It's Okay to Like The Last Jedi

It's Okay to Like The Last Jedi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=KU8TPi7j08E
youtu.be/gSuIl2VByj4?t=104
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kys mouseshill

i don't but only a pathetic shit stain of human spends his time trying to force their opinions down other peoples throats. If you like it you like it, if you hate it hate it, but hate it cause you hate it not because some faggot tells you too.

i thought it was better than a new hope

it feels like RoTS to me so idk

Listen you idiots The Last Jedi sucked. But it did not suck because of all this alt-right/neo-nazi garbage. It sucked because:
1. The plot was a modern corporate “set-piece” showcase that made up “cool scenes” and wrote a story around them instead of creating a plot that could generate excitement through it’s narrative.
2. Rey is bad not because she’s a powerful competent women, she’s boring because she is a generic paint by numbers “insert-here” protagonist meant to be as inoffensive as possible so no possible merchandising demographic would not like her.
3. Finn had a good arc in The Force Awakens. Shame then that he apparently forgot it all between movies and repeated it all this movie. That why he was so pointless, not cause he’s black.
4. Canto Bight is a thirty minute waste of time that does not effect the plot. It has no “anti-capitalist message” it has a toothless “hurr greed bad” message.
5. Holdo is a bad character because she is a walking plot device that makes decisions only so others have to take action. She was created backwards. Where they wanted Poe to learn a lesson about “not being a hot-head” but didn’t want him to actually do something wrong because then the audience wouldn’t like him (and buy his merchandise). therefore she makes contradictory and nonsensical moves because she isn’t a character, but a plot-object. None of this has to do with her purple hair (it’s space, some planets have weird hair) or being a woman.
6. Hyperspace ramming as elaborated in detail elsewhere invalidates the entire franchise.
7. Luke had all his character development from a whole trilogy wiped out. All so they could do a cliche “fed-up with life kung-fu master” cliche who then dies from thinking too hard.
cont.

8. The First Order are illogical, apparently they built a fleet and accompanying super weapons as big as the Galactic Empires without having a galaxy or empire to fund and build them. Somehow the entire galaxy is fine with them rolling up and taking charge without so much as a shrug because they blew up one system with a weapon they no longer have. The OT empire was well presented in how they ruled and operated the galaxy even in A New Hope. The First Order has no characterization beyond “remember the Empire?” Nothing the First Order does is even remotely related to the Republican party, their pretty generic space facists. They never rant about immigration or healthcare or really anything political other than the same "We hate Freedom" that the original Empire did, and they have a diverse multi-racial and gender equal approach to evil, more so even than the original. Unless you think being obvious pulp-Nazi stand-ins is an accurate depiction of the GOP they're pretty toothless when it comes to current political commentary.
9. Snoke is stupid, lots of critics claim “we knew nothing about the Emperor” but the viewer had no preconceived knowledge about the Star Wars universe in the original films. It stands to reason that powerful characters existed, unknown to the viewer.
In the new trilogy, the universe is established, The evil was the Empire, Vader and the Emperor. For a character of Snokes immense power to exist is contradictory. It requires an explanation. And for characters such as Luke and Leia to refer to him by name, on multiple occasions, and for others such as Rey to never question this, is disconcerting, unnatural and entirely immersion breaking.
cont.

Sure. If you either approve of or don't mind it being more a culture war weapon than a film.

10. Bad costume design, In the OT and PT everyone has a unique look and silhouette that is both easy to pick out in a crowd and memorable. From the Rebels on the Tantive IV to the Tatooine/Jedi robe look, to the Naboo guard outfits, to the Troopers in the Hoth Trenches. None of the costumes in The Last Jedi do this. I couldn't tell you what most main characters wore much less the extras. Everything is so generic and uninspired you could use it in another movie and no one would notice they were reusing Star Wars costumes.
11. All the ships and vehicles are just the original trilogies with some extra lines painted on. Both the prequels and Rogue One managed to have designs that were simultaneously unique looking but still thematically similar to the original movies. everything save the salt-speeders is just a repainted original with some flaps.
12. Finally It's funny hearing people complain about "fanboys" wanting TLJ to be a retread when TLJ dedicates it's entire runtime to nullifying any changes to the story since ANH. It has been 35 years in-universe and everything is now at exactly the same point it was during ANH, Empire has uncontested rule of the galaxy, Scrappy rebels (They even change their name from Resistance to Rebels in the third act!), Dark Lord ruling the aforementioned Empire, One half-trained Jedi to keep on the Orders legacy (which has been otherwise wiped out), and so-on. The entire original trilogy might as well not have happened now because the universe has been reset to a merchandise friendly timeless limbo.

