Sup Forums hates this excellent ending that wraps up the series in a satisfying bittersweet manner while staying true...

>Sup Forums hates this excellent ending that wraps up the series in a satisfying bittersweet manner while staying true to the series themes and successfully wrapping up the Samurai Jack character arc and also pays homage to another great series with a excellent ending

Then what fucking endings does Sup Forums even like then?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xBqkLx4AMrg?t=92
youtube.com/watch?v=K5ARO37vOmA
youtube.com/watch?v=euo98i4vuaU
youtube.com/watch?v=n8mcDmXqo3w
youtube.com/watch?v=TnHo-XLjGn0
youtube.com/watch?v=iOP4fa0tLmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

-Great show
-Never forgot it roots
-Had a completely satisfying ending wrapped up in a well paced movie
-Is universally loved by Sup Forums

Samurai Jack did not do this.

I agree

>an ending where Jack leaves all of his friends behind
>doesn't even acknowledge the people who died to Future Aku
>barely interacts with any of the characters who died for him
>all so he can have his newly introduced waifu
>and then she's killed off, too, just for a forced bittersweet ending that would otherwise be happy since he got back to the past and saved his family
>true to the show's themes

Explain.

Neither did that show there. But keeping deluding yourself, user.

>horrible ending

they could have went with "you can't change past but you have the power to change the future"

>while staying true to the series themes

>spends the first 4 seasons travelling earth searching for a way to return to the past and befriends all sorts of people
>risks his life and sacrifices opportunities to travel back to the past just to help them
>feels awful when he kills the sheep that helped him find a portal
>Final battle they all come to risk their lives to rescue him after he's captured by aku
>pretty much ignores them all as hes too focused on ashi and then suddenly travels back to to the past with no explanation to anyone, not even the scotsman, leaving them alone with no hope to defeat aku and then completely erases them from existence once he undoes the future

what was the point of the whole series? Why waste episodes showing jack and his regret over killing ashis sisters as well those sheep when its all going to be undone once kills aku in the pat. Why bother helping or befriending anyone? why didnt he just focus on his goal and have the series in the first season?

>Then what fucking endings does Sup Forums even like then?

Actual good endings

>"lol Aku doesn't exist anymore"
>*poof*
>ASHI!!!!
>*crying*

Yeah, no, this ending was literally the entire opposite of what you claim it to be. Get your head out of your ass, it's clear that not enough oxygen is going to your brain, you inbred faggot.

The way I feel, the show was set up for a bad ending no matter what. Literally so much happens condensed into 10 episodes. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess I would have rather had more Samurai Jack then no Samurai Jack. But I would have preferred like 26 episodes with some more character development for Aku, Ashi and Jack. Like wtf happened for 50 years? Notice the only people who helped Jack in the end were from the earlier seasons which were just the first few years he was stuck in the future? Somehow Jack goes from almost committing suicide, to being able to face his inner demons and magically get his sword back, to falling in love in THREE FUCKING EPISODES! I just feel like Genndy was like fuck it I only got 10 episodes so I'll invent Ashi and just make it so she has Aku's powers in the last episode so I can easily transition to the show ending.

>Episode literally opens with Aku explaining the time travel plot to everyone on a TV
>Jack goes back in time like he always said
>Creates future people would want to live in
>Hurr somehow he's the badguy

This is why I'm convinced they'll make a 6th season where Jack somehow brings all the groups and Ashi back to life. Even if Genndy currently has no intention of it happening.

I loved the ending.
SJ excels at visual storytelling rather than dialogue.

The ending is something that, the more I sat with it, the more I liked it.

I felt that it was conveyed that Ashi suspected that she would die when killing Aku. Knowing this, she still went through with the plan, and in dying, she restored the world to the beauty and wonder that Jack once knew and felt he had lost forever, as her last gift to him. In that sense, I found it to be unbelievably romantic.

The scene at the end under the tree was really beautiful and captured the sentiment well.

I thought they did it well, personally. There's a difference between rushing something, and cutting out unnecessary filler. Again, this is Samurai Jack. Rather than analyze a relationship based on dialogue, I feel like we were supposed to soak it in and feel it. Just my two cents.

>Shot for shot rip off of Gurren Lagann ending
>Homage
I hate how homage apparently means completely copy.

Was Genddy to blame for this?

I want you to know I appreciate the chuckle that gave me.

Whats the show on the left? I recognize the redhead as the team rocket chick from Pokemon, but the artstyle doesn't look as pretty.

