That final battle though huh

Seriously, now that the dust has settle, did Aku deserve going out like a bitch? Look at him, he got sliced into a pac-man ghost. I feel like we lost a pretty good battle here. I was hoping for Birth of Evil 2.0 or Swamp-Battle 2.0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PGZ51MUWPjU
twitter.com/GregBaldwinIroh/status/866384652453371904
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ending should've been 1 hour special.
Fuck whoever thought 30 minutes was enough.

why would he NOT go out like a bitch?

Past Jack had already kicked past Aku's ass, forcing him to FLUNG HIM INTO THE FUTURE. When Future Jack suddenly arrives, immediately after, it makes sense that past Aku would stand 0 chance.

I thought it was perfect, after all the shit Jack went through the most satisfying ending was to see Aku just get fucking obliterated, nigga didn't stand a chance

I found it satisfying that he took him out quickly. I think Jack learned to not waste time. Jack vs. Aku was never really that competitive anyways.

jack always beat the fuck out of aku I don't know why people were expecting some DBZ tier fight that takes far too long

I like that too

>Aku getting pack man'd
Wouldn't have it any other way.

Like I said, I was hoping for a big ol' battle between two Akus; Future Aku getting his shit ruined and obliterated, and Past Aku putting up one last bout before getting carved into nothing.

With the hopes of all the people he's ever helped or touched, Jack would thrust his sword into Aku and this time, he wouldn't get trapped in it. He'd just burn away into nothing.

>go out like a bitch
That's EXACTLY how Aku was always meant to go.

>did Aku deserve going out like a bitch?

Yes and no. I agreee it would have been nice to see him put up a more evenly-matched fight and have Jack win by the skin of his teeth, but at the same time Aku has always been a sniveling little trickster who's death was fitting to his behavior.

>mfw future aku went full Third-Impact and blocked out the sky before killing everything with black needle rain

I still go with the idea of a split timeline theory. Ashi still exists, however she cannot exist in Jack's time. So in that respect, everyone who fought against Aku in the ending is probably all dead, and he's laughing it up that he's not dead, meaning he must've killed the Samurai by that logic.

It would've been nice to have seen Birth of Evil 2.0, it could've been called something like, The Death of Evil. Something like that. Jack could've piloted the robot and Neon-Genesis'd Aku too.

I like to think of it as a direct continuation of the first fight.

Id like to see it edited all together as one event.

that being said I think we deserved one more big badass aku v jack fight

Yes. Jack's always done well against Aku, and he kept failing in his mission mainly because Aku doesn't care about fighting fair. He has a habit of being a sneaky cheating coward and escaping fight scenes. It was satisfying to see Jack just kicking his ass and refusing to give him the chance to try any further tricks.

I didn't expect much of a fight from an already defeated villain, but I would have liked a "Now you are finally defeated, Aku!" or something.

>Birth of Evil 2.0 or Swamp-Battle 2.0

Swamp battle Aku also went down like a bitch. The birth of evil was much more intense because Jack's dad is not as skilled as Jack.

jack's far beyond wasting time on words with aku, nigga just spent 50 years in a hopeless future and he just wants it over, not to gloat

>a pac-man ghost

Were there any original things in the finale or did Genndy just rip off everything?

youtube.com/watch?v=PGZ51MUWPjU

>he got sliced into a pac-man ghost
Thank GOODNESS I wasn't the only one who immediately thought this upon seeing it.

I would have expected an all killing sudoku attack from Aku when he's cornered. The needle rain was just a bitch fit.

Him opening a time portal and throwing himself to save his ass; now that would have been something.

Aku stands zero chance at beating Jack in direct combat.

>only survived due to bullshit time travel
Out of the dissapointing final, it was good to see him get beat like this.
I still like him in the end, funny guy.

Baldwin really did try his hardest.

He even recorded himself saying EXTA THICC. Want the link?

It works a lot better than I thought

This

Nah I saw it last night.

I do though

Aku was never a match for Jack, there was no battle to have

Aku knew Jack would fuck him up which was why he trapped him in the past. In the future he was a powerful dictator and had more time to improve his powers.

twitter.com/GregBaldwinIroh/status/866384652453371904

Samurai Jack's voice in the beginning was weird.