POSITIVES
>far and away the most space-based star wars
>resistance plot is speed in space and pulls it off well
>despite being a woman with purple hair, holdo is a captivating character with plenty of shades of grey
>prequel trilogy actually gets some love in the canto bight sequence calling back phantom menace's tatooine act
>rey shows weaknesses and faults (actually fleshing out her character)
>kylo shows strengths and doubts about allegiences (actually fleshing out his character)
>luke has failed and this actually effects his plot unlike some superhero who is heroic for the sake of being heroic
>fucking puppet yoda
>the suicide run was straight out of my animes
>snoke was a chump and the twist that he really wasn't that important felt good since trying to make him even more evil than sidious would have just been embarrassing
>luke vs kylo
>fuck you, porgs are adorable, didn't effect the plot like ewoks, and were kept mostly in the background
>papabacca
>hoth's placement always bothered me by making the rest of the movie sort of anticlimactic, action-wise; krait at the end was a fitting 'final stand'
>the 'true' story of luke searching kylo, becoming horrified, and then resisting the dark side fits perfectly with his character and actually bridges the OT and ST unlike Han and Leia
>johnson (who i don't care for) actually broke the boring abrams/spielberg/cameron mold and inserted a good amount of panache in the direction

NEGATIVES
>finn and rose didn't do much to endear me to them
>luke's exit wasn't quite as centerplaced as I would have hoped

Overall, 7/10. 3rd best SW after ANH and ESB. It seems normies hated it because it made TFA pointless, which was good in my book because TFA was a pointless movie to begin with.

I didn't order this pasta.

Of course it's ok. It's one of the best entries in the series ffs

The Mary Sue trilogy

This movie is the best thing that could happen to star wars. People dont even know if its a good movie.

>3rd best SW after ANH and ESB.
Like a neon sign saying SHILL

>shill
truly the last words of a desperate man without an argument. its ok to break the mold. you don't owe the people here anything.

All the arguments are here shill
You should start with them if you want us to take you seriously

looks like pasta someone pulled off reddit

You can address any of those points whenever you're ready shill, take your time

>literally a list of vague and unsubstantiated opinions
why bother? i'm sure warner brothers has emailed you a list of potential counterarguments already.

Wait, I thought it was MCU fags shitposting TLJ? Since Feige and Kennedy are fighting over who will replace Iger.

I accept your surrender and your apology shill, now fuck off with your trash movies

Who the fuck is Canto Bight? I seriously don't remember this character. Is he the guy that got Fynn and Shrek out of the prison?

no

Good job on side stepping

This is a shit pasta and you should feel bad, either because you're a Mouse shill, or a shitposter who can't think up good content.

>why bother? i'm sure warner brothers has emailed you a list of potential counterarguments already.
truly the last words of a desperate man without an argument.

Depends on if you're a fan of the OT or not. If you are, it's not okay to to like TLJ and how it ruined the happy end of ROTJ.

Best SW since Empire.

The argument is that TLJ abandoned the space fairy tale theme of the OT, shit on the characters of the OT, ruined the happy end of RPTJ.
It features the name Star Wars and it has the trappings of Star Wars (pew pew) but it abandoned the soul of Star Wars for the sake of cheap drama.

It was cool.

Agreed.

Far, far better than TFA.

Movie had issues, but I can forgive it as it had some really great moments.

I think the Yoda scene was more Star Wars than the all of the prequels and cartoons combined.

I really enjoyed it!

You can make the same argument for ESB. The father being the villain discredits it as a fairy tale.

There is nothign cool about shitting on the OT though.

Came here to steal retard wojaks. Are the kids cracking down or what?

