Looking back the ENTIRE season was just about getting Jack and Ashi together so he could play out his childhood waifu...

>Looking back the ENTIRE season was just about getting Jack and Ashi together so he could play out his childhood waifu fantasy

Jack is immortal and the time skip? Only there to setup Ashi and have them be similar in age. The 7 Daughters of Aku? Only there to introduce Ashi. Entire episodes devoted to just Ashi.

This bitch Ruined Samurai Jack season 5. With just 10 eps, he didn't have enough space to do his Ashi storyline and end the series.

No, the desire for an ending that did not need to exist is what ruined samurai jack.

An ending is fine. Jack fights Aku and goes back. Done. It could be done as a 90 minute tv-movie.

And then he jammed this dumb whore into it.

>Only there to setup Ashi and have them be similar in age

Which seems unnecessary. Aku's rule isn't based on when Jack got there, he was ruling for centuries, you could have the sisters been born at any point.

They were born to kill Jack. Jack only showed up maybe, let's say 4 years ago.

I seriously dont understand everyone's problem with the character when its really just the
execution of the story that was the problem.

The concept was sound. But all that in just 10 eps was bound to end leaving people unsatisfied.

>They were born to kill Jack. Jack only showed up maybe, let's say 4 years ago.

Right, but Aku was there for centuries. He knew Jack was coming.

Fuck sakes, did we really need another thread just so to bitch about Ashi? Also:

>so he could play out his childhood waifu fantasy
That's literally been the point of Jack from day fucking one. If the show hadn't been cancelled, you bet she would've been in the final season as Jack's love interest.

>you bet she would've been in the final season as Jack's love interest.

citation needed

I'm fine with a side kick or a love interest.

But EVERYTHING ended up revolving around her and she ended up BEING the portal Jack was looking for. She was the key to all of this. Jack's 5 season journey was all about her. She's THE most important person in the entire history of the show other than Jack since she's the only one to have any significant impact on the story.

I screamed "FUCK THIS" when Ashi had Aku's powers and time travelled. That is the biggest asspull ever.

Some random bitch just shows up and becomes the ultimate power of everything that the show revolves around? Fuck that.

>citation needed
I said you bet she would've been in, as in she most likely would've been included had the show continued.

>That is the biggest asspull ever.
How, when it was already established that she was part Aku, who was able to open time portals?

>How, when it was already established that she was part Aku, who was able to open time portals?

She's a hybrid. Why should she be on the same level as him? Fuck that. She should just be a Demi-god with enhanced strength, and in her Aku mode be as powerful as she was.

>I said you bet she would've been in, as in she most likely would've been included had the show continued.

and I said citation needed. Where are you getting this information? Your claim is dubious.

>The concept was sound. But all that in just 10 eps was bound to end leaving people unsatisfied.

If you can't do it in 10 eps, then don't do it.

Remember when Hercules had the same power level as Zeus?

>She's a hybrid
It doesn't matter if she was a hybrid or not. Clearly, she had enough Aku in her to open up a portal in time.

Provide source on a guess. How am I gonna do that, user?

Meant to add; Hell, I'm not fully happy with the SJ ending myself, but out of all the problems I had with it, Ashi being able to open a portal in time is not one of them.

>Provide source on a guess. How am I gonna do that, user?

you told be to bet my ass. That implies a degree of certainty on your end. Don't turn it around and say it's a guess

>Fuck sakes, did we really need another thread just so to bitch about Ashi? Also:

Yes we do. She's one of the biggest crimes in story telling ever.

I can understand why someone would have that opinion, and I recognize it IS silly.

But I still think that a lot that was wrong with that was the pace of it all.

Tho its not like the trope of "the one who makes the MC whole" and helps to reach the conclusion doesnt exist already or is largely unsuccessful.

I think that what they wanted to do with the show may have worked out great with a longer amount of time, but with the way they did it with only 10 episdoes it sucked.

Your're right in that they probably have skiped it all together.

>She's one of the biggest crimes in story telling ever.
What's sad is that given Sup Forums's overreaction to everything that's happened this season, I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

Ashi was a plot device to help Jack defeat Aku. Aku and Jack were stuck in this stalemate. Once she help him beat Aku there was no purpose for her. I guess you can say shame on for making you care about her

I don't think 26 eps chould have fixed it.

