Evangelion

Does anyone know when Evangelion 3.0+1.0 will be released?
It's been 6 years since 3.33, how many evangelion fans do you imagine have died waiting for their fan service?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nuc3pE22b4g
youtube.com/watch?v=9FajPMAkKYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No EVangelion fan died caring about the new movies you newfag.

It is continuity from the series, it abridges all of the lore. Why wouldn't I care?

not enough

You'll be seeing lilith soon enough

fpbp

BEST
GIRL

tv series 16:9 remaster when?

they literally started working on it last year if I'm not mistaken.

Fuck me, they started working on it last July.

This shit is never coming out brah.

Fuck Anno, he's worse than Kojima.

Anno is busy remaking Godzilla.

The Blu Rays came out like 3 years ago. Just watch those.

Being 6 years? Damn I remember watching with Sup Forums a camrip of the first and second one. Shit I need to leave this place.

Because they are shit and you are a retard if you can't realize that.

This. At least MGSV was trainwreck that while shit on everything the series stands for it was fun to play if you completely forgot it was Metal Gear Solid game. Eva 3.0 just shit on everyone and was fucking garbage.

They don't match up to the show but what else am I supposed to do? Just pretend like they don't exist?

There'll be a scene when they fly that giant EVA powered ship to the Moon while Fly Me To The Moon plays. Cap this.

>It's been 6 years since 3.33
never, that was the actual ending, it was a happy ending, earth is saved, gendou's plans were stopped, they are friends again, the resistance or whatever is alive.

I have a horrible feeling that the movie will end with Shinji waking up and it was basically just a dream because Lilith answered Shinjis wish from the end of evangelion for everyone to be okay.

THE MASTER ANNO

>when
I don't know, I have no idea when, all I know is that when it's finally released, I am going to have to wait another year for it to released on bluray.

untamed genius

>It's been 6 years since 3.33

He'll try to make it ten.

3.33 was horrible so hopefully anno sticks to his current trend of directing.

>earth is saved
The whole world is still V8 juice.

Poor Maya. First she never had a blind bit of luck and then she got changed into a boy.

yeah I agree, it was fun to play, really fun.

Misato best girl

>tv series 16:9 remaster when?

Like most animation of the period, it was probably shot on 16mm film, there's literally no matte to unmask for a remaster.

They'd have to reshoot every plate, for the entire series, if they even still exist.

>Robin Williams was an Evangelion fan
>He died waiting for the final Rebuild film
Or maybe he killed himself because of 3.33

Its fine, there is still enough clear land to survive...probably

I want the Instrumentality. Hell, I wouldn't want to come back.

>Evangelion 1.0 came out over 10 years ago
its fucking wild to think about it, this "remake" redo or whatever it is, is been on the making for so many years and is still not completed.

Anno is a fucking hack

i need you

i (don't) need you?

>Asuka/Shinji still not canon

in 2.22, Rei/Shinji was basically confirmed, even though Rei is the spirit of his mom.

>even though Rei is the spirit of his mom
Problem?

no prob bob

Rei is a slut, Shinji deserves pure german pussy.

No.

Rei gets fucked by the tree of life
asuka is a pure virgin

>Does anyone know when Evangelion 3.0+1.0 will be released?
Hopefully never
>It's been 6 years since 3.33, how many evangelion fans do you imagine have died waiting for their fan service?
A lot, I hope

all the women are sluts, it's what makes it good.

Shinji is also a sissy

What if 3.0+1.0 is a prequel that spans the 14 years between 2.0 and 3.33?

>it's literally a remake of 3 except the climax leads into a remake of 1 somehow

They showed that sort of stuff in the 3.0 preview at the end of 2.0, and the title heavily implies that it will fill in gaps prior to 3.33 and between EoE and Rebuilds themselves.
Not only with the English 3.0+1.0 name, but also that they altered the Japanese title to Shin Evangelion (シン・エヴァンゲリオン) where シン can mean "true" as well as "new". And are now reusing the original spelling of Evangelion from before the rebuilds. Rebuilds spell Evangelion as ヱヴァンゲリヲン, with a ヱ and ヲ instead of エ and オ.

3.33 was utter garbage. The only good thing "evangelion" is the original series and the movie.

Anyone who disagrees is a limp dicked weeb.

pls gib cut asuka gf

Well it's because you don't get Anno or Rebuild. It's hard to accept it but Anno is the biggest otaku dweeb there is. All Anno cares about is making his favorite character look good, and Rei look bad. So he makes sure that gets included in the story, and builds the rest of the plot and character interaction around that, leading to a trainwreck of a story only a certified moron could take seriously.

