10 Years of the MCU

Its been great hasnt it? What a way to top it off, Infinity War nearly 10 years to the day from Iron Man. So influential and game changing.

The MCU is important.

A bald assertion isn’t an argument. Try again.

Wow, 10 years. What a ride. Is it almost over?

>Its been great hasnt it?
Most movies are utterly forgettable.
>What a way to top it off, Infinity War
It doesn't look any different or epic from the the rest of the films other than bringing together all the casts
>nearly 10 years to the day from Iron Man.
So what? Blade was the first MCU movie, so you can count from there I guess.
>So influential and game changing.
In a very bad way. Lowered the standard for cinematography, Stories, CGI and narrative for big blockbusters that were well-received.
>The MCU is important.
The Era will be remembered. I doubt the individual movies.

Excellent work, here's an extra payment for your 10 years of tireless shilling.

>Next movies 20 years already planned
Consume more goy

Time to go.

>Blade was the first MCU movie

No it wasn't.

>soul gem

>2008
>Dad still with mum before the separation
>about to go in to see Iron Man
>guy at cashier says to stay behind for the credits
>watch the film
>end credits
>Samuel L. Jackson
>"I want to talk to you about the Avengers initiative."
>look to my Dad
>"You know what this means?!"
>know that the Avengers is a bunch of Marvel heroes together

That was a good day

But then

>Avengers released

Hype completely dead after that.

>Blade

Lol opinion invalidated BALDY

>Be 15
>Big comic nerd
>Knew that I’d never get the interconnected and cosmic level comic stories from DC or Marvel in movie form
>Would have to settle for the occasional decent spiderman or batman movie that never went balls deep into the lore
>Iron Man comes out
>Nick Fury scene
>Wat

Fast forward

>10 years later
>2 degrees
>Own home
>85k
>Wife
>Soon to be father
>6 years living abroad for school
>Was homeless for a bit
>Was arrested
>Father passed away
>MCU has been one of the very few constants in my hectic life
>Its always there for me
>Dreamed as a kid of seeing Thanos on the big screen
>Been waiting 10 years for Infinity War
>Its the final part of my childhood Im holding on to
>Always seemed like a far off event
>Its finally here
>Im going to cry
>I dont even want it to come out. The anticipation has been inside me for so long.

Anyone else with a similar experience? I’ll probably stop caring after this saga wraps up in Avengers 4 but the little boy inside me has been waiting for this for ever. Even before the MCU existed I dreamed of this shit. Will be a touching moment to ship me off into adulthood once and for all

lol this isn't actually you. you got confused again.

Been loving every second of it. Ok, maybe not every second, but there's still no movie below 6/10. Imagine actually being one of those faggots who have convinced themselves to hate "capeshit" just to appear cool on a chinese cartoon forum.

Sorry youre jelly I have had an interesting life. Probably more jelly that I will have the sweet payoff of having my childhood dream movie come out at the perfect time.

PS its actually a fairly fucked up life and I imagine it’s what draws me here like many others.

imagine getting this BTFO by a retired lesbian actress

>So self absorbed she compares capekino to destroying the earth because she can’t get a role as a dried up cunt and she cant suck Harvey’s penis cause shes a dyke
>Sealed her fate that she will never get a role in the most important and influential film series of all time

What did she mean by this?

First of all this is fucking bait and shame on any of you who posted under any other assumption.

Also, yes I am pumped. When they first released that enormouse schedule ending with Infinity War I was only 40% sure we would ever get Avengers and was positive Infinity War would be one of those unmade pipe dreams that nerds would spend decades discussing online. Debating the 'what ifs' and scraps of leaked plans. That we're actually gonna get it is insane.

It's not a life actually, it's a delusion that you have it all easily coming to you the day you finally decide to stop fucking off.

>most important and influential film series of all time
godfather finished 20 years ago

I honestly wish Sup Forums was entirely populated by sheltered virgins like me. I have no doubt the discussion would drastically improve.

Haha. Ok sure. Idk why youre so hung up on telling me my life isnt real. Literally an anonymous internet poster has triggered you this bad. Top jelly from you, all over your bone piece.

Ill be at Infinity War opening night with my Asian wife (hope you arent one of those fags who hates diluting the white race cause Im doin it) and Ill enjoy every minute of it while you are posting on an Albanian carpet board about le dumb capepoop.

I like the mcu as much as the next guy but theirs no denying its fucked up cinema to the point of no return.

Cinema as an art form died in may 2008 with iron man 1. For better or worse iron man changed film making as a whole. Inter connected story lines cinematic universes. Announcing sequels ahead of time like McDonald’s burgers being flipped in the kitchen.

Except it literally hasnt worked for anyone except Marvel. The studios will wise up eventually. Kevin Feige is not replacable.

Exactly that’s why cinema is so fucked. People keep trying to emulate it and fail. The other big relatively successful cinematic universe is starwars and that’s also owned by Disney.

I’m not even sure you can call starwars a cinematic universe but whatever. The point is all the failed attempts to replicate the mcu are leaving bad tastes in the audiences mouthes and so less audience members will risk paying 20 dollars to go see something like mother or whiplash when they can just save their coin and wait for the next mcu flick which they know nine times out of ten will be decent.

Not only has it ruined the film industry as a whole it’s also ruining audiences in their ability to take a chance on a movie outside of their comfort zone.

Now says nobody walks into a theater and goes you know what? Instead of seeing starwars again I’m gonna go watch the zookeepers wife.

Why haven't these films earned any Academy Awards?

Because the academy hates genre films your lucky if they get nominated for technical awards like vfx.

I feel bad for your wife and kid. They dont deserve the worthless sack of shit you really are

>feeling bad for a dumb woman

I was a big marvel fan growing up but the movies do nothing for me. Iron Man was very mediocre. These movies are mostly shit. GUardian of the galaxy was kinda fun but I think it fell apart at the final no-tension battle

I think dc's were stupid retards in trying to emulate the cinematic universe: with iconic characters like batman and superman you simply don't need a shared universe. Keep them in separate universes or have just a few of them share the same one.

The marvel universe was almost entirely designed by a handful of people in the comics as well.

how can we stop paramount

Ahahaha stay salty my virgin friend.

>Its been great hasnt it?
It’s been terrible. Every movie was forgettable, assembly-line junk. I can’t think of a movie I want to see less than Avengers Infinite Shit

>2 degrees
>Own home
>85k
>Wife
>Soon to be father
>And then I woke up