Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRPZtYWn0GE
youtube.com/watch?v=t9Pt5mS8Ysg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OH NO NO NO
youtube.com/watch?v=bRPZtYWn0GE

MRW based kino fpbp

still better than Dunkirk

hr wasn't on par with his 3 previous kino, but it was still a great piece of cinema

holy shit thats hilarious

First half was good but they should have skipped the comic violence.

I didn't get Hacksaw Ridge at all, it felt low budget and very, very cheesy. Vince Vaughn was hilarious though.

Honestly for the most part the violence felt more ‘real’ than any other war film I can think of. Probably down to the amazing sound mixing which I believe won an Oscar.

ahahahahahaha

You clearly haven't seen many war films.

>Sup Forums said this shit was better than Dunkirk
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

That was pretty bad ass tbqh. This film is not for soy boys.

The Pacific was were all the soyboys went you soyboy.

That scene ruined the immersion for me. It went from a decent war film to Call of Duty the movie Directed by Michael Bay.

The Pacific was miles better for combat scenes. Actually it was just better all around.

Yes, it's for 12 year old Call of Duty fans.

Except this actually happened in real life.

Soyboys went to Europe, the land of their ancestors, to kill their white brothers and bash le fash.

Men went to the pacific to kill and dehumanize gooks and loot their corpses for samurai artifacts

It was good, soyboys begone

I agree it was a "good" movie

like a 5 or 6 out of 10.

Mostly ruined by shitty combat scenes.

>download it because it's hyped on Sup Forums
>opening is some kid running through woods
>delete

Literally everything I've seen people call ridiculous in this movie happened in real life.

I can't imagine what the complaints would be like if he'd included some of the more outlandish stuff like Doss getting off his stretcher at the end and dragging another wounded soldier onto it, or rushing a sniper nest to help someone stranded right below it and having to crawl back down the cliff with both his legs broken.

I don't think many people on Sup Forums ever said that.

>Literally everything I've seen people call ridiculous in this movie happened in real life.

citation needed

I doubt a soldier picked up half of a corpse of his freshly dead countrymen with a single arm using it as a shield while carrying a 16 pounds heavy BAR with the other hand while making straight headshots and killing entire groups of enemies with a single magazine while blown up soldiers are doing cartwheels all around while shrapnel free explosions are going off a feet or two away

Not even cartoons are this ridiculous.

the only "problem" with hacksaw ridge is it didn't really break new ground like apocalypse now, saving private ryan and dunkirk. it was a well-done film divided into two entertaining parts, and as roman catholic and i can kind of identify with desmond's character and beliefs, although i would take and shoot guns. i am not surprised niggers and protesjews hate the film.

This is fucking stupid.

So real life can't be ridiculous?

Doss may have been actually mentally challenged and for example started playing cards in the middle of the battle, the fact that that happened wouldn't change the fact that it looks utterly ridiculous on film.

My main problem with this isn't him slapping or kicking the grenade, it's that his leg is pretty fucking clearly in that explosion.

>what is introduction
illiterate pleb faggot, soyboy libcuck

>claims to be Roman Catholic
>Identifies with a heretics retarded beliefs that not even his own family followed

he wasn't the only soldier shooting those japs, and there were bombs too

you sound really, really stupid

The pacific managed to do combat scenes that weren't pants on head retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=t9Pt5mS8Ysg

Disregard shitty intro. This scene alone was better than all the combat scenes in hacksaw ridge.

>OH NO NO NO
fuck off back to Sup Forums and stay there

>shoots someone through the fucking scope
*inhales*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fucking hollywood man

they can't help themselves

You're trying too hard.

see

To be fair that's not saying much

Probably a biblical allusion. Two men witnessing each other's deaths face to face seems pretty symbolic.

