What was the point of Jack being immortal?

What was the point of Jack being immortal?

Pretty sure they either had a different ending in mind that gave some purpose to his immortality, or they didn't want him to age because that would've meant Jack becoming much weaker. Either way, I'm pretty sure that he's still immortal since they didn't really bring it up in the last episode.

I thought they were gonna do Jack like the Lava Monster. Once he gets to the past, he'd aged rapidly cause time shenanigans. Hell, it would've worked if Ashi died slowly, then both would've embraced each other until they're impending demise or some shit.

What was the point of the 50 year time skip?

What was the point in making Jack have a moral freakout over spilling human blood only for him to never kill a human ever again?

What was the point in everything after S1E1 if it never fucking happened?

What was the point in Jack willingly helping others over taking a time portal back to the past multiple times if they weren't going to exist anyway?

What was the point of Jack killing Aku, thus condemning Ashi to nonexistence, when he could've kept him sealed in his sword for all eternity?

What was the point in giving Ashi a metric ton of screentime and character development only for her to die within 20 seconds with her last words being exposition just in case the audience is mentally retarded?

What was the point in rushing out a shitty ending that brings no closure whatsoever and actively shits on everyone who followed the series from the beginning at all?

I want an epilogue that explains shit Genndy you sack of communist shit.

>Never kill a human again
He killed several more humans after that

While we're on this though
What was the point of him getting all that armor and gear only to lose it in two episodes?

I meant besides her sisters, obviously.

Pretty much everything in S5 required the time skip.

Aku couldn't just wait for him to die.
The daughters of Aku needed to exist.
Jack's depression and madness.
Excused the tonal change in the first few episodes.

Aku's depression and lack of caring about Jack could have just been when he accepted Jack would die eventually anyway. The daughters of Aku could have existed to serve him for many purposes, not just Jack. Jack could have been discouraged and the tone could have changed after just a few years, it didn't have to be half a century.

How would that improve the season?

The daughters would just become generic minions and a few years is too short for how fucked up Jack got.

50 years is far more dramatic.

>The daughters would just become generic minions
They already were.
>a few years is too short for how fucked up Jack got
Lets see you spend a few years of being flung into a world you no longer know and continue to fail to kill the guy who destroyed everything you ever loved, being unable to even use a portal to get back home.

Man this season really feels like it needed some breathing room. 5 more episodes at least.

>What was the point in Jack willingly helping >others over taking a time portal back to the past multiple times if they weren't going to exist anyway?

THIS
user you're a legend this alone proves the fail of season 5. Although I still enjoyed many parts of it.

Nothing.
Plenty of old characters were still present and virtually nothing really changed that much. But for some dumb reason it was included and the audience was expected to believe Jack never had a girlfriend or a killed a person in the decades spent traveling the world fighting evil.

So he doesn't get out of shape

giving the new season a new start so people can watch it without watching the originals

no wonder why this new season has so many flashbacks, duh, just move 50 years to the future and call it a day

What was the point of the bloody first half?
It was great while it lasted, but then it got extremely tame when the romance kicked in. I expected the finale to be a bloodbath.

To get saps like you in to watch it

>What was the point in giving Ashi a metric ton of screentime and character development only for her to die within 20 seconds with her last words being exposition just in case the audience is mentally retarded?

This hurts the most.

Just say "I love you, Jack" goddammit. I'm pretty sure the entire fucking audience already got the "oh shit Ashi can't exist without Aku" part way before the scene

Her last words, in what was supposed to be a crucial and defining moment, were fucking wasted

to add to this the speed of Ashi disappearing was hilariously bad.

No slow fade so they can share one last moment together

just a.. "oh right I'm dying, bye" -poof-

I was already watching the original series at the time though.

>"Oh shit, I fucked up."
>dead

I literally felt nothing at that scene. It was so awkward.

>didnt bring up in the last episode

they suuuure didnt

>What was the point in Jack willingly helping others over taking a time portal back to the past multiple times if they weren't going to exist anyway?
Because if Jack didn't go back to the past in the finale, he had no chance of going back ever. In the original 4 seasons, whenever Jack refused to go into a time portal to help someone out, there was always another one around.

I honestly thought this shot would happen after Jack decides to kill Ashi and proceeds to look at Aku before the final battle.

wait they did with ashi disappearing (months later so jacks immortality might act similar?) his future is changed also

look at?

stare down at Aku, I mean.

>beard
>rain
>episode before having none of that

why is the blood at the top of the blade? like even if it wasnt raining it still wouldnt work

I wish he had kept his beard.

I would've prefered if after the scene where he gets his sword and old clothes we fade back into reality and he is still half naked and with the beard, but with the sword in his hand.
Like a more symbolic way of showing us he was back on his way.

i liked his beard too

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

Why bother waiting for the next portal to come around? If he went through the first one he found, none of that future shit would happen and there would be no reason to save them.

He had no way of knowing that.
Eh, iffy, but that's actually decent explanation for it. I still doubt Genndy even remembered that, because it wasn't mentioned at all in season 5.

>He had no way of knowing that.
Whats so hard to understand that if there is no Aku, there is no evil reign of terror?

>Jack has hallucinations the whole season
>even after regaining himself, he still has a hallucination in Episode 9
>the series doesn't end with Jack and a hallucination of Ashi under the tree

I don't even like Ashi and I still think that would've been nice.

It would make sense if the bad future continued to exist, but Ashi's "death" ruined that.

Because Jack's a good guy. If someone's in immediate danger & needed Jack to save them, Jack in his good nature saves them, even if that meant he had to ditch one of the many time portals to do it.

Where's the guarantee that it would not be alternate timeline? We have no idea, the only time travel related trivia is Ashi's death, which is contrived.

I don't get why people keep defending the horrendous writing. I'm sure if Genndy had a one hour special, or a 15 episode season, or even two more seasons left, the show would still have the same problems.

Genndy got exposed.

He can't age because Aku and have erectile dysfuncional because Ashi.
The whole moral of SJ is to accept evil, such as Aku, in your daily life.

It's because people have different opinions, user.

>Where's the guarantee that it would not be alternate timeline
The fact that Jack tried to get back to the past many times without killing Future Aku. This implies that killing Past Aku will fix everything

Also the fucking intro says "to undo the future that is Aku"

when we gonna have one Q&A with Genndy?

>The fact that Jack tried to get back to the past many times without killing Future Aku.
There's also the fact that he gave enough shit about people living in future to stop his quest. And in the beginning he actually tried to go for the kill, without even searching for portal (Jack and Gangsters).
>the intro
Oh, the part where Aku talks? Surely, a wealth of trusty knowledge.

The thing is, there's no possible way for Jack to know this in advance, unless he met some scientist who studied time travel or something.