Ashi ends up being one of the ONLY things of consequence in Jack's journey. Everything else was just bullshit.

>Aku meets the cult and gives them some jizz
>Priestess drinks it and has 7 kids
>Aku meets one of them and unlocks their power
>That one regains their senses and helps jack go back in time.

Those are the ONLY events that had any impact in the fucking story. Pick any random episode: it didn't matter. Nothing mattered. You'd think shit like the Guardian would matter. Nope. Doesn't fit my waifu bullshit.

They had ten episodes. They could have made them be about jack assembling a mighty army and then seeing that army fight a glorious battle aka Seven Samurai.

Or we could see a hackneyed and rushed "romance" with the depth of a mirror and the personality of a shoe, with a big and completely unearned fight scene followed by a complete aping of another show's ending.

Bravo Genndy, you really ridley scotted yourself this time. That blood money better go to new episodes of sym-bionic titan.

We could do both. Jack assembles a band of warriors to fight Aku, over the course he bonds with some lady warrior he finds and they hit it off. Come final battle they all die, she passes in his arms and he uses that to steel himself to finish Aku

I know I'm on Sup Forums, and to boot, Sup Forums, but have you ever had a girlfriend?

Girls ruin everything, just like in Samurai Jack. No, seriously, this always happens.

who hurt you

He hurt himself.

Scaramouch was the Scaramouch of the story. He was rightfully thwarted by the harlequin.
Ashi was the Harlequin. She sought to thwart her master. Aku.
Yeah, that ending sucked. The Scotsman died for once scene to save Jack. Gets like 3 lines. Ur right about the guardian. With a ME3 kinda plot twist ending. Demongo came back for nothing.

It was one big bunch of Waifu claiming and fucking memberberries! The whole season.

You are aware that this is a fictional character, written by a man? That's not exactly "a girl". Read the rules, you have to be above certain age to post here.

Yeah that could have worked. Like a spartan girl or some shit. Something with an actual relationship to jack and not a character that was literally shit out as plot convenience.

Even the plot with her being Akus kid would work, just reduce the romance to something more subtle until the last moment and add them both searching for Jacks allies instead of all the drama.

the love interest being aku's kid takes more time to properly develop than a love interest that's based on something from a previous episode, but i digress.

Jacks story is the age old "suffering for his people" jesus style trope. had he gone through life not knowing love, his sacrifice would have been all the greater.

cant have that in a kid's show.

He literally didn't
Go watch the first episode again aku didn't know we're exactly in time he sent jack

To me it feels wrong for Ashi to be able to use Aku's powers without succumbing to evil. Aku is literally pure evil, so surely accessing his powers should have a corrupting influence on her.

If it had been shown to be more of a struggle for Ashi to use Aku's powers while maintaining her individuality, that would have been one thing, but to have her not only wrest free of him but also casually fight back using his own powers against him? Pretty lame imo.

Of course, just the idea of a mostly normal human turning out to be the offspring of a cosmic evil rubs me the wrong way. There should've been something wrong with her even before Aku "activated" her.

If she had been unconsciously fighting against Aku's influence on her the whole time, and this was the culmination of Jack helping her to become free of it, that would've been for a much more interesting arc.

But then there would be no time for rushed romance.

>Aku is literally pure evil,
But he is the friendly kind of pure evil

Don't forget that Gendy literally said he wanted to make an action show with 15 minutes of action scenes.
The plot didn't even fucking matter in Samurai Jack

Point is someone was needed to get Jack to stop moping about for 50 years and regain hope. Who better than a woman, someone who Jack has never really been with.

The biggest issue is the 10 episodes and the way it ended.

Instead of Jack staying in the future as king, killing Aku, living with his friends and wife until they die of old age, then going to find the Guardian, who was waiting for Jack to live his life, we get what was really rushed.

Jack goes to the past IMMEDIATELY, leaving his friends without saying goodbye, kills Past Aku and makes a paradox that only he is immune to, only to have his waifu die in front of his eyes and he just ends up becoming an immortal who gets to watch his family, who hasn't interacted with in 50+ years die anyway since he is immortal.

If going through a time portal made you immune to timewipes, there was no reason Ashi, who went back in time WITH Jack, to even die.

