$1700/month for 250 sq foot apartment

>$1700/month for 250 sq foot apartment
Why are New York liberals such retards?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYVJbupG3Xg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Financial cuckolds

Omg I wanna live in the city! That's where everything happens!

Jesus Christ that's some next level housing costs, for context, my mortgage payments are $800 per month for a 250 sq m house on an actual section

why do republicans care about square feet so much?

I'd rather pay $1700 for that rather than a big house out in rural kansas surrounded by rural ass retards

If international buyboys and girls can't go and live in Sex and the City City they'll literally have no reason to live.

They
Literally
Can't
I'm
Literally
Shaking

at the idea of not being surrounded by """"high culture"""" (NOTE: This is the same restaurants and bars over and over until they get a new interior design and change the menu AND it's broadway sometimes; High culture is solely what can be consumed via the mouth or ears)

Don't forget the smells! Nothing like a piss drenched subway car in the morning.

Because Murrika is big and Murrika is great, so things that aren't big can't be great.

Thing is that people don't really live in their apartments in high density cities. It's only for sleep and keeping your belongings there.

NYC is an amazing hellhole.

Not Sup Forums related.

Supply and demand. I thought you right wing capitalists loved the free market. Big cities make the money, so big cities cost a lot. Nobody gives a flying fuck about your podunk town.

What does an actual section mean? Do you mean it's a detatched dwelling on its own land?

I walked by a bus stop in midtown close to 30 Rock and someone dropped a giant shit in the seat.

It's about location
If you're in the city, chances are you're wageslaving for long hours so you won't be spending much time at home anyway

>accruing vast quantities of money and living in the center of the business and financial world is retarded
enjoy chopping logs cletus

That's a niglet, you racist shitlord!

Meh, I'm European and I'm paying 3000€ for 40m2 flat and I'm fine with that, people living in my condo pay even more than that.

>dollar sign on the OP
man i thought this is going to be one of those HERE'S FISH, GIB GAIJIN DORRA threads

This, also NYC is shit.
>muh culture
>muh stuff to do
Apartments in the outer boroughs are $3000 for a one-bedroom, bums poo in the streets, and hot dogs cost $12. It is a thoroughly un-American city that only functions because the financial industry happens there.

Manhattan is for rich people, not for normies. It's really expensive.

>It's about location
The city is a literal toilet. I don't think anyone actually enjoys it here.

I was being sarcastic, but many Americans seriously believe it after 70 years of suburban indoctrination.

Have you ever been to a three star Michelin restaurant?

Yes

The music culture is the most worth while thing there. Best jazz in the states, best musicals, only second best symphony but it’s still great.

Not him but I live in a town of about 4000 people and I've been to several

flyover poorfags triggered as usual.

offer and demand
if everyone wants to live there the price goes high
I live in Barcelona and its a disgrace, every foreign bank is buying flats to put tourists make the price unafordable
Honesly, no bank or company should have the freedom to buy apartments outside their country

Why would you care about being near "rural retards"? You would have enough space to never need to look at them. Or you can live like a sardine in a city filled with people who hate you.

That sounds like protectionism!

>implying people of different political persuasions pay less

Why is OP such a retard?

tfw 200 euros for a total sunless humid 25sq ft shithole
i unironically want to kill myself for this house

laughing at the country bumpkins in this thread
cletus thinks setting foot in a city will turn him straight gay
enjoy fucking pigs on a saturday night, peasants

You're dealing with a broad completely brainfucked by the media. This is what's really on her mind: "I'm moving to the big city because I want to re-create Sex and the City. I want to get away from my parents and enjoy my youth. I want to drink and party. I want to live in a big city where I can be a slut if I want to and my slutty behaviour can remain anonymous. I want to pretend I'm cool in front of people who don't know how goofy I really am and how incredibly unpopular I was in high school. I want to meet pretentious artists and maybe smoke some weed. I want to ignore men on the streets because I am here pretending to be the superstar I never was in real life. I'll act as if those idiots can only wish this 'diva' ever turned to look at them. I want to dress sexy and at the same time shame men for staring at me. I want to pretend I'm a feminist even though I will only advocate for other white women's rights. I want to pretend to be progressive and political even though I don't have the slightest clue on any world issue. I just want to waste a few years of my life and I don't care whose heart I break, I'm in it for the fun. And finally I would only give this up and consider a man for marriage if he's super rich... but if he ever dares to stop providing me with a privileged lifestyle that I am so entitled to, I'll divorce him, take his house and get half his money and move back to my hometown... I got the legal system supporting my every move regardless of how irresponsible I can potentially be. I'm the woman at the end of the day, and men are all evil according to the judge. Yeah, what could possibly go wrong in the big city? I'm going."

And you wouldn't value the accessibility of something like that?

25 sq ft is literally a closet, Harry Potter.

where is that?

Protectionism is alright if foreign real estate sharks and a sizeable new Chinese upper class threaten to buy out half your country.

oh shit 25m^2 i meant

A CHALLENGER APPEARS
youtube.com/watch?v=TYVJbupG3Xg

One man's closet is another man's castle. For most of history we've lived well in pretty humble abodes, and the trend towards ginormous houses is absolutely recent and already wreaking complete havoc on our urban planning.

you also make a lot more money if you work in NYC with a legit degree.

most decentish jobs start in the 70-80k range

irrelevant
your average cityfag didn't either

Best Symphony where?

do you think she fucks a lot of BJC?

