Detective Comics #957 Preview

Wildcard, bitches.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have to say, Nerdist. Pretty fucking bold of you to put your big fucking logo in the bottom right corner of every page in this preview.

Steph looks really cool now that she has her old mask back.

End of preview. Also here's the official synopsis:

““The Wrath Of Spoiler”! Stephanie Brown wants nothing more than to save Gotham City from the epidemic of costumed vigilantes and madmen that regularly tear the city apart. But before she can try to stop them, she must face the challenge of one in particular: the insane idealogue the Wrath is back, and Stephanie knows what he has planned—but she refuses to let Batman risk more lives to stop him. That means it’s all on her…and a very unlikely ally!”

Unlikely ally? Could that mean Cass?

>Sebela
Guess Valentine isn't co-writing this after all, though they do thank her in the credits.

That's really interesting that they put a special thanks in the credits - that probably means she helped Tynion with the plot, but backed out/couldn't make time for the final script. Also possibly that the Button rewrites forced rewrites on all of Tec.

I was thinking Eiko or Selina, but with Valentine gone, probably not.

>Stephanie Brown wants nothing more than to save Gotham City from the epidemic of costumed vigilantes

Oh boy, here we go

HERE WE GO! :D

Is Steph beatboxing in pic related?

no.

STOP SHITTING ON MY WAIFU TYNION YOU FUCK

I don't think he's crapping on Steph? Why do you think so?

shit cook.

What if it's Anarky?

Is it wrong in hearing Charlie Day when reading Stephanie now?

I think that's a really good guess. But my question would be - would they use Lonnie Machin, or Sam Young? Both exist in the n52 Tec arc called Anarky, but only Sam Young used the name Anarky, while Lonnie was just a hacker who helped Matches Malone out and got shot early in the story. He did do some vigilante work in the Detective Comics: Endgame one-shot, where he also teamed up with Steph and the We Are Robins, but would he really take the Anarky name after that?

I hope it's Lonnie.

so is steph still a milf in rebirth?

No sadly.

damn, those milkbags and child bearing hips

Me too.

As far as we know, she has not had a babby.

>another Tec issue where Clayface does nothing

He did a fair amount in the last arc, especially the finale. Steph hasn't done anything except update her website for the past two months. :(

> we get an arc that Clayface does something.
> It's a Clayface succumbs and goes evil again arc.

You know it's coming, user.

Who knows. Maybe Tynion will put it back in. I mean there's certainly a time period for horribly bad choices when being a daughter to two bad parents in Cluemaster and her mom .

It wouldn't be surprising if she did get laid, have a bun in the oven, then put it up for adoption, because fuck this family. Steph's not letting her kid see her granddad get his paws on them.

It's going to be crushing. Not just for Basil, but for Cassandra. I get the feeling Tynion will just dangle this dagger in front of us. Worse, he'll probably have the two of them get closer and closer.

Then that's when Tynion will shove the dagger into us. Then he'll twist it by Basil doing evil acts in front of Cassandra unhinged. Then like Cass, we the reader will be left horrible messes by the end of this arc.

Bump because FUCK THE SYSTEM!

I kinda hope they don't have it, because it's too hot-button these days.

Yep, it's going to be a kick in the gut.

Wildcard, bitches!

(Where did this meme about Steph come from?)

>Wildcard, bitches!
>(Where did this meme about Steph come from?)

youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

And that really sums up Stephanie's run in Rebirth currently.

I see, thanks! Though Steph isn't nearly as destructive. She's actually taking action against the careening van, instead of just cutting the brakes. :)

>Though Steph isn't nearly as destructive

But is it really? Is she not taking a group of vigilantes who are capable of taking on say a mad clown. That instead of facing the mad clown, she decides to cut their breaks en route. Because she believes the cops who aren't as prepared for said mad clown. So numerous lives are lost because the mad clown slaughters them.

That would be true, but she's putting herself between the cops and the clown. So she's not just bailing, she's invested as well.

>Steph and Lonnie team-up
>They interact more and more
>They start to get into a relationship

I honestly want this. Imagine how BTFO the Timfags will get when Tim gets cucked by that leftist ginger dick.

That would be interesting, and I wouldn't hate it, except that I loathe triangles.

Tim has Cassie (Wonder Girl) to contend with.

In the pre-Flashpoint continuity, Ulysses Armstrong was also Anarky for awhile. And Armstrong has appeared in Tec Rebirth, working for the Colony. Maybe he could be Anarky as a callback? Though I feel that would be unlikely, as I don't see a reason why this Ulysses would take on the Anarky name.

Cass and Clayface is the best thing to come out of Tec I will rage hard if her turns evil.

I reject all that as mind control. And Teen Titans already kiboshed that relationship because of Steph, in the "Tim's dead we are sad" issue. :)

Yeah, I don't think Ulysses will be leaving the Colony anytime soon. Thankfully. I want that little jerk contained. ;)

Cass won't. Clayface will.