I appreciated it for having insane, frothing at the mouth Japanese doing terrible shit in 2016. Mel's about the only person I could imagine not trying to make them honoriburr samurai nowadays.

hehehehehehe

No, I said Beasts of No Nation is better than Dunkuck.

what about The Railway Man? that was only a few years ago

Why is this unrealistic again? Because of how thick a scope is? They probably just wanted to imply he was "that good"

>its a film about WW2
>featuring Americans

Dropped. Everyone know Russia won the war, let's see some films about that

Watch some Russian movies.

Oh wait you can't because ruskies are fucking subhuman that can't into movies aside from tarkovsky who was 1 in a billion

There's plenty of Russian war movies you retarded fuck. Stop embarrassing us.

>people still defending HACKsaw Ridge

its a shitty film with too much filler and a bunch of faux-traditionalists shills ain't going to change that

>ruskies are fucking subhuman

t. 56% amerimutt

You can't make a war film that's 50% rape

Stalingrad?

this
The Pacific straight up obliterates Hack's Ridge. Shame that characters and dialogs are a bit weak.

>OP isn't a reta-

unfortunately, the ruskies do not have a goy-powered multi-billion hollywood propoganda machine of their own and therefore can't make similar war blockbusters

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

dumb oh no no no poster

Look up Lend-Lease you subhuman. What are you even doing talking about history when you know so little.

They had the biggest propaganda system not so long ago

>The marines are soyboys

-TOR

You guys do know that a shot through the scope has actually been done, right?

Carlos Hathcock did it in 'Nam.

There are literally 6 gorillion soviet propaganda movies about WWII if that's your thing.

lol weather played a bigger role in helping Russia than lend lease. i bet even the local wildlife were more of a hindrance than lend lease

>propaganda
Soviet WWII movies doesn't feel like propaganda though. It's pretty genuine and cruel. Not like USA movies which is literally propaganda-core without single understanding of what this war about. Most soviet actors were involved in WWII, so I guess that's also played it's part

Didn't he use browning .50 Cal though?

No, that was for his record distance kill. He used a model 70 in 30-06, same calibre as the Springfield used in that scene.

It drives me nuts when people shoot BARs like this in movies

You cant just wield a BAR like that it weights like 18 pounds

If your gonna script a solider doing one handed shooting have it be with a pistol fir christs sake

Are you kidding? Yeah by 1945 the USSR was full steam ahead and Lend-Lease to the USSR had been decreased drastically, but in 1942 and 1943 their transportation and logistical capabilities wouldn't have been able to supply or even feed almost any of their troops if it hand't been for the US. Why do you think the USSR didn't open a front up against Japan in east Asia until 1945? Before that they were praying that Japan wouldn't attack them, because they were on the brink of defeat.

Generation Kill was peak military entertainment.

Yeah just cause mythbusters couldnt recreate it with one gun and three scopes doesent mean no one ever took one through an rco into their eyeball

not really. like 90% of stalin's rolling stock was captured early in the war

without allied convoys landing new trains in Arkangel the movement of soviet heavy industry over the urals and out of reach of the German Army wouldn't have been possible.

hence the quote British Intelligence, American Steel, and Soviet Blood

Kk, i just recall .50 was his preference if I remember correctly

>hacksaw ridge is about marines
also
>marines did most if the fighting in the pacific
is there a more overrated meme branch than da muhrines?

Mel Gibson is beloved mostly because he hates Jews and beats his wife, you know, normal stick it to the man le edge. Hacksaw ridge was godawful. Garbage and shit got a standing ovation at festivals lmao

His apocalypto and braveheart are amazing movies. Like Ridley Scott he became a newborn Christian and shit went down hill from there. Muh juice killed muh juice and muh biblical story inserted into all muh movies.

>he became a newborn Christian and shit went down hill from there
he was a christian well before braveheart ya dingus

Stalkingrad is garbage
watch Fortress of War (2010) or The Brest Fortress
probably only good modern russian war film

he's a catholic and stopped being a catholic.

everything played a role. everything played a role. repeat that after me. everything plays a role in everything.