That shit was retarded. I live in the city and I pay alot, but not that much.

Also not tv related

Because it's for special occasions and not something you do often enough to warrant living close

The big jobs with big pays are in big cities, and the people who own property there can keep rents ridiculously high because of that. When you get your first adult job, you'll understand.

I agree. I willingly lived in a van for six months (meaning I wasn’t forced to for financial reasons) and at times it was pretty liberating and super easy to save money. Other times it sucked dick.

as a chiraqi I hated on NY my entire life but when I went there last year for only 3 days in Manhattan I fucking loved it

I remember watching a documentary on netflix about a soyboy building one of these. At the end, his girlfriend dumped him to go live in the city

The other reply isn't me
Not really, no
I know this isn't the way that you think about things but I do not measure the worth and my enjoyment of my life by the quality of experiences that I enjoy

The designated 'I werk I'm such a mature adult' retard is here

won't cost anywhere near that insane NYC price.

>getting away from America’s Liberia
You would have loved Kansas if you went there too.

Protectionism is not a permament ideology, it's a need for every nation once in a while
Especially when you have 1'2 fertility rate, unaffordable house prices, unemployment, factories going over seas and yet migrants keeping coming to work in nothing and blackmailing with crime if they don't get gibs from your bankrupt treasury

having your rent increased every year
landlord not fixing your shit
some retard below you blows up his oven, burning down your apartment
mugged, raped or both in the stairwell leading to your apartment.
1700 a month for a quarter of the space you could have in home for much less.

You dumb fucking retard.

Oh no, how can anyone live without a woman terrorizing their lives? Will his newfound freedom drive him into suicide?

>mfw I've been play-doh pilled

Keep in mind he also lives in Bongistan where pic related is middle class

chicago isn't close to being america's liberia. the city is pretty spread out and doesn't have a black majority like other cities.

>spending equivalent of 15000 quid in bongland a year for a shitty studio
is she fucking deluded

what jobs do these people have? that youtube channel has a bunch of these nyc apartment videos

They said it was a detatched dwelling, not a flat.

I do not live in bongistan

>having your rent increased every year
>landlord not fixing your shit
That's only a problem of lacking legal protection of tenants, not an inherent problem of rental properties. Half my country rents because the legal protection is good and ownership binds you geographically and financially for decades.

'sup dog, nice dubs

>tfw i don't even make that amount per month
w-what do you do for work?

>trying to get a young woman in the developed world to adopt a minimalist lifestyle

don't know what he was expecting. not like she can fit a shoe closet into that thing.

There's literally nothing better to own than a big clean sunny house with no unwanted noises and big balcony/garden
you millenial plebs only want stylish proto-dystopian shitholes with a huge glass in the wall instead of space

Id rather be able to drive five minutes to go kayak fishing or actually be able to grill out at home than suck off an asshole with a Michelin star

Assuming any water radiator system has been replaced with something more modern those would be pretty efficient to heat in the winter, especially since they all have a chimney as well.

Not like much of England has noteworthy winters anyway, but from a Canadian perspective I can see why such a house might be appealing. My house stands on its own so heat loss is an issue, and open-concept interior design on the bottom floor has really fucked me as well.

Why we don't build our bottom floors halfway into the ground like the Norse used to is a mystery to me. Fuck ground-floor windows.

That is quite a bargain compared to place like Hong Kong, Tokyo and London

>it’s a bargain compared to places where the elderly literally live in dog kennels
Humanity is a fucking nightmare

>36 grand a year on something you don't even own

Ironically she'll be living in a shoe closet in the city.

serves them right. they shouldn't have trusted their hippie kids not to screw them over.

Townhouses are comfy.

W E W
E
W

she's out there to dig her claws into some guy with money or die trying.

My room costs 1300 a month.

I wish I could get a sweet apartment like that.

Sydney fag here.
Pic related, my neighborhood.

Oh, I also have an ensuite.

Shower doesn't work properly though.

hobart fag here
800/fortnight for 4 beds, 2 baths and a rumpus, 7 min drive from work

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

>tfw I live in a country with one of the small population densities on Earth.

>tfw our politicians literally say they want to emulate Hong Kong's housing

>A bunk in pic related will cost you 200 dollars a week.

There's work in Tasmania?

can't relate I live with my parents lol

I actually come from Hobart.

My family had to move to find work. I went to visit a friend about 15 years ago. He was a drunk and a pot head working in a supermarket and he had a nice two bedroom flat in Sandy Bay.

Meanwhile 2/3rds of my wage goes on paying rent for a small room with no ventilation, a broken shower and a broken oven.

Oh yeah, and driving to work in the morning takes 25 minutes. Coming home takes 1 hour and 45 minutes.

depends. if youre shit at what you do, you will probably have to work public service

Man's not a man if he don't own land.

this is nothing. wait until they start paying your cultural figures to make eating crushed up insects as a source of protein look cool.

wtf how can australias housing market be so fucked up when you have plenty of clay?

What do you suggest? Should I buy a house in a city I will not live 1 year from now?

So buy a couple acres of wilderness in the middle of nowhere and go there to camp on the weekends instead of ruining metro areas with your detached house obsession.

This doesn't have anything to do with TV/Film you skinny dweebs.

>why yes of course we can feet 7 billion people on an American diet of beef and cheese

Reported

Maybe when you live in something like that, you might want to think about switching away from your "career" as youtuber. Jesus christ.

Reported for off topic