ITT: No one wants to be an animator

do it fag

>want to be an animator
>want to eat as well

>want to become an animator
>don't actually want to become an animator

FTFY

>inb4 turns into an SJW Tumblrina

sounds like you are similar to 90% of this planet. Talks a big talk, does nothing to make it happen

>live in Russia

Bullshit.

>want to make a comic
>Know I will be the only reader because it will never be made public

>realizes being a storyboard artist is more lucrative

wanting to do something should be motivation enough. If it isn't then you will never achieve anything of value unless it is by pure luck.

>want to become an independent animator
>know animation takes a long time
>but fuck it, I could endure 70 years of hard work if it means I could see my vision come to life
>the world is probably going to end due to climate change or some shit before I even have the chance to finish it
I was born in the wrong decade.

>want to work in animation (as a screenwriter in my case)
>not American

>the world is probably going to end due to climate change or some shit before I even have the chance to finish it
bullshit you are just a lazy fuck

>can draw pretty good
>too lazy to make commission info
>suffer

not an issue
create your own environment

>Want to do nothing and watch cartoons and play vidya
>Have a decent job making pretty good money
>Would rather be unemployed and have just enough money to live

>don't want to do anything
>do nothing

Oh yeah? well that does it! See you in 70 years if we're still alive, bitch. I'll make sure I make a reference to your post when it's finished so you know I made the cartoon, maybe I'll include the digits of your post as an easter egg or something.

>want to work a regular 9 to 5 job to pay the bills then come home and draw whatever I feel like to wind down

I know that if I had to draw as a job I would almost never feel like drawing in my spare time.

Thats the spirit you lazy fuck
I'm gonna wait
probably wont be alive anymore...but i will tell my kids

You'll just go back to being a lazy fuck once proving a rando on the internet wrong isn't motivation enough.

>Want to be an animator
>Was born into money and have connections so can pretty much coast my way to fulfillment

have a gf who works 9-5 in an animation studio then spends lots of her free time doing personal art
Myself, I also work as an animator too, but I never do any personal art anymore
Just depends on your personality

gib mone

maybe it is and Sup Forums is a better place to cure depression then every therapy could be

>want to be an animator
>Come up with lame excuse to not be an animator because don't actually want to be an animator

I can just about coast my way through life fairly content as it is, I start giving shit away and I might start having to actually do some work.

tell me more about coasting

let's see a sample
unless of course you're too lazy

Here's how Bernie can still win

>am an animator
>be british though

It's not all that bad though

>don't want to be an animator
>....
>mission accomplished

but why don't you want to be an animator?
>draw shit for living
>create your own ideas
>make them move

Start with something simple like animated comic first. Break apart a comic you already made and create a simple slide animation with voice overs aka Ninja Slayer.

Once you get the ball rollin you'll be more ambitious and move into actual animated short. That's how I started.

Pretty simple really:

>be born into a rich (not necessarily super super rich, but worth a few million at least) family
>Naturally have fairly high intelligence and creativity, bit of charisma helps (if not turn your social awkwardness into a source of comedy like I did)
>Coast through life

Like I said, simple.

does anyone actually enjoy writing/coming up with story ideas? it seems like the hardest thing in the world. like a ball and chain are strapped to me.

nahh for me it's just the drawing part

>what to become an animator
>become a storyboard artist

whats the difference?

At first I thought writing was the easy part, but man I was dead wrong. Like they always said, 'Story is King'.

>like drawing
>hate coming up with ideas
>don't want to work on others' shit

what to do?

I enjoy it, I kinda treat writing as I did playing pretend as a kid. I'll basically 'play' and come up with a bunch of ideas, write em down, then after a bit see which (if any) of them look good and develop from there. If you don't like writing and coming up with story ideas but you can animate then you're actually in luck, there are far more people who have story ideas for an animation/comic/whatever but no actual artistic skill than the other way around. Find one of them that has an idea you like and do that, adding your own flair and shit.

that's the easy part, making it manifest outside of neurons firing in your skull is where there's trouble

that sounds a lot more fun, really.

Higher up on the totem pole; lots of influence on the story due to your close proximity to writer or/and director.

did you read that king book on writing? been eyeballing it for a while.

buy ideas or ask friends and family

>too lazy to learn so I blame other things instead

sounds fun
can you talk a little bit about your work?
Anything Sup Forums knows?

Get someone else's idea but then basically turn it into your own, 'writers' can't exactly pick and choose, you play your cards write you make them your bitch.