>except that I loathe triangles.

Tim is dead, user. So it wouldn't really be a triangle, would it? And Steph needs to move on at some point. And to be honest I think Rebirth Steph and Lonnie would go well together, with them both being rebels of sorts.

Um...hate to break it to you, but Tim is not dead. And he will be back at some point in the next year, so it would be less annoyingly cliched if Steph didn't form a romantic attachment while he was a prisoner. Now, she thinks he's dead, so she wouldn't be doing anything wrong if she fell for Lonnie, but I just hate the triangle narratives, so I'd rather she not.

Cassandra won't. DC wouldn't dare do that again. It'l be Basil. It will be heartbreaking.

Dammit yeah I meant Clayface turning evil. It will suck hard and I will rage. Cass-Clayface is better than Cass Steph currently.

*bottom left corner

It's almost amazing how Tynion crafted a freaking supporting cast around Cassandra. She has a good friendship with Basil and the ballet dancer. Then there's her relationship with Harper and Cullen.

Almost as if he's nudging DC like, "Hey, so you gave Batwoman an ongoing. Look at what I'm doing here. Can we try this again? Come on. Please. I asked nicely."

I'd be down with that if Takara came back. Or they got Noto back.

I mean, that is his stated goal for all of the Tec characters who don't already have solos. I'm really curious what would get DC to go for another one, though. Especially since Batwoman is...not exactly burning it up, saleswise.

Was he still writing Hellblazer or was he off the comic with Seeley coming in? You wanna bet he's either going to co-write a Tim Drake or Cassandra ongoing?

Tynion was off of all other DC properties when he started Tec. He had his two indies (The Woods and Backstagers) in the works, but I'm pretty sure he'd wrapped everything up.

I think a Tim/Steph/Cass ongoing would be perfection by Tynion, if he could swing Tec plus that.

>Batwoman is...not exactly burning it up
Even if you didn't know how much of a hack Bennett is the solicits had Batwoman going up against a new enemy called ... The Knife. That's the Platonic Ideal of "Mailing It In" right there.

Yeah...when I think about 1) all the writers who could have done it (Rucka's available, idiots), and 2) the richness of Kate's backstory that still needs to be explored (her mother, the Religion of Crime and why they killed her mom and brainwashed her sister), and 3) the future (her relationships with her father, Bette, and Beth/Alice), I'm just incredibly annoyed that we're getting "and now, the prequel that literally no one was asking for" by "unsolicited opinions on Israel" girl.

WHAT IF SHE'S UNKNOWINGLY PREGNANT WITH TIM'S BABBY???
Tim was already cuck daddy wasn't he? This would be a complete reversal, with him not being around to even know he has a kid, while Steph knows it's his and has no way of knowing that he's even alive. As opposed to Tim just being cuck daddy to Steph's bastard.

Hmmm. Wouldn't she know already at this point?

Do we have confirmation as to how long it's been since Tim died?
Because even if it's within 2-3 months it's not uncommon for pregnancies to go unnoticed that long. Right about the end of this arc would be the opportune time for that revelation.

But if it's been longer than 3 months or so then my hopes for that are dead in the water

True. It's my impression that a few months have passed at this point. But that's right at the tail end of that timeframe.

> Tim
> getting laid.

Pick one.

Have you been reading Tec, user? It was pretty clear they were having sex on the reg in the second issue.

It's Tim.There's only been one time he's ever gotten laid. One and it destroyed a universe. He ain't doing it again. Then again, bonking Stephanie is bonking Gotham. So Gotham would want that and not reset the universe in a hissy fit that it didn't get fucked by Tim Drake.

I've heard the goofy "Steph is Gotham and wants to have sex with Tim" theory from FabNic's goofy "everyone wants to have sex with Tim" brain. But when did Tim have sex before and destroy a universe?

You know when.

Oh, jeeze. That's so goofy it makes FabNic look like a normal horny teenager, instead of the creepy old dude fantasizing about teen boy sex lives.

That's a brother and a sister fucking.

And what's wrong with that in this world? Captain it's not 1944. Incest is so more acceptable nowadays.

Do you guys think Steph will feel retarded when Tim comes back?

reeeeeeeeeee

No. I think she'll be happy.

So Steph buys into the bullshit that super-villains (and regular criminals) secretly want to get beaten up by Batman and Batman stopping them is making things worse, and she think the proper solution is... get in Batman's way without either strengthening law enforcement or weakening criminals?

I hate Steph so much.

Get in Batman's way, put a website that lists all the vigilantes in Gotham (and talks about their various heroic deeds aka how Christina aka Cass's Ballerina waifu found her), and weakening criminals (as she's trying to stop the start of a Wraith plan from going Eternal). .

Hate Tynion not the cutie