Yeah, I don't get why everyone assumes the worst when Jack travels back to the past. Maybe Aku disappears, and everyone is better off in an Aku-less future? What about the millions, if not billions, of people killed because Aku invited monsters and barbarians to kills civilians? People seem to believe the worst case of time travel law, when even that varies depending on the series. Jack's friends can still be born in this new future--the butterfly effect of whatever doesn't promise they stop existing.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Holy fuck my sides

I very much got a Link's Awakening vibe from the ending.

youtu.be/xBqkLx4AMrg?t=92

Basic backstory: Link from Link's awakening sets out on a journey on the sea. He hits a lightning storm and 'wakes up' on an island. He's told he has to awaken the wind fish to leave the island. Turns out it's all a dream.

By waking the wind fish, Link wakes himself up and destroy the island and all the people on it that he made friends with sort of deal.

The comic ended on that kind of bittersweet end and I find that they were all the better for it. It's essentially a lesson in not trying to recapture the memories past but keep moving forward to build a better future

Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons

I'm the fag that posted And yeah, I liked that too--I originally thought that was the route they might go in, because it seemed more poetic.

I feel that Sup Forums would find that ending similarly polarizing though, with how many people wanted him back in the past for the ending.

Actually it kinda does. Every life is forged in a specific second by specific events. Throw that off by even a second and you have someone completely different standing there in their place. The circumstances by which a lot of the people Jack met in the future were born was that Aku ruled the world. Take that away and you could have very well prevented entire family trees from existing due to different circumstances. That's the true horror of the butterfly effect when it comes to quantum causality.

Adding to this, if Ashi hadn't faded away, the implications could be left alone and people could assume "oh look good future was made! Strange time laws just made alt-versions of everybody, and time travel shenanigans let ashi and jack keep their memory".
However, doing what was done to Ashi opened the door to all of the horrific implications.

>Ashi's last line is literally exposition and fades out fast enough to make the scene hilariously bad
>OP will defend this

Give Sup Forums time. They'll accept the ending was actually good faster than was with Gravity Falls.

ones that arent shit you fucking faggot

fuck popeye wouldve been great

point out some positives with the ending.
>inb4 HIS QUEST IS FINALLY OVER YAYY LEEDLE LEEDLE LEE

I really wish they gave us a glimpse of Ashi + future friends in the afterlife or something. We know it canonically exists in the SJ universe and it would've made the ending much less bleak.

I want to know if the grimshit ending was Genndy's sole decision or if every other writer on the team was cool with it. It really doesn't fit the feel of the show at all. Jack spent his entire life suffering, he deserved some happiness in the end. Instead he ends up sitting under a tree, alone once again and alone forever.

Its a shit ending with an unsatisfying theme you fuckhead

youtube.com/watch?v=K5ARO37vOmA

>That ladybug showing that Ashi is with him

I don't know about you guys, but that ending made me more hopeful than anything

Jack's smile helped take me out of the bad mood I've been in for months

This is what pissed me off. Is she in the afterlife or isn't she?

Except that it's completely retarded that Jack made that connection. When they were trapped on the island Jack never saw Ashi drop her weapon over a bug, he was just sitting there playing with a bug.

One that isn't a rushed pile of shit.

Ashi was a poorly written and poorly used character. The final meeting between Aku and Jack (episode 9 and 10) were rushed. Jack being rescued and even rescuing Ashi to an extent were pretty good, and the call backs to the show worked well (except for them all getting there so quick, that was weird). Going back to the past, Aku leaving Ashi, and the apparent time skip to the wedding and then Ashi just disappearing we all poorly done. They either need more time to stretch out the ideas they wanted, or they needed more time to properly plan the episodes.

I honestly think they could have used all the same plot points of they had just spent more time on the planning/writing.

I don't care

They spent a few nights together, they probably talked.

This, since it was too rushed to establish the "rules" of time travel erasure among other things, Genndy really needs to address a few things.

I still think GF's ending was shit, so do most people with taste.

The only way I can enjoy the ending is if I don't think about it.

>tfw your parents had greater triumph and a much happier love story than you.

Why?

I really want to know why Genndy made the ending the way he did. It felt like it was forced to be bittersweet when a happier ending would've been a more natural conclusion. There were so many different ways things could have gone down that wouldn't have resulted in Jack getting shafted in the end.