There isn't going to be a good Evangelion any more.

3.33 was so trash anno didnt wanna released 4.44 good riddance hell never be able to fix the shitshow now

>yfw Anno literally ruined his own franchise's integrity just because he was mad Rei > Asuka

Only brainlets didn't like 3.33

I find it weird that 3.33 was the shortest but also the one that was most dense of new material, it seems patronising to just rush everything and expect your fans to still love you based on fan service. Maybe we wouldn't hate 3.33 if it wasn't a major canonised symbol in the story.

Only brainlets liked 3.33. Like it's TLJ only worse - how dumb can you be?

It's TLJ done right actually

>it seems patronising to just rush everything and expect your fans to still love you based on fan service

If you still think Anno is trying to cater to the Eva fandom, you're sorely mistaken.

tfw fangirls hate 3.33 because Kaworu died.

It's not the most dense, it has virtually no character depth or depth in it's setting. Rather it's intellectually void and is more comparable to a temper tantrum, and the lack of anything concrete makes brainlet autists fanwank nonstop so they can pretend it has depth.

It's a thin framework of visuals which only represents a bare minumum an otaku can project onto.

I find the comparison to TLJ you've made amusing because it's the exact same thing only taken to a more extreme. 3.33 much like TLJ is pandering to a demographic that represents the demographic of the writers. Because they wanted "strong female characters" in TLJ, they focused on the show of strength for the females and forgot the rest, whilst forgetting characters and story qualty.

With 3.33, Anno did the same - focused on his favorite characters and unsubtly sabotaged the rivals. The Luke and Poe of 3.33 would be Rei and Shinji, their degradation coming at the cost of the movie's quality.

He is, but only a subset of it. If you were one of the insecure, butthurt losers that was mad Rei was more popular and stronger than Asuka in the original, then 3.33 and indeed, Rebuild is catering to you. Same if you're a Kaworu fan.

Fangirls happen to love 3.33, and is the only reason it remained somewhat relevant for a while. Merchandising yo, this movie was made to cater to them after all. The result was garbage, and maybe they are prepared to accept that now however.

This
Instead of shitting on old fans for the sake of replacing them with a new, younger more socially acceptable fandom, 3.33 shits on only the worst aspects of otaku and implores them to grow up and join society

No, 3.33 is the biggest escapist enabling change in the Evangelion fandom ever made.

While the original Evangelion promoted the idea that what you did in life was final, and that you had to fight despite the lack of comfort as promised by your childhood, 3.33 in particular paints the world as having a giant safety net. No matter how much you fail, make mistakes or even die, it'll give you another chance. Things will loop, repeat and happen again anyway.

Not only that, there's a reason for why 3.33 is only loved by otaku and hated by anyone even remotely normal. The audience at large loathed it, and critics panned it. Only the vocal otaku praise it even today.

All 3.33 did was strip the difficult parts from otaku favorites such as Asuka and Kaworu, removing their flaws, giving them eternal youth and beauty. This was made for otaku.

You literally couldn't be any further up your own ass.

This is the dumbest thing ever. People like you just don't think.

>Rebuild 3.33 shits on fanservice!
...then how come it has objectively more fanservice?
>b-but it shits on otaku!
...then how come only otaku like it and keep buying the merchandise, while regular people think it's dumb?

3.33 turned the otaku fanservice to 11 and it hit the weeaboo brainlets so hard they thought it was ironic.

Exactly.

Fuck the rebuild movies.

Fuck them. The only good thing is the music.

Unfortunately everything else is fucking garbage.

I don't think we watched the same movie

The fan service is cynical, you can see it in the preview for 4.44 that they promote this idea of consumerist garbage fandom, evangelion is being enbaled to tarnish itself because of it's fans and it's creator, especially, if you asked Anno what he thought of his legacy, he wouldn't be proud.

We did, you're just so far up in your own ass you didn't get a bit of it.

You sound awfully mad. They're alright. I wouldn't say they're worse than EoE.

>you're just so far up in your own ass you didn't get a bit of it.

This is you actually; every one of your replies suggest you let the Sup Forums hivemind decide what the movie is before you even had a chance to watch it.

>brainlet argument

What can I do to make you understand?

It's not cynical. It's right there and they make great profit off it, it's service for the fans, and specifically written to be attractive. You've tricked yourself into thinking it's "ironic" or "cynical" as part of a self-defense mechanicsm, to avoid the guilt of enjoying otaku fanservice.

