Adult Swim nostalgia thread

Let's have it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gpopXL2h33U
youtube.com/watch?v=8UIWnhUykpE
youtube.com/watch?v=PDToHQeouq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=gpopXL2h33U

I miss uncut futurama. Comedy central fucks up the episodes when they reair.

Seriously. They cut out scenes, speed it up slightly and cut the credits so they can fit more commercials in.

bump

Tbs does this shit too. It's noticeably sped up.

>be Yuropoor
>didn't have any American channels, let alone AS growing up
>only experience of AS was through Region 1 DVDs a friend used to order of Sealab and Venture Bros we'd watch at his
>now 25 and only just getting to finally watch AS classics and modern shows
>will never experience the craziness of it in its early years

I've no doubt that I'd be a slightly different person for it had I access as a teen

I just finished 12 oz. Mouse and Assy McGee, what should I watch next? Have seen all of ATHF, thinking maybe Squidbillies?

Also fuck AS for not shipping things outside of Burgerstan

What abut Xavier: Renegade Angel?

Oh yeah, I've heard that's up there with Ozmo as one of the craziest AS shows right?

What else have you seen?

Home Movies
Space Ghost C2C
Some Brak Show

A handful of eps of Metalocalypse

Call me an Sup Forums fag, but I used to set an alarm for 2AM every morning to watch an episode of FLCL.

Are you gonna set it up for 3am for the new episodes?

>tfw never got to watch [as] until recently because parents were huge moralfags and thought any shows with swears would rot my brain
so it was better back then, right? Half of the time I see it on it's reruns of non [as] originals or rick and morty

Much better
The lineup was shorter, but had better shows both new and old on the schedule, plus the bumps and viewer interaction

Underrated

I remember when I was really young and I would see those paragraph bumps and I wasnt a fast enough reader to read them yet
Then one day i managed to read one and felt like a big kid

All you had to do was set a VCR and watch it the next day. It's like setting an alarm, without the waking up.

>Also fuck AS for not shipping things outside of Burgerstan
Maybe don't live in a 3rd world country.

Anyone watch Frankenhole? I never see it mentioned, but I fucking loved that shit

Damn user you sure showed him

Same here, Attack of the Were-Lawrence is a particular favorite since it was the first episode I caught during an otherwise shitty point in my existence and it was exactly what I needed.

I remember the final Futurama marathon.
youtube.com/watch?v=8UIWnhUykpE
I have it on VHS btw. I really want to rip it but I don't have the device to do it.

ALL KIDS OUT OF THE POOL FOR ADULT SWIM

youtube.com/watch?v=PDToHQeouq8

wait how?

They cut entire jokes,speed up certain parts,especially the intro,all for more ad space.

space ghost was the best

I was there for the very first broadcast of Cowboy Bebop, first episode to last with only the Feng Shui episode missed.

That ending... I had no idea what was coming. I'm not ashamed to say I teared up.

I was always hyped when this intro came on.

Still imprinted in my memory.

Was this the beginning of the end?

Who else remembers?

Would you put your brain in a robot body?

I wonder, would TTG even of happened if this never screwed up CN?

>even of happened
even HAVE happened

And no. The debacle caused CN's general manager to resign, with his replacement being an inexperienced hack who proceeded to mastermind and push CN Real. A whole lot of shit resulted from that one harmless prank.

Mission Hill was pretty great.

A lot of the cool kids at my high school would get high and watch a bunch of ATHF DVDs together. I was an awkward as shit loser with no real friends, but an encyclopedic knowledge of Master Shake managed to move me up a couple rungs on the social ladder and the occasional party invite tossed my way.

I bought the show back when it came on three DVDs with two episodes per disc and each one was $25.

I could not fucking believe that bullshit but I wanted it bad.

I bought what I thought was the PAL version for $15.

In retrospect, I'm pretty sure it was just a high-quality bootleg. Still had all the episodes, though.

>tfw you are a yuropoor as well and will never be able to experience the full nostalgia for this show and [as] apart from early YouTube
>tfw I've made it my goal to provide the best childhood imaginable to my children, if I'll ever have any, by showing them this and other quality [as] shows, animes and cartoons in general, teaching them English, as well as good taste, in the process
Posting Big O because worthwhile animes have no place on the dirty cesspool that is Sup Forums and I feel Sup Forums knows to appreciate it way more than /m/.

Big O's got a bluray coming out soon.

Isn't there one already?

huh, neat.
I never knew all the backlash that caused

There are some really great adult swim promos. I remember when futurama was leaving, made me feel sad.

>I have it on VHS btw. I really want to rip it but I don't have the device to do it.

It's like 30 bucks to buy a converter.

Please do it user.