I wish that we could have had the entire fight remade.

>Few! That was a close one, now to heal my wounds and wai
>WHAT!

Thanks

My only problem with that is that they didn't use the original audio for Jack.

Did you see Jack's face when he cut into Aku the first time he returned? Jesus.
"No wait!"

/thread
This wasn't "Ultra Aku Final Form EX"
This was "already beaten to near death and used his Ace in the hole" Aku.
This was the whole point of the story; the point said in the opening every time. Get back to the past. Stop the future that is Aku.

Jack. Won.

Holy shit he's definitely /ourguy/

sweet thanks

Jack always destroys Aku in direct combat, but this situation is even worse for Aku

He was taken by surprise by a much wiser, worldly Jack who also had his own Aku-powered sidekick in case he needed her

Aku on the other hand was much less experienced and prepared. This was still his first time meeting Jack and he had no servants or anything that could buy him time to get away

>TFW the entire series would've been completely irrelevant if Jack just stabbed the sword into the ground.

>Birth of Evil 2.0
Aku ran like a bitch there when Jack's dad killed his clone army

It's better if you edit the first fight and the last fight together.

>that complete change of artstyle

>So in that respect, everyone who fought against Aku in the ending is probably all dead
Probably not. Aku pretty clearly can't do shit againt ghost Scotsman. Even if he's still around in the future timeline, he's probably spending all his time getting shat on by the Scotsman and being kept awake at all times by shitty bagpipe music.

This is of course assuming Aku is still alive. The sword isn't the only thing that can fuck up Aku, it was just the only thing JACK, the guy trained from childhood to fuck up Aku, had that could fuck up Aku.

yeah he deserved it
but I was hoping to see him and Jack actually have a final showdown

Like the three Gods are going to gift Flora with a magically divine set of Bag-Pipes to kill Aku.

Thats what got jack into this mess in the first place

That would have just grown an Aku tree again like Jack's dad did. You gotta draw Aku out of the sword and kick his ass multiple times to kill him for good.

It was actually 22 minutes.

Or 20 minutes if you don't count the intro and outro.

>I still go with the idea of a split timeline theory. Ashi still exists, however she cannot exist in Jack's time.
That's some crazy mental looping you have there, user.

You think that's batshit? You should've seen what some dude was spamming last night.

One thing I don't understand is how Jack destroyed Aku by stabbing him into the building around them. In Jack's time when his dad did that, it made the Aku tree. Why didn't it do the same thing? Is it because Genndy just wanted the series to be over and stopped caring about consistency entirely?

Actually no, that is totally something they'd do. Jack's held up his part of the bargain, time to hold up theirs.

I don't think internal consistency was ever even on the table to begin with.

>Jack and Ashi fuck after returning to the past
>Her orgasmic moans and shouts of "Samurai scum!" echo throughout the palace
>The people once more cower in fear

If Genndy just wanted it over why even make the season?

Some hocus pocus thing related to stabing aku in the pit of space evil from where he came

>You should've seen what some dude was spamming last night.
Considering the thought processes that occur around here, I can only imagine, and it's not pretty.

>the first battle is also the final boss

I subscribe to the split timeline theory, but this guy went one step further

If I had to guess, Aku was a lot more fucked up and probably just couldn't survive it.

Aku has always been Jack's bitch in direct combat; every encounter has always ended in quite a humiliating and quick defeat. Add in Jack at his strongest and Aku at his weakest and Aku was lucky to have lasted that long at all.

To be honest he absolute should; every other time he was close to dying he would freak out

this one is pretty good, very close to what I want for the series finale.

Because the internet refused to shut the fuck up about it, especially after the teaser from 2011 when Genndy actually WAS passionate about finishing Jack.

The final blow was lame as shit.