It also bothers me that Jack is just ok with shit in the end. I was half expecting an after credits scene of him climbing up a mountain or something to kick the shit out of the Gods for being such useless assholes.

His Aku-timeline friends are still alive in their own timeline. Jack just ditched them and was hopefully able to kill Aku in their world by killing Aku in his.

Future ashi won't exist, she's literally half aku

Nope.
youtube.com/watch?v=euo98i4vuaU

Can we talk about how brilliant this scene is

youtube.com/watch?v=n8mcDmXqo3w

This.

What I said in another thread, Season 5 was excellent except for that ending.

Killing off Ashi at the very end during the wedding scene was completely unnecessary. The creators did that solely for edgy bittersweet bullshit that doesn't even make any sense. And it's not even that bittersweet, it's tragic.

It would have made more sense to end the series at the wedding or killing off Ashi much sooner

I thought the ending was fine, but it (and the last couple episodes entirely) could have been done better.

>The creators did that solely for edgy bittersweet bullshit that doesn't even make any sense.

Exactly.
I don't even like Ashi, but holy shit that was hilariously bad.

Even if Jack made it back to the past in Season 4 everyone would have died. Ashi or not.

sauce on that pic ?

>Never forgot it roots

Wrong. The later seasons are ass

>And it's not even that bittersweet, it's tragic.
Finally, someone else gets it.

The ending was almost literally
>and by the way fuck you
with a completely unnecessary death that was ridiculously timed.

Oh, and Ashi's last line being exposition was immensely retarded.

>The sound of Ashi riding Jack animalistically and shouting "Samurai scum!" echoed throughout the palace and the village surrounding

>still alive in their own timeline

But then why did Ashi vanish?

>Killing off Ashi at the very end during the wedding scene was completely unnecessary. The creators did that solely for edgy bittersweet bullshit that doesn't even make any sense. And it's not even that bittersweet, it's tragic.

To quote a friend I was watching it with at the time:

>thats fucking bullshit, fuck you, theres no reason to do that at all

...it just occurred to me that Jack literally died a virgin. Nothing went right for him at all.

Never before has character assassination been literal.

They totally fucked before the wedding. It took a while for all of Jack's old mentors to arrive and for his parents to get back to good health.

You physically cannot reconstruct a palace, send out invitations, have people trek the world via sails, and accustom a person from a different time to your marriage customs and completely recover a slave from malnourishment in a short period of time.
My guess is they had at least a year or two to go at it like animals.

Let's just say that destroying Aku affects linear timeline and Ashi does disappear. Wouldn't it made much more sense to kill her off right after Jack killed Aku? From the looks of it it took some years after Aku was defeated seeing the kingdom was restored. Why specifically at the wedding?

And why does """"proper""" real life physics takes place all of a sudden at the end? Genndy came up with all these meme shit like the Celtic magic and god power. Why does rea life logic suddenly come into effect?

Honestly, I'm just triggered very hard at the ending. It just sucks.

Depends on how strictly Jack adhered to his bushido code. Samurai are supposed to remain celibate until marriage.

>Ashi died the night Jack was planning on slipping her his one eyed sea serpent

Also I think you might be forgetting Genndy is a hack fraud who forgot Jack's parents were elderly in the first episode before he went to fight Aku.

>triggered very hard at the ending
Welcome to the club.

Considering the previous timeline still exists since jack still holds his memories and younger jack was flung into the future. Ashi should've had a happy ending with jack and it should've ended fading out on the marriage scene and before it turns black you hear "WACHA"

>Why does rea life logic suddenly come into effect?

This is the one thing that really bothers me. Scotsman gets straight-up vaporized and comes back because "celtic runes", Hell there's so much deus ex shit in the original series as well! Like Jack vs the Ultrabots, Jack is about to get killed and he literally gets a asspull power boost to win.

Why is it that all of the sudden, Ashi who is HALF-human fucking vanishes when , she even said she felt Aku leave her AND it's been shown pieces of "Aku" can become their own being?

The ending was just fucking bad, it was so forced holy shit.

>"Dad, I just went through 50 years in the future and my new girlfriend helped me save all of your lives, does the code account for that?"

>Depends on how strictly Jack adhered to his bushido code. Samurai are supposed to remain celibate until marriage.

The palace was probably practically humming with sexual tension.