Any good WW2 movies portraying the german side? I dunno, for example the whole retreat from Russia to Berlin or something?

*never stopped

No that was retarded pol who said that shit.

yes, yes he is.

have you watched downfall (2004)?

>Russia won
Russia did pull the lionshare but you retards and edgy cut yourselves kids go from America won single handedly, to Russia won. Russia couldn't do Jack shit if not for the supplies by the allies and the allies opening a second front taking back North Africa and defeating Italy controlling the Mediterranean sea. If Hitler didn't had that second front he could have easily overrun Russia despite their numbers.

I was thinking more like something from the frontlines. Starting from the moment when they realize they lost the battle at Kursk to seeing Berlin fall.

>Any good WW2 movies portraying the german side?

Das Boot and Stalingrad(1993)

Actually he wasn't an observing Christian until much later. He had a born again experience shortly before he decided to make passion of Christ. Same for Ridley who went on to make kingdom of heaven shortly after. You might wanna go back and examine the timeline mr.

I imagine some of the stories the soldiers told were embellished. Still a great film, even if some of the stuff is ridiculous.

>Hacksaw
>ludicrous events on the battlefield were so over the top that Mel had to actually trim a lot of shit down because he thought the audience wouldn't be able to accept them
>movie is without a second of the cancer that is post-modernist sarcasm in either presentation or dialogue
>treats the violence with horrific sincerity
>sound design is explosive and some of the most impactful in any war movie
>soundtrack is great
>every character is a believable human being
>surreal horror elements are misinterpreted by mongoloids as humor
>Hugo Weaving gives one of the best performances of his career
>is completely unironic in its religious themes, even using the cinematography to convey the spiritual vision

>Dunkirk
>Nolan outright admits he doesn't like characters or humans in interviews and just wants to make setpieces, which he accomplishes here by reducing all the humans in the movie to silent drones, machines waiting to die on some gloomy beach
>features a completely ineffective and pointless multiperspective and multitimeline gimmick that completely fails to come to the emotional climax it intends
>has several moments where the already-cloying soundtrack intensifies to show that "This is the exciting part! This is the intense moment! Don't you love it?" yet accomplishes no such thing because no one cares about what's happening on the screen as a bunch of statues sit and wait to be blown into the ether or drowned silently
>Nolan even manages to make Kenneth fucking Branagh give the single most flaccid performance of his career as a man who stares while constipated
>once again wastes Tom Hardy by putting him in a mask and not giving him anything to do
>lacks any sort of spiritual or humanistic vision at all, it's entire focus is on the cool Kubrickian murder but without any of the invention
>the only conflicts that arise in the movie between the "characters", for what they are, are completely contrived and only further to make the "characters" feel even less human

>hacksaw ridge isn't about marines

>marines didn't do most of the fighting in the pacific

>tfw no movie about the nazi police in occupied France

What would be cinematic or interesting about a bunch of whores opening their legs for BIG GERMAN BRATWURST

>weeb can only understand a video game movie

You could make it a mystery story + nazi on frog sex scenes

I think people are just shocked at the casualty statistics when they look at what the Russians did in the war
>Also dat rape of Nanking

>weeb
Different land of degenerate asians, user
Dunkirk is closer to a videogame movie than Hacksaw, as a horde of goon npcs get blown up in sterile scripted events you don't care about because there's no visible stakes, consequence or reaction from anyone involved
It's "serious" because Nolan is a robot but it's absurd and comically bad because Nolan is a robot trying to do a "serious" war movie
Watch Cross of Iron, Saving Private Ryan or Thin Red Line if you want an older, much better war movie by much more talented and human directors
As a Nolan movie, it's pretty boring and uninventive
As a war movie it's a complete failure

DId you see how many the nazis killed during Blitzkrieg? The nazis had what was coming to them.

2 ton bomb was dope