Why don't you like current Marvel?

Why don't you like current Marvel?

Too problematic

Sup Forums don't start

>don't you dare take a position that I disagree with!

butterface

Yes, that's what this is about.

Sup Forums is right on this one though.

I know this is from a 'What If' tale, but I want this speech to be in a Captain America film.

Because I dislike Marvel since 2013, and there's no difference between today's Marvel and 2013 Marvel. The only thing that changed was the climate.

>implying implications

cuck

Because of the thirteen books from them that I'm pulling all but one will likely be canceled for bad sales because of the shit they've been doing in other books taking down the readers' opinion of the whole company.

I don't like capeshit Ms. Whore

And I'm sure we can all agree on our Nation's universal ideals.

Checked.

I don't hate Marvel. I've always been a Marvel guy and I love a lot of their characters. But it feels like they've just been dropping the ball again and again with bad writing and bad events, and they're putting out less stuff that's actually good than ever before.

I dunno, maybe the quality hasn't really changed that much and I'm just getting too old for this shit. More and more I'm feeling like I'm simply no longer part of their intended audience and I don't like what their intended audience likes. But I don't thing it's just that. Apart from just not 'feeling' a lot of the new characters and storylines, it's the basic quality of their writers that's utterly disappointing most of all.

>supernatural
sup tumblr

I can't relate to it's globalization ideals, but mostly the writing is retarded.

[imitates crying sarcastically]

>100th anniversary of Kirby's birth
>DC has month of one shots celebrating his DC characters, finally puts out the Fourth World Omnibus
>Marvel just has variant covers despite Kirby being a million more times integral to Marvel than he ever was DC

yeah that about does it

>Red Skull-A literal Nazi super villain uses false rhetoric and fear mongering to convince a bunch of uneducated, disenfranchised, white males to blow themselves up
>Sup Forums unironically believes what the Skull is saying

Walking stereotypes.

you have only yourslelf to blame for not killing ike, brevoort and quesada in cold blood

2D > 3D

slott machine is still on spider-man and brian 'the michael?' bendis has still got a job at all

>it's false, it's fearmongering!
>if we show that he blows people up that will invalidate what he's saying!
take a hike, kiddo

I do, I just don't like certain titles which I don't follow or read, the comics I'm pulling from them have been great.

You hicks can't be helped.

Literally towelhead tier.

2d doesn't actually exist in any way shape or form. everything '2d' is actually a 3d object at least a photon thick but usually much much more. even the idea of '2d' the very concept of it, is made of 3d molecules in your brain

Plain and simple, because they killed the books I was reading. Loveness and PĂ©rez did a really good job.

>being afraid
>wanting more people to be afraid
y'all need zen

A lot of the books are not written very well. The books are generally pretty boring, with no stakes or consequences to the action. And they're not funny enough to get away with that.

Also a good number of the main characters are being written to be annoying and unlikeable. I get they're trying to do a spider-man thing, but it doesn't come off as witty. It just comes off as aggravating.

That said there are some current marvel books I like a great deal. But they're drowning in an ocean of mediocrity.

Because I am a caucasion male of a certain age that has been buying their product for decades & they do not WANT me as a customer.

Putting rhetoric that is a fairly mainstream Right-Wing point of view into the mouth of Marvel's Nazi supervillain is clearly intended to demonise anyone who agrees with it as being as bad as a Nazi. You don't need to have ever gone to Sup Forums to get angry with that, and it's far from the only time Spencer has done something like that.

And "blowing yourself up" is not a thing that White men do. There's only one type of terrorist that blows themselves up, and claiming otherwise is disingenuous and obviously false. The act is tied up in cultural and religious motivations that simply don't exist in far-Right terrorists.

I was already on my way out during Secret Wars and even then, I only enjoyed the tie-in stories. Hickman's pay off was trash and the "reboot" is a worse New 52 but both makes similar mistakes and also barely changed anything. Secret Wars may as well have been called "one big event to finally kill the ultimate universe and the fantastic four and also bring black Spiderman to 616 but without any of his friends or history".

Not to mention that the writing quality is fucking trash across the board. All the talent is gone. There isn't one good book right now. Not fucking one. Volumes are just single stories instead of a succession of stories or get cancelled before they finish and continue in the next volume for a fresh #1 (hello Deadpool). Everything that is wrong with comics right now is exemplified in Marvel.

Oh look a effortless strawman reply

How original

(you)

This 1000x desu

Because it's fill with anti-male, Trump hating, race baiting, social justice bullshit. don't get me started on what they did to She-hulk, and Captain America.

