Any other shows with perfect, emotional and thought provoking endings?

Any other shows with perfect, emotional and thought provoking endings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zZ_fuOFX0ZQ?t=167
youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g
streamable.com/3jsad
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The one this ending was ripped from?

Here's an unironic one for you.

The only thought this ending provokes from me is how avoidable Ashi's death is from a writing standpoint, which makes it feel like it was added last minute for shock value and "because it wasn't sad enough".
Thinking about it just pisses me off and I don't know if I can get past it and ever enjoy rewatching the show again.

It was from Genndy's dreams tho

At least best boy got in an orgy wt japanese girls in last episode

An unwanted one though, it looked like.

Yeah no wonder he turned to be gay

GL: TAS

I'm a huge Jashi fag and even I didn't feel emotional

It was just like a confused "wait hold up.." minute instead of me going NOOOOOOOO

Gurren Lagann

Certainly not that.

Unironically what the fuck was this

WHAT THE FUCK
GIVE ME A SOURCE ON THAT RIGHT NOW

Ask Sup Forums. They have weekly "wtf did I just watch" thread.

This is not the first time this ending has happened in CN. Remember this? youtu.be/zZ_fuOFX0ZQ?t=167

Either genius or absolute bullshit. Personally, I think it's brilliant.

Kino

>perfect,
Ah hahaha, faggot

>emotional
>cram fisted character that was foreshadowed to die the moment Aku manipulated her

>thought provoking
Must be cool to have two neurons.

And I was defending this season before episode the last episode

I know you're baiting, but I still liked the ending. That last scene with Jack alone in the mist, only for it to clear out and reveal the rows of cherry tress he had once described Ashi was beautiful and perfectly executed.

user DELIVER

Genndy watched too much anime and wanted to make his own but failed so hard that i doubt he will ever write anything.

1. Ashi's disappearance and final line was bullshit
2. The show should've adressed what happened to the future Jack left behind.

Other than that, it's a great ending.

I'm with you user.

you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded

That scene was beautiful. The build-up to it should have been better though.

It could have been better if Ashii faded away as soon as Jack destroyed Aku and blew up his tower, and the marriage ceremony could have been replaced with some kind of "welcome home" celebration or memorial service for those lost in the fight against Aku.

Isn't the point now that it's a new beginning for everyone. Even Jack.

Yeah, I feel the same. I think I would have handled Ashi's death differently, but still, that doesn't take away from how masterfully crafted that ending scene was. I don't know about the rest of people, but it left me with a very particular kind of sadness. Not the one that makes you cry, just the one that makes you hollow and thinking about all that has been lost till this point. And since I'm certain that's what they were going for, I am 100% satisfied.

I feel like they should had killed Ashi as soon as they killed Aku. The whole preparing for the weeding scene makes no sense and only sets you up for disappointment.

Pretty much.

Either have her vanish immediately (with a few parting words, obviously), or just have the wedding scene with no pulling the rug from under our feet.

It was devastating for me, perhaps I'd say unwarrantedly cruel to Jack, but still, taking the scene as it is it was good enough.

Who else "pretending the last 2 minutes didn't happen" here?

You're free to do so, I'd rather not. What ending would you have picked, out of curiosity?

youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

See:

I agree.

Also Ashi last words make me wonder if Genndy thinks Jack is retarded or we are retarded

I honestly felt nothing because it was telegraphed all over the place. If by the time the cum-drinking scene you didn't see it coming then tough luck.

Trying to wrap it up in 20 minutes felt rushed as fuck, they could have made some editions to dedicate at least two episodes, optimally three, to wrap up the series. Instead we had a single episode with a few last questionable minutes. I wouldn't say that Genndy is a hack but honestly I don't know what the hell was he aiming for

>Also Ashi last words make me wonder if Genndy thinks Jack is retarded or we are retarded
Probably the latter one. If she just straight up disappeared without any explanation, Jack would have been very confused, considering the fact that time took a while to realign with her and delete her.

Yeah, 20 minutes for a whole climax was too rushed. I wonder how Genndy approaches writing every episode; maybe he can only think of them individually without considering the effect they'll have on the rest. Mu bet is that he was just in a tight schedule. Honestly, for the 20 minutes he had, it could have gone a lot worse; I was surprised by how much they managed to fit in the second half of the episode without it feeling TOO rushed. It was rushed, sure, but it still managed to take breathers, such as Jack and Ashi's wedding, Jack's execution of Aku, the Scotsman reuniting with Jack and of course that amazing final scene.

The ending is something that, the more I sat with it, the more I liked it.

I'm no writer, so maybe my opinion isn't worth considering, but I felt that it was conveyed that she suspected that she would die when killing Aku. Knowing this, she still went through with the plan, and in dying, she restored the world to the beauty and wonder that Jack once knew and felt he had lost forever, as her gift to him. In that sense, I found it to be unbelievably romantic.
An area that SJ seems to exceed in is its visuals, and I found the scene at the end under the tree to be really beautiful.

I don't know. Maybe that's just me being a romance-starved lonely sad sack of shit.

I thought this way right away, fucking pleb.
Though I appreciate the support.

Yeah, I'm convinced Ashi knew what was coming to her and yet, remembering how fondly Jack spoke of his home, she decided it would be worth it. She then decided to keep it from Jack so the last days or weeks they spent together would be happy; she might at some point even suspected that after all she wouldn't die.

They nailed the kimono on this one.

It's a very symbolic role reversal of Shinji and Asuka while simultaneously representing both of them "dropping their AT fields".

True, if you look at it that way, it's pretty sweet.

Still think they could've given Ashi a better final line.

I do kind of agree with that. Probably wasn't needed.

Have some Jashi I'm comforting myself with.

> I found the scene at the end under the tree to be really beautiful.
This. Back in episode five when Jack shows Ashi the last remaining pure tree amidst the desolation became downright poignant in pic related when the horizon is filled to them. I found it poetic that thanks to Jack's efforts, countless lives were spared the corruption and destruction of Aku's tyranny.

>jashi I'm comforting myself with
How? I can't get the really upsetting implications out of my head, and the whole thing is kinda ruined for me.

We don't know how much time lapsed between their arrival in the past and the wedding, so I like to think that they had some time for tender moments together.

Also, I decided to go through my shitty ship-chart, and came to the realization that a significant portion of them involve couples that can tragically never be together. I still enjoy art of them, regardless.

I can't stop thinking that Samurai Jack's ending was just a not as good version as Gurren Lagann's

How the fuck did I miss that goddammit

Is there any other new art? I need more.

>We'll never know if Jack got to fill Ashi with 50 YEARS OF CUM.

Moral Orel

Not my video, but here's the "good ending".

streamable.com/3jsad