>Get stabbed through the head
>big ass explosion
>nope, he's still alive on the sword lol
>Jack and Ashi gtfo like they're escaping Andross' fortress
>big explosion v2
I was kind of mad that we never got to see the light leave Aku's eyes. Even in LOTR where they pull the same "collapsing tower" stunt, you still see the exact moment of Sauron's death.

phenomenal. thank you user

>I was kind of mad that we never got to see the light leave Aku's eyes
He's a comedic villain, user
Calm the fuck down

Need a video game like this!

>shitter hackson
I'll ne'er forgive that hack for fucking everything up and forever fucking over the setting. There was no platemail, it was chainmail at best, but thanks to that faggot's """interpretation""" of Gondor & Rohan (which looked like fucking shite ANYWAY), we'll never shake the Plate Mail Problem.

>implying he will stay dead forever

Once again he will be free to smite the world as he did in days long past

>before the final blow was struck
Come on OP, this intro plays every episode.

Or how about the ring wraiths wearing all that spikey armour and kicking doors down when they're supposed to be inconspicuous and stealthy?

>JACK SHOULD HAVE CHOKED AKU TO DEATH WHILE ASHI STOOD BY SCREAMING AND CRYING FOR HIM TO STOP

The main reason I wanted Jack to defeat Future Aku was because I knew Past Aku would go out like a bitch. Jack had already handed him his ass at that point, so of course he was close to death.

No one cares

Or Boromir being a blonde pretty boy, Aragorn having a beard, Legolas having blonde hair, Arwen in general, literally everything.

My God I could have done a better job.

>There was no platemail, it was chainmail at best, but thanks to that faggot's """interpretation""" of Gondor & Rohan (which looked like fucking shite ANYWAY)
ebin nitpick

In the book they burn down two houses before leaving the shire

It was still anticlimactic. Why does shoving the sword in the dirt even kill him? It didn't kill him the first time.

Because he had been on the brink of death a second before. There was only so much Aku could take.

Maybe a better ending would be for ashi to absorb the weakened aku into herself, then allow Jack to kill her.

Yes because he is actually a coward

Jack sounded like Solid Snake at the beginning here

How would Kojima have written S5?

Jack would be naked all the time.

Genndy made Ashi into a literal plot device just so he can skip the fight with Future Aku and kill off the other Aku in literally less than a minute, and it was all just to rush to the wedding scene as soon as possible and have her say "lol Aku no longer exist, bye."

What a shitty conclusion, that's especially infuriating considering how kino-level the three first episodes were, and it wasll dumped for a romance as rushed as this season's ending.

but he already was naked 99% of the time

sure you could, user, share with us all the changes you would've done to improve LotR.

>in the dirt
>Dirt

They fought in the Pit of Evil, Aku's birthplace.

Having Jack fighting both Akus would have just been tedious; one fight was enough.

The gun fight scenes from s5ep1 and s5ep2, but more often and radical.

Plus Jack would be hiding in a cardboard box when he was hiding from the DoA in the ancient burial scene with the green lightning bug.

Kojima would take up half of the end credits tho.

Also ROCKETO PUUUUUUUUNCH

That makes even less sense, since shoving a wounded Aku, the physical manifestation of evil, into a pit of pure evil, should actually heal him, not kill him

Then give the fight to the Future Aku whose demise would've been more satisfying than an injured Aku, make past Aku's death implied and not shown, that would've at least been a million times better than this shit.

>Aku dashes back to the past to save his past self.
>Finds Jack about to kill past self.
>Tries to defend past Aku the best he can.
>Final blow is dealt by future Aku dodging an attack that past Aku then took.
>Future Aku screaming and fading away as his past self fades.
SAMURAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII JAAAAAAAAAAAACK

We never found out Jack's real name

>Sword is the only thing capable of hurting Aku and it destroys him entirely when it hits him
>Aku's body is literally the formation of the essence of the Pit of Evil created from a mistake by Jack's father.
>Recap, Aku is made of the same stuff as the Pit of Evil, the shard of the original evil being
>Stabbing the pit of evil with the sword that can kill Aku should only heal Aku!

The fuck did you think that works

Also the season would end halfway through.

I'm OK with that with how past Aku went out, Jack was much stronger now to cut him up into pieces like that. I would have like to see Jack destroy future Aku in a epic battle, Jack really didn't do jack shit.