Agreed, ultimately. Also

>the tree is shaped like half a heart

>Jack returns to the past
>defeats Aku
>undoes the future that is Aku
>Sup Forums is mad
ya'll are newfags and it's really fuckin obvious

Oh god, all those women jealous of this girl that Jack brought home. She's an outsider, mysterious, hot, /fit/, and could kick anyone's ass. Everyone wondering why Jack still has all these scars down his back and why has small traces of some black substance on his robe or body.

This.

Yes. A single ladybug under THAT specific tree JUST as Jack passed? With the symbolism involved in ladybugs? She's fine.

Ashi technically never told Jack her name either, but it obviously happened, since he definitely knew it. I'm guessing this happened some time after E6, when they had time to talk after the attempted suicide.

>ashi is disappearing
>no last second proclamations to the love of her life
>no meaningful statements
>"oh shit im going ghos-"
>poof
garbage

I've watched SJ since it came out in 2001ish? And I believe "rebuilding the future that was Aku" is much powerful than "undoing the future that is Aku."

>Ashi covered in black after realizing she had his powers
>Pulling Jack into the springs to have him wash it off for her

>I have defeated the evil that plagued our lands, but I'm marrying his daughter.
Every conversation resulting in the time-travel shenanigans would be priceless.

It blows my mind.

I actually liked the ending, but that right there was fucking dumb enough to almost ruin it for me.

Do you suppose they roleplay the 'lecherous samurai and brave assassin' scenario?

LONG AGO ON A DISTANT NETWORK, I, GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY, something something BUT BEFORE THE FINAL SEASON WAS AIRED, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL, AND FLUNG IT INTO THE FUTURE

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST LET JACK WIN. FIFTY YEARS, THIRTEEN YEARS OF A SERIES. HE SACRIFICED SO MUCH, AND THEY COULDN'T LET HIM WIN, ONE THING, ONE TINY THING.

Nobody is really mad he went back to the past you stupid faggot. Every is mad at that absurdly unnecessary grimdark ending they forced into the final 2 minutes.

Why is there a delayed reaction, days at least, between "I feel aku leaving me" and "without aku I don't exist oops"?

>days at least
It was years at least.

because muh bittersweet ending

It was bitter, not sweet at all.

>years
Probably months. Fuck, we don't even know THAT.

Maybe some divine intervention. Maybe it takes time for the ripples in the timeline to get back to the past.

You may be forgetting the part where he was able to finally return to the past and undo the future that was Aku.

He lost his waifu, but he finished his quest.

And hey, he's still a young man (physically). He's got plenty of time to move on and find a new lady.

>DECEIVER!
>WORM!
>SCUM!
>LECHEROUS SNAKE!
>NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO I SHALL NEVER GIVE IN!

>f-f-foolish *unf* samurai, I will *ah!* undo the eeeeEVIL that is *uh* you!

>samurai scum
>samurai's cum

>Jack sitting outside, far away from everyone, just taking in the summer air
>Suddenly senses Ashi's presence
>"Oh, I was wondering wh-
>She suddenly attacks him
>Jack is confused and more than a little worried
>Refusing to harm her, she easily overpowers and pins him down
>She exclaims that she's finally captured and defeated the foolish Samurai and will now use him for whatever she pleases
>"Ashi, what is this madn-?
>And then she grabs his dick
>"....oh"

And that's how Jack lost his virginity

Nobody knows if there was any Dean Martin music

youtube.com/watch?v=TnHo-XLjGn0

needs a SJ parody

He also lost all of his friends and his comrades, and many others who were inspired by his greatness to try and build a better future.

And knowing how grimdark genndy tried making this ending, Jack will probably never move on and Just become old jack again. But now there will be no one to help him out of his depression.

Wrong.

You want happy endings? Fuck you, life has no happy endings, the world doesn't care you exist, and it will fuck you into the dirt no matter how noble or hardworking you might be

That's the moral of Samurai Jack

better ending inc
youtube.com/watch?v=iOP4fa0tLmo
someone animate this then we gotta figure out how to pay phil lamarr and tara strong, get a literally who to voice the gods since who cares

>But then why did Ashi vanish?

Because she's directly related to aku perhaps?

Again did she vanish because time stuff? Or did she vanish because similar "The source of my evil half is gone so I gotta go poof" like ttgl?

I think jack's various friends from the future might be around, some may be unkilled due to aku not existing to kill them. They'll just be living peacefully on their homeplanets homelands and wherever else, with a faint memory of the time that may have been.

that's what I'm going with to justify the ending. Aku disappeared on the future folks,
and they all suddenly found themselves not fighting aku anymore, the world restored.