Why Jack remembers anything makes no sense. And if we're going with branching timelines, Jack sent a version of himself to a distant future and most likely an irradiated wasteland, all while replacing that version of Jack with himself?

That's not how time works Genndy.

Also, I just realized that having Ashi fight an "inner demon" would have formed a nice parallel with Ghost Jack.

Maybe instead of going into a meditation trance, Jack loses patience with her while trying to help her to be good, and this causes him to recognize the hypocrisy of trying to teach her inner peace when he's been allowing Ghost Jack to fester inside of him for years. Then they come to a mutual understanding and help each other sort out their shit, in the process getting closer and falling in love more gradually.

So Ashi would help Jack get rid of Ghost Jack, allowing him to regain the sword, and at the end Jack would help Ashi finally free herself completely of Aku (hopefully with more than just an "I love you!"), allowing them to defeat him.

>Point is someone was needed to get Jack to stop moping about for 50 years and regain hope.

Then why even do the fifty years shit? It served NO purpose other than Jack to be kind of mopey until someone said "hey, don't be so mopey."

Could have done a thirteen year gap, just like real life, and have Jack be slapped upside the head by the Scotsman for being such a fucking self-pitying pansy when Jack starts to lament his quest.

>The concept was fine, it just had bad execution!
No, fuck you, it was awful in every fucking way. Ashi is a terribly written character no matter what angle to take. Time and money won't fix a shitty Mary Sue.

They already did a seven samurai tribute. The archeology dogs episode.

I think what that user is saying is that Aku knew he was sending Jack to some point in the future, therefore he knew that at a certain point, Jack would show up. He doesn't have to know exactly when, just like I don't know exactly when I'll die, I just know it will happen at some point. Knowing this Aku definitely could have created more counter-measures against Jack's eventual arrival. The only thing I have in explanation is that Aku probably underestimated him and thought Jack would easily get dommed in a FUTURE THAT IS AKU.

>Time and money won't fix a shitty Mary Sue.

She ends up being THE most powerful character in the entire series, on par with fucking AKU.

Haven't seen the last two episodes yet, just went ahead and spoiled myself to see what you faggots are whining about because Samurai Jack isn't about the intricate and brilliant narrative of Joycian complexity.

Ashi being the portal is what kept the show Samurai Jack. Instead of being the Mary Sue self-insert fujo fanfic co-star she was shaping up to be, she was a macguffin.

The season was unnecessary, but nothing was ruined.

But hey, maybe it was a shot for shot homage to Korra's yuri ending and I'm wrong and it was completely ruined.

>Time and money won't fix a shitty Mary Sue.
Not In this case. One of those actually worked

I wanted her to not be a deus ex machina. Not just an easy way out. She was supposed to be Aku's daughter, not his superior.
She won over her father/master, and that's what pisses me off. Jack only served the ceremonial killing of Aku, but Jack in that episode is useless and without power.

Ashi had, for all intents and purposes, become god. That's what's cheap to me. Shonen-level "love and friendship" cheap.

>Mary Sue

A character whose existence serves to forward another character's narrative goal is definitely not a Mary Sue. Mary Sues are served by the rest of the narrative, not the other way around.

>entire premise of the series is the consequences of an asspull
>people getting mad at the daughter of the guy who did the asspull doing an asspull to defeat him

AND I THOUGHT THE SAMURAI WAS FOOLISH!

>he just ends up becoming an immortal who gets to watch his family, who hasn't interacted with in 50+ years die anyway since he is immortal.
He wasn't "immortal", and 99% sure he ages now.

Exactly. People just abuse the term Mary Sue when they want to criticize a character they don't like.

>The 7 Daughters of Aku? Only there to introduce Ashi. Entire episodes devoted to just Ashi.

What was even the point of having 7 Daughters when Ashi is the only one who has any sort of character and relevance to the story? They could have made great recurring villains who constantly try to track down Jack on his quest using different tactics. But they completely abandon that premise after the third episode.

The 6 other daughters are there to have a fight. That's it. They have zero relevance after ep 3.

Samurai Jack is just an excuse to have fight sequences. They might squeeze in some plot here and there, but for the most part Genndy likes keeping it simple to allow for more action.

They're there to be human (flesh and blood) and to give Ashi more character as a human being.