling, entertaining, or creating art, so this what you get. I respect MacFarline for staying true to his craft even if he is a degenerate Hollywood scumbag who enabled the rapist jew Harvey Weinstein.

>tell the truth.
>Daily show
Choose only one