Except with the prequels do it, amirite my fellow GenZer?

People talking about TLJ ruining Star Wars when:

Midget bears defeated the Empire in ROTJ

When the Force became a number of midichlorians and Anakin built C3PO in TPM

When Jedis and Clones became almost entirely CGI in AOTC

When Anakin became "the chosen" and thus rendering Luke pointless in ROTS

When the entirety of the OT was made irrelevant through rehashing Empire vs Rebels in TFA

When a simple joke became the basis for a whole film in R1

But no, it's TLJ that "ruined" Star Wars and not the unimaginable amount of retarded shit in previous films.

Luke was never a perfect hero. He made plenty of mistakes. He was tempted by the dark side twice in two year (ESB and RotJ) and then not again for another 20. I'd say that's a pretty good streak.

Not worth it, this thread is very low effort shilling

t. doesn't know Cinderella
Because relatives are never villainous in fairy tales, amirite? No, ESB had never abandoned the fairy tale theme, nor had ROTJ, that's why they're loved by fans. That's why you have never heard that complained in the last 30+ years.
Look, I get that you're paid shills but please tell your superiors that they need to hire more intelligent employees. These "counterarguments" are too low in quality.

It's OK to be a faggot too but that doesn't make it any less disgusting

You should be able to take some solace in that, at least.

>it's ok to like an objectively bad movie hated by everybody
Sure shill, free country and all that

>redditors thinking 50% = 0%
upvoted my fellow nerd with good taste!

I don't like it, but I certainly have stronger feelings about it than I have about any of the prequels. I see movies hoping they'll provoke an emotional response; it doesn't necessarily need to be a positive one. And it was intended to be a provocative/disruptive entry in the franchise, so I guess it works on that level.

Rian pls stop

I am GenX and I have never seen the prequels either. The OT is a self-contained space fair tale for adolescents with a Once upon a time start, a middle part and an "And they lived happily ever after..."
Now while the prequels were merely unnecessary, the sequels ruin the happy end of ROTJ and undermine suffering with the protagonists throughout the OT. Why root for them if THAT's what their lives turn out to be.

Happy end = ruined. This is unforgiveable, no matter what qualities TLJ may or may not possess.

Protagonists in fairy tales aren't perfect heroes. Jake Skywalker in TLJ is no fairy tale archetype however. They introduced subversion and realism into Star Wars. They made him into an old, disgusting milk-slobeering, cowardly geezer. How does this compare with the dignity of Obi-Wan or Yoda (who just pretended to be retarded)?

This, me and my brother had one of the best discussions in a long time because we bitched about all the things we hated about this movie lol and he set me straight on some stuff and therefore I was forced to change positions on it and ended up appreciating it more.

I still don't know if I would rank it under OT and Rogue One and TFA or I would rank it as the worst SW film ever though, its really confusing for me still.

I know this is pasta but the speed was handled terribly, holdo is a plot device with too many holes whose only substantial value is satisfying the cravings of mass media validation to 3rd wave femenists, Rey has no faults (her marry sue avoidance of development continues with Yoda being used to validate the decision to not have her go through training), Luke acting and asserting faulty logic doesn't make Rey in the wrong, it just degrades Luke, Johnson is a terrible story teller who opened the movie with a hamfisted your mom joke.
You're done and you're not convincing anyone kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
so says Cosmonaut niggerfaggot hour

IT'S OKAY
TO NOT LIKE
STAR WARS

holy soyboy batman, did this guy take nu-male speaking lessons?

youtube.com/watch?v=KU8TPi7j08E
>calling others soyboy
you're funny marcus

THIS
I love it

Perfect. Looks at all the incensed virgins in here.

I can't think of much to like about it except for the idea of Luke going insane drinking walrus milk.

Yoda was terrible

>hurr durr why did he burn the books

Fuck off brainlet

no one has a problem with your coprophagia

Sorry bro, we don't have a problem with people liking it, we just think and rant about tlj sucking dick. We aint the muthafuckas shilling 24/7 that tlj is a great movie and you are a manbaby if you don't like it.

Rekt

youtu.be/gSuIl2VByj4?t=104
This scene is kino as fuck