If you ask Anno, and some people did, concerning why he drew "cute girls", he was upfront and said it was because the animators and himself enjoyed it. This is the same guy that draws Sailor Moon hentai doujins and likes Strike Witches.

The Hideaki Anno in your mind does not exist, and the only thing Anno was bitter about concerning Evangelion, was that his favorite character was not the most popular.

>I NEED TO EAT MY DOGSHIT OVER AND OVER SURELY IT WILL BE GOOD THIS TIME

>muh characters
What exactly can he do with the characters? They already went through their arcs in the show. Do you want to see their exact same arcs again? It's unfortunate that Rebuild shifts focus from characters to mythology, but that's inevitable. The characters are already done, but you can keep doing worldbuilding forever.

I've already watched it, and you're in denial. You don't have a real opinion, you're just an addict who needs Evangelion to be good always or your entire world collapses in on you.

Go ahead, be rational about it and prove your points, or mine wrong.

>removing their flaws, giving them eternal youth and beauty
It's literally described as a curse in the movie

The music is much ado about nothing, like the entire Rebuild. It has too many notes and too many voices singing and too many apocalyptical references compared with EVA soundtrack. It lacks any subtlety. Doesn't mean it's not fun. Zeruel fight is a blast, but it's just very noisy.
Rebuild weakest point is that it came after Evangelion. On it's own it would be a great tetralogy.

youtube.com/watch?v=nuc3pE22b4g
youtube.com/watch?v=9FajPMAkKYk

Yeah, being flawless and eternally young is such a curse, isn't it? The problem here is that you are completely unable to think for yourself. They could have labeled a piece of crap "gold" and you'd treat it as such because that's what they described it as.

You don't have the guts or mental capacity to look on the piece of crap itself, and see it for what it is.

You can't just call traits that cater to otaku "a curse" and then be off the hook for catering to otaku.

>posts opinions
>prove me wrong

Funny thing about opinions, user, they can't be right or wrong. Yours just happen to have been filtered through years of Rebuild shitposting.

I think the problem with the brainlet here is he's considering Rebuild to be the remake of Eva. And yes, as a replacement of Eva it's pretty horrible. However, it is clearly not a remake. As a sequel that tells a sidestory it's pretty solid. It's not trying to replace the original, brainlet.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Not an argument, brainlet. He can do whatever the fuck he wants, and he did. What he did however, resulted in shitty characters and a shitty story, as seen in 3.33. It doesn't shift the focus from character to mythology either, because it's even less defined than it originally was.

Cool meme, but proclaiming the sanctity of your own opinion doesn't do anything to disprove the facts laid before you. I'm sorry, but you are objectively wrong and if you want to make the world a better place, accept that and grow up.

He sounds like the kind of person who read too spoilers before watching the movie, therefore based his opinion about it around other's perception of it and not the product itself. Notice all of his points attack the "idea" of the movie, doesn't actually bring up any specific scenes or lines of dialog, thinks using ad reducto is a valid argument, ect.

Odd.
I don't remember Maya having lipstick.

I don't get your point, the Rebuilds are bad as a stand-alone feature. You just posted a dumb strawman.

It's ironic that it's proponents claim it's value lies in it being a deconstruction or subversion of the original, yet also claim it must be viewed by itself without the context of the original.

You've presented no facts, only your own baseless opinions about a movie you did not and cannot understand except through the lens of the original TV series.

Everyone thinks this movie is shit, dumbass.

Of course it is ironic, it tries to almost be parodical in it's establishment, with the whole gaybaiting shinji stuff, which only really makes sense to the fans of the original Kaworu appearence, Anno is making a 4th-wall-breaking connection with the audience in a callous way to communicate "this is what you wanted, right?" and everyone said "yes"

until people decided, "no". The backlash of the whole thing just comes from the insecurity of the viewer watching the movie, to anticipate it's canon, but to see that it is pander-fest. It's mocking pretentious fans of the show.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Not an argument, dumbass

>All Anno cares about is making his favorite character look good, and Rei look bad
isn't Rei his favorite character?

Trying to have a reasonable discussion with a 3.33-fan is like talking to the wall, they'll give you their standard, debunked pro-3.33 arguments which are nowhere near being based on reality, and start shitposting once they're called out.

This guy is absolutely desperate to defend 3.33, you can tell.

You've provided nothing worth refuting, see