Oh shit, it's this crap again.
>I wanna X
>but I don't have the motivation...
No. You THINK you would like to X. If you really wanted to X, you would put some form of effort into it. That's just human nature. I'm not saying you gotta go to art school, but just saying you want to do X without putting any effort in is just BS. You don't actually want that because if you did then you would make an effort.

>wants to become an animator
>makes an animation
>feels the pain for the creator

It's cool but hard as fuck so I'm conflicted

>No. You THINK you would like to X. If you really wanted to X, you would put some form of effort into it. That's just human nature. I'm not saying you gotta go to art school, but just saying you want to do X without putting any effort in is just BS. You don't actually want that because if you did then you would make an effort.
i don't want to end as a neet
yet im sitting here shitposting instead of studying

>become animator
>animate somebody else's ideas for a living
sounds shit

Then you don't actually want to become an animator

>draw the whole day
sounds awesome

>the only areas where you have talents are the careers you definitely don't want to have.

>can you talk a little bit about your work?
Bad writers consistently didn't notice plot holes so its up to the storyboard artist to fill up the empty spots. In a way storyboard artist is a ghost writer with the ability to draw, so usually the director will consult you first about plot inconsistencies.
The fastest spot to climb the ladder.

or just do what akira toriyama did and copy a famous public domain work, and slowly turn it into your own.

>Want to do thing
>Consciousness is fleeting, you no longer exist once you die

>want to be an animator
>trying and struggling but improving
>family doesn't believe in me
>not sure where my lifes going

I mean I did learn a lot in the last month or so but I have a shit ton left to learn. I wonder if I can really do it.

i believe in you
If the family doesn't believe in you it can be hard
my family believes in my strongly but i keep disappointing them.

>Want to be an animator
>Fantasize about all the cool shit I could animate
>See what animators really have to do
>It's mostly shit like those commercials for toilet paper. You don't even get to work on the good part.
>Don't want to be an animator.

What would you recommend to an animator trying to put together a board/animatic portfolio?

>get a decent job which doesn't exhaust you
>work on animation as a hobby

>Want to become an animator
>All my progress looks like it's declining in quality

Let's see. Draw a storyboard and turn the drawings into an animatic. Better keep it greyscale, do not put color on it.
As for the animatic pay special attention to the camera language, pacing and matching audio; even though you're applying for an artist position they will expect you to get those 3 things right.

just part of the process.

>Want to express myself through drawing, maybe evolve that into animation.
>So emotionally abused I wouldn't dare to do anything with it.
>I don't have the thick skin to deal with negative critique.

I don't dare, what if I spend 5 years painting just to get a "What the fuck are you doing with your life, stop drawing and do X." I might just quit after all these years of practice.

Creativity is not for the weak.

Neither is anything else I've attempted so far.

Does bleach hurt to drink?

>want to be animator
>animate

thanks user. I really do try.

cut the crap.

>discover I'm rusty and constantly preoccupied with other shit and have poor use of drawing tablet.

>He doesn't live in California, New York, or Florida

>Anyone wanting to live in Florida

There's literally nothing wrong with Florida

>literally nothing wrong
Enjoy your shithole state

Florida is where people go to die.

Throw out your resume everywhere especially on February and July and don't be picky.
People get animator job with the most lousy portfolio all the time.

This so much just seing the cancer that people generate in fandom i would rather be the only one that knows about it

>want to become animator
>want to learn to play bass like [/spoiler]Lemmy
>be king of procrasturbation
>tfw too lazy to even try & too much of a pussy to take rejection
One of these days, though. All it's going to take is one little step and then I'll finally be able to draw what I see in my head without it looking like total shit and finally play my favorite Motorhead songs

>live in a shithole without the means to thrive

>i'm still in page 2

At least you aren't minus8

then enjoy failing

if you have a computer you can learn

I actually animated some things, put work into it, and realized that it takes way too much effort. Unjustifiably so. Comparing it to music, you can create something someone else enjoys in a fraction of the time. There's nothing else like it though so I wholeheartedly appreciate those who follow their passions into animation, it's just not for me.

I think Fallen Angel was the flash that killed my personal enthusiasm for it. Shit looked beautiful back in the day on newgrounds, but it took him months. Zone as well, he draws/animates for a living so he's doing it like all day. I never enjoyed the process as much as with music, animation is too frustrating getting things exactly right.