The lack of talent and the inexplicable need to screw over the classic heroes while pushing their legacies.

Trump sucks though

Don't talk shit about the REAL Hawkeye, she is the best character ever created, I have pages where Marvel characters say that to her!

>t. hilllary

That book was extremely mediocre

I don't like any currently running big 2 cape comics.

See, we can get that opinion from some user on the internet for free, yet Marvel expect us to pay to get the same opinion from their writers?

Post your pull list.

She sucks too but she doesn't suck as much as that racist fuck.

Marvel stopped expecting us to buy their comics decades ago. they expect other demos to buy their comics instead

The fanbase. It's all casuals and shills.

>Ewing
>Ewing.
>Ewing
>Ewing
>Gwenpool

Probably something like this.

Likely Nova, too.

>our Nation's universal ideals
God and Guns?

>God
>some grand high king is the highest authority and His word is law
get that monarchist shit out of here. I refuse to endorse any religion that doesn't posit democracy as the divine model of governance

Here's the Marvel stuff. I have 40 titles total.
>Avengers
>Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Hulk
>I Am Groot
>Iron Fist
>Luke Cage
>Man-Thing
>Nick Fury
>Occupy Avengers
>Rocket
>The Unbelievable Gwenpool
>U.S.Avengers

Don't let USA hear you.

You're a tool.

Your list is mostly garbage, damn.

>Avengers
have you no shame?

Slayed....

Some pretty trash books here, man.

Only two of them. Three tops.

I want her to do a Steven Universe parody where she paints her skin green and pretends she's Peridot.
Prefferably with Mandingo or OG Mudbone

Does Marvel hire fanfiction writers often?

Yes, actually.

>Nick Fury
Is that about real Nick Fury or bootleg paletta swap one?

The son I think

My nigga.

It's an entire company dedicated to triggering it's readership to boost sales rather then create actual content.

...oh.

It's got psychedelic Steranko-esque action, so does it really matter?

>democracy as the divine model of governance
Democracy is shit tier. Republics range from pretty good to Incompetent.

the only good republic is a democatic republic
also while we're at it there should be a 100% inheritance tax. spend all your money before you die or its gone forever. everyone has to start from scratch

I don't hate them, I just don't care anymore. At first it was event burnout and the price hike that led me to buying fewer books. On top of that I don't recognize most of the talent and ones I do know end up working on titles I'm not really into. Lastly the whole push for replacing legacy characters doesn't do anything to raise my interest.

nice body terrible face

If it looks like this I don't really care.

nice poser shit

My favorite characters are being mishandled and none of my favorite writers work for the company

That's a weird typo.

>spend all your money before you die or its gone forever. everyone has to start from scratch
ok, I'll just gift it all to my children a month before I die.
>tfw beating the system with zero effort

Post the one where Red Skull tells Cap that the America he fights for no longer exists.

And thus another character gets cancelled.

They don't announce new stuff I'm interested in and cancelled all the running stuff I was interested in.
That's all that really matters at the end of the day.

I'm a white straight male

It's got a frat-boy tier sense of humor, and very cheesy aesthetic.

Oh whoops, i thought you meant the movies. Comics- the art sucks and tries too hard to be funny

Because I am not a cuckold.

>a month before I die.

yeah if you die of cancer or something maybe this will work. What if it's a car crash?

They've made it very apparent that they don't care about me. I'm not the kind of audience they're writing for or care about, so I don't read or care about them.

Why are they shitting all over the old Hawkeye?

With the way the two treat him, you would think Kirby created damn near everything important for DC and made a minor character for Marvel

They seem to have this attitude to where the only way to promote a newer character is to shit all over an older one.

Because he's a straight white male.

Who is this sperm wyrm?

too many events that sell the same gimmick for the past decade. Heroes vs Heroes, "NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME, AGAIN!!"

They give their writers no time to flesh out their stories because they need to tie with what ever upcoming Event. Kill of heroes unceremoniously in order for them to be replaced by underwhelming teen heroes written by out of touch white people.

Brian micheal bendis has too much creative control.

So if Red Skull's speech was about loving your parents and eating your veggies, and i agree with him, i'm nothing but a walking nazi sheeple beliving false rhetoric?

Consider red skull's end game is manipulating people for his own gain. Then yes.

>MUH FREEDOMS
This shit is embarrassing. America is literally a meme.

They should be afraid.

>not willing to sacrifice your life for the sake of your ideals
Sad!